The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

40k on a test dummy?

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    @Shantue

Your stats seem a bit off, are you running tri-stat food? Also your spell dmg is pretty low so I would assume no gold weapon, spell power buff or spell dmg enchant proc?

Try running witchmothers potent brew (max health/magicka and magicka regen), one health enchant on your chest and the rest all max magicka. You should have decent health with a pet up.

It also helps to run 5 light, 1 medium and 1 heavy for the undaunted passive that gives 6% health/magicka/stamina.

Maybe you can download the Superstar addon so we can see all your stats, gear and CP. It would really help to see where you could use improvement.

P.S. Dont give up hope, there are a lot of skilled players willing to help so you’ll get there eventually.

Heretofore I haven't been very disciplined in dungeons, go a little helter-skelter, and run low on magicka so I was putting magicka recover on my jewelry. After replacing all with Spell Damage here are my stats:

Stats.jpg

Toon is a High Elf Sorcerer (see stats below). Food is tri-stat (4462 health and magicka, 4105 Stamina for 2 hours). Haven't got the Undaunted passives yet on this toon. Buffed with Power Surge IV. I know I need monster gear, but put me in a vet dungeon and I usually embarrass myself :smile:

Superstar:
    Superstar.jpg

Yesterday worked on all day rotation until I was cross-eyed. Sill can only manage about 12K with an occasional short peak at 16K. Still have a long way to go before this is smooth. I'm trying different rotations, but basically:

Back bar
    Light attack (LA)
    Power Surge (only every 4 times)
    LA
    Liquid Lightening
    LA
    Elemental Blockade
    Swap to Front bar

LA
    Force Pulse (with anim canceling via Block)
    Heavy Attack (while executing I add Endless Fury)
    Once HA is finished, Endless Fury executes, anim canceld with Block)
    LA
    LA
    Swap to back bar

LA
    Liquid Lightening
    LA
    Elemental Blockade
    Swap to Front bar
    Etc...

Have no idea how some can get high dsp with just a heavy attack :neutral:

With this current setup I can only see myself hitting about 16k if I perfect the rotation. Not giving up. :smile:
    Some small observations and tips:
    - Drop twice born star. It really isn't a good set. Quite crap actually. A lot better to go 5 julianos + 5 spinners + 2 random gold staves if you cannot get dungeon gear.
    - Dont run tristat food. That is only for tanks. Witchmothers brew is better since you get more regen, which in turn makes it easier to keep your rotation going.
    - Take spell power mundus.
    - Use spell power + spell crit + restore magicka potion on cooldown. Your crit is way too low at 32%. The above potion + julianos set will increase your dps by quite a bit.
    - Make your inferno staff infused and enchant it with a gold glyph that increases spell and weapon dmg.
    - You have 0 points into master at arms. I would put in a few points in there so your light attacks and spammable will hit harder.
    - Get rid of the 1 medium and 1 heavy piece. You really don't need those stats in pve. Getting 2 extra light will get you more regen and cost reduction which are more of a help in my opinion as far as dps is concerned.
    - You are missing some core skills as well... no curse? No frags? These are basic sorc dps skills. No wonder you're not breaking 12k.

I think if you apply the above things you will start noticing some improvement in your dps.
    Edited by Koensol on February 19, 2018 10:48PM
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    @Shantue

Your stats seem a bit off, are you running tri-stat food? Also your spell dmg is pretty low so I would assume no gold weapon, spell power buff or spell dmg enchant proc?

Try running witchmothers potent brew (max health/magicka and magicka regen), one health enchant on your chest and the rest all max magicka. You should have decent health with a pet up.

It also helps to run 5 light, 1 medium and 1 heavy for the undaunted passive that gives 6% health/magicka/stamina.

Maybe you can download the Superstar addon so we can see all your stats, gear and CP. It would really help to see where you could use improvement.

P.S. Dont give up hope, there are a lot of skilled players willing to help so you’ll get there eventually.

Heretofore I haven't been very disciplined in dungeons, go a little helter-skelter, and run low on magicka so I was putting magicka recover on my jewelry. After replacing all with Spell Damage here are my stats:

Stats.jpg

Toon is a High Elf Sorcerer (see stats below). Food is tri-stat (4462 health and magicka, 4105 Stamina for 2 hours). Haven't got the Undaunted passives yet on this toon. Buffed with Power Surge IV. I know I need monster gear, but put me in a vet dungeon and I usually embarrass myself :smile:

Superstar:
    Superstar.jpg

Yesterday worked on all day rotation until I was cross-eyed. Sill can only manage about 12K with an occasional short peak at 16K. Still have a long way to go before this is smooth. I'm trying different rotations, but basically:

Back bar
    Light attack (LA)
    LA
    Liquid Lightening
    LA
    Elemental Blockade
    Swap to Front bar

LA
    LA
    LA
    Swap to back bar

LA
    Liquid Lightening
    LA
    Elemental Blockade
    Swap to Front bar
    Etc...

With this current setup I can only see myself hitting about 16k if I perfect the rotation. Not giving up. :smile:

Twice born star isn't really a viable set anymore with the needs to crit. I'd swap for Julianos. A decent easy setup would be julianos, willpower and a monster set like ilambris or even the one with the dumb dinosaur.
    As for your low Dps, you don't need both surge and entropy as they do the same thing. And surge has a long duration so it's a dps loss to cast it on every rotation. Consider adding in other abilities like curse and crystal frag. Or do one of those easy builds with pets. Only use endless fury under 20% health. Use it instead of force pulse when executing. Activate surge pre fight then light attack weave in between everything starting with liquid lightning, blockade, bar swap curse, then force pulse x3 using crystal frag when it procs the repeat.
    Or for the pet build thing, liquid lightning, blockade, activate volatile familiar, bar swap, curse, lightning heavy attack, repeat. Doesn't get easier than that. Good luck
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Yes, I'd be interested to see details, as well.
    Mind you, "your own meta" is already a wrong use of what is typically meant with that term.
    And as said above, slotting Sap or Expert Hunter is a sacrifice, as is a five piece. It'll show in the numbers.
    It's only "wrong" if you think +-0.25% is the difference between meta and trash ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Yes, I'd be interested to see details, as well.
    Mind you, "your own meta" is already a wrong use of what is typically meant with that term.
    And as said above, slotting Sap or Expert Hunter is a sacrifice, as is a five piece. It'll show in the numbers.
    It's only "wrong" if you think +-0.25% is the difference between meta and trash ...
    rolleyes.gif

Providing your own Brutality and Savagery isn't just a -/+ 0.25% DPS difference though.

Nobody cares that you do it, pretty sure everybody does when they're running easy content, lets not pretend the different is that small though.
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, you are. tho if you need help, I play PC-NA, pm me if u feel like changing your destiny @Shantu
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Some small observations and tips:
    - Drop twice born star. It really isn't a good set. Quite crap actually. A lot better to go 5 julianos + 5 spinners + 2 random gold staves if you cannot get dungeon gear.
    - Dont run tristat food. That is only for tanks. Witchmothers brew is better since you get more regen, which in turn makes it easier to keep your rotation going.
    - Take spell power mundus.
    - Use spell power + spell crit + restore magicka potion on cooldown. Your crit is way too low at 32%. The above potion + julianos set will increase your dps by quite a bit.
    - Make your inferno staff infused and enchant it with a gold glyph that increases spell and weapon dmg.
    - You have 0 points into master at arms. I would put in a few points in there so your light attacks and spammable will hit harder.
    - Get rid of the 1 medium and 1 heavy piece. You really don't need those stats in pve. Getting 2 extra light will get you more regen and cost reduction which are more of a help in my opinion as far as dps is concerned.
    - You are missing some core skills as well... no curse? No frags? These are basic sorc dps skills. No wonder you're not breaking 12k.

I think if you apply the above things you will start noticing some improvement in your dps. [/quote]
    ryanborror wrote: »
    Twice born star isn't really a viable set anymore with the needs to crit. I'd swap for Julianos. A decent easy setup would be julianos, willpower and a monster set like ilambris or even the one with the dumb dinosaur.
    As for your low Dps, you don't need both surge and entropy as they do the same thing. And surge has a long duration so it's a dps loss to cast it on every rotation. Consider adding in other abilities like curse and crystal frag. Or do one of those easy builds with pets. Only use endless fury under 20% health. Use it instead of force pulse when executing. Activate surge pre fight then light attack weave in between everything starting with liquid lightning, blockade, bar swap curse, then force pulse x3 using crystal frag when it procs the repeat.
    Or for the pet build thing, liquid lightning, blockade, activate volatile familiar, bar swap, curse, lightning heavy attack, repeat. Doesn't get easier than that. Good luck

Thanks for the suggestions. Up to now I've been pretty much a brawler...if I can't melt you in 10 seconds, I'm in trouble. Actually, eliminate mobs with impunity. Unfortunately, brawling doesn't get you far with a 4 mil boss.

I've got a 5 piece set of Gold Juliano on my other Breton Templar toon. It's coupled with some purple War Maiden's gear and jewelry. That toon is considerably more powerful...for 10 seconds :smile: I've read recommendations for the Twice-Born. Nice boost in sustain, but no damage procs. I like the whole 2 mundus thing. Fairs me ok as a brawler. Get all the health and Magicka you can and just blast away. Very little structure to the combat. Just buff up, lay down some dot's, and let things fly. It's was fun. But obviously, if I want to progress I need to rethink some things. Again, thanks for taking the time to look things over, point out, and suggest some areas of improvement. I'm looking forward to trying some of this out. :smile:
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Shantu You can still play the same way if you follow above instructions. Difference is you will do a lot more dps. Basic rule of thumb for PvE dps, and it doesn't get any simpler: Use all (magicka/stamina depending on class) dots at your disposal, and use spammables/heavy attacks in between untill they run out. Then reapply. Use the longer duration ones first so they nicely align with one another. If you waste a GCD with a buff you can also get from a potion or with an ability that doesn't do damage (wards for example) you will lose a lot of dps.
    Edited by Koensol on February 20, 2018 6:53AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    0.25% of 40k DPS is 100 DPS (0.1k DPS).
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Mitoice
    Mitoice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have question... i can do 25-30 k dps on a target dummy WITHOUT using the ultimate....

Are you talking about 40k WITH ultimate??
  • Mitoice
    Mitoice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have question... i can do 25-30 k dps on a target dummy WITHOUT using the ultimate....

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mitoice wrote: »

Yes, these are with ultimates. What's the point of parsing without ultis?
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ultimates usually give me 2-3k, not 10
    Edited by Vahrokh on February 21, 2018 2:23AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Shantu I love your attitude :)

If you can post a dps parse from combat metrics I'm sure people can help more.

Everyone giving you tips about gear is correct, but it's not the biggest issue you have.

You're messing up your light attack weaving. 100%.
    Stop block cancelling, you don't need it.

In altmer mag sorc with max CP wearing purple, cp150, non set gear can get 15k.

your gear is not the biggest problem.
    you're not going to solve your problem by switching gear or food.

You need to fix your light attack weaving.
    This is what you need to do:
    Light attack weave force pulse 10 times. That's a light attack followed immediately with force pulse.
    Stop combat.
    Open the combat metrics break down and you should see 10 light attack hits and 10 force pulse hits.
    Repeat this as many times as required.

Once you've got that nailed do it with your rotation. Count how many light attacks you should have in your rotation and check the number in your combat metrics.
    Don't worry about killing the skelly or your dps.
    Just do 1 rotation and check metrics.
    Repeat until you have the timing right.

If you are getting this right you'll be well over 20k dps.

Now you can worry about your gear.
    Edited by Tannus15 on February 21, 2018 4:25AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tannus15 as much as I wanna take credit for an awesome attitude, I think you got my post mixed with OP's :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Don't get your hopes too high.
    In this game, regardless of gear and CP, you get:

- sub 20k DPS people
    - sub 30k DPS people
    - 40k and above people.

Going from one step to the next is simple to some - even with bad gear - and impossible to the most. Gear, weaving etc. help, but that accounts for 3-4k, not 10-15k.

It's totally possible and witnessed to see people with identical build and gear (and high CPs), using the same rotation and still some stay below 20k DPS even with trial gear and vMA staff.
    Most hang at about 25-27k. and NEVER go above that (solo parse).
    Then there's a sort of "magic hole" and the next you meet, are the 37k-42k people. Even if they spend a month explaining how they do that, you won't be able to replicate their performance and that's it.

Oy.

OP, do not listen to this fatalist nonsense.

Those categories are better stated as:

- people who don't practice at all
    - people who practice a little bit
    - people who practice a lot

And the right gear (and glyphs and potions and poisons and CP) along with weaving will easily make a 5-10k difference for some people.

this guy's got it. practice practice practice. drop 300k gold on pots and parse for hours.

Or practice with some cheap sustain setup like seducer and use trashpots until your rotation is fluid and then spend money on proper pots.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tannus15 as much as I wanna take credit for an awesome attitude, I think you got my post mixed with OP's :)

You're right, thanks. Your attitude is great too!
    I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

Yes, these are with ultimates. What's the point of parsing without ultis?

If you're just practising it's fine to just not use ulti's, saves having to build up to 500 ulti every time. Save that for when you want to show off the parse to your vet trial guild. I know my destro ulti will hit for ~3.5k DPS depending on my crit luck so I just add that on top.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Getting close to that 35k mark on my ranged Magplar:
    2r257ad.png

Anybody have any tips on how to get better from here? I've sort of plateaued around the 32-34k mark now.

I'm running inferno front bar Mechanical Acuity (infused shock damage), 4x IA, Illambris and vMA lightning back bar (nirnhorned spell damage glyph). Apprentice mundus stone

If the Channel Focus buff is down:
    HA > Blockade > LA > Shards > LA > Channeled Focus > Swap
    LA > Purifying Light > LA > Vampire's Bane > LA > Clench > Swap

If the Channel Focus buff is up:
    HA > Blockade > LA > Shards > Swap
    LA > Purifying Light > LA > Vampire's Bane > LA > Clench > LA > Clench > Swap

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tannus15 out of curiosity how quickly do you do 10 light attacks and 10 force pulse?
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    @Tannus15 out of curiosity how quickly do you do 10 light attacks and 10 force pulse?

Active time for me was 13 seconds for 10 and 10 with 270 latency (australia) just now.

I only get around 32k on my mag sorc. I'll keep working at it.

unknown.png
    Edited by Tannus15 on February 21, 2018 6:20AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Shantue

Stats.jpg

Superstar:
    Superstar.jpg

Back bar
    Light attack (LA)
    LA
    Liquid Lightening
    LA
    Elemental Blockade
    Swap to Front bar

LA
    LA
    LA
    Swap to back bar

LA
    Liquid Lightening
    LA
    Elemental Blockade
    Swap to Front bar
    Etc...

Thats for the superstar overview, it gives a lot of useful info.

There are a couple things you'd want to change.

Important > Food: get Witchmothers Potent Brew, if you run out of magicka your dps will go down because you cannot cast skills.

Potions: get spell powers potions, it helps a lot with sustain because Power Surge isnt cheap to cast.

Gear: replace TBS with Julianos since you already have the gold staffs.
    I would always go for 5/1/1 on a magicka build for the 6% health/magicka/stamina.

Enchants: on your lightning staff you want weapon/spell dmg glyph, this increases spell dmg by 348 for 5 seconds. Wall of Elements procs the enchant, even when you're on your front bar.

Animation cancelling: dont need to block cancel skills. Try to weave light attacks between skills. Barswap cancel Wall and heavy attack.

If you run Force Pulse I would always slot Cfrags because it does a lot of dmg for a low amount of magicka when it procs.

Like others have said, practice weaving light attacks with Force Pulse.
    You can get a 320k health Precursor target dummy from the Clockwork City which is perfect for practicing weaving.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys are awesome! Your feedback is really appreciated. :smile:

Big change to my gear, weapon setup, and CP allocation. Here's where I'm at now:
    SS2.jpg

Damage is good. Crit is still low and can't seem to squeeze out anymore what what I currently have. Switched to the Witchmother's Potent Brew. Definitely helps on Magicka regen. I'll try throwing in the spell powers potions when I get better at rotation. Not used to running with 16k health as it's begging for a 1 shot (though Empowered Ward can help offset that).

I hear you guys clearly about rotation, light attack weaving, etc. It's still very much a work in progress. With this setup I can now average about 13-14k (Don't laugh! It's a lot better than 8-9k when I started) but not over a full 3 mil. I'm just working baby steps in 2-3 minute bursts and then evaluating. On stretches where the rotation is good, I can pop about 16k for short periods. Still sucks but it's progress. :smile:

Currently:

Back bar
    Light attack (LA)
    Power Surge (only every 4 times) (canceled)
    LA
    Liquid Lightening (canceled)
    LA
    Elemental Blockade (canceled)
    Swap to Front bar

LA
    Curse (canceled)
    LA
    Force Pulse (canceled)
    LA
    Force Pulse (canceled)
    Heavy

That's about all I can currently execute and keep my Magicka sustained. I'm trying to throwing in Crystal Blast now and then as it does do a lot of damage but seems to get in the way of my meager rotation skills. I'll try leaving out the animation canceling on skills and see what effect it has.

Just read a thread where a guy comes back after being away awhile and easily throws down 52K. I have to fight the urge to put my tail between my legs and limp away to obscurity. :(

I'll get that Precursor target dummy and try to use Combat Metrics to perfect the light weaving as a recommended. Thanks so much! Back to rotation, rotation, and more rotation. :smile:
  • Valdek
    Valdek
    ✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Getting close to that 35k mark on my ranged Magplar:
    2r257ad.png

Anybody have any tips on how to get better from here? I've sort of plateaued around the 32-34k mark now.

I'm stuck on 35-36k on my magplar. I find that I get slightly higher dps with flame vMA on my backbar now but the difference is tiny. I also use moondancer x4 and julianos x5. I've also tried mechanical and illambris and get pretty similar numbers. So frustrating not being able to reach 40k!
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God I'm sick of hearing game demi-gods claiming this is easy. I can trash mobs at 40-60k, kick dolmens and public dungeons solo, do some Craglorn group content solo (yeah, yeah, I know some of you can do this blindfolded), so I've got a few skills, but put be in front of a 3 ml test dummy and I can stand there buffing, de-buffing, laying down DoT's, and blasting with everything I've got while maintaining my resources and can still only manage about 10-12k at most. After 1700+ hours and a couple of DPS toons at 700+ CP, gold gear and staff, decent rotation skills, animation canceling (though I'm not really great at it) and I still comparably suck. Put me a vet dungeon where I'm running around trying to stay alive and my suckage meter goes up even further. As a result, I don't even try vet and any HM content as I'm tired of guys getting pissed and kicking me. Honestly, I'm doing the very best I can, but apparently there's something I'm missing? I have no clue how anyone can get even 20k out of a test dummy let alone maintain that level in a dungeon and/or trial. Am I forever doomed to an ESO life of suckage? :(

All of those things cant be true. The first place to look is your build, as its generally an easier fix. The difference between aboslutely BIS gear and above average BOE/Crafted gear is not nearly what is used to be with a few exceptions (talking perfected Asy staff, and maybe VMA bow/destro staff).

The second place you have to look is rotation. If you are sub 20k in gold gear and 700CP, your rotation needs work! Not trying to criticize, it is what it is. Everyone has their take on what is best, easiest, etc. I am a strong supporter of a double pet, heavy attack, magic sorc build. As of last patch, I think this is the best rotation (certainly was hitting 40k last patch):

https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/the-charged-sorcerer-pve-dps-build/

It is a bit stale, but you could do a lot worse. Sorcs got an effective target dummy nerf due to the changes to off balance, but mid to high 30's should still be doable. There are a lot of different takes on pet sorc, that all land you in the same DPS range, I think this one wins based on simplicity of rotation.
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Can you guys please, please stop showing this guy 3 million dummy burst parses? This is really annoying me, you can't tell someone who is has yet to get into rotations and endgame dps burst parses that completely drain their magicka within 80 seconds.

What he needs is longer videos with sustainable rotations that you can actually fully sustain.

For newer players in trials the magicka drain is usually a lot higher than for experienced players on magicka builds because they tend to shield themselves a lot more. So what they need is a decent buildt that makes it easy to adapt to mechanics, basically an endgame starter build. pet sorcs qualify for that the best because they have a lot of passive damage and can simply heavy attack as a spammable skill..

The rotation that @Liquidpony showed above is probably the best advice in here.

Here's what I do when I want to get a toon trial ready:

1. Conceptualise a build. Look at the duration of damage over time effects, ground aoes and think of the best way to align them.
    2. Fill the gaps with either a spammable skill or heavy attacks.
    3. Stand in front of a centurion dummy and kill it. Only way to see whether what you do is sustainable within a trial and 20 minutes of the same rotation will nail it into your head...

I know you are a big supporter of the 6 million+ dummies, but I do think there is a place for 3 million tests. Most fights dont require you to do 6 million of damage. Sure, if you end the fight completely out of resources, you cheesed it, and yes, a 3 million dummy is easier to cheese. That said, if your rotation does sustain itself (easy to tell with Combat Metrics as you can look at magic regen and magic drain), then you really shouldn't see a lot of difference between 3 and 6 million dummies. Many people, my self included, like to practice on the 3 million. It's faster, less taxing on the fingers, and honestly mimics a real world situation (save a vet trial fights) just as well if not better. I totally hear the cheese argument, but 3 million does not necessarily equal a cheesed parse.

If anyone wants to see the most impressive 6million parse I have ever witnessed, here you go. If you think you have AC/weaving down, this vid will make you question life. This parse is 100% cheese free. haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOH0uQ-Qgbw
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 21, 2018 10:00PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw
    I just fail to breach 40k...
    x'C

I'm sitting at 38k with a couple good crits, but that's it. Tried light Asylum rotations, Alcast's pet rotation, his non-pet rotation, tried 4pc MA, 4pc IA, nAS staff, nothing changes...

Granted, I'm still on CwC, so no Zaan or Super Saiyan Atro, but still... Surely I should get 40k, right?
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are awesome! Your feedback is really appreciated. :smile:

Big change to my gear, weapon setup, and CP allocation. Here's where I'm at now:
    SS2.jpg

Damage is good. Crit is still low and can't seem to squeeze out anymore what what I currently have. Switched to the Witchmother's Potent Brew. Definitely helps on Magicka regen. I'll try throwing in the spell powers potions when I get better at rotation. Not used to running with 16k health as it's begging for a 1 shot (though Empowered Ward can help offset that).

I hear you guys clearly about rotation, light attack weaving, etc. It's still very much a work in progress. With this setup I can now average about 13-14k (Don't laugh! It's a lot better than 8-9k when I started) but not over a full 3 mil. I'm just working baby steps in 2-3 minute bursts and then evaluating. On stretches where the rotation is good, I can pop about 16k for short periods. Still sucks but it's progress. :smile:

Currently:

Back bar
    Light attack (LA)
    Power Surge (only every 4 times) (canceled)
    LA
    Liquid Lightening (canceled)
    LA
    Elemental Blockade (canceled)
    Swap to Front bar

LA
    Curse (canceled)
    LA
    Force Pulse (canceled)
    LA
    Force Pulse (canceled)
    Heavy

That's about all I can currently execute and keep my Magicka sustained. I'm trying to throwing in Crystal Blast now and then as it does do a lot of damage but seems to get in the way of my meager rotation skills. I'll try leaving out the animation canceling on skills and see what effect it has.

Just read a thread where a guy comes back after being away awhile and easily throws down 52K. I have to fight the urge to put my tail between my legs and limp away to obscurity. :(

I'll get that Precursor target dummy and try to use Combat Metrics to perfect the light weaving as a recommended. Thanks so much! Back to rotation, rotation, and more rotation. :smile:

you're doing great already... dont' be discouraged by someone that can hit 50k. Those people are few and far between.
    They also have builds made specifically for getting high numbers on a dummy. Most of those aren't something you would have in a normal trial boss fight.

Just set little goals for yourself. 13-14k now.... aim for 20k. (it'll be easier than you think)
    Then go for 25k. Once you're here, you have enough dps to pull your own weight in craglorn vet trials.

If you want to follow someone elses rotation (that seems to work well for many) i'll link one here...
    https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/the-moondancer-pet-magsorc-pve-build/

You don't need to change your gear for this.. just try swapping some skills. I personally use this setup and hit 37k (she hits 40k but has better gear than me)
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw
    I just fail to breach 40k...
    x'C

I'm sitting at 38k with a couple good crits, but that's it. Tried light Asylum rotations, Alcast's pet rotation, his non-pet rotation, tried 4pc MA, 4pc IA, nAS staff, nothing changes...

Granted, I'm still on CwC, so no Zaan or Super Saiyan Atro, but still... Surely I should get 40k, right?

@Lord-Otto

40k is definitely doable on a sorc in CWC. If everything else is right, I would bet some gold its your swap canceling. I had to really work on that to break 40k. I would personally only do the asylum rotation if you have a perfect staff. Not sure what Alcast suggests as rotations these days. Last rotation I looked at of his was for magic nightbladae. It had all the right skills, but it was a greatly simplified version for the masses, no idea if his sorc rotations are similar.

I have only done 2 dummy parses on pet sorc since the patch (didnt change a thing except to recklessly spend the new CP, no Zaan or anything), my DPS is down about 5k (43k to about 38K).I am sure some tweaking will get that up a bit, but sorcs took a big hit on target dummies (they have have always been inflated) due to the off balance changes this patch. Admittedly, I have moved on to nightblade, so not sure how much time I plan to devote to PVE sorc anymore. It's a clear step behind mNB IMO(assuming they get around to fixing merciless).

If it makes you feel better, I am trying to break 40k on my nightblade on the 6 million (trial build, no cheese), and I keep coming up a few hundred DPS short. Every time I nail the rotation, my crit is just terribile. Haha
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 22, 2018 9:33PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the advice!
    =3

Alcast is using a full heavy attack rotation for pets. Bistat food, double-bar Inner Light and Aegis, no execute, Clench or Pulse/Shock.
    He told me people hit 40k with that.

Ah, well, gonna train a bit. Eases my suffering slightly to see you not having 10k more.
    (^_^)'
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the advice!
    =3

Alcast is using a full heavy attack rotation for pets. Bistat food, double-bar Inner Light and Aegis, no execute, Clench or Pulse/Shock.
    He told me people hit 40k with that.

Ah, well, gonna train a bit. Eases my suffering slightly to see you not having 10k more.
    (^_^)'

@Lord-Otto

On a dummy, I have had the best luck with using both pets. The tormenter is more single target DPS than bound aegis. I also run clench. The rotation I use: LA>LL,LA>EB, Swap Cancel, HA>Familiar, HA>Prey, LA>clench, Swap Cancel, repeat.

Potions and ultimates on cooldown. Pre-fight I hit potions, both pets, elemental susceptibility, ultimate, then begin. I will recast my tormenter every other rotation (with a LA weave) when above 50%.

Also are you running elemental susceptibility? Its better than drain for parsing on a HA build. You dont need the sustain, and you only need to cast it prefight as the buff automatically refreshes.

Another thing you can look at if you have combat metrics or similar available is to see how many Light attacks you are getting. I dont remember the number with a HA build, but a class that does a pure light weave like a mNB should be north of 60 LAs on a 3 million dummy. Edit: Oops, duh, you said you were still CWC, so guessing you are on console.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 22, 2018 10:17PM