Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Summerset Release Time

• sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Maintenance on Monday will begin at 4am EDT, and we hope to have everything wrapped up later that morning. We'll keep you all updated as we can. :)

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Thanks Gina! I can't wait! :smile:
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soooooo....this is an early natch potes thread,right? :p
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything will be fine with update at 21th. For NA players...
    EU? Who said EU?
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    first rule of patch day is dont plan on playing on patch day could be morning could be afternoon

first rule of patch day is don't talk about patch day
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm ready for summerset

- Taking a month off work
    - Cancelling all freelance projects
    - Hired my own personal doordash driver for food deliveries

:)

Edited by vamp_emily on May 17, 2018 4:21PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll probably miss a half day due to the patch and maintenance, so I wouldn't take a day off until the next day, the 22nd.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance on Monday will begin at 4am EDT, and we hope to have everything wrapped up later that morning. We'll keep you all updated as we can. :)

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Yeah but can the people that ordered the physical edition get into Summerset on Monday before the mail gets delivered?

No, but it'll take a while for the thing to patch so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sobelding wrote: »
    Do we know yet what time Summerset will be released on Monday 5/21 or when the maintenance starts? I'm considering taking a vacation day for it but don't want to waste it if we won't get it until the afternoon. Does anyone remember what time Morrowind was available on its release day?

Ah i see, you're more or less new player, impatien and maybe a bit of a dreamer. That's ok. But i have bad news for you.

Take it from the veteran from -14. Don't get your hopes up of spending nice evening playing ESO after major patch.

NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    How big is the Summerset download. And when will it be available.
    Edited by dbgager on May 17, 2018 5:00PM
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Yeah but can the people that ordered the physical edition get into Summerset on Monday before the mail gets delivered?

How would you do that without installing your physical copy ?

• xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Avalon wrote: »
    Yet again, PC gets extra weeks of headstart, while Console gets the shaft. Love how pretty much every other game manages to give the same stuff to both PC and Console on the same schedule... unless you consider games like Neverwinter... but, really, do they honestly want to be compared equally with those guys?? The excuse last year was the vetting process on Xbox causes the delay... ok, well, they had a year to plan for that obstacle, and yet, here we are again! They still do not care a bit, and on top of it, they have the twitch crates for PC only... so many benefits for playing on PC, would be nice to be able to play there, but, I can't because of my hands - need a controller for playing. So... when will they discover that Console deserves as much reward as PC does?

Thats not console getting shafted thats console getting the game a year and a half after PC, it mean't that development needed a shift and so because PC content is always a few months or weeks even in front of console in terms of content development the console team will be a bit further behind. Just how it is.

Also the vetting process is very much a thing, some content gets delayed by months or even weeks with other games including games like overwatch due too that very same process.

As for the twitch crates non of us like it one bit so honestly complaining about that is somewhat silly.

You can use a controller on PC xbox controllers and others are fully compatible.

Btw, no, wrong on the why. They have stated that the only reason PC gets the headstart of a couple of weeks is because Microsoft has the game review/vetting process. This tells me that they plan poorly, because they are a big major company, they should know this happens, and allow for it, whether that is hold the game back until it is ready on all platforms and THEN give a headstart (which if they did so, we would never notice, because it is all done behind the scenes), or give PC the headstart then give Console something else to make up for that, or charge Console less since we GET less.

There are several ways to handle this with class and style, to show players that they actually DO care about their business, they continue to choose otherwise (check out the Twitch crates - only on PC; benefits for purchasing expansions on Legends - only on PC, etc). The last time I played on PC I was told they had no plans to implement controller support, so I moved to Xbox and have everything built up there (including social network). I'd love to play on PC if I could actually have all that I have worked hard for (and spent a lot of money for) moved back over now that they have controller support that they said would not be happening (so, yet again, not my fault, and I am STILL a paying customer).

But, I have quit Legends because of the stupid BS around their very obvious love for their PC playerbase. Btw, I probably would not ever even make a purchase on Twitch (to get the crates), but I still lobby against that crap, because it isn't right. They claim only for PC "At this time", but every time they say "at this time"? It results in "Never" for console. That's almost blatantly misleading, because the usage and statement of "at this time" implies it WILL become available for the others. And misleading in business talk is called "false advertising" after it is done enough to have a history...

I just want all platforms treated fairly and equally. They all pay the same, they should all receive equal worth for that money. Once again, check what THEY have told us, before claiming it is because of something else... they contradict what you are claiming.

I commented as knowing what the general practice in the industry is and I assumed it was the same here nothing more the same happens in reverse with games that were on console first. No need to get all high and mighty about it.

Oh and just so you know, ZOSs "word" unfortunately isn't good enough as a "they said this" argument as there have been plenty of times where they've said one thing and something else was actually going on or said one thing and done another. At least not on this forum.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on May 17, 2018 5:14PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

`They did it last year with Morrowind by having us file out a support form and showing our receipt with our preorder noted on it. They then flagged our account to allow us on during the early access time.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I'm ready for summerset

- Taking a month off work
    - Cancelling all freelance projects
    - Hired my own personal doordash driver for food deliveries

:)

You...are....my....hero....

No such luck for me, will be working
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

lol translation;

"Prepare for server down times of around 20 hours. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I am joking of course though I do hope it goes as smoothly you're hoping.

Everytime on EU when its a large patch its been somewhat of a nightmare; 4 hours of downtime often turned into 15 lol
    Edited by xeNNNNN on May 17, 2018 5:17PM
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

`They did it last year with Morrowind by having us file out a support form and showing our receipt with our preorder noted on it. They then flagged our account to allow us on during the early access time.

I have asked about this in various threads and even sent a ticket - but still not had a definitive response - so not sure if this is possible this year :/
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

+1 to this question. Hoping it’ll be like Morrowind where we send proof of preorder to get access, ‘cause if mine arrives unusually late in the evening like my Morrowind one did, I will be very sad if I can’t play it during the day (especially after taking off work).
    UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
    UESP forum/blog/Discord admin, wiki patroller, NA/PC Guild Advisor
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Alarra wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

+1 to this question. Hoping it’ll be like Morrowind where we send proof of preorder to get access, ‘cause if mine arrives unusually late in the evening like my Morrowind one did, I will be very sad if I can’t play it during the day (especially after taking off work).

We're working on a solution for this, in the event you don't receive the Physical CE in time for launch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

We're working on a solution for this, in the event you don't receive the Physical CE in time for launch.

that is fantastic! because chances are, even with prime delivery, it will take me a few days to get my hands on the actual box, cause half the time USPS refuses to deliver down our street (we have dirt road)
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought its suppose to come out june 5th?
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought its suppose to come out june 5th?

21st of may for preorders on PC.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

that is fantastic! because chances are, even with prime delivery, it will take me a few days to get my hands on the actual box, cause half the time USPS refuses to deliver down our street (we have dirt road)

Jeesh, and I thought I had it bad (Live in middle of nowhere Canada, so nothing is available "overnight" or stuff like that)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So for EU player the patch should be up late afternoon, I am guessing? Or even evening time maybe?
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Jeesh, and I thought I had it bad (Live in middle of nowhere Canada, so nothing is available "overnight" or stuff like that)

oh its not so bad, UPS and Fedex still deliver with no issues. its just USPS that is special. post office is near by anyways, but even if I just ask them to hold it, wouldn't be able to make it there until Wednesday, so... yeah... I wish you could specify for amazon which delivery service you would prefer :/
    Edited by Linaleah on May 17, 2018 11:01PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So for EU player the patch should be up late afternoon, I am guessing? Or even evening time maybe?

At time of writing it is coming up to 00:00 UK and 19:00 EDT. That's the UK 5 hours ahead of EDT just now and I konw Germany for example is UK time +1 hour (family in Paderborn). So;

EDT 04:00 will be 09:00 UK and EU times will vary accordingly. If both servers are handled together, we could see EU access late morning or early afternoon in the EU. I'm also guessing that this will probably not be true and do not expect to get into EU server until late afternoon to mid evening at best (from EU).

Of course, much of the issue relies not only on server availability. We all will need to download Summerset. If we could download a day or so before Summerset goes live this would, possibly, be helpful. I guess, again, that launch day downloads for many will be more like launch week downloads (I jest not) especially for those in the EU or using EU server. With recent history in mind, Zos need to get Summerset launch to work flawlessly or as near to for EU customers. I do not like to being negative but that recent history between Zos and EU users has set a bad precedent.

"If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Don't take off work on patch day.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At time of writing it is coming up to 00:00 UK and 19:00 EDT. That's the UK 5 hours ahead of EDT just now and I konw Germany for example is UK time +1 hour (family in Paderborn). So;

EDT 04:00 will be 09:00 UK and EU times will vary accordingly. If both servers are handled together, we could see EU access late morning or early afternoon in the EU. I'm also guessing that this will probably not be true and do not expect to get into EU server until late afternoon to mid evening at best (from EU).

Of course, much of the issue relies not only on server availability. We all will need to download Summerset. If we could download a day or so before Summerset goes live this would, possibly, be helpful. I guess, again, that launch day downloads for many will be more like launch week downloads (I jest not) especially for those in the EU or using EU server. With recent history in mind, Zos need to get Summerset launch to work flawlessly or as near to for EU customers. I do not like to being negative but that recent history between Zos and EU users has set a bad precedent.

That was... not my question ...
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Hey I once broke down in the middle of nowhere Canada...till this day I have nightmares about the big creepy ravens. :-P
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't get this Don't miss the opening.. Being Aussie i'll guaranteed miss the opening.. Its still there the next day and the next day right?
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭

That was... not my question ...

Actually it was. And I answered it fully. Maybe i went in to too much detail for you but I did answer the question. The EDT thing is particularly pertinent in relation to what Gina wrote earlier and the difference between EDT and EU time zones. The download part, although not strictly needed is there to point out what should be bleedin' obvious and the Zos / EU history thing is fair warning to those that may not have been involved but could be affected if history does that repetition thing.

I gave my estimates on when Summerset may be available server side (as you kind of asked) or playable (as is realistic) based on past experience, knowledge of time zones and other factors

You are welcome!

Edited for space!

Edited by Night_Watch on May 18, 2018 1:07AM
    "If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaWeeb wrote: »
    I wouldn't take the day off. The game is often down for the day, or has problems for a couple and you'll have wasted that time

true story.

i'm gonna cut the grass, do a few chores, and then see if the servers are up and running. :)