Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do overall changes seem positive or negative?

Azyle1
Azyle1
✭✭✭✭✭
I know we do not know everything and it's just a pretest, but what are the reactions?

Seems like a lot of stam people are worried now? I thought I heard/read that we were losing ~6020 Pen from somewhere?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally positive.

If the performance changes in PVE and PVP make a big difference, I can forgive ZOS a lot.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive imo

But I play mostly Magicka, so I admit I'm biased
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Baz
    Baz
    ✭✭✭
    NMG & Sunderflame, instead of reducing physical resist by 2580 & 3440, will both gives major fracture.
    So they remove the group effect & turn them into solo sets
    vAA : 150.350 WS StamBlade
    vSO : 171.041 CwC StamSorc
    vHRC : 155.895 DB Tank
    vMoL : 159.672 CwC Stamplar
    vHoF : 206.667 MkM StamNB
    vAS : 111.272 MkM Magplar
    vCR : 128.397 WS MagSorc
    Mostly retired from PvE ESO
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The general changes sound good but the specific class changes are a bit underwhelming. I just hope there's a lot more coming with the PTS.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    I know we do not know everything and it's just a pretest, but what are the reactions?

Seems like a lot of stam people are worried now? I thought I heard/read that we were losing ~6020 Pen from somewhere?

Night mothers gaze and Sunderflame sets were changed to provide Major Fracture instead of a separate stackable penetration stat.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I play a stamblade, but I do not know enough to see what's happening.

Also, I play on Xbox One X... so assuming I will not see any major performance changes, eh?
  • Merlian
    Merlian
    ✭✭✭
    From what I'v read so far, positive! I'm looking forward to digging through the patch notes to see what else they do, but the direction seems good.
    PC NA
    |Merlian Nightstalker| - DC Imperial Magicka Dragonknight
    |Nix Nightstalker| - EP Imperial Stamina Sorccer
    |Kragdin Longrock| - DC Imperial Stamina Templar
    |Zane Killian| - EP Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    |Alyia Bekker| - DC Breton Magicka Warden
    "If the job were easy, it wouldn't be any fun!"
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really cant say. Not sure if the balance stuff I have seen posted is everything or if there are some needed bug fixes coming as well to some combat abilities. I feel like we have had a nice tease and PTS patch notes will clear more up, and actually testing is where the rubber will meet the road.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither . They were just unnecessary . Meta will still be established for each class and eventually set into one and life in Tamriel goes on but what once was is gone . Everyone has to regrind gear and re L2P like every major balance shift . If you tired of that its negative . If that stimulates your excitement it's positive .
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall:tbh for me positive, I'll only miss strife if it goes live (still have time) but I like most of the changes (magicka here too so biased too :D)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    The general changes sound good but the specific class changes are a bit underwhelming. I just hope there's a lot more coming with the PTS.

Feels like they just tried to make certain roles more viable for specific classes like dk healers or sorc and nb tanks. Feels underwhelming because these things have not really been high on the request list by the majority of players. Not saying the changes aren’t good ones because some of them definitely are, especially since they mostly effect skills that already aren’t used very often.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive so far.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm generally a fan of change, for better or for worse, we will adapt.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    positive...
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NobleX35 wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Feels like they just tried to make certain roles more viable for specific classes like dk healers or sorc and nb tanks. Feels underwhelming because these things have not really been high on the request list by the majority of players. Not saying the changes aren’t good ones because some of them definitely are, especially since they mostly effect skills that already aren’t used very often.

Well the change to 2h sets is great. And that they're giving DKs more tools for healing is absolutely amazing. I am still looking for substantial changes for MagDK and Magplar. I just hope we'll read more about it when we've got the PTS notes.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of stam thought that their dps will go down the drain with some changes but.... wasn't there a Nightblade doing 51K on this Pretest with 0 pen?
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither . They were just unnecessary . Meta will still be established for each class and eventually set into one and life in Tamriel goes on but what once was is gone . Everyone has to regrind gear and re L2P like every major balance shift . If you tired of that its negative . If that stimulates your excitement it's positive .

Agreed, but I'm disappointed they are trying to fix 2handed stamina with the set bonus change. I think they should have gone another route.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

Agreed, but I'm disappointed they are trying to fix 2handed stamina with the set bonus change. I think they should have gone another route.

I love updates but here's my only issue . Too many changes at once make testing difficult . Adding jewelry crafting on top of two handed weapon buff will already change the balance a lot ingame . Discovering the effects of those two alone will require time . It's important to differentiate between op gear an op classes and we are relying on the Balance team to have enough accurate foresight to know the changes on gear effecting class balance on top of class restructuring changes . That's putting a lot on the table all at once . For me at least .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on April 3, 2018 5:45PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Positive, especially coz it not 'nerf everuthing to the ground"
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would of preferred adding Jewelry crafting and two handed weapons counting as two set pieces first and testing those new mechanics as much as possible before adding or subtracting anything from any classes yet . We know those changes alone would bring a lot of buffs to magic classes and some balance changes more then likely would be needed on some gear sets at the very least . Only after that was balanced as best as possible would I suggest going through actual class balance with the added knowledge of gear based changes .
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's generally positive, but the negative changes, especially in regards to stamina DDs, are really jarring.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me, some of upcoming changes and additions are really awesome - and some are horrible. Developers can't simply make only good things, they always feel the need to ruin something :/ Jewelry crafting, daily login rewards, 2h weapons counting as 2 pieces, new skill line, buffs to some existing class abilities... These things would be so great if there were no nerfs.

And suddenly the need to farm DSA for few more weapons feels so insignificant and fading... Maybe only to complete the collection. Or maybe they will suddenly buff them together with other special weapons :o
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    For me, some of upcoming changes and additions are really awesome - and some are horrible. Developers can't simply make only good things, they always feel the need to ruin something :/ Jewelry crafting, daily login rewards, 2h weapons counting as 2 pieces, new skill line, buffs to some existing class abilities... These things would be so great if there were no nerfs.

And suddenly the need to farm DSA for few more weapons feels so insignificant and fading... Maybe only to complete the collection. Or maybe they will suddenly buff them together with other special weapons :o

Yeah, but since this is just a pretest, we will see what makes it to the PTS.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cautiously positive. I do love most of the changes, even tho they are subject to change.

Except Sunder and NMG both getting nerfed. I believe one of them should have remained unchanged. Tho there's still time until PTS and we don't even know what new sets to come and what new builds people will come up with.
    PC|EU
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very positive. Staves users finally get 5-5-2 set combo!
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very positive, IMO.

The "all classes can do all roles" theme is not exactly a surprise as it was explicitly stated several months ago in ESO live and was telegraphed with the build advisor that has a build for each role for all classes.

2HD weapons counting as two set items is huge and so is Jewelry crafting... and real multi-core CPU support? Be still my heart :)

Summerset itself and the Psijic skill lines are just gravy.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I know this is just the first phase of things, I'm not overly invested in anything they have said. Who knows what things will look like once it all actually goes live. But I am interested to see how things go.

I'll be part of the testing if they let me, I have some things I would like to look further into in terms of my mDK and gear sets and crafted jewelry. I've never had her with stam weapons, I was just going to be stubborn about it forever. So now that there is a reason to continue to not do it, I want to play with it before it goes live and see what I can come up with.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baz wrote: »
    NMG & Sunderflame, instead of reducing physical resist by 2580 & 3440, will both gives major fracture.
    So they remove the group effect & turn them into solo sets

How is that a good thing? Sounds like more watering down uniqueness of sets.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Positive:
    - staves will count as 2 items

Negative:
    - strife cost increase
    - twisting path damage decrease
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Negative.

All this trash is superfluous considering we still have unplayable stuff in the game (Werewolf).