The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

[Major Oversight] Summerset Tutorial Missable Skillpoint Feedback

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
z96c9s4u55v8.png
wemi5s4wbdlq.png

Edit: Easiest solution, make "The Mind Trap" quest the default starter quest for entering summerset for both old and new characters.

It's a problem that was reported during morrowind's beta and made it live and looks like it is repeating itself... Both summerset created characters and morrowind created characters can do their tutorial quest for an extra skillpoint and do then do the coldharbour tutorial for another skillpoint yet existing characters are shafted by not having that extra skillpoint from either the morrowind or the summerset tutorial. Existing characters SHOULD be able to do "The Mind Trap" summerset tutorial as not only does it flows perfectly to the Introduction of summerset main quests and introduction of the psijiic order, but we should also have access to its skillpoint. I paid just as much money as the people who started with summerset so I SHOULD be able to access the tutorial quest and its skillpoint.

Spoilers: In the tutorial for the summerset expansion we have mephala trap us in a "mind trap" which is a prison in our own mind. The psijic Oriandra helps us escape it and as a result we learn about the psijiics involvement in summerset and just down the road is the start of the summerset main quest with razumdar. I tested on both an existing character and a summerset character and the existing character cannot access the tutorial and the skillpoint and the dialogue isn't any different for the existing and summerset character for meeting the psjiic in the next quest, "The queen's decree".

Please allow "The mind trap" tutorial to be done by existing characters. Have us take a ship to mainland summerset and then on our way there we are trapped in our mind and it seems mephala wants us to not meddle in her affairs. We the vestige, who stopped molag bal, stopped clavicus vile in morrowind, stopped nocturnal in cwc would have been noticed by mephala and so should be trapped in a mind trap in an attempt to stop our interference in summerset.
https://youtu.be/YMEXC_2cUkc

with this intro for new players, it would had made complete sense to let existing characters to go through the tutorial
Edited by Aliyavana on May 22, 2018 5:27AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can my main (made on launch day) have an SP now please. :(
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Can my main (made on launch day) have an SP now please. :(

Our character as defeated molag bal, nocturnal, and clavicus vile, why wouldn't mephala try to trap us in a nightmate like the tutorial? I say zos should let us do it for the skillpoint
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also want the missing skill points I lose out if I make the wrong choice in the last MG quest.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I like my skillpoints too, sucks if we aren't getting either of these addressed.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't zos just auto add the skill points on login....for those with max chars etc....

PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I also want the missing skill points I lose out if I make the wrong choice in the last MG quest.

"Wrong"...
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Yeah I like my skillpoints too, sucks if we aren't getting either of these addressed.

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was your choice. I made the same one and I accept the consequences.

The tutorials are a different matter entirely. For no good reason, the devs decided to deprive existing characters of the opportunity to earn a skill point. At the very least I think they owe us a explanation why they designed it this way.
    Edited by Rosveen on April 3, 2018 9:51PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    That was your choice. I made the same one and I accept the consequences.

The tutorials are a different matter entirely. For no good reason, the devs decided to deprive existing characters of the opportunity to earn a skill point. At the very least I think they owe us a explanation why they designed it this way.

It even was reported during the beta and nothing was done about it
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... With every chapter released my main character will lack more and more skill points...

That's not fair, ZOS. Is this really such a big problem that you can't fix it with simple patch? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if they don't want us to go through the same tutorial as new characters, which is fair enough, they could give us the skill point some other way. They chose not to. I really don't understand why.
    Edited by Rosveen on April 3, 2018 9:59PM
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure it's only one skill point, but over the coming years it adds up, 1 per chapter missed. Why are vet players being punished for being loyal to the game? Why do we purchase something yet not get the full rewards on our older characters?

They need to make a way for every character to obtain these regardless of their creation date.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Why don't zos just auto add the skill points on login....for those with max chars etc....

To me that is the wrong attitude. You basically want something for nothing. What bothers me is I won't be able to do the content. I personally could care less if I get a skill point or not but I want to experience the new content contained in the tutorial.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate how we cant get the tutorial levels on our older toons like, give us something like the main story now where you have someone to talk to and end up in that situation!
  • Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need those skill points...

...however I am sympathetic to the completionist playstyle. Why not make it, if you have collected all the other collectible skill points in the game, this is your 'reward':

1. Mephala has trapped you in a nightmare, you have no gear. Complete the tutorial, gain a skill point.

You thought you escaped the nightmare, but...

2. Mephala has trapped you in a nightmare, you have no gear. Complete the Morrowind tutorial, gain a skill point.

You awaken, or have you?

3. ...

Getting everything in the game should not be easy, but it should be possible.
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cave_Canem wrote: »
    You don't need those skill points...

...however I am sympathetic to the completionist playstyle. Why not make it, if you have collected all the other collectible skill points in the game, this is your 'reward':

1. Mephala has trapped you in a nightmare, you have no gear. Complete the tutorial, gain a skill point.

You thought you escaped the nightmare, but...

2. Mephala has trapped you in a nightmare, you have no gear. Complete the Morrowind tutorial, gain a skill point.

You awaken, or have you?

3. ...

Getting everything in the game should not be easy, but it should be possible.

No one ever said it should be easy and we aren't asking for anything for free. We paid for the chapter, we should get the skillpoint on our original characters. Rerolling a character is not an option when it takes hundreds of hours of gameplay to get achievements, horse trained, skills leveled, skyshards collect, etc etc.

All we're really asking for is the ability to do the tutorial on our older characters as well so we don't miss out on the skill point.

The mages guild quest gave you a choice, this does not give older players a choice other than rolling a new toon every time they release a new chapter or being locked from them.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukDNzACXdu0

Credit to cerealkillerz and personafreak from reddit with a video on the subject.

Pretty much the tutorial is that mephala has trapped the starter character in a nightmare and around 7:50 you can see the missable skillpoint just like morrowind has one. Please allow Pre morrowind and pre summerset characters to do this tutorial, it serves as a good introduction to the psjic order and mephala as an enemy and seeing as we paid for this chapter, we should be able to obtain this skillpoint to spend on the upcoming skillines. We have stopped molag bal and have eliminated the threat of clavacus vile and nocturnal in previous storylines so why wouldn't mephala trap us in the scenario of the tutorial to remove us as a threat? After all morrowind characters can do the base game tutorial.

"But op! there is hundreds of skillpoints in the game! Why are you making a big deal about 1?" I am now making a big deal out of two, if every chapter comes with a new tutorial that will leave all characters without a extra skillpoint and pre morrowind characters get shafted the most as they lack those skillpoints to einvest in the upcoming jewelcrafting and psyjicc order skill lines. Also as a completionist I have 20 unspent skillpoints, but I don't "need" that extra skillpoint but my playstyle requires that I obtain every skillpoint in the game, morrowind made that impossible though.

I want the skill point. Please and thank you.
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The obvious remedy, the one which ought to have been implemented back before Morrowind's launch, would be to not grant the Wailing Prison skill point to characters who got the Morrowind intro skill point. That ship has sailed now, however; I'm not sure how feasible it would be to remove a skill point from characters who did both quests.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The obvious remedy, the one which ought to have been implemented back before Morrowind's launch, would be to not grant the Wailing Prison skill point to characters who got the Morrowind intro skill point. That ship has sailed now, however; I'm not sure how feasible it would be to remove a skill point from characters who did both quests.

That leave us with one solution: Give people the skill points.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *turns on Serious Mode*

I know this probably won't ever get addressed, but what concerns me is, are we going to continue to get a new tutorial every few DLC now?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *turns on Serious Mode*

I know this probably won't ever get addressed, but what concerns me is, are we going to continue to get a new tutorial every few DLC now?

it seems like zos wants new players to get right into the new content
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So each year we will be permanently weaker then new players potential?

This going to add up inbalanced. How about we just spot now?
    Edited by Tasear on April 4, 2018 5:04AM
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

This going to add up in balanced. How about we just spot now?

This is exactly my point. One or two now isn't a big deal, however if this is to be the future of chapters and ESO, older players will be punished more and more over the years. Sure over 10 years it's only 10 extra skill points, but thats 10 more to go toward passives or anything I want really.

Once again, I paid for the chapter just like everybody else, why don't I get my one extra skill point that comes with the chapter just because I played prior to the launch of said chapter? Makes absolutely no sense why you would lock older players from something like this.
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also as a completionist I have 20 unspent skillpoints, but I don't "need" that extra skillpoint but my playstyle requires that I obtain every skillpoint in the game, morrowind made that impossible though.

It's not necessary, but it's mandatory because of the way I play :)

We're calling hardcore completionism a playstyle now?

I agree with you that it doesn't make sense that existing characters have no alternate way to obtain these skill points. However, I hope you stretched before you performed all of the mental gymnastics in that quoted sentence.

Needing to collect "everything" in the game is a personal choice. The devs are in no way obligated to provide you with a way to achieve that goal.

I would like to see a catch-up mechanism developed for these skill points. As other posters have said, it's not so bad now, but the gap will keep getting wider and wider if they do not do something.

Edited: For terrible writing.

Edited by CromulentForumID on April 4, 2018 5:15AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

This going to add up in balanced. How about we just spot now?

This is exactly my point. One or two now isn't a big deal, however if this is to be the future of chapters and ESO, older players will be punished more and more over the years. Sure over 10 years it's only 10 extra skill points, but thats 10 more to go toward passives or anything I want really.

Once again, I paid for the chapter just like everybody else, why don't I get my one extra skill point that comes with the chapter just because I played prior to the launch of said chapter? Makes absolutely no sense why you would lock older players from something like this.

It doesn't at all. What if they wanted eso sport in said future. It would make this impossible with said unbalanced. They are limiting our future and theirs.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "But op! there is hundreds of skillpoints in the game! Why are you making a big deal about 1?" I am now making a big deal out of two, if every chapter comes with a new tutorial that will leave all characters without a extra skillpoint...
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    So... With every chapter released my main character will lack more and more skill points...

To those implying that this discrepancy will build up over time - I believe that's inaccurate. These won't stack. It's only coldharbour that people who do the chapter tutorials get to relive, I believe? So it's only 1 skillpoint that any chapter-character will ever have, the one from their chapter, and the one from Wailing Prison.

The correct solution of course is to make all tutorials available to all players (and make which one you want to do first as a new character be an option when starting the game!)

PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Aionna
    Aionna
    ✭✭✭
    I agree all players should get skill points from tutorials.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    my characters have like 7 or so unspent skill points... there are more than enough skill points in the game to do whatever you want.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *turns on Serious Mode*

it seems like zos wants new players to get right into the new content

This could probably be easily remedied by having a more standard tutorial that gives you the option of where you "land" afterwards. Rather than constantly creating a new tutorial for every new Chapter.

If they dont want to go that route then they can maybe create two tutorials for the new Chapters. The first one will be for new players, and the other...basically the same thing minus explaining mechanics so older players arent missing anything.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with Summerset, you are still only missing 1 Skill point, max.
    Not like you can do the Morrowind Tutorial and Summerset Tutorial both to get 2 Skill points.

Though - I think they should allow you to do the new zone Tutorial Quests... Or, if they do like they did with Morrowind, allow you to get that point from the Tutorial Alternative Quest - For Morrowind, it was the "Attack the Slavers on the Island" thingy.

This discussion has been closed.