The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Major Oversight] Summerset Tutorial Missable Skillpoint Feedback

• WembleyOTG
    WembleyOTG
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    WembleyOTG wrote: »
    FWIW My warden who I made at morrowind launch. And all my other morrowind characters do not have the extra skill point. When I use the skill point finder add on there is 0/1 beside morrowind character. So I guess I missed it by skipping the tutorial.

So not all characters created after morrowind got this extra skill point.

I'm not remaking anyone for one skill point.

Your add-on only records it if you did the tutorial quest. You still get it if you skipped it.

I see. I did not know that. Thanks
  • GlennGVZ
    GlennGVZ
    ✭✭
    I third my voice for the skillpoint to be available
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    FWIW My warden who I made at morrowind launch. And all my other morrowind characters do not have the extra skill point. When I use the skill point finder add on there is 0/1 beside morrowind character. So I guess I missed it by skipping the tutorial.

You can still get the original tutorial skill point. Just talk to the hooded figure to start that tutorial.

Not sure I know where the hooded figure is.

She follows you around. Once you leave her, even if you don't talk to her, the quest starts. Maybe you can check your quest journal?
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can still get the original tutorial skill point. Just talk to the hooded figure to start that tutorial.

Not sure I know where the hooded figure is.

Vulkhel Guard, Davon's Watch or Daggerfall - depends on your faction.
  • GrimAndProper
    GrimAndProper
    Soul Shriven
    But characters that go through the summerset tutorial miss out on the morrowind tutorial skill point (therefore they get the same number of skill points).

The big problem is for any players who were around since before morrowind. They have been missing a skill point for a long time.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys do know that you can do the Morrowind tutorial even if your character was made years ago... right?

You just need to talk to the Governor near the coast of Seyda Neen.

All characters can access the two (and soon three) tutorial quests, regardless of when the character was made. And the quest changes accordingly. (For example, doing the Seyda Neen tutorial with an existing character has you helping the slaves escape as soon as the Hlaalu authorities catch wind about what Naryu did.)

It seems a bit ridiculous to me to have a 9 page thread about something that is not a bug or an oversight.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    You guys do know that you can do the Morrowind tutorial even if your character was made years ago... right?

All characters can access the two (and soon three) tutorial quests, regardless of when the character was made. And the quest changes accordingly. (For example, doing the Seyda Neen tutorial with an existing character has you helping the slaves escape as soon as the Hlaalu authorities catch wind about what Naryu did.)

It seems a bit ridiculous to me to have a 9 page thread about something that is not a bug or an oversight.

If you read the op, it known that morrowind and summerset tutorial characters can do their tutorials for their skillpoint and then do the wailing prison tutorial for another skillpoint but pre morrowind/summerset characters cannot do the expansion tutorials and are locked out of a skillpoint. The alternate quest you do with existing pre morrowind characters along with characters that skipped the tutorial doesn't reward a skillpoint which was explained several pages in. As for your statement saying all characters can access three tutorials is completely false.

It seems a bit ridiculous to me that you missed the explanation with 9 pages of something that is a bug and oversight.
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 21, 2018 3:48AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not exactly.

The tutorial quest is Broken Bonds and rewards a skill point. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Broken_Bonds

The non-tutorial quest is Breaking Through the Fog and does not reward a skill point. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Breaking_Through_the_Fog

People who complete Broken Bonds can then do the normal original tutorial quest and receive an additional skillpoint.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not exactly.

The tutorial quest is Broken Bonds and rewards a skill point. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Broken_Bonds

The non-tutorial quest is Breaking Through the Fog and does not reward a skill point. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Breaking_Through_the_Fog

People who complete Broken Bonds can then do the normal original tutorial quest and receive an additional skillpoint.

additionally, people who skipped morrowinds tutorial still get a skillpoint and can also do the fog quest without worrying that they missed on the skillpoint.
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 21, 2018 3:50AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And today we will find out if they actually listened to us.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt it.
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost a month now, did they?
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost a month now, did they?

Nope
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope

tumblr_ohisooIVVI1re2zr4o1_250.gif
    C'mon ZOS just enable the quest for us!
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Kevmeister
    Kevmeister
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of feel bad for coming back and putting on an ESO Plus membership knowing that they don't really take care or consider the consequences to existing players.

There are way too many things to do in this game, and losing out on one skill point is a huge problem.

Yes yes, I could start a new character but the amount of time it took my character to finish researching more than 95% of my craft traits, riding skills, earning titles, PvPing, Achievements, etc. makes it hard for me to start over again. The game is already a grind fest as it is, don't punish the existing players because you (developers) don't want to acknowledge the fact you guys screwed up in this problem alone, twice.

In a game where they encourage you to be anything, they certainly don't encourage you to be everything.
    Edited by Kevmeister on June 18, 2018 6:03AM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    9 pages and not a Zos reply in sight and they wonder why their customer base gets upset with them..
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the fact that people are whining over ONE... ONE skill point makes ZOS... and me... just shake my head and roll my eyes. I think ZOS not responding is them doing the exact same thing. If stressing over one skillpoint is causing you such trauma, I think you have more issues to deal with besides a missing skillpoint.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I think the fact that people are whining over ONE... ONE skill point makes ZOS... and me... just shake my head and roll my eyes. I think ZOS not responding is them doing the exact same thing. If stressing over one skillpoint is causing you such trauma, I think you have more issues to deal with besides a missing skillpoint.

one skillpoint that we don't have control wether we missed or not.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do control it... create a new character... and BOOM... you got your ONE skillpoint. If you haven't already noticed, ZOS doesn't care about veteran players, we don't bring them the money that new players creating new characters brings. Thus, this was their way of encouraging players to create new characters and then, most likely spend more money in the Crown Store.
    Edited by ADarklore on July 8, 2018 5:17PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do control it... create a new character... and BOOM... you got your ONE skillpoint. If you haven't already noticed, ZOS doesn't care about veteran players, we don't bring them the money that new players creating new characters brings. Thus, this was their way of encouraging players to create new characters and then, most likely spend more money in the Crown Store.

I am not gonna start over when I have a main character with 27k achievement points and is rank 36 in ava
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 8, 2018 5:27PM
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    So we're not getting that skillpiont, eh?
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't ZOS just let existing characters play chapter tutorials? The story introductions flows so much better than just teleporting in, that's just lame man. Now with Elsweyr coming with a new tutorial, both Summerset and Morrowind tutorials can't be appreciated by new and old players. Why throw away your hard work developing these well crafted quests? It can't be that hard to just send the player to the introduction tutorial quest upon accepting a yes/no prompt like any other quest in the game can it?
  • basketcaseNZ
    basketcaseNZ
    ✭✭
    You would think Razum dar would act like he's met you before if you're an existing character in the Dominion. That's one reason I don't like how they've handled this whole thing with the expansions.

I don't mind missing the skill point personally, but its immersion breaking when characters mention you don't have a soul for example, even if you haven't played the Cold Harbour intro.
    Edited by basketcaseNZ on February 19, 2019 1:04AM
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    my characters have like 7 or so unspent skill points... there are more than enough skill points in the game to do whatever you want.

I calculated, I'll be short of 7 skills points. So you're wrong :)
    Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact
  • kgrizzle
    kgrizzle
    ✭✭✭
    Did this ever get fixed? Are characters made before Summerset still missing a skill point?
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kgrizzle wrote: »
    Did this ever get fixed? Are characters made before Summerset still missing a skill point?

Nope. All characters made before Morrowind are still missing a skill point... so we can assume that ZOS won't fix it at all.
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume this has not been fixed and is safe to assume never will be?
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • Elvira
    Elvira
    ✭✭✭
    Cortimi wrote: »
    I assume this has not been fixed and is safe to assume never will be?

Maybe it will be fixed one day if we won't let the complaints die. :-P So bump, as I hate this as well. :-P And to all possible repliers: Spare us of the "it's just one useless skillpoint" ultimate wisdom. :-P We know that, but that's not the point. :-P
    Edited by Elvira on June 13, 2019 2:55AM
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    Offered Solution: Tie all missing skillpoints from unavailable tutorials to hitting CP160. For characters already over CP160, give those SP retroactively. So all Tutorial SP -1, for the one you earn by doing the tutorial.
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    Has this issue still not been resolved? Why can't ZOS simply let all and any character complete all Tutorials? Locking old characters from acquiring skill points, even if it's just one makes no sense, especially when so many people have spent time into one character, and do not wish to make a new one.

Also tutorials add to the story, why do they not allow any character old or new to complete them? Just add the choice for players to make the quest, it makes no sense that people have to create a new character to experience the tutorials from each chapter, and are only allowed to complete one. Let us decide if we want to play them or not.

Also in a ESO Live from Morrowind they stated that you won't get another skill point from the tutorials however, this is not the case, since people DO GET the extra point if they make a character after purchasing any of the chapter. This should be fixed, and also it's quite astonishing that after so many posts about this, ZOS has yet to give a single official statement.

ALL characters should be able to play through ALL tutorials, even if it's just for the story. And most importantly ALL characters should be given the opportunity to acquire ALL skill points, even if it's just one.

Edited by Ghrimn on July 8, 2020 12:22PM
This discussion has been closed.