The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bleed

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    “People” implies more than one person though doesn’t it?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

You are welcome to explore the older threads.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

You sound like about the whiniest player I've ever seen on these forums. Even your signature makes me cringe. Please uninstall.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You sound like about the whiniest player I've ever seen on these forums. Even your signature makes me cringe. Please uninstall.

Nah
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is OP constantly referring to bleeds as “free” proc damage? Is he actually confusing the Bleed damage type with something else? Is he maybe actually just talking about the Master/Asylum (cant remember which) DW buff to Blood Craze? Is he that ****?

And lastly, in case above is wrong, and OP is just plain bad at the game; Bleed effects are already scaled correctly. They deal LESS damage than other skils, to outweigh the resistance ignoring. They only perform better than other skills against heavy armor targets.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slot rapid regen if you can't handle bleeds with extended ritual alone.

I won't change my build becouse something isn't balanced

This comment is perfect summary showing why it's worthless to even talk with OP. He doesnt want to adapt he just want to play as he wants and everything around beeing adapted to his playstyle.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Why is OP constantly referring to bleeds as “free” proc damage? Is he actually confusing the Bleed damage type with something else? Is he maybe actually just talking about the Master/Asylum (cant remember which) DW buff to Blood Craze? Is he that ****?

And lastly, in case above is wrong, and OP is just plain bad at the game; Bleed effects are already scaled correctly. They deal LESS damage than other skils, to outweigh the resistance ignoring. They only perform better than other skills against heavy armor targets.

Take an axe. Light attack. Bleed chance
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

This comment is perfect summary showing why it's worthless to even talk with OP. He doesnt want to adapt he just want to play as he wants and everything around beeing adapted to his playstyle.

It's not adaptation. it's unfairness
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    OP's sig tells me he doesn't know what he's talking about and or just a troll, either way I can disregard his posts with a clear conscience
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about nerfs but only a moron would call bleeds weak.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well lets maybe talk then about unfaif combo of extended ritual+Honor the Dead ? Dont You think it's much bigger unfairness how immortal You can be because of that even if someone is constantly applying bleeds ? And if You are not then it's just L2P issue.

Also how can You tell it's not about adaptation if You didnt tried to adapt preffering instead whining ? :lol:
    Edited by Juhasow on February 20, 2018 5:13PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He's wrong and right at the same time. He's right because slotting resto to place mutagen means you have to give up eitger dual weld or snb which synergize with Templar better AND you have to give up a skill slot to slot an effective hot in addition to slotting purge. It really messes with build setups.

He's wrong because the correct step isn't to nerf bleeds, it's to buff magplar by giving them an actual HoT. Most of the magplar kit has heals over two seconds not one seconds, making it harder to soak up dots purge can't remove. Turning these spells to actually tick over 1 second, would help defend magplars against bleeds.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No -- There Will Be Blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5d9BrLN5K4

Pro tip for magplars, your class purge removes more effects than the total number of bleeds that exist in this game, and it should be on your bar already anyway. Just sayin - you have a button for this buddy.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

Pro tip for magplars, your class purge removes more effects than the total number of bleeds that exist in this game, and it should be on your bar already anyway. Just sayin - you have a button for this buddy.

That cleanse costs more then any stamina ability i can think of
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Judging by your signature you don't know a ton, but you do know some things so I can work with that! Bleeds are a very fun effect for stamina, it is unique to Axes and stamina skills. Bleeds in PvP go through shields which I personally can see as being problematic seeing as they already ignore resistances. However nerfing bleeds would effect PvE more than it would PvP due to the fact DoTs are better in PvE
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well lets maybe talk then about unfaif combo of extended ritual+Honor the Dead ? Dont You think it's much bigger unfairness how immortal You can be because of that even if someone is constantly applying bleeds ? And if You are not then it's just L2P issue.

Also how can You tell it's not about adaptation if You didnt tried to adapt preffering instead whining ? :lol:

Let's count:

3.5k (optimal cost of cleansing)+ 2k (optimal with the mag return) heal
    vs
    Free spammable bleed.

Whatcha say?
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    Judging by your signature you don't know a ton, but you do know some things so I can work with that! Bleeds are a very fun effect for stamina, it is unique to Axes and stamina skills. Bleeds in PvP go through shields which I personally can see as being problematic seeing as they already ignore resistances. However nerfing bleeds would effect PvE more than it would PvP due to the fact DoTs are better in PvE

So your fun is best then balance?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, what ppl are saying is your are clearly far from being an arbiter of balance. I can’t believe ppl are still entertaining a thread with a magplar complaining about bleeds. Here’s a tip: you’re not supposed to spam purge. You use it selectively to foil a burst combo and then heal up and go offensive. A build that is stacked into dot damage cannot kill (decent opponents) without lining everything up. You are better equipped than any class in the game to prevent that from happening, and that’s why ppl think this post is a joke.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wait so you're saying that magplars, such as the OP, have an ability that easily gets rid of five different negative effects at one time, including any bleeds? WOW, that sounds like an amazing skill to slot to completely counter these bleeds. Oh, if only OP had read his skill descriptions before deciding to post in the forums.

Quick, someone check if OP has a thread complaining about all the fire DoTs on them when fighting MagDK's, I think we've discovered a solution! No need to nerf anything, just learn to play! Oh happy day!
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

No, what ppl are saying is your are clearly far from being an arbiter of balance. I can’t believe ppl are still entertaining a thread with a magplar complaining about bleeds. Here’s a tip: you’re not supposed to spam purge. You use it selectively to foil a burst combo and then heal up and go offensive. A build that is stacked into dot damage cannot kill (decent opponents) without lining everything up. You are better equipped than any class in the game to prevent that from happening, and that’s why ppl think this post is a joke.

I didn't say remove it, or make it usless. I said nerf it
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait so you're saying that magplars, such as the OP, have an ability that easily gets rid of five different negative effects at one time, including any bleeds? WOW, that sounds like an amazing skill to slot to completely counter these bleeds. Oh, if only OP had read his skill descriptions before deciding to post in the forums.

Quick, someone check if OP has a thread complaining about all the fire DoTs on them when fighting MagDK's, I think we've discovered a solution! No need to nerf anything, just learn to play! Oh happy day!

that ability does cost more then any stamina ability i can think of. And doesn't heal you more then 1k every 2 seconds. It's utility, and it's there becouse a templar DIES without it
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf bleeds? damn, i would buff them to hit through absorb shields too. How can a magical absorption shield cover the caster's body bleeding. Bleeds deal pretty low dmg too i think. Some good tank won't die from ur bleeds will just passively outheal them.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    nerf bleeds? damn, i would buff them to hit through absorb shields too. How can a magical absorption shield cover the caster's body bleeding. Bleeds deal pretty low dmg too i think. Some good tank won't die from ur bleeds will just passively outheal them.

Your axe has to hit the body to cause bleeding in the first place :wink:
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AHA! So it IS on your bar. Try pressing it, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to find out: you’re playing the hard counter to bleed builds already. Just trying to help you out here mate.

Ps. Rapids is a stam skill. The more you know!

• Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AHA! So it IS on your bar. Try pressing it, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to find out: you’re playing the hard counter to bleed builds already. Just trying to help you out here mate.

Actually no. You die spamming cleanse on bleeds.

Let me show you how strategy works:

Bleed cost=0
    Cleanse=3.5k mag

Applies bleed. Cleanse. (-3.5k mag)
    Fight, due to weapon abilities of DW applies, bashing and ligh attacking-->Bleed. IF cleanse (-3.5k mag)
    Repeat.

In 5 seconds of fight i lost 15k mag on cleansing bleeds. Not healing myself while my opponent didn't have to spend a single stamina for them
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

Take an axe. Light attack. Bleed chance

Ahaha, really? You are a templar (i have no clue who you are, but based on the thread) and you are complaining about the (8-16%chance) Proc for DW/2H bleed passive. If ever there was a time to say it, this is it.

L2P
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually no. You die spamming cleanse on bleeds.

Let me show you how strategy works:

Bleed cost=0
    Cleanse=3.5k mag

Applies bleed. Cleanse. (-3.5k mag)
    Fight, due to weapon abilities of DW applies, bashing and ligh attacking-->Bleed. IF cleanse (-3.5k mag)
    Repeat.

In 5 seconds of fight i lost 15k mag on cleansing bleeds. Not healing myself while my opponent didn't have to spend a single stamina for them

Youre referring exclusively to the WW bleed based on your presented understanding as to how you assume bleed works, as there's no free bleed that can out proc purge and still do significant damage. The others have an 8-16% proc chance, significantly less dmg, so they won't kill you if you're not naked and/or use purge at least once in the fight. I won't make a comment on the WW bleed being OP or not as I do not know its mechanics & dmg scaling-- but I don't suppose anything's going to stop you from QQ'ing about bleed overall at this point since you've established you're not going to hit your one-button counter to the playstyle on moral grounds - kek.

I'd offer you a hug, but I'm afraid you might die from blood loss if I squeeze too hard.
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭

In other words, "bleeds counter my build, bleeds op"
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to add: L2p.
    Edited by Speed_Kills on February 20, 2018 8:05PM
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly only one thing needs to be changed:

Undead are immune to bleeding damage

This is TES universe, and Undead have NEVER in the lore history of the game been vulnerable to bleeding damage. Undead literally have no blood to bleed. So if your vampire you should be immune to bleeding just like Argonians are immunue to the Diseased and Poisoned Status effect, Dark Elves are immune to the Burning Status effect, and Bosmer are immune to the Diseased and Poisoned Status effect.

If Vampires/Undead are going to be weak to fire and Dawnbreaker(which by lore is accurate) then they most certainly should be immune to bleeding.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak