Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summerset foul water?

• LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭
    Madlark wrote: »
    elijafire wrote: »
    i catch all foul fish pretty fast
    like in few hours
    you just need to know how to change a mirror
    it will double fishing spots so you will always find one

I love how everyone glossed right over this guys simple solution and went right on complaining and cursing zos LOL!

#firstworldproblems

Care to elaborate? Because I'm obviously not getting something here. Does he mean server mirror or smth? How is this going to help?

every mirror has its own instance with independed nodes
    relog few times until you didnt notice mirror change

ie another players on NPC around, or creature just killed by you - alive
    etc
    Edited by LumbermillOverlord on June 5, 2018 8:06AM
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like in few hours

I love how everyone glossed right over this guys simple solution and went right on complaining and cursing zos LOL!

#firstworldproblems

Care to elaborate? Because I'm obviously not getting something here. Does he mean server mirror or smth? How is this going to help?

etc

If you mean just keep logging in/out of the game until you reach an instance with the node up, then I can't imagine that being a good use of time, considering the time spent to log in and out of the game and the slim chances of a hole being up. 19 times out of 20 when I pass a spot where I know a foul fishing hole is, it's not up, no matter what instance I'm in.

Edited by Carbonised on June 5, 2018 9:15AM
    Options
  • LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭
    its up to you
    i done foul water in summerset in few hours
    you can spent days if you wont change mirrors
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its up to you
    i done foul water in summerset in few hours
    you can spent days if you wont change mirrors

Pointless achievement is pointless. I'll get it eventually, while fishing lots of oceans for the ingredients, motifs and whatnot.
    Options
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    like in few hours

#firstworldproblems

etc

If you mean just keep logging in/out of the game until you reach an instance with the node up, then I can't imagine that being a good use of time, considering the time spent to log in and out of the game and the slim chances of a hole being up. 19 times out of 20 when I pass a spot where I know a foul fishing hole is, it's not up, no matter what instance I'm in.

Or we could all just come here and rage at zos in between relogs win win -=}
    Options
  • LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭
    i need 1 blue from lake
    found only 4 nodes so far
    anyone can help?

2Hat2.png

Edited by LumbermillOverlord on June 5, 2018 2:14PM
    Options
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    i need 1 blue from lake
    anyone can help?

2Hat2.png

The body of water at the end of the left river is a lake, and so is the tiny puddle south of it.
    GM - [Trade, PC EU] The Forbidden Cleavage - pm to join
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a lake spot right in front of the entrance to Cloudrest.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question.

While fishing, you can catch all motif and recipie from all locations right?

So anywhere in Summerset, also in artaeum, and isn’t there also a public dungeon that you can fish in?

Can anyone please list the locations I missed and if it’s correct you can fish for all specialty fish and motifs recipie in the same spots? Obviously not foul fish from ocean water but everything else, correct? Thank you.
    Options
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Quick question.

So anywhere in Summerset, also in artaeum, and isn’t there also a public dungeon that you can fish in?

Can anyone please list the locations I missed and if it’s correct you can fish for all specialty fish and motifs recipie in the same spots? Obviously not foul fish from ocean water but everything else, correct? Thank you.

I know you can only get the recipes in Artaeum.

I think, but am not 100% sure, you only get the motifs in summerset including the dungeons.

Achievement fish a spread between foul water, ocean, lake, and river. But you can get motifs in any of these.
    Options
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DamenAJ wrote: »
    Quick question.

I know you can only get the recipes in Artaeum.

I think, but am not 100% sure, you only get the motifs in summerset including the dungeons.

Achievement fish a spread between foul water, ocean, lake, and river. But you can get motifs in any of these.

Thanks. Only care about recipie. Appreciate it
    Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone on EU recently seen a Foulwater Spot?

Since this morning at 10 A.m. CEST they are somehow alll gone -.-

@ZOS_GinaBruno pls let them check the respawn timers of Foulwater Spots, something seems off there.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i need 1 blue from lake
    anyone can help?

2Hat2.png

These are the lake spots I've found. Note the one just NW of the Shimmerene wayshrine has two nodes even though it looks like one on the map.

obrgtPG.jpg

PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    Options
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been fishing all day in artaeum, no recipie. Do they come from the satchels? I’ve gotten a few blue satchels but no purple ones. Just looking to get the one recipie and leave, tons of people fishing here.

Thanks.
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been fishing all day in artaeum, no recipie. Do they come from the satchels? I’ve gotten a few blue satchels but no purple ones. Just looking to get the one recipie and leave, tons of people fishing here.

Thanks.

They come from the blue satchels (if RNG looks favorably upon you).
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

@NOTPLAYER2

Yes, the recipes come from the satchels. The satchels are always blue but that has no bearing on what is in them. Some players got the recipes quickly but it took me a week and a half to get two of them......one purple recipe and one gold recipe.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

Thanks.

@NOTPLAYER2

Yes, the recipes come from the satchels. The satchels are always blue but that has no bearing on what is in them. Some players got the recipes quickly but it took me a week and a half to get two of them......one purple recipe and one gold recipe.

Thanks. Appreciate the quick answers. Now I just hope rng shines down on me :)
    Options
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

Good advice to all: FISH WITH THE PEOPLE.

Pools will dry out fast, but you'll get satchels much faster.

When I was hunting for my satchels, took me... less than an hour, I'd only get 2-3 fish per pool, but the ratio to get satchels was pretty good.
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like in few hours

#firstworldproblems

maybe if it wasn't in code.

nvm, helps to read the second page of the thread...:|

Edited by Lylith on June 5, 2018 11:08PM
    Options
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    Has anyone on EU recently seen a Foulwater Spot?

Since this morning at 10 A.m. CEST they are somehow alll gone -.-

@ZOS_GinaBruno pls let them check the respawn timers of Foulwater Spots, something seems off there.

I second that. Patrolled the non-dungeon spots, tried relogging as LumbermillOverlord suggested for about half an hour, too - not a single Foul spawned.

"Muuuuum!" =(

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after trying to fish during European night time several nights in a row, i finally managed to catch the last blue rare fish inside one of the foul holes in Karnwasten. I have to say, even with this new fish food, this has single handedly been my most frustrating fishing experience ever in this game. There simply is not enough foul holes in Summerset, and i ran into issues several times where there was never any foul hole active in the entire zone, much like with Hew's Bane bugged foul water. I know that there will always be a lot of people fishing in a new zone during the first month or so of the release, but this has simply been ridiculous. Having to ride miles for fishing holes that are far and few between is bad enough, then it gets worse when they don't respawn properly either.

Atleast in Reaper's March, there is ALWAYS atleast 1 active foul hole out of the zone's total 5 at any given time.
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on June 6, 2018 9:02PM
    Options
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    The two spots at the Elinor dock mentioned are not foul for me. They are ocean.
    Options
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    DiNanna63 wrote: »
    The two spots at the Elinor dock mentioned are not foul for me. They are ocean.

ACTUALLY I've made a rather horrifying discovery lately. Let me explain it with a screenshot. I've never, EVER seen something like this before.

Foul_Ocean.png

This is one of the two foul spots at the docks, which I repeatedly ignored because it was showing up as Ocean for me. Then I tried fishing with Crawlers and got a Slaughterfish.

Options
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is spots all over eso where the fishing hole type does not make sense. Can be irritating at times.
    Options
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    I've got master Angler, but I've never seen two types in the same spot before... I mean, this is probably just an add-on glitch, but it still freaked me out.
    Options
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got master Angler, but I've never seen two types in the same spot before... I mean, this is probably just an add-on glitch, but it still freaked me out.

I have seen that before, in Stormhaven. Once the node switched type it never switched back so it should at least stay Foul.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any other spots?
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh none of these spots are on
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just add my voice to the chorus of those frustrated with this foul experience! This is the first time I've been genuinely frustrated with fishing. I've run into a lack of fishing holes before, but this is really ridiculous! I've spent hours running around from place to place, and as of yet I've only *seen* two of those foul holes! Still need the blue - given up for now and moved on to Artaeum... :s
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I only need the blue foul fish. Its rather frustrating, and the opposite of a good time. So I stopped spending all day running across the land hunting foul water, and went to PvP to murder faces instead.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options