The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

[Major Oversight] Summerset Tutorial Missable Skillpoint Feedback

• Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have skill point overload on all my top level toons, some with as much as 50 unused points. I am not concerned about having a skill point or two missed.
    Edited by Wayshuba on May 15, 2018 10:16AM
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get an official response about the Chapter(s)' Tutorial Quest and Missing Skillpoint issue, please.
    Is it something that is being looked into and fixed so that older-characters do not miss out on?
    Older characters and veteran players should not be punished by an unobtainable skillpoint from a Tutorial quest. Simply give everyone access to every Tutorial, OR at least ONE.

The Mage's Guild story choice is a non-issue and not debatable because that was a player's personal individual choice.
    The inaccessible, unobtainable Chapter-Tutorial Quest(s) and Skillpoint(s) were not our choice.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that there are more possibilities for using skill points, than there are skill points available, but how many are actually usable? For example, to use the skill points for armour fully, you'd need to be wearing five pieces of light, five pieces of medium, and five pieces of heavy at the same time - 15 items in only seven slots. There are a lot of other examples of skill conflicts that mean you can't actually use them all.

So how many can you get, and how many can you use at the same time? Each time a new zone or chapter is added, there are more skyshards to collect, and unless a whole new skill line (without conflicts) is introduced, they don't get used up.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I understand that there are more possibilities for using skill points, than there are skill points available, but how many are actually usable? For example, to use the skill points for armour fully, you'd need to be wearing five pieces of light, five pieces of medium, and five pieces of heavy at the same time - 15 items in only seven slots. There are a lot of other examples of skill conflicts that mean you can't actually use them all.

So how many can you get, and how many can you use at the same time? Each time a new zone or chapter is added, there are more skyshards to collect, and unless a whole new skill line (without conflicts) is introduced, they don't get used up.

Well, this update we got entire 2 skillines. It will take more than 30 skillpoints.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Well, this update we got entire 2 skillines. It will take more than 30 skillpoints.

That's a good way to look at it
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

Another good way to look at it is that there will also be more available skill points. And I still fail to see the huge impact that one missing skill point is going to make for most people. Sure, if you want every skill line the game has to offer maxed out in one single character your going to be tight in skill points. That’s an issue the one skill point doesn’t solve though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Another good way to look at it is that there will also be more available skill points. And I still fail to see the huge impact that one missing skill point is going to make for most people. Sure, if you want every skill line the game has to offer maxed out in one single character your going to be tight in skill points. That’s an issue the one skill point doesn’t solve though.

The fact that we paid as much money as new players and they get one additional skillpoint that vets do not have access to is what annoys me the most. Sure it might not affect the build you are going for but my money is as good as theirs.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that we paid as much money as new players and they get one additional skillpoint that vets do not have access to is what annoys me the most. Sure it might not affect the build you are going for but my money is as good as theirs.

That’s an argument finally that I can really get :)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I couln't care less about a sigle skill point
    I even choose to save valaste all the time
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s an argument finally that I can really get :)
    Being unable to play new content (even if it's really short) is the other main thing. Those two tutorials are very good introductions to their respective zones, whether it's a new character or not, but existing characters cannot experience those introductions. Someone who only plays one main character, for example, would never be able to play that main character through the Summerset or Vvardenfell introductions, and they are therefore missing out on that content that they have paid for.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's too bad that we've heard nothing from ZOS and it appears that they are going to do nothing about this.

I'm mostly disappointed that my characters aren't going to be able to experience the tutorial introduction to SS. It's a good introduction to the Psijic mages and what's going on in SS.

I was less disappointed about the MW one, since you do still get to deal with the slavers via an alternate quest in Seyda Neen.

I understand them not wanting to fix the problem now, as they never fixed it with MW and giving pre-SS characters the chance to do the tutorial for a SP would mean that MW characters would then always have an extra SP anyway. Unless they somehow lock out MW characters from the tutorial quest. But that would also be a shame, since I'd want my MW characters to experience the story in the SS tutorial as well.

And then, what happens with future chapters? If they allowed all characters to experience the tutorials for an SP in addition to the story, then MW characters would always be one ahead, and there would be a SP creep that perhaps they don't want.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    It's too bad that we've heard nothing from ZOS and it appears that they are going to do nothing about this.

I'm mostly disappointed that my characters aren't going to be able to experience the tutorial introduction to SS. It's a good introduction to the Psijic mages and what's going on in SS.

I was less disappointed about the MW one, since you do still get to deal with the slavers via an alternate quest in Seyda Neen.

I understand them not wanting to fix the problem now, as they never fixed it with MW and giving pre-SS characters the chance to do the tutorial for a SP would mean that MW characters would then always have an extra SP anyway. Unless they somehow lock out MW characters from the tutorial quest. But that would also be a shame, since I'd want my MW characters to experience the story in the SS tutorial as well.

And then, what happens with future chapters? If they allowed all characters to experience the tutorials for an SP in addition to the story, then MW characters would always be one ahead, and there would be a SP creep that perhaps they don't want.

Two betas and no fix
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, any info on how much additional skillpoints will be available in Summerset? Like quests and skyshards
    I recall getting some after opening Artaeum
    Rawr
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »
    Btw, any info on how much additional skillpoints will be available in Summerset? Like quests and skyshards

Should be 18 shards, so its 6 skill points from that. I guess quests will net you at least 6 more. Cap should be 406+ if I am not mistaken.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »

Also one from the tutorial like morrowind that pre chapter characters cannot get
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 days left to patch
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that no dev commented on neither the morrowind nor summerset tutorial feedback threads feels meh
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fact that no dev commented on neither the morrowind nor summerset tutorial feedback threads feels meh

They probably have better things to do. This is not a bug, an exploit, or even unintended. Its really not going to be a priority even if its something they'd change. Plus its kind of tacky to bump your own thread...
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a single SP in a game that has way too many already. I don't get what the fuss is about. My main sits on 30+ SP that are unused and has loads of skills/passives I never even use while being a master crafter and dedicated pvp/pve char.

Never have I encountered a situation where I was thinking "I wish there would be more SP" and all I ever think is "I wish some SP would be easier to get".
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »
    It's a single SP in a game that has way too many already. I don't get what the fuss is about. My main sits on 30+ SP that are unused and has loads of skills/passives I never even use while being a master crafter and dedicated pvp/pve char.

Never have I encountered a situation where I was thinking "I wish there would be more SP" and all I ever think is "I wish some SP would be easier to get".

Just because you haven't encountered such a situation, doesn't mean nobody has. The only people who don't ever lack skill points are those who decide to destroy their sanity by going to PvP, or those who don't have fully developed chars (skipping crafting, legerdemain, thieves guild/dark brotherhood skills, only ever playing one role etc). There are plenty of things to spend skill points on, and just because you choose to skip those skills, doesn't mean everyone should be forcefully prevented from getting them. And with 2 new skill lines coming in Summerset, this one skill point might actually make a difference on some of my chars that are already struggling.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one day left, lets see if zos will patch it out by then.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not holding my breath :(

This is such a slap in the face to us.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be very surprised.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, it would be nice if we could do the tutorial on existing characters. Would be a good "way in" quest to Summerset.

NPC knows of us and our reputation, asks us to come to a cave somewhere, we meet with them, bit more talking, then boom to the intro for Summerset. Done. Existing characters in the tutorial.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

I'm not holding my breath :(

This is such a slap in the face to us.

Agreed.
    I still can't believe this oversight is something that ZOS still chooses to ignore and not even comment on.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    To be fair, it would be nice if we could do the tutorial on existing characters. Would be a good "way in" quest to Summerset.

NPC knows of us and our reputation, asks us to come to a cave somewhere, we meet with them, bit more talking, then boom to the intro for Summerset. Done. Existing characters in the tutorial.

Yep. Just like how they allow people to do the original tutorial even though they've already done the Morrowind one. Would be a very easy implementation.
  • WembleyOTG
    WembleyOTG
    ✭✭✭
    FWIW My warden who I made at morrowind launch. And all my other morrowind characters do not have the extra skill point. When I use the skill point finder add on there is 0/1 beside morrowind character. So I guess I missed it by skipping the tutorial.

So not all characters created after morrowind got this extra skill point.

I'm not remaking anyone for one skill point.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WembleyOTG wrote: »
    FWIW My warden who I made at morrowind launch. And all my other morrowind characters do not have the extra skill point. When I use the skill point finder add on there is 0/1 beside morrowind character. So I guess I missed it by skipping the tutorial.

You can still get the original tutorial skill point. Just talk to the hooded figure to start that tutorial.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your add-on only records it if you did the tutorial quest. You still get it if you skipped it.
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 20, 2018 11:22PM
  • WembleyOTG
    WembleyOTG
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

You can still get the original tutorial skill point. Just talk to the hooded figure to start that tutorial.

Not sure I know where the hooded figure is.
This discussion has been closed.