Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Summerset Release Time

• BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    Yet again, PC gets extra weeks of headstart, while Console gets the shaft. Love how pretty much every other game manages to give the same stuff to both PC and Console on the same schedule... unless you consider games like Neverwinter... but, really, do they honestly want to be compared equally with those guys?? The excuse last year was the vetting process on Xbox causes the delay... ok, well, they had a year to plan for that obstacle, and yet, here we are again! They still do not care a bit, and on top of it, they have the twitch crates for PC only... so many benefits for playing on PC, would be nice to be able to play there, but, I can't because of my hands - need a controller for playing. So... when will they discover that Console deserves as much reward as PC does?

this happens a lot actually - warframe specifically comes to mind
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't PC users buy the majority of the crowns, anyway?
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

Does that really matter? In any case, I am fairly certain that there is a vastly larger playerbase on console, since all of us have the exact same machine, which can run the game. Having a PC that can run it might be not so hard now, but back in the first year the game came out, not so easy (trust me, I was one that barely could run the game, and I had pretty decent parts in my PC), and, after the first year an MMO is out, they start to look a bit old in comparison to newer MMOs. Just wondering if the population of PC ESO is as large, and I am thinking console has many more players.

Next, unless you are adding in that first year to say PC has bought more total crowns, I am pretty sure console buys more. They are far more prone to making impulse purchases, and have more money since they don't worry about staying cutting edge on their machine (they bought the console, and its good until next gen comes out). So, pretty sure console has a larger chance of just blowing some cash lol...

But, in the end, no matter who spends more, does that matter? If I bought a product, you bought a product, same price... shouldn't we get the same thing? Here, we don't. I can understand if it was a different country: you buy a car in the US for 1 price, I buy one for a different price in Japan. But, internet makes us all ONE country effectively. We all expect the same from our developers because we all pay the same price for the game. Like I said, all I am asking is that they show console players that they understand that since they cannot give us the headstart, that's ok, here is X to make up for it. That would buy SO much more loyalty and love from the console players... which counts for a TON.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does that really matter? In any case, I am fairly certain that there is a vastly larger playerbase on console, since all of us have the exact same machine, which can run the game. Having a PC that can run it might be not so hard now, but back in the first year the game came out, not so easy (trust me, I was one that barely could run the game, and I had pretty decent parts in my PC), and, after the first year an MMO is out, they start to look a bit old in comparison to newer MMOs. Just wondering if the population of PC ESO is as large, and I am thinking console has many more players.

Next, unless you are adding in that first year to say PC has bought more total crowns, I am pretty sure console buys more. They are far more prone to making impulse purchases, and have more money since they don't worry about staying cutting edge on their machine (they bought the console, and its good until next gen comes out). So, pretty sure console has a larger chance of just blowing some cash lol...

(snipped)

PC has the larger playerbase, i dont know how you could even fool yourself about that. When the game first came out, i was playing on a i5-2320, 8gbs of ddr3 ram, and a GTX 555. You didnt need anything special to run this game.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet again, PC gets extra weeks of headstart, while Console gets the shaft. Love how pretty much every other game manages to give the same stuff to both PC and Console on the same schedule... unless you consider games like Neverwinter... but, really, do they honestly want to be compared equally with those guys?? The excuse last year was the vetting process on Xbox causes the delay... ok, well, they had a year to plan for that obstacle, and yet, here we are again! They still do not care a bit, and on top of it, they have the twitch crates for PC only... so many benefits for playing on PC, would be nice to be able to play there, but, I can't because of my hands - need a controller for playing. So... when will they discover that Console deserves as much reward as PC does?

You can use a controller on pc....I have a lot of friends who do and are amazing at pvp and pve
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronMP5 wrote: »
    Alarra wrote: »
    Maintenance on Monday will begin at 4am EDT, and we hope to have everything wrapped up later that morning. We'll keep you all updated as we can. :)

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Yeah but can the people that ordered the physical edition get into Summerset on Monday before the mail gets delivered?

+1 to this question. Hoping it’ll be like Morrowind where we send proof of preorder to get access, ‘cause if mine arrives unusually late in the evening like my Morrowind one did, I will be very sad if I can’t play it during the day (especially after taking off work).

We're working on a solution for this, in the event you don't receive the Physical CE in time for launch.

Sorry to be a bother but, is there an update to the status of the solution you guys are working on?

Contact support on Monday if you don't hear anything from ZOS.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

You can use a controller on pc....I have a lot of friends who do and are amazing at pvp and pve

That's great... except, in the time that I have been on console instead of PC, because they outright told us that they had NO plans of ever doing controller support on PC, so I went to console, and built up my 'life' there, along with all of my purchases and everything else. So, no, it is pretty much impossible to swap back, since I would be, effectively, starting all over and wasting hundreds of dollars. Just the basic part, buying an expansion on console does not give you the expansion on PC, so I would have to buy those again... and, that's just the two expansions. Not counting the numerous motifs I have bought or hunted down, etc. The friends I have made, etc.

No, when they said they were not going to work on controller support, they made the decision to send me to console.

Regardless, it is not right to have PC get more than console for the same price. If they want to give PC more, that is fine, just charge console less. Or, give console something to make up for their inability to plan properly (since they know this vetting process exists, yet still don't plan around that to balance the platforms - their choice). Would not matter what platform I am on, and odds are, whatever they would give us would be worthless to me anyway. But, what it represents is priceless - equality and balance.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance on Monday will begin at 4am EDT, and we hope to have everything wrapped up later that morning. We'll keep you all updated as we can. :)

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Yeah but can the people that ordered the physical edition get into Summerset on Monday before the mail gets delivered?

Probably not.

EDIT: Which, I mean, in the grand scheme of things, that's cool. My sympathies to anyone who specifically took time off work for launch day, but I was kinda prepared for the idea that I wouldn't actually be getting into Summerset on live until the 5th. Anything before that is gravy. Though, I'm certainly sympathetic to the players who were expecting it at the first possible moment.

@starkerealm for Canadians it's a holiday... Which means you have the day off, without booking it off... But don't get summerset until Tuesday.

[Edit] nevermind I see UrQuan already explained the conundrum. Sorry!
    Edited by MissBizz on May 20, 2018 4:21AM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's great... except, in the time that I have been on console instead of PC, because they outright told us that they had NO plans of ever doing controller support on PC, so I went to console, and built up my 'life' there, along with all of my purchases and everything else. So, no, it is pretty much impossible to swap back, since I would be, effectively, starting all over and wasting hundreds of dollars. Just the basic part, buying an expansion on console does not give you the expansion on PC, so I would have to buy those again... and, that's just the two expansions. Not counting the numerous motifs I have bought or hunted down, etc. The friends I have made, etc.

No, when they said they were not going to work on controller support, they made the decision to send me to console.

Regardless, it is not right to have PC get more than console for the same price. If they want to give PC more, that is fine, just charge console less. Or, give console something to make up for their inability to plan properly (since they know this vetting process exists, yet still don't plan around that to balance the platforms - their choice). Would not matter what platform I am on, and odds are, whatever they would give us would be worthless to me anyway. But, what it represents is priceless - equality and balance.

What would you accept as making up for the difference? Crowns? Free ESO+? How many/much?
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Any good news about the LAG? We can hope there will be improvements in the servers that are almost unplayable in Cyrodiil, like today, at exactly the time where dozens of players have problems with PING, memory spikes, lag, etc?
    Edited by Iskras on May 20, 2018 5:02AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it a week. Should have done the first hotfix by then
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What would you accept as making up for the difference? Crowns? Free ESO+? How many/much?

I already said, even if was something dumb, like a non-combat pet... the point is the action of attempting to do 'something' to make up for the imbalance. Even if it was 500 crowns, a pet, a mount, a few crates, etc... just whatever, something... nothing completely worthless, but doesn't have to be anything actually 'worth' anything either. I'm certain they can figure out what would be appropriate. But, I'm not asking they do some major overture... just make some form of attempt to balance out that PC gets 2 weeks of headstart.
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    :smiley: I usually plan on downloading on release days and MAYBE playing the next day ...
  • Sparky617
    Sparky617
    ✭✭✭

PC is the superior gaming platform. Console players should know their place, and be thankful that us PC players had the strength and courage to work out all the bugs for you. Now you can eat your Cheetos and drink Mountain Dew knowing that all the walkthroughs are already on Youtube for you to watch. >:)
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And old and very wise man once told me "Never play on patch day, boy!" I think you should go with that.

I mean take a vacation and go out have a couple of beers and enjoy the weather ^^
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

+1 to this question. Hoping it’ll be like Morrowind where we send proof of preorder to get access, ‘cause if mine arrives unusually late in the evening like my Morrowind one did, I will be very sad if I can’t play it during the day (especially after taking off work).

We're working on a solution for this, in the event you don't receive the Physical CE in time for launch.

Hey Gina, is there any word on this?

From what I can hear, several of the CE's have even yet to be sent out.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is some really pent up tension in this thread.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Hey Gina, is there any word on this?

From what I can hear, several of the CE's have even yet to be sent out.

Sames, still no shipping confirmation from Amazon (even with Prime) and its supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Though I am close enough to a distribution hub that I could get same day delivery, I'm just not confident.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

(snipped)

PC has the larger playerbase, i dont know how you could even fool yourself about that. When the game first came out, i was playing on a i5-2320, 8gbs of ddr3 ram, and a GTX 555. You didnt need anything special to run this game.

Where did you get your information that PC has the largest population? Considering ZOS has made no statements about the actual active population size of the game or its platforms. Id have to say youre just making this up.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Itsmichi wrote: »
    And old and very wise man once told me "Never play on patch day, boy!" I think you should go with that.

I mean take a vacation and go out have a couple of beers and enjoy the weather ^^

What if someone is not a "boy"? :D
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sparky617 wrote: »
    be thankful that us PC players had the strength and courage to work out all the bugs for you. Now you can eat your Cheetos and drink Mountain Dew knowing that all the walkthroughs are already on Youtube for you to watch. >:)

Hmm..that is a good point. PC users get access to the content two weeks early, but the console players do benefit from that. Bugs will be fixed and walkthroughs will be posted, and exploits will be fixed as well leaving console players reduced chance of getting banned.

@Avalon, can that be considered the compensation to console users?
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

(snipped)

Where did you get your information that PC has the largest population? Considering ZOS has made no statements about the actual active population size of the game or its platforms. Id have to say youre just making this up.

The same place the @Avalon got their information from, no where.
  • cheops
    cheops
    ✭✭✭
    I’m expecting a number of my addons to be be broken so I’m kinda wishing I hadn’t pre-ordered now. Also - for steam users will it be a steam installation or patch via the launcher?
  • DobbaDeuce
    DobbaDeuce
    ✭✭✭
    Sames, still no shipping confirmation from Amazon (even with Prime) and its supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Though I am close enough to a distribution hub that I could get same day delivery, I'm just not confident.
    summerset.png

Fingers crossed :neutral:
    Tamriel-616 - A Chronicle of Tamriel's Heroes
    Jollo | Daggerfall | Templar | Lvl 47 | Blackwater Blade
    Vidarr
    | Ebonheart | Sorcerer | Lvl 26 | Chillrend
    J'Pummra
    | Aldmeri | Dragonknight | Lvl 13 | Thornblade
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    be thankful that us PC players had the strength and courage to work out all the bugs for you. Now you can eat your Cheetos and drink Mountain Dew knowing that all the walkthroughs are already on Youtube for you to watch. >:)

Hmm..that is a good point. PC users get access to the content two weeks early, but the console players do benefit from that. Bugs will be fixed and walkthroughs will be posted, and exploits will be fixed as well leaving console players reduced chance of getting banned.

I'm guessing you missed my post about that... No, that isn't compensation, why? Because you guys DON'T work out the bugs for us. Because the programming is so different for every platform, what ends up happening is you guys get 2 weeks headstart, find bugs, they work on them, fix them. Then, we get a different version of the expansion (the programming being sufficiently different), which means our launch is JUST as bug-riddled as yours is, and we have to deal with those bugs, report them on here, and wait for them to get fixed, etc.

Sure, SOME of the bugs are across all platforms (like when NPCs say the wrong thing), but we get our own unique and fun problems that you guys never even see. So, how is that compensation, that you guys get 2 weeks extra time to get through your own bugs, while we still have to deal with ours, but 2 weeks later? O.o
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm guessing you missed my post about that... No, that isn't compensation, why? Because you guys DON'T work out the bugs for us. Because the programming is so different for every platform, what ends up happening is you guys get 2 weeks headstart, find bugs, they work on them, fix them. Then, we get a different version of the expansion (the programming being sufficiently different), which means our launch is JUST as bug-riddled as yours is, and we have to deal with those bugs, report them on here, and wait for them to get fixed, etc.

Sure, SOME of the bugs are across all platforms (like when NPCs say the wrong thing), but we get our own unique and fun problems that you guys never even see. So, how is that compensation, that you guys get 2 weeks extra time to get through your own bugs, while we still have to deal with ours, but 2 weeks later? O.o

What about the walkthroughs then? The builds, guides, and walkthroughs will all be ready for you on release day, whereas for PC users, things will be a work in progress for a couple of weeks.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about the walkthroughs then? The builds, guides, and walkthroughs will all be ready for you on release day, whereas for PC users, things will be a work in progress for a couple of weeks.

Those are PART of the problem... a new expansion for us is 'old' by the time we get it. How exciting is it to adventure through lands already explored, fight monsters already beaten, get loot that is well-documented? You guys getting it 2 weeks early diminishes the worth of the expansion, not by a huge amount, but by a noticeable amount, especially for anyone who is looking for that excitement of adventuring in a new and unexplored land.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Those are PART of the problem... a new expansion for us is 'old' by the time we get it. How exciting is it to adventure through lands already explored, fight monsters already beaten, get loot that is well-documented? You guys getting it 2 weeks early diminishes the worth of the expansion, not by a huge amount, but by a noticeable amount, especially for anyone who is looking for that excitement of adventuring in a new and unexplored land.

I hope this isn't getting off topic, but why is there a PC early release anyway? Why not just delay the PC release to line up with the console release?
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope this isn't getting off topic, but why is there a PC early release anyway? Why not just delay the PC release to line up with the console release?

No idea... what gets odd for me, is that they can drop maintenance and fixes immediately for console (without going through a 2 week vetting process), yet they have to deal with it for the expansion?

Why not send the console versions to the companies 2 weeks earlier for vetting, and then, when it releases at same time as the PC release, send a hotfix with the updated stuff for the expansion (since that can be done without needing the vetting process)... right?
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭

You can use an Xbox 360 / Xbox One or PS4 Controller with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.