The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is T-Bagging a Reportable Offense

• DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Facefister wrote: »
    I bet half of the people here have problems opening their soylent drink bottles.

"Shiver-me-triggers your username offends me because it implies violent things done to the face. Change it or i'll petition ZoS to ban you"

...is the logic being used by some

Haha I want the name shivermetriggers omg great guild name too!
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    How can the squating movement be bannable?

If so, then it should not be allowed in the game as in you should be allow to crouch and the animation shouldnt be there.

If tbagging offends, get up...maybe get mad but not really necessary, and get them back. Single them out in a zergb and repeat the action over them

Pay it forward

Or see the notion as something else, as GG (good game) rather than typing it they are saying gg to you

Surely there are other emotes that would better represent "gg" or "gf". I mean, being slapped in the face by virtual testicals seems a bit...off...as a congratulatory thing. :p

I guess when I see a single actual nutsack, I'll care more- but the truth is, there is no nutsack

Okay then, what is the meaning of it? The very name is absolutely indicative or is your position that because there is no actual "nutsack" that it is a meaningless gesture and people shouldn't be offended. If that's so, why do people bother to do it? And I don't buy this nonsense of it being a way to indicate respect or gg.

I know why. Because it's meant to denigrate or gloat and (this never made any sense to me but there it is) bringing genitalia into historically is a negative. Eh, I just never cared for people being jerks just because they can. If by some miracle I ever managed to kill someone (hahahahahaha) if I didn't faint from the shock, I would either /bow (to indicate respect for their efforts) or /salute (is there even a /salute? Dunno, not much of an /emote user).

The point is: it does not MATTER. It changes nothing, does nothing, you can pop your map up and you won't even see it. OR you can just release and off ya go. You don't have to participate in it at all. It's your choice to just stay put.

It's not a real life and I guarantee no one who does it is giving it this much thought/power and I am pretty sure MOST people don't imagine themselves dunking their nuts on your face because they don't even know you.

It's a game thing and it's been a game thing since games. If you take it outside that context that is 100% on you.

I am going to step out of this though because I think even dignifying this point of view by engaging in debate on it is enabling more than I think is right or good or even healthy.

It is not a good thing to go where things you know YOU KNOW will bother you are, and then complain. I very much doubt you'd go into a S&M club then complain that people were being tied up and beaten. You have a choice, you have freedom to be elsewhere. End Of.

It does matter, to some. I get that you are of a different perspective but yours is not the only perspective. As for the "...you know will bother you..." part, it's entirely possible to have a good ol' set to without having to lower one's self to taunting and being derogatory. In fact, I'd say the majority do just that. Well, at least that's how it's been in other MMOs. Can't say for certain in ESO.

Pity about the stepping out. I enjoy a good debate, often learn from them, find it insightful to see others' opinions. Sometimes I even get my mind changed but I can understand the frustration and respect your position. :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bet half of the people here have problems opening their soylent drink bottles.

"Shiver-me-triggers your username offends me because it implies violent things done to the face. Change it or i'll petition ZoS to ban you"

If so, then it should not be allowed in the game as in you should be allow to crouch and the animation shouldnt be there.

If tbagging offends, get up...maybe get mad but not really necessary, and get them back. Single them out in a zergb and repeat the action over them

Pay it forward

Or see the notion as something else, as GG (good game) rather than typing it they are saying gg to you

Surely there are other emotes that would better represent "gg" or "gf". I mean, being slapped in the face by virtual testicals seems a bit...off...as a congratulatory thing. :p

I guess when I see a single actual nutsack, I'll care more- but the truth is, there is no nutsack

Okay then, what is the meaning of it? The very name is absolutely indicative or is your position that because there is no actual "nutsack" that it is a meaningless gesture and people shouldn't be offended. If that's so, why do people bother to do it? And I don't buy this nonsense of it being a way to indicate respect or gg.

I know why. Because it's meant to denigrate or gloat and (this never made any sense to me but there it is) bringing genitalia into historically is a negative. Eh, I just never cared for people being jerks just because they can. If by some miracle I ever managed to kill someone (hahahahahaha) if I didn't faint from the shock, I would either /bow (to indicate respect for their efforts) or /salute (is there even a /salute? Dunno, not much of an /emote user).

The point is: it does not MATTER. It changes nothing, does nothing, you can pop your map up and you won't even see it. OR you can just release and off ya go. You don't have to participate in it at all. It's your choice to just stay put.

It's not a real life and I guarantee no one who does it is giving it this much thought/power and I am pretty sure MOST people don't imagine themselves dunking their nuts on your face because they don't even know you.

It's a game thing and it's been a game thing since games. If you take it outside that context that is 100% on you.

I am going to step out of this though because I think even dignifying this point of view by engaging in debate on it is enabling more than I think is right or good or even healthy.

It is not a good thing to go where things you know YOU KNOW will bother you are, and then complain. I very much doubt you'd go into a S&M club then complain that people were being tied up and beaten. You have a choice, you have freedom to be elsewhere. End Of.

It does matter, to some. I get that you are of a different perspective but yours is not the only perspective. As for the "...you know will bother you..." part, it's entirely possible to have a good ol' set to without having to lower one's self to taunting and being derogatory. In fact, I'd say the majority do just that. Well, at least that's how it's been in other MMOs. Can't say for certain in ESO.

Pity about the stepping out. I enjoy a good debate, often learn from them, find it insightful to see others' opinions. Sometimes I even get my mind changed but I can understand the frustration and respect your position. :)

I respect yours of course - but I cannot seem to make clear that 'they are going to do it' so you can choose to be bent about it or send them a mental middle finger and not care. I don't even care enough to do that. Like 0 phase.

I am recommending you try and go at it from that angle, for yourself, your own well being because it is not gonna change. So treat it like it actually is: Nothing. For your own happiness.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    When did online games become such a huge refuge for degenerates that get offended by literally everything.

I don't understand anything anymore :neutral:

When did it become Normal to behave inappropriately when online?

I don’t understand anymore

August 6th, 1991
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pay it forward

I respect yours of course - but I cannot seem to make clear that 'they are going to do it' so you can choose to be bent about it or send them a mental middle finger and not care. I don't even care enough to do that. Like 0 phase.

I am recommending you try and go at it from that angle, for yourself, your own well being because it is not gonna change. So treat it like it actually is: Nothing. For your own happiness.

I'm debating. :) The actions, puerile and juvenile as they are, don't affect me aside from in a general sense of bemoaning why people CHOOSE to be arseholes. Probably because I think that particular choice harms them more than those they seek to harm as it's kind of sad to need to denigrate, taunt, troll etc. others.

Also, I tend to speak up when I see what I consider to be craptacular behaviour. And whether there are actual, real live dangly bits involved or not, it (/tbag) obviously isn't a warm, congratulatory hug.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    swippy wrote: »
    When did online games become such a huge refuge for degenerates that get offended by literally everything.

August 6th, 1991

Earlier. :)

Saw it on CIS, GEnie, Delphi etc. and that was the late 80s never mind USENET.

• Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    It's a gold star world filled with special snowflakes. Being crude is now a capitol offense punishable by account ban.

Yes, TB is immature, lame, unnecessary and not sportsmanlike in the least, but people need to stop expecting the world to cater to their delicate sensitivities, especially in an on-line environment.... Its just not going to happen.

People come here to goof off, blow off stress and behave in ways that would get you shot in the real world. As long as they are not throwing out racial slurs and constant profanity, I can take a TB now and then with a smile.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You do know the antagonist of ESO is the god of *** right. Its just a few pixels bobbing up and down, get over it.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zq5rzzH.gif
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sexual harassment, lol. You sexually harassed my pixels. This is silly, it's a game. If this offends you our makes you feel unsafe, you have bigger issues.
    Edited by MajBludd on April 21, 2018 10:34AM
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people who say "it deosn't matter" getting so mad ? If it doesn't matter to you, and it's "just some pixels" then live and let live and let people speak up about something that disturbs them.

You won't miss those pixels since they don't matter to you, anyway. And those that are bothered will have a better gaming experience.

It's win-win !
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    I'm genuinely curious. Like honestly I know it's petty AF and personally I don't really care but I know some people do care and to some people (sexual assault victims) it can be a bit of a PTSD trigger.

nope.

It's sexual harassment and people got banned for it.

Even so many people do it in PVP it doesnt mean that its not bannable.

fake news.

If it's not, then it should be. You already beat someone, there's no reason to disrespect them further.

Then don't do it.

Knowledge wrote: »
    During the anniversary it is also polite to not attack people that may be farming in PVP areas that don't fight back. Please ensure they fight back by hitting them once or twice to see if they are willing PVP participants.

This is also appropriate in Imperial City.

Lmao.

When people decided to impose their definition of "inappropriate" to everybody else without asking for permission or confirmation.

Its insulting someone by simulating the fact to put your balls in his face

What s not offensive in there?

No I dont care when i get tbagged i think its stupid and it is mostly crappy player that do it which would take away any triggering if there was any to begin with:)

Yes it is offensive and should be sanctionned

So glad you're not in charge.

If you are pugging a dungeon and a person dies, is it OK to teabag them before rezzing?

Absolutely, my healer always tbag me when I die from stupid, before ressing me (she does that).

Ohtimbar wrote: »
    While I'm not terribly bothered by it, some are, and it's stupid and puerile. Not being a jerk isn't difficult. Calling out jerks for behaving like jerks isn't "pc", strange, weak or any other nonsense insult people like to use. Those who can't manage to be civil should be banned in my opinion.

Obviously, you're not very competitive. For those of us who are, it's not called "being a jerk" it's called taunting. Look it up, it's supposed to get you offended.

Don't be so abelist what if the person is roleplaying their Crohns or IBS syndrome? For those lucky enough to not be afflicted by such diseases, it can kick in during periods of excitement and adrenaline.

I legit lol'd

It was a good one, tho, hat's off.

Chicharron wrote: »
    I had to google to find out what it is...

It's a video game, how can something stupid like that bother you? You guys have serious mental issues.

Aye, I do. Due to being assaulted years ago. I guess I also have "mental issues" because I think respect and honour matter and feel that taunting the person you've already beaten is pretty lame. That probably makes me completely insane in this day and age.

I can live with that. :)

You know they can respawn, right ? They're not getting kicked from the game and banned from ever joining again.

Pay it forward

GF is for respectable players, true gentlemen and ladies, that decide to honorably duel. Zerglings you tbag. Big difference.

Edited by Aisle9 on April 21, 2018 10:43AM
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    It's a form of sexual harassment from players who seek joy and satisfaction of their nekro philiac urges by virtually ra-ping other players corpses to fish for reactions.

Usually it's the killer type of player, mostly the subspecies of griefer when applying the Bartle taxonomy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

I think ZOS highly appreciates this behaviour as they introduced the teatime emote with Morrowind and all player types need catering to to create a successful MMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartle_taxonomy_of_player_types

Already wrote that in another thread.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Itacira It does matter when you have people constantly trying to pull this crap in real life. When does it end?

If someone is entitled to, or has the right to post their opinion on a forum, then I have every right to respond.

We can disagree with each other and that's fine. That's something a lot of you need to learn these days. Tolerance
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teabagging occur in pvp areas mainly. And one of the reasons for avoid to play pvp personally. (I still wonder how I survived all this time while playing pvp for making a grand overlord, lol).

Xvs1 players love to teabag, players hurt in their ego, some of them just love too much being agressive and show a dominating behaviour . Pvp attract the most toxic personalities. (griefer and killer) This is the most toxic part and community of the game in my opinion. Hence, it's not a suprise if rude behaviours are something common and accepted by a majority. And yes I think teabag is something offensive and should not be tolerated, because pvp is too toxic and full of conflicts already.
    No pvp, no dramas, no rude peoples, no teabag. At least for me.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I Play a lot of pvp. In my experience, it's not as toxic as a lot make it out to be. But I don't get offended easily.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    If you are pugging a dungeon and a person dies, is it OK to teabag them before rezzing?

Absolutely, my healer always tbag me when I die from stupid, before ressing me (she does that).

Your healer is the hero we all need, but do not deserve lol :D
    Edited by Numerikuu on April 21, 2018 11:04AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

@Nyladreas when did online games become such a huge refuge for people that get fun from rediculing their opponents?

Who´s the degenerate the person that purposefully wants to offend in an environment meant for fun or the person that gets offended?

Read my previous response to this. I'm not going to repeat myself :neutral:

How has that anythign to do with my question?
    Just because it´s not an issue for you it does not mean it´s illigitimate as an issue for everyone.

Some people will get irritated by behavior that meant to irritate
    I think is has no place in a game that´s meant to be fun. People that find enjoyment in making the game less fun for others by being a prick should not have their behavior tolerated or relativized.

It´s a game you´re right in that regard. However it´s a game where you can´t choose the person you play with/against contrary to lets say soccer - if someone you play with or against in real life behaves like an insufferable prick there you´ll most likely exclude them in your next session (if they do it in a competetive match where you can´t choose your opponent they get punished for inacceptible behavior aswell).
    As that is not an option for an online game friedly competetive athmosphere and certain social standards should be valued higher with regards to a healthy environment in the game and imo people violating basic social etiquette should be punished rigorously by the games publisher.
    It makes the game worse the more accepted it gets.
    Edited by Derra on April 21, 2018 11:20AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pay it forward

The ONLY TIME I ever clam slam, is when I am in a PVE raid, whole group in discord, and someone dies - because we are funny like that. I tell people in group in cyro with me 'awww don't tbag, have some class!' but they do it or not - their thing - so I am coming at this as a person who doesn't do it myself except among friends in pve setting.

This. All of this.

It’s a GAME, and teabagging/clam slamming is a harmless taunt that is often used in a playful, non-aggressive way. I say this as someone who has been labelled a “SJW” more times than I can count. There are real instances of sexual harassment and assault outside the game that happen every day that are worth getting outraged over.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Mmo of the future. No interaction, you just stand there.
    Here are your SJW patch notes

No skills ( can't have racial skills, well, because that's racist),
    No weapons(a sword or staff is repressive to women),
    No emotes, (it's offensive to wave because Trump waved).
    Enjoy not doing anything because somebody will find it offensive!

Edited by MajBludd on April 21, 2018 11:22AM
  • Vonbone
    Vonbone
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to know what is this t-bag that people speak of. I mean I've seen no emote in the list of many that eso has. Now with that being said you maybe talking about people stealthing repeatedly over top of someones defeated character. I'm not sure how that can be offensive but that's just me. But really using /kissthis emote is ok but stealthing over someone should be bannable. The trolls are heavy in this tread.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I made a new years resolution not to t-bag anyone.

It has been almost 5 months, but let me tell you, it has been hard not too. There are a few Emily haters ( trolls ) out there I would love to squat down on their face a few times. :)

I don't think i can make it the entire year, but I am trying.

Edited by vamp_emily on April 21, 2018 11:37AM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet you 99% of people tbag not because of sexual harassment but because they find it funny. Often triggering the other person which makes it many times more amusing.

People need to learn not to give a damn. Laugh at their stupidity. How can something so simple trigger you in a GAME lol.

Or we could remove people who find such juvenile things funny entirely.

Zeni has the right to do with the game what they please in this case, and quite frankly I hope they do it. I've seen loads of people who just make it their mission to screw with others. They dont need to play ESO or any other MMO.

It isn't because we're offended by anything. It's because, put simply, we dont want to have to deal with this every second of our lives. It has nothing to do with offense, it have everything to do with people who try deliberately to screw with others being removed from a platform that does not -want them- should they so choose.

And personally, good riddence to them.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 21, 2018 11:36AM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can I report someone for assault if they kill my character in Cyrodiil? I just want to quest and fish in Cyrodiil.

...I mean, what if I joined ESO just to RP, decorate houses, and fish?

:trollface:

(Honestly, I don't teabag... unless it's one of my allies who dies... or if it's another player whom I fight regularly and we exchange digital teas as a friendly, competitive way.)

Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I created a new character, Emily Bobbitt, for players who t-bag me. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    The Mmo of the future. No interaction, you just stand there.
    Here are your SJW patch notes

No skills ( can't have racial skills, well, because that's racist),
    No weapons(a sword or staff is repressive to women),
    No emotes, (it's offensive to wave because Trump waved).
    Enjoy not doing anything because somebody will find it offensive!

Striking Logic: If i can´t be offensive towards other players there can´t be any interaction at all.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm genuinely curious. Like honestly I know it's petty AF and personally I don't really care but I know some people do care and to some people (sexual assault victims) it can be a bit of a PTSD trigger.

its a damn game stop caring
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »

its a damn game stop caring

Never. I've never bought into the "it's only a game, who gives a ***" mentality. People are people and the fact that you can't (usually) see them in a game shouldn't grant immunity from behaving badly.

Alas, it does because "you" can do things in a game you wouldn't dare do in the real world and that is simply too tempting for some.

• chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

Because not everyone's the same and some take it more differently than others

Then why 10 years ago everyone would just laugh at these petty actions. I'm only noticing people getting bothered by everything these past couple years. Especially here in North America. It's going backwards here and people are sensitive to everything. I miss working in Europe sometimes. People there don't care about stupid crap, laugh and just live their lives as best they can.

Well, EU is following in your footsteps quite rapidly these days.

Governments. Most citizens in Europe don't want it and successfully prevent their countries from becoming so PC and SJW infested. Another mentality I'd say, we're not offended by every meaningless crap.

I find it absolutely laughable that someone calls t-bagging sexual harrassment. That's wrong on so many levels.

its pathetic how people are now days
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol I can't tell if this thread is serious or not but T-Bagging/Clam-slamming was started by Halo and man those days were fun AF. When someone T-Bags me I honestly don't care and most cases I don't notice because I'm focused on respawning to get back in the fight.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember, video game characters got no balls
This discussion has been closed.