Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Summerset Release Time

sozo108
sozo108
✭✭✭
Do we know yet what time Summerset will be released on Monday 5/21 or when the maintenance starts? I'm considering taking a vacation day for it but don't want to waste it if we won't get it until the afternoon. Does anyone remember what time Morrowind was available on its release day?
  • Towerdragon
    Towerdragon
    ✭✭✭
    first rule of patch day is dont plan on playing on patch day could be morning could be afternoon
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't take the day off. The game is often down for the day, or has problems for a couple and you'll have wasted that time
    PC EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEVER take off on release day.

Maybe 1-2 days after but on server games NEVER take release day off
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the disastrous Dragonbones Release, I'm just planning on not playing at all on Day One, honestly. That way I can't be disappointed by the inevitable yet unexpected maintenance.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be a mamouth download for Summerset, followed by the log in screen being on a loop. Follow the other's advice and stay at work!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a holiday here anyway, but I have other games to keep me entertained during maintenance.
    The Moot Councillor
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe take off the 22nd instead. If the launch goes smooth you could just play through the nite. But probably it won't :wink:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, the 22nd it is :)
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And all your add-ons won't work for a few days....
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats like washing your car and hoping it does not rain.

Dont take the day off your just goijng to jinks us all. Haha
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Book the day off on the 29th, hopefully you'll have downloaded the update, they will have fixed the most sewrver breaking bugs, most add-ons will have been patched & you'll have free rein to enjoy the marble isle!
    Edited by Gythral on May 16, 2018 9:37PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made sure to have a day off on june 5th(ps4)
    My day shouldn't be wasted
    The store only open a 10 am for my pickup and ill be back by 10h30 by then the maintenance should be already on work for about 3-4 hours at least

At least it worked great with morrowind
    Worst case senario i'll just play something else
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    Take the day off; you'll be fine!
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't plan on playing for the first week and take screenshots of your bank / inventory. :D

Edited by Troneon on May 16, 2018 11:20PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet again, PC gets extra weeks of headstart, while Console gets the shaft. Love how pretty much every other game manages to give the same stuff to both PC and Console on the same schedule... unless you consider games like Neverwinter... but, really, do they honestly want to be compared equally with those guys?? The excuse last year was the vetting process on Xbox causes the delay... ok, well, they had a year to plan for that obstacle, and yet, here we are again! They still do not care a bit, and on top of it, they have the twitch crates for PC only... so many benefits for playing on PC, would be nice to be able to play there, but, I can't because of my hands - need a controller for playing. So... when will they discover that Console deserves as much reward as PC does?
  • shootatme80
    shootatme80
    ✭✭✭
    I have a week off set to begin the week after release. I'm hoping a couple of days is enough to get things in order. I think it'll depend more on your download speed than anything for release day. Maybe mid afternoon with early maintenance and good speed.
    Xbone/NA
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts are on the fact that im PC EU so will ours patch on the same day as NA or will we have too wait till Tuesday? urgh
    Edited by xeNNNNN on May 17, 2018 12:59AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    Yet again, PC gets extra weeks of headstart, while Console gets the shaft. Love how pretty much every other game manages to give the same stuff to both PC and Console on the same schedule... unless you consider games like Neverwinter... but, really, do they honestly want to be compared equally with those guys?? The excuse last year was the vetting process on Xbox causes the delay... ok, well, they had a year to plan for that obstacle, and yet, here we are again! They still do not care a bit, and on top of it, they have the twitch crates for PC only... so many benefits for playing on PC, would be nice to be able to play there, but, I can't because of my hands - need a controller for playing. So... when will they discover that Console deserves as much reward as PC does?

Thats not console getting shafted thats console getting the game a year and a half after PC, it mean't that development needed a shift and so because PC content is always a few months or weeks even in front of console in terms of content development the console team will be a bit further behind. Just how it is.

Also the vetting process is very much a thing, some content gets delayed by months or even weeks with other games including games like overwatch due too that very same process.

As for the twitch crates non of us like it one bit so honestly complaining about that is somewhat silly.

You can use a controller on PC xbox controllers and others are fully compatible.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on May 17, 2018 1:03AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Stuff" tends to happen on patch day, I wouldn't bank on entering until the following day.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have told myself.....

Self...
    Yeah Bro?
    It would probably be a good idea to like not try to log in until the 22nd....just save yourself the frustration dude.
    Righteous man I can dig that
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

Thats not console getting shafted thats console getting the game a year and a half after PC, it mean't that development needed a shift and so because PC content is always a few months or weeks even in front of console in terms of content development the console team will be a bit further behind. Just how it is.

Also the vetting process is very much a thing, some content gets delayed by months or even weeks with other games including games like overwatch due too that very same process.

As for the twitch crates non of us like it one bit so honestly complaining about that is somewhat silly.

You can use a controller on PC xbox controllers and others are fully compatible.

Btw, no, wrong on the why. They have stated that the only reason PC gets the headstart of a couple of weeks is because Microsoft has the game review/vetting process. This tells me that they plan poorly, because they are a big major company, they should know this happens, and allow for it, whether that is hold the game back until it is ready on all platforms and THEN give a headstart (which if they did so, we would never notice, because it is all done behind the scenes), or give PC the headstart then give Console something else to make up for that, or charge Console less since we GET less.

There are several ways to handle this with class and style, to show players that they actually DO care about their business, they continue to choose otherwise (check out the Twitch crates - only on PC; benefits for purchasing expansions on Legends - only on PC, etc). The last time I played on PC I was told they had no plans to implement controller support, so I moved to Xbox and have everything built up there (including social network). I'd love to play on PC if I could actually have all that I have worked hard for (and spent a lot of money for) moved back over now that they have controller support that they said would not be happening (so, yet again, not my fault, and I am STILL a paying customer).

But, I have quit Legends because of the stupid BS around their very obvious love for their PC playerbase. Btw, I probably would not ever even make a purchase on Twitch (to get the crates), but I still lobby against that crap, because it isn't right. They claim only for PC "At this time", but every time they say "at this time"? It results in "Never" for console. That's almost blatantly misleading, because the usage and statement of "at this time" implies it WILL become available for the others. And misleading in business talk is called "false advertising" after it is done enough to have a history...

I just want all platforms treated fairly and equally. They all pay the same, they should all receive equal worth for that money. Once again, check what THEY have told us, before claiming it is because of something else... they contradict what you are claiming.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is to be believed that Xbox is holding back PS4 then ....if that’s true....how is it Xbox’s fault if ZOS has gone through the very process at least 50 times now?

At some point let’s place the blame where it belongs. On th developer who seemingly is waiting to the last minute and then, releases bugged updates still.

Heck they did maintenance today and the server went down and had been down for hours.

Guess that’s also xbox’s Fault too?

None of this is directed at you....I’m directing it to ZOS but using your comment in my quote. Hope that is o k
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 17, 2018 2:03AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My day off happens to fall on that day....was hoping to work that day and have next day off...oh well forum time it will be...while we wait, then play for a few minutes until that first group of exploiters, that have been sitting on a secret exploit learned in Beta, get caught, and they have to take the server down to fix it...and then ban folks.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is to be believed that Xbox is holding back PS4 then ....if that’s true....how is it Xbox’s fault if ZOS has gone through the very process at least 50 times now?

At some point let’s place the blame where it belongs. On th developer who seemingly is waiting to the last minute and then, releases bugged updates still.

Heck they did maintenance today and the server went down and had been down for hours.

Guess that’s also xbox’s Fault too?

None of this is directed at you....I’m directing it to ZOS but using your comment in my quote. Hope that is o k

Perfectly fine! There are two reasons to quote people: disagreement and agreement. Yours is the latter. It's been THREE years the game has been out on Xbox, and like I said, there are way too many other games (MMOs included) that manage to time the console updates simultaneously with the PC updates. If it is indeed an issue of having to shift developers from the PC to the Xbox every time there is an update, then I blame corporate greed. They make LOADS of money off of us, and have managed to monetize just about every possible way they can without driving players away (and yet STILL manage to find new ways to get more money out of our pockets - *cough* TWITCH! lol)... so, they should definitely have a steady crew of Console specific developers (which I am almost certain they DO), so, I do not think it is anything to do with the lagging of Console release behind PC release.

Which leaves what they have told us, that it is because there is a 2 week vetting process, and as soon as the game is ready, they ship it to Console to be vetted for release. The problem here, is that we KNOW they release buggy stuff every time, and we are OK with that. We are ALSO used to (on console) DAY ONE PATCHES of every game under the Sun. Given that they know there will be a 2 week vetting process, and what I have stated just now, there is NO reason to hold the Xbox release back 2 weeks. They could send the Console stuff in 2 weeks early, have it vetted, then send us an update as soon as possible after the release (which, amazingly does NOT take 2 weeks to roll out... anytime the Xbox version needs patched, they can do it immediately somehow)

So, no, there's not really any credible excuse. They know the way it works from 3 years of dealing with it, and they CAN get around it. They choose not to.
  • SkoomaBandit
    I've been playing this game since Private Test Server/early access days. So I've seen all the issues that have come down on patch days. My mini vacation is set for May 25, 26, 27, and 28. That gives them most of the week to iron out any major issues.

When May 25 hits, I'll be playing 12 hours a day or more.

Back to the original question, Patch maintenance usually starts in the early morning hours of scheduled release day (US time zones)
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sobelding wrote: »
    Do we know yet what time Summerset will be released on Monday 5/21 or when the maintenance starts? I'm considering taking a vacation day for it but don't want to waste it if we won't get it until the afternoon. Does anyone remember what time Morrowind was available on its release day?

I wouldn't cause you never know what happens on "patch day". Save that vacation day for a day where you can play all day.

• aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take the tuesday off instead. You'll probably be able to play all day then. At best it will be 'a few hours' into your day, at worst, significantly longer.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can play with a controller in pc. With an Xbox controller or playstation.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Maintenance on Monday will begin at 4am EDT, and we hope to have everything wrapped up later that morning. We'll keep you all updated as we can. :)

much-wow-very-excite.jpg
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maintenance on Monday will begin at 4am EDT, and we hope to have everything wrapped up later that morning. We'll keep you all updated as we can. :)

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Yeah but can the people that ordered the physical edition get into Summerset on Monday before the mail gets delivered?