Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do overall changes seem positive or negative?

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    I think a lot of stam thought that their dps will go down the drain with some changes but.... wasn't there a Nightblade doing 51K on this Pretest with 0 pen?

Not sure about that. As I recall, Gil, Ryan, and Alcast all broke 70k with their parses. But I wasn't scrutinizing their builds.

Personally, running a stamblade, I was seeing some substantial improvements.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be a positive for this solo PvE player that doesn’t have access to the BiS gear. So far, it looks like they are expanding the possibilities for the average players.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very hard to say.

There's a lot that's super exciting, and a few acute disappointments.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of stam thought that their dps will go down the drain with some changes but.... wasn't there a Nightblade doing 51K on this Pretest with 0 pen?

Not sure about that. As I recall, Gil, Ryan, and Alcast all broke 70k with their parses. But I wasn't scrutinizing their builds.

I would hope you see improvements. The change to light/heavy attack pool scaling alone adds thousands of WD to each light attack. 35k stam pool divided by 10.45 is 3349. What is it on live? Like 100 attribute points equals 1 WD?
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well with all these changes, i hope they will do the right thing and give us a free spec, since that is what every other mmo does with big changes.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

I would hope you see improvements. The change to light/heavy attack pool scaling alone adds thousands of WD to each light attack. 35k stam pool divided by 10.45 is 3349. What is it on live? Like 100 attribute points equals 1 WD?

To be fair, I was only running about 30k Stam, my resting weapon damage was above 4k, though.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Empower nerfed to only effect 40% more dmg to light attack . A shared nerf for everyone with a DD .
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Positive so far. But I doubt we've seen all of the changes. They still have time to nerf something into the ground and *** off a large portion of the playerbase like last year.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like too many things are drastically changing to get a good feel for where balance is gonna end up. 10% movement speed or quasi execute for one jewelry trait? The synergy one looks really strong too when people start building more for synergies like bone shield. 3k attribute hit for potentially overpowered buffs definitely sounds worth it but how much of a headache will some of these be when a lot of ppl start using them?

I honestly don't know, guess we'll have to wait and see on the PTS
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Positive and exciting.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i do like now that you can run 2 sets and monster and those two sets can be both crafted with the addition of jewelry. farming necklaces and rings are a pain
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Positive. Really positive. Besides my magblade friends, magicka dps are pretty stoked about the changes. Stamina dps are getting nerfed to a degree, but we all saw that coming. The only thing I see lacking is magicka warden dps buffing.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely postive for non-traditional tanks and healers.

But... won't sorcs be a bit OP? Well at least sustain is back for the class.

Sorc dps it's time to stop using twlight maritach and torrementor instead.

I predict more sorc dps variety.

Still Clanfear should of been looked at. It's just bad. And charged storm annotach..will more health help it?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Negative.

All this trash is superfluous considering we still have unplayable stuff in the game (Werewolf).

Start a thread about it? Maybe they are stronger then it seems?
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are all these changes listed ?
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of buffs to most classes. How can that even be considered negative?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB changes are a negative, to me.

Everything else seems pretty positive.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only positive changes are for 2H counting as 2 pieces.

Everything else being shown so far is absolutely awful
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    The only positive changes are for 2H counting as 2 pieces.

Everything else being shown so far is absolutely awful

Found the grumpy one.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall: positive.

Specifically, as a magsorc main, I’m really unhappy with the change to Bound Aegis. I really hope it’s not going to be as horrifically bad as it sounds.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »

Specifically, as a magsorc main, I’m really unhappy with the change to Bound Aegis. I really hope it’s not going to be as horrifically bad as it sounds.

You'll probably get the + magicka benefit just from slotting it the way some other skills work and the armor buff from activating it. If that's the way it works I'm good with it.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy about most of it.
    Not happy about the Sunder/NMG nerf, hopefully something can be done to make up for it or we'll be back to Elder Staves Online. Maybe stam will start running TFS in trials but lack of group DPS support will be noticeable.
    Also bummed about the MagBlade nerfs. Recently made mine and was enjoying it.
    Though excited to see if MagDK will be decent again.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

You'll probably get the + magicka benefit just from slotting it the way some other skills work and the armor buff from activating it. If that's the way it works I'm good with it.

It’s switching from a toggle (activate once and then you’re good as long as it’s double-barred) to a “regular” skill that only lasts 3 seconds.

To maintain the same resistances with BA you’ll have to cast it every 3 seconds.

Which means it’s a massive sustain nerf.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive, definitely.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beetleklee wrote: »
    Happy about most of it.
    Not happy about the Sunder/NMG nerf, hopefully something can be done to make up for it or we'll be back to Elder Staves Online. Maybe stam will start running TFS in trials but lack of group DPS support will be noticeable.
    Also bummed about the MagBlade nerfs. Recently made mine and was enjoying it.
    Though excited to see if MagDK will be decent again.

Yeah, I really hope stam doesn't take a huge hit.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

It’s switching from a toggle (activate once and then you’re good as long as it’s double-barred) to a “regular” skill that only lasts 3 seconds.

To maintain the same resistances with BA you’ll have to cast it every 3 seconds.

Which means it’s a massive sustain nerf.

Personally, I've never used it for the +armor and being able to place it on just one bar is a plus for me but I do see your point if the armor part is important to you.
  • JackSmirkingRevenge
    The changes look pretty good except for the inexplicable Warden nerfs. The class is already horrid in PvE and now it is getting a nerf to shimmering shield, sub assault, and deep fissure to an extent. Its really confusing considering the current state of the class.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going with neutral at this point. Nothing really positive or negative standing out. If anything, I see some of these changes are more overdue than a positive.

I will admit I'm a bit disappointed in JC. I was hoping the stats would be a bit better than we can find in the game. I'm sure my opinion will change if I can see benefits of crafting, but based on the "text", I'll keep an open mind (will still grind for mats, of course, as things change in time).

With the last two releases, I sense bigger changes are coming. "ESO 2.0". I smell it in the air.

Edited by Violynne on April 3, 2018 7:41PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Extremely postive for non-traditional tanks and healers.

But... won't sorcs be a bit OP? Well at least sustain is back for the class.

Sorc dps it's time to stop using twlight maritach and torrementor instead.

I predict more sorc dps variety.

Still Clanfear should of been looked at. It's just bad. And charged storm annotach..will more health help it?

There are a lot of good changes for Sorcs, but one subtle NERF that no one has mentioned:

The 6 new jewelry traits. Personally, I think the new traits sound really cool, but I have doubts that they will ever be more attractive than Arcane, because Sorcs depend so much on stacking Magicka.

Other classes, on the other hand, will be free to consider all traits without bias. It remains to be seen how much this hurts Sorcs.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the light/heavy attacks scaling off stat pool like skills? That seems huge to me. I mean LA + HA are already pretty large % of DPS.

How will they offset that power creep? Are mobs getting tougher? More nerfs incoming?