Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Going rogue in PvP

Quantum_V
Quantum_V
Class Representative
Hey guys,

What do you guys think about an option that would allow you to go rogue in Cyrodiil? With that I mean you're able to attack anyone apart from your group members, but still fight players from every faction and other rogue groups. Lets discuss this a bit further:

Some mechanics that I think should be added with this option to make it fit in the game properly.
  • Once you set yourself as rogue, you'll only be able to effectively go rogue once you respawn OR you have to queue as rogue before joining Cyrodiil.
    This will prevent people from turning rogue in the middle of a group and bombing them immediately, for example.
  • Rogue groups are unable to take keeps/objectives
    This change should be made so the fluidity of AvAvA is not affected by these new groups
  • Rogue groups should be capped at a certain number, maybe 4 people?
    Again, this is supposed to maintain the fluidity of AvAvA. Keeping rogue groups small will make it harder for them to stop siege lines or interrupting Alliance groups movement across the map.
  • Maybe allow players to go rogue to PvP with friends from other alliances.

What do you guys think? Let me know!

Thanks,

Quantum
Edited by Quantum_V on February 21, 2018 4:03PM
Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This would be a lot of fun, I think. Two things come immediately to mind:

- This is one of the few ways to increase population size in Cyrodiil without increasing zerg size (and without necessarily increasing population in high-lag areas like the hills between Bleakers and Chalman).
    - This seems like a basic lore-friendly addition to Cyrodiil. Why shouldn't our characters be able to eschew faction loyalty and fight for personal profit etc.? We already do this in Battlegrounds.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a free for all IC type area, pve-p would be cool.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is one of those perennial suggestions that looks like it would be a ton of fun, but I doubt would play out as intended.

It would be pretty funny a low-pop campaign is 3/4 "rogue" groups and nobody can flip keeps, for instance. Maybe a rogue queue for campaigns that keeps rogue groups to 1/10th the overall population or something? And you can queue in as your faction, then queue as rogue if you are waiting? Idk.

Could rogue groups use seige (against players)? If so, which faction siege? and where do they buy it, if they are persona non grata in their own alliance? And where do they spawn? Minor questions, but ones worth considering.

I really don't see it (or any other major change to overland cyrodiil) happening, though. It took what, 2 years to get flags in towns as our big revamp?

One idea that I've always thought about, when these threads come up, is what if it was a consumable-based thing? Like, as part of campaign rewards, you get a 1-5 hour "rogue" tabard or something. Make it tradable, so loyalist PvPers can make some gold selling them to those who want to rogue all the time, and it keeps the overall population of "rogue" groups down enough to not really effect the campaign.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    My #1 wish so /signed
    I doubt they will implement it tho. So many good suggestions for cyro in the forums since the game launched and it seems that cyro is way down the priority list.
    Edited by Fasold666 on February 21, 2018 10:19PM
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea but I feel with everything they have done alrdy and how the game designed, it wouldn't really work.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would there be to do as a rogue? The only thing I can think of is equal-opportunity bombing and ganking. Maybe equal opportunity resource farming?

Once you take away the ability to accomplish the campaign objectives, all the rogues can really do is feed off of what the organized guilds and PUGs are doing. Just now, it'd be equal-opportunity feeding, which I guess is the point?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where would you respawn?
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    if rogue can attack any faction then they'd have to be "kill on sight" to all faction npcs in cyrodiil and unable to enter any keep/outpost
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. It would just create 'griefer' zergs.
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Where would you respawn?

in the villages/towns for example
    Edited by Fasold666 on February 21, 2018 11:47PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please, make it so that imperial npcs wont attack you but rather fight with you. If there is an emp, make it so that the "rogue faction" can take keeps too and even emp
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Yes please, make it so that imperial npcs wont attack you but rather fight with you. If there is an emp, make it so that the "rogue faction" can take keeps too and even emp

Then that's just a fourth faction.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fasold666 wrote: »
    Leandor wrote: »
    Where would you respawn?

in the villages/towns for example

Maybe the ones that don't have capturable flags and grant campaign points and faction res points. Finally a use for Cheydinhal and Chorrol.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love it. Group size capped at 4 sounds fine. An AP handicap of maybe 50% might also be necessary to encourage alliance loyalty and playing the map properly.

I see no reason why these groups couldn't capture objectives though. Emperorship and leaderboards should be disabled however.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Love it. Group size capped at 4 sounds fine. An AP handicap of maybe 50% might also be necessary to encourage alliance loyalty and playing the map properly.

I see no reason why these groups couldn't capture objectives though. Emperorship and leaderboards should be disabled however.

I dont think they should be able to capture objective. They arent a cohesive fourth faction, so why should they get to mess with the faction scoring system?
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    Maybe there are like 3 or 4 spawn points around the map where rogues can respawn? I don't think going rogue should be incentivised too much so giving them only 3 spawn points might be a good way to avoid people from wanting to go rogue all the time.
    What would there be to do as a rogue? The only thing I can think of is equal-opportunity bombing and ganking. Maybe equal opportunity resource farming?

Once you take away the ability to accomplish the campaign objectives, all the rogues can really do is feed off of what the organized guilds and PUGs are doing. Just now, it'd be equal-opportunity feeding, which I guess is the point?

Honestly, the point is just to get some good fights. The reason some players go into Cyrodiil is to get some outnumbered fights - which sometimes is not an easy task when theres hords of your own faction running around. Being able to fight every faction will make it so rogue groups/players can promote small scale fights. I honestly just don't see a reason to why not doing it.

Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this would simply be abused. and there is already a location to attack your own faction: battlegrounds.
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    this would simply be abused. and there is already a location to attack your own faction: battlegrounds.

Would you mind to elaborate? How would it be abused?

Battleground are NOWHERE near the dynamics of openworld pvp - I don't think that comparison can be established.
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

I dont think they should be able to capture objective. They arent a cohesive fourth faction, so why should they get to mess with the faction scoring system?

Because if they control an objective, then the three cohesive factions do not control it. Why should one receive score points for an objective which they do not control?

I'd like to play as a rogue so that I can kill @Quantum_V in Cyrodiil and tbag him. <3
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rogues are strictly for ERP confirmed?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This actually sounds pretty damn fun for small scale stuff.

Maybe also add a limit for rouges to use siege as well, to really emphasise the low impact play.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »
    Hey guys,

What do you guys think about an option that would allow you to go rogue in Cyrodiil? With that I mean you're able to attack anyone apart from your group members, but still fight players from every faction and other rogue groups. Lets discuss this a bit further:

Some mechanics that I think should be added with this option to make it fit in the game properly.
    • Once you set yourself as rogue, you'll only be able to effectively go rogue once you respawn OR you have to queue as rogue before joining Cyrodiil.
      This will prevent people from turning rogue in the middle of a group and bombing them immediately, for example.
    • Rogue groups are unable to take keeps/objectives
      This change should be made so the fluidity of AvAvA is not affected by these new groups
    • Rogue groups should be capped at a certain number, maybe 4 people?
      Again, this is supposed to maintain the fluidity of AvAvA. Keeping rogue groups small will make it harder for them to stop siege lines or interrupting Alliance groups movement across the map.
    • Maybe allow players to go rogue to PvP with friends from other alliances.

What do you guys think? Let me know!

Thanks,

Quantum

This would be super fun and I wholeheartedly endorse it. Also, extreme lol thinking about the wild-ass bugs that ZoS would accidentally introduce if they tried something like this.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be factionless, but I don't think ZOS will ever implement this sort of stuff since pretty much every good player would set themselves as rogue to farm pugs of every faction as opposed to just two. ZOS wants to force good groups to be on the same side as inexperienced players so that the inexperienced players have a better chance of winning. Lowering the ceiling, raising the floor, etc.
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on February 22, 2018 1:53AM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Suggestions like this has been whispered about ingame, would be pretty awsome.
    EU | PC
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you cant seriously tell me with all the whining about players in cyrodiil now that this wouldnt be abused somehow?
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

you cant seriously tell me with all the whining about players in cyrodiil now that this wouldnt be abused somehow?

This doesn't answer his question.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A factionless group of rogues can't accomplish anything of value in Cyrodiil while "looking for good fights".

What they can do is:
    Bomb everyone
    Gank anyone
    Vulture and try to pick off players fighting for objectives
    Sit on a resource and farm PUGs for hours
    Whine and complain about how they can't take on a Zerg with only four players
    Claim to be the best small scale group around and pat themselves on the back for "finding good fights"

So its sort of like certain players we all recognize from our own factions, but now they get to fight and kill all factions instead.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How I think this could realistically work:
    • Rogue is a status that you can apply as an option on queuing to Cyro
    • On selecting Rogue, that character is rogue for 24 hours.
    • Everything is your enemy unless they are grouped with you
    • AP gained as Rogue does not count towards a homed leaderboard
    • The 'Rogue popcap' is half that of a current alliances popcap
    • Joining and leaving rogue groups should be fluid experiences, but only possible inside Cyro
    • Being Rogue, you do not have a zone chat, you are on your own, or with a group
    • Rogue spawn points (possibly 12-16 positions scattered around the map) are random, and not selectable
    • If you die, alone, you will randomly spawn at one of these destinations after a timed cooldown like BGs
    • If you are in a group, you'll be given the same Resurrection timer, before being randomly respawned

With these conditions in place, you are going into Cyro as a Rogue, you are on your own. You can't group queue, you can't do zone pickups, if you want to have a Rogue group, it would have to be an organised effort. There won't be a quickslot menu for inviting people if they are an enemy in Cyro, so if you wanted to add a fellow Rogue to a group, it would have to be via the Party menu.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see something like this! There have been many times where I wish I could kill my fellow EP players :p

Also really like @Ghostbane 's suggestions
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    How I think this could realistically work:
    • Rogue is a status that you can apply as an option on queuing to Cyro
    • On selecting Rogue, that character is rogue for 24 hours.
    • Everything is your enemy unless they are grouped with you
    • AP gained as Rogue does not count towards a homed leaderboard
    • The 'Rogue popcap' is half that of a current alliances popcap
    • Joining and leaving rogue groups should be fluid experiences, but only possible inside Cyro
    • Being Rogue, you do not have a zone chat, you are on your own, or with a group
    • Rogue spawn points (possibly 12-16 positions scattered around the map) are random, and not selectable
    • If you die, alone, you will randomly spawn at one of these destinations after a timed cooldown like BGs
    • If you are in a group, you'll be given the same Resurrection timer, before being randomly respawned

With these conditions in place, you are going into Cyro as a Rogue, you are on your own. You can't group queue, you can't do zone pickups, if you want to have a Rogue group, it would have to be an organised effort. There won't be a quickslot menu for inviting people if they are an enemy in Cyro, so if you wanted to add a fellow Rogue to a group, it would have to be via the Party menu.

As basically every good group would do it, no PuG groups would form (because they would get farmed before reaching a certain amount of players), leaving Cyrodiil deserted, with the rogue groups stealth gatecamping all three factions.
    Edited by Thraben on February 22, 2018 1:06PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.