The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry Crafting: Get ready for the worst grind in ESO's history

• Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be thankful that...
    I hate that sentence so much and honestly I've stopped reading there. I wont be thankful for a feature "we've been asking for ages" which is paired with mind-numbing grind. And neither should you, else you sell out yourself faster than you think.

• BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Be thankful that...
    I hate that sentence so much and honestly I've stopped reading there. I wont be thankful for a feature "we've been asking for ages" which is paired with mind-numbing grind. And neither should you, else you sell out yourself faster than you think.

Well bud if you think that is mind numbing then what have u been doing all this time grinding CP buddy?

Peace
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be thankful that...

Well bud if you think that is mind numbing then what have u been doing all this time grinding CP buddy?

Peace

I am honest with you, I've not grinded CP even for a minute. When I've created my character, I was CP ~300 when I've finished Cadwell Gold. It rains CP when you just quest, do pledges or any other PvE activities the game offers you. Your fault doing 24/7 Alik'r dolmen rounds.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be thankful that...

Peace

I am honest with you, I've not grinded CP even for a minute. When I've created my character, I was CP ~300 when I've finished Cadwell Gold. It rains CP when you just quest, do pledges or any other PvE activities the game offers you. Your fault doing 24/7 Alik'r dolmen rounds.

This. Grinding CP is a waste of time. Just play the game and you'll have more than enough CP AND skill points.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't one of the traits locked behind a trials drop?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the 'Bloodthirsty' trait is, not sure if another one is locked behind trial rewards as well. However, from what I gather, it can drop from normal trial weekly coffer rewards, and people have been getting them, so hopefully it's not as rare as it seems.

The thing that mostly worries me is the fact that all materials have a raw form, so if I got this correctly, then we would need to refine about ~10k platinum (or any other base material) to have the bars to improve to golden quality?
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me or do the open world Jewelry nodes seem about 1/10 as common as all the others too.
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it me or do the open world Jewelry nodes seem about 1/10 as common as all the others too.

It’s not been too bad for me so far. Honestly, I’m not as worried about the ore drop rate as I am the improvement & trait mats. Between farming and decons, I’ve already built up my inventory of ore, but I still only have a couple of trait and improvement mats.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They fixed things so the seams is not as much of an issue.. However, the do need to reduce the number of trait mats required to 5x and change it so that the Upgrade mats are either given in Plating only, or significantly increase the amount given when you either decon or refine. Or maybe a combination of both. Get a guaranteed Plate when you decon and increase the mat when you refine.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • kentgreigrwb17_ESO
    kentgreigrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't properly appreciate how onerous the upgrade cost was until I experienced it. It is ludicrous.

Jewelry crafting is not crafting per se. It can only be rationalised as jewelry transmuting.

It is also hilarious how few vouchers the master writs reward. It needs to be many hundreds for pretty much anything including any upgrade mats.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't properly appreciate how onerous the upgrade cost was until I experienced it. It is ludicrous.

Jewelry crafting is not crafting per se. It can only be rationalised as jewelry transmuting.

It is also hilarious how few vouchers the master writs reward. It needs to be many hundreds for pretty much anything including any upgrade mats.

Once people figure that out about the vouchers the guild stores will be flooded with them probably selling for 50g.

I'm thinking the writ voucher designer is someone with a basement office the rest of the crafting team never speaks to.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey! I got a Sealed Crafting Writ today!

Pelinal (which means 9 researched traits) and 10 vouchers for an epic necklace!

I wouldn't mind the set, as I get those sealed writs for the other crafting skills all the time. But 10 vouchers for an epic necklace is a joke. I don't even know if I should sell it because I can't think of a reasonable price.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im up to level 3. Not far to go now :|
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't mind the set, as I get those sealed writs for the other crafting skills all the time. But 10 vouchers for an epic necklace is a joke. I don't even know if I should sell it because I can't think of a reasonable price.

The jewelry master writs are a joke. They make the roe provisioning writs seem positively generous in comparison.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jewellery crafting is the worst crafting experience i coult expect.
    Totally dissapointed of this garbage
    Edited by Anethum on May 24, 2018 10:45AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    ninibini wrote: »
    Also thinking about the master writs. One of the samples I got on PTS was to craft and epic ring for 9 vouchers. Given the rarity of the upgrade mats, this should be worth at least 10x the vouchers. So, no thank you.

Indeed. Writs like the following make the Roe and Hakeijo writs look extremely generous:
    unknown.png

oh, u made my day:smiley:
    I was curious when started to investigate jewell crafting system, how many vouchers will provide jewell master writ with such a dumb drop rate and refinement mechanism but anyone from my friends didn't got it yet. It's 10+ times more stupid than i could imagine
    Edited by Anethum on May 24, 2018 10:45AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's plain ridiculous, really.
    Carbonised wrote: »

The jewelry master writs are a joke. They make the roe provisioning writs seem positively generous in comparison.

Agreed, they should review those writs vouchers reward ASAP. I truly wonder if in this Studio they know their own game or just make decisions at random.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't forget to voice your displeasure about this system IN GAME through the feedback report.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, so will be awhile for some of us to craft 9-traited jewels. That's the plan from Z.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They've made Jcrafting as unattractive as possible, geez.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    Yes, so will be awhile for some of us to craft 9-traited jewels. That's the plan from Z.

Yes because 9-trait sets are soooooo much better than dropped sets... oh wait.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant even help my friends witch crafting the infused jewellery for research for them.. because I lack the trait material...
    PC-EU @lientier
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭

I think they share nodes with iron/rubedite nodes and maybe rubedite shares also with runes (so its 1/3 of the existing nodes)
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »

I think they share nodes with iron/rubedite nodes and maybe rubedite shares also with runes (so its 1/3 of the existing nodes)

The jewellery nodes share spawn locations with blacksmith ores. So certain zones are better to farm than others.
    Psijic portals (that drops the infused trait-material) share the same location as enchanting rune-nodes. And certain zones seems to have more of them than others.

Both of these grinds are utterly terrible designed.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder for some numbers.

Percentage to get 1 Chromium Grain by refining Dust is 0.5 % if you have maxed skill/passive. This means you will need to refine 200 Dust per Chromium Grain (ignoring tolerance, RNG).

You need 80 Chromium Grain to get 8 Chromium Plating to have 100% chance on upgrading an epic ring to legendary.

Thus you need to refine 80*200 = 16,000 Dust to get enough Chromium Plating to upgrade one epic ring to legendary.

This is more material you need for an entire set of 7 pieces of armour: You would need only 1600 material to refine to get enough material to make one piece legendary, thus 11.200 material to get a set of 7 pieces to legendary.

It gets even harder if you consider you don't have hirelings and Daylies will drop only Chromium Grains instead of Chromium Plating.

Happy Grinding everyone!

You might be ok with that or not. However, I think it is important to know the numbers so you know what you are getting into!
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The master writs for jewelery are indeed 'hilarious' ;) Somebody really messed that up. Not sure the ones that are responsible for the writs or the ones that came up with the whole glorious idea of 1/10 upgrade materials...
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The master writs for jewelery are indeed 'hilarious' ;) Somebody really messed that up. Not sure the ones that are responsible for the writs or the ones that came up with the whole glorious idea of 1/10 upgrade materials...

No one messed it up. They think it's funny. It's just trolling.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not messed up. It's a very clear message from the devs: "we don't want you to craft jewelry".
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drops really suck for jewel carfting and jewelry. Actually I get far less drops in a session of playing in Summerset.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, wow... a more extreme grind than collecting vouchers. Or completing Militant Order and Akaviri. Or collecting Nirncrux to complete 9 trait research. Or getting Master Angler. More extreme than getting the three Sewer polymorphs.

The most extreme ever, because collecting all 14 pages of Buoyant Armiger can be comfortably done in a weekend.

:|

since when is collecting Buoyant armiger possible in a weekend? I farm chests sometimes in vvardenfell never found any page.. only one in a event box.. and I have treasure hunter passive and all the achievements from vvardenfell.. I dont think they really increased the droprate..

and I agree with the rest that the jewellery writs see completely out of scope.. and I was angry about the perfect roe recipes earlier because they were already completely unbalanced
    PC-EU @lientier