Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Summerset Release Time

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we push the Maintenance to Sunday instead?
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    There will be a mamouth download for Summerset, followed by the log in screen being on a loop. Follow the other's advice and stay at work!

I thought the Mammoths are to be found in Windhelm ( & Wrothgar), no?
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Aimora wrote: »
    A
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    Maintenance on Monday will begin at 4am EDT, and we hope to have everything wrapped up later that morning. We'll keep you all updated as we can. :)

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Yeah but can the people that ordered the physical edition get into Summerset on Monday before the mail gets delivered?

How would you do that without installing your physical copy ?

`They did it last year with Morrowind by having us file out a support form and showing our receipt with our preorder noted on it. They then flagged our account to allow us on during the early access time.

I have asked about this in various threads and even sent a ticket - but still not had a definitive response - so not sure if this is possible this year :/

I sent in a couple of tickets into support to check and double check this as I am in New Zealand so it was not going to be possible to get physical collectors edition by release date(the local retailer said they wouldnt even have them in the country till June and of course if I buy off Amazon it would take at least a week to get to me). I was told both times that there would be no way for me to get access to summerset until I got my copy of the physical collectors edition.
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance on Monday will begin at 4am EDT, and we hope to have everything wrapped up later that morning. We'll keep you all updated as we can. :)

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Open a patreon account for coffee and donuts. People will pay to help you guys wake up.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alarra wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Yeah but can the people that ordered the physical edition get into Summerset on Monday before the mail gets delivered?

+1 to this question. Hoping it’ll be like Morrowind where we send proof of preorder to get access, ‘cause if mine arrives unusually late in the evening like my Morrowind one did, I will be very sad if I can’t play it during the day (especially after taking off work).

We're working on a solution for this, in the event you don't receive the Physical CE in time for launch.

Hey, any chance of you guys doing at least 'something' special for the Console players who bought the expansion, to help make up for the fact that we continually get the bad end of the stick, with PC getting advanced headstart, and all? Just, something to help balance things out?
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you chose a Fiat Uno by your own free will and now you are crying that a Ferrari is more comfortable and faster and want some benefits to balance out the difference?
    >:)
    ...nice ^^
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

+1 to this question. Hoping it’ll be like Morrowind where we send proof of preorder to get access, ‘cause if mine arrives unusually late in the evening like my Morrowind one did, I will be very sad if I can’t play it during the day (especially after taking off work).

We're working on a solution for this, in the event you don't receive the Physical CE in time for launch.

Hey, any chance of you guys doing at least 'something' special for the Console players who bought the expansion, to help make up for the fact that we continually get the bad end of the stick, with PC getting advanced headstart, and all? Just, something to help balance things out?

You get us to bug-test it for you :smiley: Though, really - it would be cool if they gave console players something nice for preordering.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Sondernaam
    Sondernaam
    ✭✭✭
    I am taking the day off - sick leave "cough cough", not feeling well on the 21st "cough cough"..
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sondernaam wrote: »
    I am taking the day off - sick leave "cough cough", not feeling well on the 21st "cough cough"..

To quote most other people in the thread: Dooooon't! Seriously, if you need to take a day off to play the game, take off Wednesday. Maintenance will run late monday, then some bugs will be found and they'll take the servers down for a few on tuesday.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Firemantim
    Firemantim
    ✭✭

Console players don't have to worry about the big gamebreaking bugs, PC gets to test everything for you guys.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am retired, all my days are days off.

But feel free to stay away that day it will be buggy as all hell and I want to see an empty Tamriel.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

lol translation;

"Prepare for server down times of around 20 hours. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I am joking of course though I do hope it goes as smoothly you're hoping.

Everytime on EU when its a large patch its been somewhat of a nightmare; 4 hours of downtime often turned into 15 lol

Morrowind launch was super smooth.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Probably not.

EDIT: Which, I mean, in the grand scheme of things, that's cool. My sympathies to anyone who specifically took time off work for launch day, but I was kinda prepared for the idea that I wouldn't actually be getting into Summerset on live until the 5th. Anything before that is gravy. Though, I'm certainly sympathetic to the players who were expecting it at the first possible moment.
    Edited by starkerealm on May 18, 2018 5:13PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Just a quick note @ZOS_GinaBruno - for Canadians it's not really a matter of it being "in the event" that we won't receive the Physical CE in time for PC launch. It was always guaranteed that we wouldn't get it in time for launch because of the Monday being a stat holiday. Even if you live in a city where Amazon does same day delivery (like I do), you're not getting the Physical CE in time for PC launch.

To be honest the sales team has done an absolutely terrible job of considering Canadian customers for the Summerset expansion. They didn't coordinate with Amazon.ca or EB Games (the only 2 places Canadians could order the physical CE through) at all for pre-orders, so we couldn't do our pre-orders when the rest of the world did. They didn't even seem to know that they hadn't coordinated with them and that the pre-orders weren't possible so we were left in the dark about whether there would even be any Physical CEs still available by the time we finally had the option to pre-order.

And then no consideration was given to the fact that we couldn't possibly get our Physical CEs in time for launch. Frankly it's kind of late to be "working on a solution" for this when the sale team could have just looked at a calendar (or communicated with Amazon) months ago to know that this was going to be an issue and have a solution already in place.

Sorry for ranting, and it's not directed at you personally, but the ZOS sales team has really dropped the ball on this. You'd think they'd want to make sure that the customers paying the most were treated as well as the customers paying the least.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sobelding wrote: »
    I'm considering taking a vacation day for it but don't want to waste it if we won't get it until the afternoon.

If past history tells me anything, big launches means lots of crashes, and much lag. Either Zenimax hasn't done their job properly and or too many people logging in at once causing issues.

I say don't waste a holiday and taking a day off for it. It will mostly be wasted. And then add in your frustration of having wasting a holiday. If anything take the holiday a week or two after wards this way the bugs will hopefully been fixed.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭

Awesome, thanks!
    UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
    UESP forum/blog/Discord admin, wiki patroller, NA/PC Guild Advisor
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Just a quick note @ZOS_GinaBruno - for Canadians it's not really a matter of it being "in the event" that we won't receive the Physical CE in time for PC launch. It was always guaranteed that we wouldn't get it in time for launch because of the Monday being a stat holiday. Even if you live in a city where Amazon does same day delivery (like I do), you're not getting the Physical CE in time for PC launch.

To be honest the sales team has done an absolutely terrible job of considering Canadian customers for the Summerset expansion. They didn't coordinate with Amazon.ca or EB Games (the only 2 places Canadians could order the physical CE through) at all for pre-orders, so we couldn't do our pre-orders when the rest of the world did. They didn't even seem to know that they hadn't coordinated with them and that the pre-orders weren't possible so we were left in the dark about whether there would even be any Physical CEs still available by the time we finally had the option to pre-order.

And then no consideration was given to the fact that we couldn't possibly get our Physical CEs in time for launch. Frankly it's kind of late to be "working on a solution" for this when the sale team could have just looked at a calendar (or communicated with Amazon) months ago to know that this was going to be an issue and have a solution already in place.

Sorry for ranting, and it's not directed at you personally, but the ZOS sales team has really dropped the ball on this. You'd think they'd want to make sure that the customers paying the most were treated as well as the customers paying the least.

Exactly!! Frankly, I think for future releases, where there is an early access, Physical Collector's Editions need to be made available for the customer to receive either through the mail or through the store they purchased, at least 1 week PRIOR to the dated release of the game to ensure customers like you and me don't have to wait a long time. As it is, my Amazon preorder is stating I'm not going to even receive it until some time between May 28th and June 1st. How is that fair considering the price I paid.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Exactly!! Frankly, I think for future releases, where there is an early access, Physical Collector's Editions need to be made available for the customer to receive either through the mail or through the store they purchased, at least 1 week PRIOR to the dated release of the game to ensure customers like you and me don't have to wait a long time. As it is, my Amazon preorder is stating I'm not going to even receive it until some time between May 28th and June 1st. How is that fair considering the price I paid.

Given the circumstances, tying access to preorder keys that Amazon ships out in advance, sort of like how early access was handled for the original launch, may be the way to go.
  • SAbor_Duskhunter
    Any news on that 'working on something' @ZOS_GinaBruno? I am also awaiting my Physical collectors edition delivery (really wanted Raz's journal and another statue for my collection) but am also on holiday next week so would very much like to be able to play Summerset. Look forward to an answer to this ^.^
    The Reapers Guild are recruiting! We run regular events from Motif Gathering to casual PvP, even achievement earning events. We have a website www.reaperseso.co.uk and a Discord Server we require you to join us on and a Guild Hall and Crafting Hall with all Craft able sets and Transmute Stations. Say Hi if you are interested.
  • david_sgt83b14_ESO
    Aesthier wrote: »
    I am retired, all my days are days off.
    Same for me.
    PC/NA
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If history is any indicator of future events:

It will be on for about 2 hours in the morning, someone will find a major exploit, it will then be off most of the afternoon due to an emergency patch, and will come back around dinner time.

• DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We're working on it" said on the Friday before a weekend and holiday. Dont hold your breath. If a solution isn't in place already. Its not going to BE ready by the 22th.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I pre ordered the physical Collector's Edition via Amazon Prime. My account is showing the package arriving Monday. Pretty excited.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If history is any indicator of future events:

It will be on for about 2 hours in the morning, someone will find a major exploit, it will then be off most of the afternoon due to an emergency patch, and will come back around dinner time.

And that's just Day One.
  • Gronk
    Gronk
    ✭✭✭
    There will be a mamouth download for Summerset, followed by the log in screen being on a loop. Follow the other's advice and stay at work!

we get Mammoth? When? Gronk Like
    Old Guard since Jan 2014
    "Read more, Post less."
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firemantim wrote: »

Console players don't have to worry about the big gamebreaking bugs, PC gets to test everything for you guys.

Given that the programming is different enough on the different platforms, the bugs you guys see likely wouldn't show up on the Consoles, anyway. Plus, we get our own fun and unique game breaking bugs when it releases on Console that you guys don't ever see... so, don't pretend like you guys are actually testing stuff for us, so that we get a smooth launch of anything, ever. So, yeah, we pay X, you pay X, you guys get 2 weeks of extra headstart, we don't. By the time we get anything, there are already tons of guides on how to do every bit of 'new' expansions. It's like buying a used game, or watching a new movie after getting tons of spoilers, because no matter how hard you try, it IS an MMO, which means we group up to do stuff, or we have friends we talk to who are doing things... no matter how hard we try to NOT use the guides/spoilers, we end up 'using' them indirectly because others use them.

The fact that you guys get expansions 2 weeks early means our 'new' expansion is everything BUT new, it's used, it's old before we even play it, most of the excitement of wandering through a new place is gone, because, "Dude! If you do this move, then that one, etc, this boss isn't so hard" "Oh, yeah, so-and-so's guide video talks about that..." =/ There's nothing new or exciting anymore. I know 'some' stuff is already ruined before even you guys get to it, but not everything is.

And then, 'world firsts' (which I am very far from, but Console has a lot of elite players, too!), where first to do a trial, or the top-content, is a big thing for them... but, no one remembers or cares about 'platform firsts' really, because the world first wrote the guide, got the credit, and now, anyone (even on another platform) is seen as only being able to do whatever it is because they followed the guide. Sure, there is a little bit of pride to be had, but nothing like being the world first, and by setting us back 2 weeks? Makes it impossible for anyone NOT on PC to get it.

So, yeah, it's only fair that Console get 'something' even if it's just a stupid non-combat pet, or something... just anything, really... because, it isn't right that you have 2 customers, and give one more for the exact same price.
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay mine has been shipped - should arrive Monday :)
    Edited by Aimora on May 19, 2018 5:00PM
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    Gronk wrote: »

we get Mammoth? When? Gronk Like

But how will they get such a huge furry beastie down the copper or fibre lines? Send us a 3d printer file to print our own mammoth? A model is just not the same as the real beastie!

For those thinking of taking a day off or pulling a 'sicky' I have one word - DON'T! Followed by a few others - it's really not a good idea to put off work, education or family matters for a game release of any kind read through this thread for some of the reasons.

Anywho! Setting a bad example; I may well sit up all launch day from early doors to last orders hitting the launcher time and again and trying to get into the download queue. [Or not!]

"If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • IronMP5
    IronMP5
    Soul Shriven

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Sorry to be a bother but, is there an update to the status of the solution you guys are working on?
    Edited by IronMP5 on May 20, 2018 12:07AM
    "Where am I...?"
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IronMP5 wrote: »

much-wow-very-excite.jpg

Sorry to be a bother but, is there an update to the status of the solution you guys are working on?

Don't apologize to them. You are not being a bother. You are a customer who paid a lot of money for their most expensive item, and they should be grateful for your business. You have every right to ask them questions, and you are entitled to an answer, and you are also entitled to play Summerset on launch day.