Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Population size... are we losing players?

Vaughndaunted
Vaughndaunted
✭✭✭
I’m finding myself short on players at my level of play. What’s going on ESO? Are we working on keeping end game players or getting new ppl in the game? I’m getting bored of writs, dps testing and etc. what’s out there for us advanced players? We need 2 man team trials and content like VMA. ANY THOUGHTS?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on February 4, 2024 11:35PM
PS4/PS5 NA
Master Crafter
End Gamer
9+ years playing ESO
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not losing players as bad as Destiny 2 is, that's for sure
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m finding myself short on players at my level of play. What’s going on ESO? Are we working on keeping end game players or getting new ppl in the game? I’m getting bored of writs, dps testing and etc. what’s out there for us advanced players? We need 2 man team trials and content like VMA. ANY THOUGHTS?

Lol it's because trials are not rewarding for the time and effort you put into them. Also unless you are willing to help new players to learn and progress in your guild. I can totally see why you would think it's hard to find players to do trials with. Maybe groom and teach the new players who are replacing the vets? Or yall can continue to ask for only players who can post 35k plus dps. Only to complain about not being enough players to run trials with.

I see no issues with finding players who are willing to learn to run trials. I do see a bunch of vet guilds who are demanding players already be top noche before joining their guild and crying about that lack of players in game.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lol it's because trials are not rewarding for the time and effort you put into them. Also unless you are willing to help new players to learn and progress in your guild. I can totally see why you would think it's hard to find players to do trials with. Maybe groom and teach the new players who are replacing the vets? Or yall can continue to ask for only players who can post 35k plus dps. Only to complain about not being enough players to run trials with.

I see no issues with finding players who are willing to learn to run trials. I do see a bunch of vet guilds who are demanding players already be top noche before joining their guild and crying about that lack of players in game.

Agree and these top tier players forget that they had help learning to and think they did it all on their own like no one ever gave them advise.
  • JungleBoot
    JungleBoot
    ✭✭✭
    Remember ESOA is there to listen. Come to our coach and let your troubles flow away. :p
    Platform: PS4
    CP 405
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a 2man trial like Maelstrom/Dragonstar. This needs to happen, so much fun for us who love to partner up. Seriously would love a 2man Maelstrom arena. If it gave good rewards like VMA then it would keep people around for a fun farm and challenging arena.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't find them anywhere, not even where I think I left them.....
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main guild drop from 20ish to 1 daily , yes , only me left :D

Connection quality was the major problem , they left after MHW released .
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because Matt thought vertical progression is bad. After Paul left he got his dream game of linear progression which is horrible. The problem with guilds is the game is completely built on dps which is dependent on being able to use an exploit that's now a feature
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My better half had hand surgery, so yes, Player population is down to 1. And I finally coughed up the cash for White March part 2 so....oh my god!! No one is playing!! Shut it down boys!! Someone get the lights on the way out!
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree and these top tier players forget that they had help learning to and think they did it all on their own like no one ever gave them advise.

True but at the same time I feel like I don't want to put my own time in helping someone that will just quit the game when they can't do certain content or understand there class and just don't L2P the game. I put in 6 months with a few people got the to CP300 all good gear for pvp and pve and they still did not understand why they could not 1vX Or complete VMA and all they did was quit the game and never came back. But I would also LOVE to see a 6 man trial or a 2 man VMA/VDSA type dungeon would be great because I would love to show people how to run dungeons and not easy mode normal dungeons/trials.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think its just because the holidays are over and the university semesters have started there will be a new uptick in players in July or whenever the semester break/summer holidays are.

I did have a lot more trail runs a couple of months ago.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But when it comes down to population from what I can see on Xbox NA in pvp and pve population is just fine we just ended another 30 day pvp campaign and all 3 factions had between 15k-18k on each faction by the end of it and always pop locked during prime time 50-150 que, and the 7 day campaign was always fun as well the other 2 campaigns not sure about since I don't play in them. But I have 2 PVE guilds and we are always running normal/vet trials and new content as well
  • JungleBoot
    JungleBoot
    ✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I think its just because the holidays are over and the university semesters have started there will be a new uptick in players in July or whenever the semester break/summer holidays are.

I did have a lot more trail runs a couple of months ago.

I don't know. There are a few good titles on the way that will draw players away for a while: Far Cry 5, God of War, Detroit Human, Days Gone, Spiderman, Red Dead Redemption 2, and more. I believe the population will be a bit strained through this year. People have been doing the same stuff year-in and year-out for a while now. And the game really doesn't have enough going in it's favor to keep people around for really long periods of time. At best, players play for a while, leave, and then return to see what has changed. Myself, I'm out when Far Cry 5 releases.
    Platform: PS4
    CP 405
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ofc we loosing players...if Zo$ would fix the damn lagfest taht we are dealing with for the past 4 years....people would come back actually...whats more frustrating than having balance issues is having balance issues with tons of lags...
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played ESO for more than 10 mins after the day of Dragonbones release.
    I return everytime a new expansion or DLC drop and play for a week or 2 after the release of the DLC depending on the content.Then return back to Modrim and other games .
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Chantclaire
    Chantclaire
    ✭✭✭
    We need a 2man trial like Maelstrom/Dragonstar. This needs to happen, so much fun for us who love to partner up. Seriously would love a 2man Maelstrom arena. If it gave good rewards like VMA then it would keep people around for a fun farm and challenging arena.

I would squeal like a little girl if a 2 man arena was introduced. Just imaging all the hours of fun to be had already and its amazing.
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't have a problem to find players...being a tank helps tremendously with getting into dungeon...but for some reason i always seem to end up with russian parties that i cant understand...and to that i say BORSCHT

i have never played a healer tough, dunno how it is for them...hmm i think i have to make a healer.
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on March 6, 2018 5:47AM
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SWEET! ESO is heading to SINGLEPLAYER!
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote for 2 man content
  • Vaughndaunted
    Vaughndaunted
    ✭✭✭
    Guys I appreciate the feedback. This has been very positive. Ultimately, we have our niche clicks. We all like to get through content with trust worthy people we play with often. It’s a lot to train new people. You never know who’s committed. Guilds taken commitment. Learning does too. I’m not in the mental space and I don’t have the patience to teach one on one anymore. That’s why I post dps vids and how to vids. I have too teir friends who post massive build vids on all mag and Stam builds.

We put the guide out. But then there’s the hard content that needs extreme players. The game needs balancing and obtainable rewards. Thanks ESO for the hard content, trials... etc. but we need 2 man content just as rewarding as VMA and VDSA. As of now, those small scale things are boring. Revamp skyreach like temple run or Mario and make it a push play content where you have to do X amount of things otherwise you die. Fast paced no looking back screen moves if you stand still type of thing. Just a thought. 9 rounds lasting no more than 4 minutes max but they can be completed in 1 minute pending your gear. Like fiords, jail breaker, cowards, etc. make it gear worthly to put non used builds meant for farming or nothing useful. Half the sets ESO puts in the game is trash. Make us use craftable sets like the set that if my health is full it goes to my partner if I heal. Do something fast and fun!!!
    Edited by Vaughndaunted on March 6, 2018 6:39AM
    PS4/PS5 NA
    Master Crafter
    End Gamer
    9+ years playing ESO
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JungleBoot wrote: »
    Remember ESOA is there to listen. Come to our coach and let your troubles flow away. :p

Anything for Monday patch day blues? :D
    Takes forever to login after patches
    Edited by Tasear on March 6, 2018 6:39AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes OP...I don't what you are doing, but I usually end up with too many people to play with.
  • Vaughndaunted
    Vaughndaunted
    ✭✭✭
    @teaser 3 Years of playing. We need non dps activity. Put other armor sets to use. Speed builds where orcs are king as sorcs. Make it fun. Racing. Give us more fun content. Swimming challenges, something. Idk. I don’t want to give up 3 Years, but give us something fun. Horse racing. Something.
    PS4/PS5 NA
    Master Crafter
    End Gamer
    9+ years playing ESO
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @teaser 3 Years of playing. We need non dps activity. Put other armor sets to use. Speed builds where orcs are king as sorcs. Make it fun. Racing. Give us more fun content. Swimming challenges, something. Idk. I don’t want to give up 3 Years, but give us something fun. Horse racing. Something.

I agree

@ZOS_RichLambert think about it. ;)
  • Vaughndaunted
    Vaughndaunted
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. They’re so focused on breaking dps by adding ridiculous mechanics drivin by health percentages of bosses. They need to have something relaxing on a Sunday. They need to add farming on mounts. Add mount wars. Where your type of mount grants you certain bonuses. Do something ESO. Give us fun. You have all these special mounts with nothing. I’ve mounts should slow another mount that bumps it. Etc... use me and my ideas for mount racing.
    PS4/PS5 NA
    Master Crafter
    End Gamer
    9+ years playing ESO
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trial group finding tool would be useful. And solving the lag, latency and performance problems...
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the game caters to the casual i have seen an awful lot of original players leaving, numbers wise is about the same, just new players replacing the old.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need sort of vertical progression besides the horizontal one.

We have too much mechanics on the newer dungeons . The mechanics count more than player skill. ( I am not against them but looking in chat and see "looking for group vet pledges non DLC " every day prove that 90% of the player base don't do the DLC plegdes .

BOP in trials made them only for organized Guilds . I think only a very small percentage ( 3-5% of the player base ) do them regularly.

I understand that eso fashion is interesting and fun but this is not Guild Wars 2 . ESO was advertised as a PVP centric MMO ( the story and trailers prove that ) Many people left pvp because the servers can't handle large population,because of lag, loading screens and so on...Also ZOS quit implementing the advertised justice system in all its aspects announced before.

I hope to have a real player guild system with levels, tasks, activities. I hope to have more incentive to the achievement system and pvp.

ESO is the best MMO right now ..but could be better .

I hope ZOS will bring back Paul Sage to make team with Matt . This will be a real success ...for ESO

Anyway, ESO is not losing population..I see plenty of people in every zone.

English is not my native language.
This discussion has been closed.