Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Summerset foul water?

rl10900
rl10900
✭✭
Anyone seen these mysterious fishing holes.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, right next to an abysal gyser. I thought it would be ocean, but worms were returning used bait.
  • rl10900
    rl10900
    ✭✭
    Do you remember the whereabouts of said gyser?
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone I've been too I've been using worms, even the one right next to a gyser on the bottom right side of the map iirc
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    Not all zones have all type of water. When that is the case the missing water type fish is divided among the other water types. Maybe its the same in Summerset.

Take Craglorn, it only has river and lakes and Coldhabrour has only foul water.
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • rl10900
    rl10900
    ✭✭
    There is foul water in summerset. I have caught the 3 rare fish for each ocean, lake and river. Foul is all I have left.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have only found one foul water, so far. Red X marks the spot. It's close to the bridge that goes over the river.

80jK5dO.jpg
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can delves have fish?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Can delves have fish?

Yes.

I fished in Wayrest Sewers. And Village of the Lost.
    The Moot Councillor
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rl10900 wrote: »
    Do you remember the whereabouts of said gyser?

The one just outside of Alinor.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Can delves have fish?

Yes.

I fished in Wayrest Sewers. And Village of the Lost.

Yeah, WS rather famously has a fishing spot in the final dungeon arena.
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's another foul spot at the very end of the pier where the 'boat' from the Queens Decree quest (from the collections/stories menu) brings you in if you don't enter via wayshrine. Only the far end one is foul - the other two along the pier are ocean. Haven't done too much fishing yet so yet to mark/encounter any others. The spots are hard to access though - you almost literally have to aim the camera down.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Foul's can usually be found in delve's / group dungeons and other internal spots.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • rl10900
    rl10900
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses everyone.
  • bert420
    bert420
    ✭✭
    Can i ask if anyone had much luck finding Foul water spots yet, i haven't seen any so far :/ finished all other water types
    Thanks in advance :)
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what I've gathered thus far.

Summerset%20Foul%20Spots.jpg?dl=1
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got the list of rare fish in Summerset from the achievement page, but is there a list anywhere of which water type they are each found in? I have always followed Darth's site but it hasn't been updated with Summerset.
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Summerset_Master_Angler

or if you're on PC, there's the Rare Fish Tracker addon
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the funnest places to fish are delves in Cyrodiil. Not sure why - they're usually pretty quiet places.

I saw you asking in zone for foul water and haven't seen any yet but plan to let you know if I find any.
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm there is one at Welkenkin Geyser, north of it at rock, but right next to it
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoseVex wrote: »

That list is complete but has the types wrong. I just now caught Lingweloce at an Ocean site (not Lake) and Great Yellowfin at a River site (not Ocean). Ditto the greens (ie, Blooming Flowerhorn is Lake not Foul). Treat that page as a holding list, nothing more.
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on May 25, 2018 2:45PM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can confirm the two spots at the Alinor Docks shown in MinuitPro's map. I've also heard from a guildie that there are foul spots in a public dungeon, although she didn't specify which one (or both).
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finally caught a green fish last night. I was getting skeptical if these fish even existed.

Not that I mind gathering motifs, but the ratio of trophies is about as my experience in Hew's Bane - I don't need more thousands of fish to fillet. lol
    Edited by MinuitPro on May 25, 2018 2:21PM
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That list is complete but has the types wrong. I just now caught Lingweloce at an Ocean site (not Lake) and Great Yellowfin at a River site (not Ocean). Ditto the greens (ie, Blooming Flowerhorn is Lake not Foul). Treat that page as a holding list, nothing more.

Rare Fish Tracker shows Lingweloce as an Ocean fish and Great Yellowfin as a River fish on my PC.

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I found this helpful when looking for specific waters.. :)
    2eamk54.jpg
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭

Rare Fish Tracker shows Lingweloce as an Ocean fish and Great Yellowfin as a River fish on my PC.

That's odd, I'm going to see if it will let me fix that, i've always used Rare Fish Tracker so I've not used UESP for fishing

Edit: fixed it, UESP is right now
    Edited by RoseVex on May 25, 2018 5:43PM
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am on PC but don't use addons, so the link is helpful thanks.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's odd, I'm going to see if it will let me fix that, i've always used Rare Fish Tracker so I've not used UESP for fishing

No, it isn't. I can't see any change. What was wrong before is wrong now. Rare Fish Tracker was correct.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, it isn't. I can't see any change. What was wrong before is wrong now. Rare Fish Tracker was correct.

Try Ctrl+F5 to refresh the page. When I just did that, it shifted the chart around.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In Karnwasten

Karnwasten_foul_fishing_hole.png

Where I've marked the map
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thread! Looking forward to the PS4 launch.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready