Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should ESO be made more casual?

• Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    The game itself is fine. The content rewards should reflect the content. Ie vet and hard mode dungeons and trials should drop gear for that purpose, progression. Cosmetics should not be tied to the highest level content in the game that's accessible to a minority of the player base.

There are not two options for high level content rewards. Gear or fluff, you’re saying you want less fluff and more gear? You want more BiS weapons and gears that only the top10% get? Or shall it stay fluff not effecting how big the gap is between good and average players. Fluff that’s just pure bragging rights and that’s all?

I think maybe priorities should be reassessed.

Thats exactly what im saying, rewards matching playstyle and content. BiS group gear should come from vet trials? BIS solo from maelstrom etc. That way normal dungeons and overland are not a faceroll for max cp casuals and trial progression works as an activity. Players get and wear gear that keeps the game fun at all levels. Fluff is awarded for completing content at any level to encourage diversity of playstyle.
    Edited by Thannazzar on March 16, 2018 7:09AM
    Options
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the game is already casual enough.
    Mozsta69 wrote: »
    Im fine with the current goats in the game .

That will never be true until there are goat mounts
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ufgFH.gif
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

ufgFH.gif

Exactly <3:p
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Options
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game itself is fine. The content rewards should reflect the content. Ie vet and hard mode dungeons and trials should drop gear for that purpose, progression. Cosmetics should not be tied to the highest level content in the game that's accessible to a minority of the player base.

There are not two options for high level content rewards. Gear or fluff, you’re saying you want less fluff and more gear? You want more BiS weapons and gears that only the top10% get? Or shall it stay fluff not effecting how big the gap is between good and average players. Fluff that’s just pure bragging rights and that’s all?

I think maybe priorities should be reassessed.

Thats exactly what im saying, rewards matching playstyle and content. BiS group gear should come from vet trials? BIS solo from maelstrom etc. That way normal dungeons and overland are not a faceroll for max cp casuals and trial progression works as an activity. Players get and wear gear that keeps the game fun at all levels. Fluff is awarded for completing content at any level to encourage diversity of playstyle.

Phrased like that, I can agree
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

Options
  • Shanan
    Shanan
    ✭✭✭
    the game is already too casual. i remember where you struggled at some lvl10 quests in 2014.
    PC EU - Ravenwatch - @Shanan - VON VENGERBERG
    Options
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    vMA can be done naked, people get carried through content, overworld can be done blindfolded, PvP nowadays is just zerg with Zaan thorvokun or some other proc set on a tank with 50k hp and be annoying. Game needs a HUGE difficulty increase.

Twaddle
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    @Kodrac
    Because that annoys the hell out of me. You can play any way you like up to level 50 & then bam - a very different game.

You can only play "any way you like" in overland because the game is on toddler difficulty.

If the whole game was tuned to that insanely easy difficulty, I can guarantee you, this game would be a ghost town before you know it.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6FFj68_BBc

10k Physical resist
    17k Health

How on Earth do you think this game is difficult?

Other things to note: this guy knows how to play. His character is POWERFUL, just look at his stats:
    47k max Magicka
    2600 Spell Power

There is no "must be meta", there are only a few simple rules you need to follow.
    Options
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

10k Physical resist
    17k Health

Other things to note: this guy knows how to play. His character is POWERFUL, just look at his stats:
    47k max Magicka
    2600 Spell Power

There is no "must be meta", there are only a few simple rules you need to follow.

And 40% damage reduction form CP because he is 675. Not exactly a fair comparison to a level 15 noobie.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10k Physical resist
    17k Health

47k max Magicka
    2600 Spell Power

And 40% damage reduction form CP because he is 675. Not exactly a fair comparison to a level 15 noobie.

I'm not even going to go there.

Once again, looking for ANYTHING to blame.

I have had people with that mentality, and more often than not, those people are beyond help.
    They simply refuse to accept that maybe THEY are the thing that is stopping them.

"I need better gear"
    "I'm not max CP"
    "I don't have Maelstrom weapons"

Excuses, all of them.

Those very same people, IF they manage to stay in the game for a longer period of time quit when they realise that they are now max CP with "meta" gear and still can't pull more than 20k DPS on a target skeleton.

Instead, they could have listened to advice from the start and used that time to improve instead of chasing those magic CPs and "meta" gear.
    Options
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10k Physical resist
    17k Health

47k max Magicka
    2600 Spell Power

I'm not even going to go there.

Once again, looking for ANYTHING to blame.

I have had people with that mentality, and more often than not, those people are beyond help.
    They simply refuse to accept that maybe THEY are the thing that is stopping them.

"I need better gear"
    "I'm not max CP"
    "I don't have Maelstrom weapons"

Excuses, all of them.

Those very same people, IF they manage to stay in the game for a longer period of time quit when they realise that they are now max CP with "meta" gear and still can't pull more than 20k DPS on a target skeleton.

Instead, they could have listened to advice from the start and used that time to improve instead of chasing those magic CPs and "meta" gear.

I'm 720 and the best I do is 22k DPS. Of course I can solo clear vSO Matikora mob pull. Either way, we are talking about noobies not Vets. Even my measly 22k DPS makes overland content too easy. But my level 20 no CP self couldn't solo a 2 bar boss. People used to die to Craglorn Mubcrabs. Some how you have completely lost the memory of sucking when you were a noob. You did though, everyone does.

Sure gear isnt everything, but it sure helps, and so does CP. Not going to hit a 40k parse with 200 CP, no matter what gear you wear or how much of an ESO god you are.

Think you need to hear what Elloa has to say. Get off the high horse.
    https://youtu.be/ez13QSQEuNc
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on March 16, 2018 11:47AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

Options
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that I think is difficult for casuals to get into is PvP.

Even having PvP servers restricted by level is not enough - You could have a really good level 40 player, and a really bad CP500 player. I'm CP450 and I cannot PvP at ALL. Since everything is levelled anyway, actual level shouldn't make much difference.

I would support a rank-separated PvP maybe of three levels: (Max Rank Captain, Max Rank Warlord, Max Rank Grand Overlord). This is then based on your PvP specific abilities, rather than your combined PvP/PvE abilities.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
    Options
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kodrac
    Because that annoys the hell out of me. You can play any way you like up to level 50 & then bam - a very different game.

You can only play "any way you like" in overland because the game is on toddler difficulty.

If the whole game was tuned to that insanely easy difficulty, I can guarantee you, this game would be a ghost town before you know it.

Good job not understanding what we're saying. No one said anything about making the game toddler level easy at end game. That's a tad bit elitist. This game is bipolar. 1-49 anything works (and can be pretty boring for veteran players), but as soon as you hit 50 you have two options - stack stamina and dual wield or stack magicka and a staff. Tanking and healing is pretty much optional except at the highest difficulty group content. That's pretty limiting don't you think? Sure you can tinker around with different sets and try different off-meta builds but it's quite rare to see anyone do that. Those simple rules you spoke of in a later post all lead to the same end. It's a very narrow focus. I'm just saying open it up a bit for variety sake. Reintroduce soft caps or take the training wheels off long before level 50 or make tanking and healing necessary in normals. Something.

Edited by Kodrac on March 16, 2018 2:16PM
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    most of the game is to easy overland is to easy for some with high cp same with all vet dungeons non-dlc. for a game that doesn't have lvl boundaries the cp system power creep is part of the problem newer dlc dungeons arnt bad where mechanics is important. unlike all base game ones where you can dps and ignore all mechanics and just run 4 dps or 3 dps 1 healer

Did 2 Magblade v CoA2 earlier.
    Options
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BeatingADeadHorse.gif
    Casual is different for everyone. Farming nodes is casual and relaxing to me but my boyfriend hates it.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
      Options
    • josiahva
      josiahva
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kodrac wrote: »
      @Kodrac

Good job not understanding what we're saying. No one said anything about making the game toddler level easy at end game. That's a tad bit elitist. This game is bipolar. 1-49 anything works (and can be pretty boring for veteran players), but as soon as you hit 50 you have two options - stack stamina and dual wield or stack magicka and a staff. Tanking and healing is pretty much optional except at the highest difficulty group content. That's pretty limiting don't you think? Sure you can tinker around with different sets and try different off-meta builds but it's quite rare to see anyone do that. Those simple rules you spoke of in a later post all lead to the same end. It's a very narrow focus. I'm just saying open it up a bit for variety sake. Reintroduce soft caps or take the training wheels off long before level 50 or make tanking and healing necessary in normals. Something.

The reason people don't play around with off-meta builds isn't because they aren't viable for end-game content, its because the sad fact that most people watch some youtube hero post a 50k parse using such and such a set, and that instantly becomes meta, regardless of whether the same numbers can be reached using some off-meta build...its a refusal of people to think for themselves. Its like playing MTG, you have everyone playing the same top 10 decks, then someone comes in with an off-meta deck and destroys a tournament...and instantly that deck becomes top10. The person who designed that deck is the only one using any imagination. I could build meta builds...but I never do...why? Because why in the world would I want to play someone else's build? I am perfectly capable of doing all end-game content with my own builds. There is obviously overlap in skills and sets, but there is always enough breathing space that my builds are uniquely my own...sometimes the meta catches up and makes me retire them though...which is unfortunate.
      Options
    • jerseyjay19
      speaking as a casual player (nothing formal about my play style) i can't see any point to this poll other than the op seeking attention...

oh ####, i've slipped up here haven't i?

Options
    • Puzzlenuts
      Puzzlenuts
      ✭✭✭
      Goats are awesome.
      The goat vote was the only option for me
      Options
    • AlienatedGoat
      AlienatedGoat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      josiahva wrote: »
      Kodrac wrote: »
      @Kodrac

The reason people don't play around with off-meta builds isn't because they aren't viable for end-game content, its because the sad fact that most people watch some youtube hero post a 50k parse using such and such a set, and that instantly becomes meta, regardless of whether the same numbers can be reached using some off-meta build...its a refusal of people to think for themselves. Its like playing MTG, you have everyone playing the same top 10 decks, then someone comes in with an off-meta deck and destroys a tournament...and instantly that deck becomes top10. The person who designed that deck is the only one using any imagination. I could build meta builds...but I never do...why? Because why in the world would I want to play someone else's build? I am perfectly capable of doing all end-game content with my own builds. There is obviously overlap in skills and sets, but there is always enough breathing space that my builds are uniquely my own...sometimes the meta catches up and makes me retire them though...which is unfortunate.

Yes and not so yes.

Some people are sheeple when it comes to blindly following meta builds, for sure. This is absolutely a problem in most games, and in this game it's no exception. You not only run into people preaching the meta here, but actively discouraging use of off-meta builds, or outright bullying of off-meta characters.

However, the more popular builders in this game do run numbers comparisons to formulate mathematical differences between gear loadouts, skills, CP allocations, etc. So there is, more or less, something that is "best in slot". The overall difference between meta and off-meta is usually negligible though, like <1-2%.

So the idea that a lot of people have that you have to run with the meta to compete is just misinformation. Plenty of people run off-meta builds in both PvP and PvE and do very well!
      PC-NA Goat
      Options
    • mikemacon
      mikemacon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sweet Azura, no.

Do NOT go the “Destiny 2” route.
      Options
    • neverwalk
      neverwalk
      ✭✭✭✭
      EXPLORATION is what ES is all about
      Options
    • Bakkagami
      Bakkagami
      ✭✭✭
      I'm not one to say the game is too hard, I actually think one tam made the game a bit too easy with the way scaling works. I do understand some newer players struggling, though, particularly trying to shift from non-vet easy content to the veteran content. (not even talking about trial/dlc vet content yet). I think part of the problem is the fact that newer players lose a lot of their opportunities to learn boss/game mechanics etc when they are going through normal dungeons due to the ease at which veteran players in their group can faceroll bosses to the point that the concept of mechanics is basically non-existent. I think it would be pretty difficult for ZoS to fix the issue at this point but there are some things that could possibly help.

first, slightly increase the difficulty of normal dungeons, not to the point where you need to be fully geared to complete them but just so that the concept of following mechanics will get instilled in newer players. (increasing boss health/resistances, increasing the negative impact of getting hit by aoes - doesn't have to be instakill but more damage, added debuffs, etc).

Second, adding a mentor system. I got this idea from FFXIV, and it has its own faults in that game but the concept would help more than hurt. Basically a system where veteran players can opt in to help newer players as they are learning dungeons etc. FFXIV does this by giving incentives for veteran players to run random lower level dungeons and can receive commendations from group members who find them particularly helpful. enough commendations allow you to opt into becoming a mentor, at which point newer players can tell they are someone who is willing to answer questions and help. I think this is a good path to adding incentives for end game players to be more helpful than toxic ( a problem a good chunk of the community does have).
      Edited by Bakkagami on March 17, 2018 5:36PM
      Options