The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jewelry Crafting: Get ready for the worst grind in ESO's history

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tell me about it nearly 200 max tier JC writs and only 1 swift ring + 2/10 legendary mats to show for it come on ZoS I mean really this is like korean grind bs
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    The basic craft is easy enough to level - but the upgrade path is ridiculous to the point of being broken.

Getting upgrade gold mats from dust requires finding nodes. Good luck with that because they are being cherry picked. So whatever the nodes spawn might be on paper, it's a couple per zone in practice.

The alternative is to do goodness knows how many vet trials.

Yeah, nah.

This needs a rethink.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need to make it so that if you deconstruct from another jewellery peice you get a plate and not a grain.

That would keep players continuing to do content while giving them something they can sell at a reasonable price to to the rest of the players in guild stores.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got to level 32 now, and refined all the platinum I had gathered about 600something, and got 4 chromium grains. Well the sample size is tiny, but still seems like less than one grain per 100raw mats
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    I got to level 32 now, and refined all the platinum I had gathered about 600something, and got 4 chromium grains. Well the sample size is tiny, but still seems like less than one grain per 100raw mats

Wow you have crazy luck then I refined over 15k once and only got 9
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on May 31, 2018 12:44PM
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol.. If it is like that, i'll need to give up my job so i can aquire a gold ring in the next 1 or 2 years.
    Chances are higher that i'll find gold in real life and craft myself a real ring.
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refined ~2.5k grains and got 13 chronium grains. Getting to 80 will take 'a while'...
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Tell me about it nearly 200 max tier JC writs and only 1 swift ring + 2/10 legendary mats to show for it come on ZoS I mean really this is like korean grind bs

This is a disturbing example. I was assuming (likely incorrectly) that max JC writs would award a gold mat at the same rate as max BS, WW and Clothing writs, somewhere around 30%. Your sample size of 200 and a 1% drop rate is very close to my own personal drop rate. I've gotten 2 total gold mats from writs since day one for JC. About 35 - 40 of those have been max tier and one of those 2 gold mats actually came from a tier 1 writ.

If these numbers aren't just horrible RNG and are actually indicative of the drop rate for writs then that basically removes that as an option for gaining gold mats. That leaves just refining and decon of gold jewelry. That's not looking good at all.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The drop rates are sick and so are the node rates!
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭

why crazy? sounds about the same. with my 'luck' it would be 8 for 1,2k refining, so 9 for 1,5k is about the same (not exactly, but I mean it will vary with luck)
    PC-EU @lientier
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lirkin wrote: »
    The drop rates are sick and so are the node rates!

I actually dont think the node rates are bad, except for the psijic portals..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am usually pretty forgiving of the game, but this grind is BS! You should not have to wander over half of Tamriel to find enough nodes to refine to make a couple of pieces of jewelry for a writ that then rewards you with mats for the tier you are not making anymore.

I am treating the portals like a rare treat but the nodes and refining and 10x this to make a that are nuts. I really hope they revisit this. I get it is supposed to be a bit of a deal to do but I got a life on the outside. LOL.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of my current complaints about the nodes is I am in the silver tier and keep finding platinum!
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    you guys know that probably too many people are just farming the jewellery nodes and nobody is picking up rubedite, so it sits there and never respawns as jewellery material
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah - I pick up everything! Doing my part to convert that stuff. LOL.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    mee too but I bet lots of of lots of people dont
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys know that probably too many people are just farming the jewellery nodes and nobody is picking up rubedite, so it sits there and never respawns as jewellery material

I am guilty of doing this. I won't bother dismounting for anything but jewelry nodes. If I'm already dismounted though I'll harvest metal nodes to allow jewelry nodes to possibly spawn in their place for other players.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh quit yer winging the stores are already FLOODED with mats. Just go buy what you want, this game is saturated with mats.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »
    Oh quit yer winging the stores are already FLOODED with mats. Just go buy what you want, this game is saturated with mats.

Players aren't whining that the Platinum or other mats are not available.. They are complaining about the fact that it requires 10 times UPGRADE materials to improve the gold jewellery, which are an insane grind.

I have farmed enough to make 1 Chromium plate and from it I have over 3000 platinum ounce and a whole bunch of other mats. Even the purple grains are hard to come by. I've only been able to make 4 plates out of all the items I've deconned to get to level 50 in addition to refined.

ZOS needs to change this! It's too much, and isn't worth the effort compared to just buying the rings from the Golden vendor.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

why crazy? sounds about the same. with my 'luck' it would be 8 for 1,2k refining, so 9 for 1,5k is about the same (not exactly, but I mean it will vary with luck)

I got 9 lesser tempers in 15k dust not full tempers
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is a disturbing example. I was assuming (likely incorrectly) that max JC writs would award a gold mat at the same rate as max BS, WW and Clothing writs, somewhere around 30%. Your sample size of 200 and a 1% drop rate is very close to my own personal drop rate. I've gotten 2 total gold mats from writs since day one for JC. About 35 - 40 of those have been max tier and one of those 2 gold mats actually came from a tier 1 writ.

If these numbers aren't just horrible RNG and are actually indicative of the drop rate for writs then that basically removes that as an option for gaining gold mats. That leaves just refining and decon of gold jewelry. That's not looking good at all.

Exactly they need to add hirelings or make the rewards for doing them a whole lot better
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a pathetic grind. They don't even have a hireling skill for Jewelry which I feel is wrong since all the other crafting skill lines have one.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a different note: I'm at 63 chronium grains now. 'Only' 17 to go... Yep, this grind is really the worst.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a different note: I'm at 63 chronium grains now. 'Only' 17 to go... Yep, this grind is really the worst.

LOL, I've got 6.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do crafting writs daily... I just got my first Chromium grain last night. Poor thing looks so lonely there in my crafting bag.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

LOL, I've got 6.

I have 17 but then, I do occasionally take a time out from the obsessive pursuit of chromium grains to do other things such as playing the game. I suspect you do too :)
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is not fun. If you put something in a video game that is not fun you have defeated the purpose of the game which in most cases is to have fun. OK so you locked jewelry crafting behind the paywall but then you make people that payed for it feel like they wasted their money. Why you did not incorporate traits in to the rest of the sets in the game on some level is beyond me. If I just want to play the game and have fun and not turn it into a “job” I may have jewelry crafting done a year from now.

I'm not privy to the conversations that go on behind the closed doors of ZOS but I think you are looking at some other mmo's that are grind fest and think this is a good thing. Those other games may have eaten into your player base but grinding with hair pulling RNG are loosing those game players also. People are hungry for a good game and the community was so hyped up for the new mmo last mouth but luck for you the release was a total flop. Somebody needs to walk into the suits office and tell them “we need more money for development” before it's to late.
  • PocketAces13xb
    PocketAces13xb
    ✭✭✭
    this is some serious BS of a grind
    Pocket Aces 13 -Xbox NA
    509cp
    A Single Nut Lvl 50 StamDK
    Lets Get HighElf Lvl 50 MagSorc
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop rates should be balanced so that 8 chromium platings cost around 80-100k not 800-1000k
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Drop rates should be balanced so that 8 chromium platings cost around 80-100k not 800-1000k

While I agree that the rarity/cost of chromium is extreme at this point, I don't think it's feasible to think that upgrading a piece of jewelry to gold should, or will, ever cost less than the price of jewelry from The Golden - 250-300k per jewelry would be fine with me.

80-100k is only 25% more than the current cost (XB-NA) to gold out armor/weapons with tempering alloys right now, and jewelry should be more valuable than that.

If we ever hope to reach a compromise with ZOS, we have to be realistic.

Edit - spelling.
    Edited by Feric51 on June 25, 2018 6:03PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)