The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Updates for Update 18

• hiymeh
    hiymeh
    Minno wrote: »
    The current rumor-mill is that wheeler gave 4 pages of pvp patch notes for PTS.

Think about that for a second :D

Where is this coming from!! Or is this a joke.. ?
    Edited by hiymeh on April 12, 2018 4:05AM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiymeh wrote: »

Where is this coming from!!

Umm lets see.... A Mill, the kind that puts out Rumors :|
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Home Campaign locking is just good gaming imo. If you play in any other physical or esports tournament (campaign), players don't just up and jump on another team/faction toon during the same competition. Lacks integrity. One of the biggest frustrations for players that are team/faction loyal and new player base.
    Mazbt wrote: »
    Really appreciate the changes Brian. Can you guys please also add an incentive to stick with one faction for the duration of the campaign? Don't force it but just bring noteworthy incentive for at least some faction pride during a campaign length. I know a lot of group/faction based pvpers would like it.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought about it for a second, and it dawned on me that it's probably 3 pages about 2 exciting new battleground maps, and 1 new mode. The maps will be at least a few paragraphs each of backstory, and the mode will take up at least a page to explain how sometimes you can jump into the air and punch an invisible brick that will spawn a mushroom that makes your character incredibly powerful.
    The last paragraph will explain that PvP performance is a priority, so they're making a small change, and then they'll keep an eye on it for several months to decide if anything further is needed.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Define 'fake' in this context :P

haha, I was confused for a second ;) but some good ideas in there.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it looks like this:
    Rumor_Mill.gif

But seriously it came from a certain zos employee that hangs around the community outside the forums. This person also said wheeler already gave us a teaser (in this thread). So that means we have 3.5 pages left of changes!!!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

I thought about it for a second, and it dawned on me that it's probably 3 pages about 2 exciting new battleground maps, and 1 new mode. The maps will be at least a few paragraphs each of backstory, and the mode will take up at least a page to explain how sometimes you can jump into the air and punch an invisible brick that will spawn a mushroom that makes your character incredibly powerful.
    The last paragraph will explain that PvP performance is a priority, so they're making a small change, and then they'll keep an eye on it for several months to decide if anything further is needed.

I think performance will be one sentence or two. Plus he already stated the change for performance in this thread.

I do agree some might be on BGs, but we also know we are receiving new quests to go with the blood thirsty trait farming. And my information states the 4 pages relate to cyro; so I think PvP is getting a nice chunk of changes.

There a possibility this also means objectives outside keeps were worked on?

I need pts already!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think performance will be one sentence or two. Plus he already stated the change for performance in this thread.

I do agree some might be on BGs, but we also know we are receiving new quests to go with the blood thirsty trait farming. And my information states the 4 pages relate to cyro; so I think PvP is getting a nice chunk of changes.

I need pts already!

Yeah, I'm definitely ready to see it, and struggling to keep expectations low.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I need pts already!

C'mon, this is ZOS we're talking about.

Having low expectations, yet not having them met should be old hat by now.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I need pts already!

C'mon, this is ZOS we're talking about.

Having low expectations, yet not having them met should be old hat by now.

Alright you nerds, you don't have to wait long to have your panties bunched up, ESO live tomorrow will have wheeler going over PvP changes!

Pack up your deer, drink some elf blood and let's be hyped/disappointed together!
    Edited by Minno on April 12, 2018 6:13PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Join us this Friday night to get the inside scoop on ESO: Summerset's new player homes and updates to PvP. Firstly, Lead Systems Designer Philip Draven and Systems Designer Cullen Lee will give us a tour through two of the brand-new player homes coming with and beyond ESO: Summerset. As they do, they'll also showcase some of the new furnishings that you'll be able to create with Jewelry Crafting. Then, we'll be joined by Lead PvP Designer Brian Wheeler to talk about the improvements, additions, and changes we're making to both the Alliance War and Battlegrounds as part of Update 18, including new dailies, rewards, and more! "

5 minutes at the end to go over the siege and AP ticks we've read already plus another 5 to talk about the upcoming Battleground map? Who's taking odds?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we can watch Gina and Jessica nodding along as if to say "Yes, this is exactly what we've seen the community talking about! You've done it again, Brian! Standing ovation!"
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Join us this Friday night to get the inside scoop on ESO: Summerset's new player homes and updates to PvP. Firstly, Lead Systems Designer Philip Draven and Systems Designer Cullen Lee will give us a tour through two of the brand-new player homes coming with and beyond ESO: Summerset. As they do, they'll also showcase some of the new furnishings that you'll be able to create with Jewelry Crafting. Then, we'll be joined by Lead PvP Designer Brian Wheeler to talk about the improvements, additions, and changes we're making to both the Alliance War and Battlegrounds as part of Update 18, including new dailies, rewards, and more! "

5 minutes at the end to go over the siege and AP ticks we've read already plus another 5 to talk about the upcoming Battleground map? Who's taking odds?

That's way more time than I'd expect them to alot.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rumor_Mill.gif

But seriously it came from a certain zos employee that hangs around the community outside the forums. This person also said wheeler already gave us a teaser (in this thread). So that means we have 3.5 pages left of changes!!!

Well that would be nice. About 50% of the time I go into Cyrodiil, its a good day. The rest of the day either there's only 1 sided zerging.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rumor_Mill.gif

Well that would be nice. About 50% of the time I go into Cyrodiil, its a good day. The rest of the day either there's only 1 sided zerging.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• kholsh
    kholsh
    ✭✭
    PvP just needs content. These silly little quirks and 'fixes' won't revitalize what used to be the best pvp in gaming. ZOS has done a whole lot of nothing on the PVP side in three years. Battlegrounds, like dueling, is niche and is not what the game was initially advertised. The game was initially boosted by advertising cyrodil.

For gods sake just show some creativity. Put bosses in the middle of those fields. Connect the bridges to imperial city. Do something creative
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kholsh wrote: »
    PvP just needs content. These silly little quirks and 'fixes' won't revitalize what used to be the best pvp in gaming. ZOS has done a whole lot of nothing on the PVP side in three years. Battlegrounds, like dueling, is niche and is not what the game was initially advertised. The game was initially boosted by advertising cyrodil.

For gods sake just show some creativity. Put bosses in the middle of those fields. Connect the bridges to imperial city. Do something creative

Totally agree.

Anything that helps with lag/load screens is of course welcome, but everything else is just fluff. Cyrodiil is still going to be exactly the same.

Lets hope these rumored pages of notes are real and put a spark back into PVP because we can't afford any more campaign shut-downs.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is there still no official ZOS information on being able to use Mementos within Cyrodiil again, like we use to be able to, a long time ago? (Not sure how long ago or which ESO patch, but we used to be able to use Mementos in Cyrodiil [pre-Battlegrounds, I think.])

It is pretty dumb and monotonous to have to go all the way back to your faction's gate/wayshrine, teleport out and leave the campaign, just to re-use Memento 2-hour XP buffs such as the Annual Anniversary Jubilee Cakes or the Pie of Misrule or the Witchmother's Whistle/Brew or whatever the event happens to be for the XP buff, and the re-queue and re-enter the campaign every time the buff wears off... especially if you have to re-apply the buff and re-queue during population-locked prime-time PvP hours.

ZOS, why not re-enable Memento usage in PvP areas (Cyrodiil, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds). Mementos are simply cosmetics / animations, hardly any different from Costumes or The Outfit System, yet those two systems are allowed in PvP. If I can be a 7/7 light armor healer dressed-up in disguise as a 7/7 heavy-armor tank via costume/outfit, then why can I not use basic Mementos like the Storm Atronach Transform or Storm Orb Juggle and all of the other Memento trinkets/animations that were RNG purchases from Crown Crates in the Crown Store.
    Again, Mementos can be quick-slotted and have zero combat effectiveness. Mementos do not do any damage.
    So, again, ZOS, why disable the ability to use Mementos collectible items in PvP areas?
    If there is a not-well-known bug/glitch with a particular Memento, then why not just disable the use of that one Memento until it is patched and fixed, instead of restricting the use of hundreds of Memento collectibles that players have earned and/or directly purchased.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure how feasible it would be - but, at least let mementos work in the home alliance starter areas...

then we could also mudball to death any trolls or traitors who might show up there :p
    Edited by geonsocal on April 13, 2018 6:26PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Instead of adding additional rewards such as mounts and cosmetics for completing alliance ranks (which would have been nice at release 4years ago), I think it would be great to give rewards for players who finish a 30days cycle campaign on the top10 of their faction on the leaderboard. The same mount or costume could be the same every campaign. It would still make it unique and special. Another idea would be to give a title such as "Commander of <Insert_name_of_campaign>".

While I think this is a good idea too. In reality what PvP needs, not counting the performance issues, is more active players. So incentivizing Top 10 does not help that. I'm not sure if rank based ones will help or not either. After all, everyone's rank is already displayed all the time. The only time I hear anything though, is when in PvE when running PvE Tank build, people are surprised that my Warden is a Major. Usually PvE only notices your PvP rank because you are running around in PvE with a PvP build. So maybe something akin to Skins will help. I do know that they are decent motivation in PvE. All without ruining things for those that do not want to play the way that is needed to earn them.

The goal of giving rewards based on the actual challenges was not to bring more people to the game but to simply focus on what we could consider "endgame pvp top tier" nowadays. If you actually want to bring more players to the game, what should have been done and should be done is the following.

When the game got released, thousands of players rushed into Cyrodiil to test what was supposed to be the new best MMO since WoW got released. The potential was there, but Zenimax screwed up with the code, the engine and the client (no 64bits). When the popularity started dropping to the point where each faction cap is sitting around 100-150~ players, the PvP development team should have realized that they don't have the population to support large scale PvP any longer. To attract more people, they should focus and devote ALL of their ressources into smaller instances of PvP. They already started with battlegrounds (which in my opinion should be named arenas or something similar). Then they should open up 8v8 and/or 12v12 and/or 16v16 battlegrounds. These would bring alot of excitement and fierce competition between guilds. Once the popularity of the PvP starts growing up again, re-introduce a large scale instance.

Even the lore could support it. The daedra has been vanquished. The war in Cyrodiil is over but the conflicts between all 3 factions is just starting. They are now fighting all over the summerset isles in these new typical zones (battlegrounds).

Later on when the game can support it, reintroduce a large zone similar to Cyrodiil where all 3 factions will fight once more in a new battle facing hundreds of players on the screen (what was promised at release).
    Edited by frozywozy on April 13, 2018 7:47PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then they should open up 8v8 and/or 12v12 and/or 16v16 battlegrounds. These would bring alot of excitement and fierce competition between guilds. Once the popularity of the PvP starts growing up again, re-introduce a large scale instance.

Later on when the game can support it, reintroduce a large zone similar to Cyrodiil where all 3 factions will fight once more in a new battle facing hundreds of players on the screen (what was promised at release).
    So Cloudruler Temple could be a nice halfway to what you want...

I mean, as a PvP trial (i.e. extended battleground) or just a plain large battleground it would give guild vs. guild vs. guild competition. Plus it's already in Cyro (even though it would be it's own instance and not share Cyro's pop cap).

In my head the idea was to take this larger instanced show on the road, so that new and old zones contested PvE-wise could also have other models of the concept with cool new mechanics added-in.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of adding additional rewards such as mounts and cosmetics for completing alliance ranks (which would have been nice at release 4years ago), I think it would be great to give rewards for players who finish a 30days cycle campaign on the top10 of their faction on the leaderboard. The same mount or costume could be the same every campaign. It would still make it unique and special. Another idea would be to give a title such as "Commander of <Insert_name_of_campaign>".

While I think this is a good idea too. In reality what PvP needs, not counting the performance issues, is more active players. So incentivizing Top 10 does not help that. I'm not sure if rank based ones will help or not either. After all, everyone's rank is already displayed all the time. The only time I hear anything though, is when in PvE when running PvE Tank build, people are surprised that my Warden is a Major. Usually PvE only notices your PvP rank because you are running around in PvE with a PvP build. So maybe something akin to Skins will help. I do know that they are decent motivation in PvE. All without ruining things for those that do not want to play the way that is needed to earn them.

The goal of giving rewards based on the actual challenges was not to bring more people to the game but to simply focus on what we could consider "endgame pvp top tier" nowadays. If you actually want to bring more players to the game, what should have been done and should be done is the following.

When the game got released, thousands of players rushed into Cyrodiil to test what was supposed to be the new best MMO since WoW got released. The potential was there, but Zenimax screwed up with the code, the engine and the client (no 64bits). When the popularity started dropping to the point where each faction cap is sitting around 100-150~ players, the PvP development team should have realized that they don't have the population to support large scale PvP any longer. To attract more people, they should focus and devote ALL of their ressources into smaller instances of PvP. They already started with battlegrounds (which in my opinion should be named arenas or something similar). Then they should open up 8v8 and/or 12v12 and/or 16v16 battlegrounds. These would bring alot of excitement and fierce competition between guilds. Once the popularity of the PvP starts growing up again, re-introduce a large scale instance.

Even the lore could support it. The daedra has been vanquished. The war in Cyrodiil is over but the conflicts between all 3 factions is just starting. They are now fighting all over the summerset isles in these new typical zones (battlegrounds).

It would be great but it’s been 4 years and so many promises that the trust in the devs is very low. I am on a long break if not quit right this second checking the forums every few weeks for hope that they have “figured it out”. The changes coming soon are imo more for the pve side of things mostly but advertised as a bandaid for pvp. I spent 4 years with hope but the zos cried wolf one to many times and I am very hesitant to be the butt of another joke.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then they should open up 8v8 and/or 12v12 and/or 16v16 battlegrounds. These would bring alot of excitement and fierce competition between guilds. Once the popularity of the PvP starts growing up again, re-introduce a large scale instance.

So Cloudruler Temple could be a nice halfway to what you want...

I mean, as a PvP trial (i.e. extended battleground) or just a plain large battleground it would give guild vs. guild vs. guild competition. Plus it's already in Cyro (even though it would be it's own instance and not share Cyro's pop cap).

In my head the idea was to take this larger instanced show on the road, so that new and old zones contested PvE-wise could also have other models of the concept with cool new mechanics added-in.

That Cloudruler Temple Battleground-Trial PvPvE crossover idea would be awesome! (Though details need some refinement)
    I wish ZOS did something to that floating hunk of rock! Lol.
    I was originally hoping for something similar to a Battleground-Trial PvPvE idea for within Imperial City (White Gold Tower or Imperial City Prison) were the only other two opportunities to do something like that, but Cloudruler Temple is an unused and presently available option, as well.
    If the idea of making Cloudruler Temple into a Battleground-Trial PvPvE type event ever came to light, there would be so much HYPE lol. :smiley:
    Until then, all we can do is battle over Fort Dragonclaw and Bruma in the background until, if ZOS ever decides to do something with Cloudruler Temple. :neutral:

EDIT: On a side-note, ZOS still has opportunity to do something unique with Bravil (to the right/east of the Gate of Mnem), or Skingrad (to the left/west of Castle Brindle), and/or Leyawiin/Blackwood (south of Bravil).
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on April 13, 2018 10:48PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    animals-depression-therapist-therapy-leeches-psychiatrists-bwhn519_low.jpg
    looking good mr. wheeler...

thanks for pushing in some pvp stuff into the upcoming update...keep them coming please - many of us have been living in cyrodiil for a few years now - so, changes and improvements will be really welcomed...

looking forward to checking out some of the new cyro quests...

oh yeah - most importantly:
    lets-go-yankees-florian-rodarte.jpg
    Edited by geonsocal on April 13, 2018 10:52PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

hahahahahahahahahaha...
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are great updates n nice to see Cyro get’n some TLC. It’d also be nice if could work in a lil fix for the Towns- Vlas Crops n Bruma and make them a limited range Respawn zone similar to Fwd Camps (though possibly larger zone). This would cut down on the easy PvDoor access to the AD zones. Please n thank you...my mount getting tired of constantly having to ride out to flip them....
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely non of that appeals to me. I do not know where to rank myself exactly, however I am sure its isn't as a top tier PvPer. I feel good about my favorite build at least, and am extremely effective with it. What I do know is that I am not prepared to log in everyday to maintain my proficency.

You have gotten this entirely backwards. BGs like CoD favors the Hardcore player extremely heavily. The problem with BGs is, no matter the scale, it is the complete opposite of newbie friendly. If you do not come to BGs as a group, you will get steam rolled 90% of the time. This is even more true when you get any of the objective runs. Every object run leads to a choice, stay with your group which has no idea of tactics, or loose 1-3 of them as they just go for kills while you try and achieve the objectives. If you doubt this BGs/Cryodiil comparison, just look to the real world, where every meek animal groups up. Only the strong animals run solo or in small packs.

I did not play in the beginning to say what was or was not effective. I only know that by all accounts I've read on the forum. PvP suffered from imbalance which has lead to nerf making people give up on there favored classed. Followed by balance corrections focus leading to servers suffering.

I do support rewards to keep the Hardcore PvP engaged, because losing them (well losing even more of them) certainly will not help Cryodiil. However the real reward the Hardcore PvPers need is challenge again. Right now, the only challenge is how many Potatoes can I take on at once. Only currently the population is small enough, that Potatos are gathering in huge numbers that even the skillful get crushed by. This was not the case when the skilled PvP could harass the flank of a Zerg v Zerg battle. This tactic is ineffective when Zerg v 1 where trying to kite one into the field of your chosing leads to the whole Zerg following
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If guilds wanted fierce competition they wouldn’t run 24 people in pvp. Cause that’s a perfect way to guarantee you’ll only run into maybe one or two others that will have the numbers to compete with you.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the update last night, first ESO love I've stayed up to watch. My 'value' in summerset is all these PvP changes. I know they base game but it at least getting a lick of paint is interesting.

That alliance switching solution tho.... ;)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there somewhere to find a sumup of the coming changes announced in the eso live? Same as original or something new?
    Edited by Morgul667 on April 14, 2018 10:11AM