The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

40k on a test dummy?

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something that's recently helped me is practising with a Nightblade. With the right gear, skills and rotation you can hit 3 bow procs every 20 seconds. You know you're weaving both quickly and accurately when that happens. That weaving practice will translate well to your other builds. I added a 2k to my DPS on my Magplar after practising on my Magblade, it was just from learning just how quickly I could weave.

Perhaps not something everybody wants to consider doing but I happened to have a fully levelled Magblade already :)
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    @LiquidPony I see two pets I see spell power pots and I'm curious as to how you get minor slayer?

Edit: pets are toggles imo, anything that requires double slots is a toggle

And vMA staff is a trial gear item. vMA is a solo trial

@Waffennacht

I don't have Minor Slayer in that build. I'm using 5 x Necropotence (all purple), 5 x Mechanical Acuity (all purple), 1 x Molag Kena (purple), and vMA staff. No Minor Slayer there.

But anyway ...

https://i.imgur.com/xi0GhTd.jpg

That's with trash pots, no vMA staff (dead gold staff backbar), and just one "toggle" (Volatile Familiar). I believe all of these silly requirements have been met. ;-P

Gear: 5 x Necropotence, 5 x Mechanical Acuity, 1 x Kena, 1 x Netch's Touch backbar (the only dead staff I had on hand)

Front bar: Daedric Curse, Shock Clench, Volatile Familiar, Inner Light, Mage's Wrath. Greater Storm Atro.
    Back bar: Liquid Lightning, Blockade of Storms, Power Surge, Volatile Familiar, Elemental Susceptibility. Destro Ulti.

Same rotation as before:

LA Liquid Lightning, LA Blockade, swap
    LA Curse, HA Clench, HA Pet Pulse, swap
    repeat

I hit 30k on my first attempt. All parses were between 30.5k and 32k.

I then swapped out Necropotence for Netch's Touch, the pet for Bound Aegis, and Daedric Prey for Force Pulse, and hit 30k+ on several attempts with a slightly modified rotation:

LA Force Pulse, LA Force Pulse, LA Force Pulse, HA Clench, swap
    LA Force Pulse, HA Clench, HA Force Pulse, swap
    repeat

CP probably could use optimization as this was all optimized pre-Dragon Bones. Rotations and gear may not be ideal either. Still, 30k no problem with trash pots and no Trials gear and some super-simple rotations that I just made up.

I read the post below yours accidentally and that's where I saw slayer, I was REALLY hoping you wouldn't catch that before I edited my post! Lmfao.

Anyway! Innerlight!!!!!! Jk (kinda) this is what I'm looking for, ty. (It wasn't a challenge, it was an actual request lmfao)

Force Pulse and clench? I haven't tried both together before...

Do you have room for shields on your bar? I would run wrath but I don't have room

Edit: I read it again, no shields. You don't PuG a lot do you? Lol

Edit again: I swear to God I'm gonna do something about auto correct...

You can do more or less 26-27k with trash pots, no vMA staff and a real, non cheese build that includes Surge and Hardened ward.

That's exactly what I pull. Which is kinda the point. Your average PvE player, should only be expected to pull in these numbers and not the 30-40k

Players shouldn't be expected to do 40K in a normal, or regular vet dungeon. If they can its just icing on the cake, Vet DLC dungeons is a whole other ball game tho. Those dungeons require a little more than average DPS to be efficient at doing them if the dps is low, then it is not fun at all to do those dungeons.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    God I'm sick of hearing game demi-gods claiming this is easy. I can trash mobs at 40-60k, kick dolmens and public dungeons solo, do some Craglorn group content solo (yeah, yeah, I know some of you can do this blindfolded), so I've got a few skills, but put be in front of a 3 ml test dummy and I can stand there buffing, de-buffing, laying down DoT's, and blasting with everything I've got while maintaining my resources and can still only manage about 10-12k at most. After 1700+ hours and a couple of DPS toons at 700+ CP, gold gear and staff, decent rotation skills, animation canceling (though I'm not really great at it) and I still comparably suck. Put me a vet dungeon where I'm running around trying to stay alive and my suckage meter goes up even further. As a result, I don't even try vet and any HM content as I'm tired of guys getting pissed and kicking me. Honestly, I'm doing the very best I can, but apparently there's something I'm missing? I have no clue how anyone can get even 20k out of a test dummy let alone maintain that level in a dungeon and/or trial. Am I forever doomed to an ESO life of suckage? :(

I can heavy attack spam a dummy with skills in between, using green trashpots, no sharp weapons/gear that gives penetration and still get 33-35k

IT ISN'T HARD

Either watch some youtube videos or join a trials guild and ask for build advice. Don't argue, just be quiet and listen. Then practice. Within 20-30 mins you'll probably have great dps for anything you need. Most of those antisocial noob hating elitests actually WANT more people in their guilds so they can run content more freqiently

The mistake I see most people make is they want to argue. Look buddy you can run whatever you want, do whatever you want, but if you're going tk get high dps then it's listen and obey time. Hell most trials content is listen and obey time xD

But seriously many have a hard time finding players who are both interested in endgame and actually are willing to learn a thing or 2 without flying off at the mouth and taking correction as a personal injury.

Ask around, be patient, the first 30k comes easy
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on February 17, 2018 11:54AM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also for the record, eso is an mmo, like it or not. It is not the nature of these games to spoonfeed you instructions. There is a vast amount of information involved regarding eso combat mechanics. Find a pve guild, get the djscord app, ask your questions and you'll learn a LOT

Your first step to 'git gud' is understanding. Only when the combat system makes sense to you do you 'git gud'.
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on February 17, 2018 12:01PM
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also for the record, eso is an mmo, like it or not. It is not the nature of these games to spoonfeed you instructions. There is a vast amount of information involved regarding eso combat mechanics. Find a pve guild, get the djscord app, ask your questions and you'll learn a LOT

Your first step to 'git gud' is understanding. Only when the combat system makes sense to you do you 'git gud'.

No need to be condescending. I'm not asking anyone to spoon feed me combat instructions. I have joined guilds, have Discord and TeamsSpeak, asked questions, have 1700+ hours in-game (including many hours of blasting that damn dummy), countless hours outside of the game studying builds, videos, and combat techniques. I don't pretend to know everything and have listened, studied, and practiced. I'm perfectly willing to accept it's my fault and I'm somehow deficient in my combat techniques. I'm trying my best to understand. I'm just saying I can't figure it out.

Meanwhile, time to re-read this thread and back to the practice dummy . :smile:
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    id be willing to give you some tips in game :) Its not gear shantu its abilities and timing.

Thanks! Message me your in-game handle and I'll give you a shout.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No need to be condescending. I'm not asking anyone to spoon feed me combat instructions. I have joined guilds, have Discord and TeamsSpeak, asked questions, have 1700+ hours in-game (including many hours of blasting that damn dummy), countless hours outside of the game studying builds, videos, and combat techniques. I don't pretend to know everything and have listened, studied, and practiced. I'm perfectly willing to accept it's my fault and I'm somehow deficient in my combat techniques. I'm trying my best to understand. I'm just saying I can't figure it out.

Your thread has caused some great information to be posted here that will benefit many people for a long time to come. You had every right to create this thread, and it was a great idea. Ignore the trolls. :)
  • Valdek
    Valdek
    ✭✭✭
    Aye, thank you for this thread. It's packed full of useful hints.

I play a mag templar. A lot of people say they aren't great for dps, but I disagree.

A long time ago, I hit 15k dps and thought it would be impossible to get above that. Then, after time, I managed to reach the big 20k! I was stuck there for a long time and was actually rather upset when I saw people managing ludicrous numbers on YouTube. Then, suddenly I began creeping up a little higher and slowly worked my way up from there.

Just before the last patch, I managed to reach 38k solo parse (with a RANGED magplar), and that was not cheesing it. I used the ham food and had over 18k health, so very trial viable.

I've been having trouble since the last patch as my abilities seem to get stuck now and then when I bar swap so my rotation isn't as smooth, so stuck at around 36k dps. :( sadface

Every time I have hit a milestone, it has seemed impossible to improve. I think that you learn a great deal about the game mechanics, timing, muscle memory, use of pots and ultimates and ability priority through practising parses. Just keep practising!

• Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one was being condescending, and getting build tips isn't spoonfeeding. That's how this game works. That's how ALL these games work. It's up to the players to discover, callaborate, and share. If this concept offends you, maybe try call of duty instead.

I gave you sound advice, now you do you and play how you want. But CLEARLY there is more you don't understand. There's alot invisible to the average player, like how certain buffs/procs/cp/skills/stats scale and interact. Where you find diminishing returns. How certain skills function and why they're used in a certain way. What makes bis bis?

All these things come together in 1 form or another depending on what contemt you're running.

@valdek regarding your abilities being stuck, again, ask around in pve guilds what people are doing to handle it. If anybody out there has found a way to handle the bugs it's going to be pve guilds. also don't listen to people.

In homestead I was doing over 40k dps on my stamplar (the worst class in the game at the time). The only reason people are hating on magplar is because nightblades are completely broken atm. Your dps is fine for many guilds vmol groups.
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on February 17, 2018 11:29PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, 2 DPS toons. 1 a Breton Templar mag, the other a High Elf sorc.

Gear on the Templar is 5 Gold Juliano, 2 purple War Maidens, all 7 are Divines, jewelry is purple War Maiden (gold magicka recovery on each as I have issues with sustain), Staffs are both gold Julianos lighting (one Sharpened, one Nirhoned). Mundus stone Mage. Rotation is Elemental Drain, Purifying Light, swap, Structured Entropy, Unstable Wall of Storms, Blazing Spear, then spamming Puncturing Sweep, weaving in light attacks and heavy when resources dips. Rinse repeat.

Juliano.png
    War_Maiden.png
    Templar_stats.png

Gear on Sorc is 5 Gold Twice Born Star, 2 purple Spinners, all Divines, jewelry is purple Spinners (gold magicka recovery on each). Staffs are both gold Julianos lighting (one Sharpened, one Nirhoned). Mundus are Lover and Thief. Rotation is Bound Aegis(always on), Power Surge, Elemental Drain, Structured Entropy, swap, Unstable Wall of Storms, Liquid lighting, spam Force Pulse, weaving in light attacks and heavy when resources dips.

TBS.png
    Spinners.png
    Sorc_Stats.png

CP is now 707. My Sorc sucks. I can barely reach 9k on a 3 ml. Templar does better, hits about 11-12k. I'll be honest, I'm not good yet on a tight rotation but I do work it in, certainly more than the numbers would indicate.

I know you guys are saying practice, practice, practice. I do. But even in short bursts on a single rotation throwing everything I've got I can only hit about 17k with the Templar and 12k on the Sorc. What that the heck am I missing?

You really need to get your spell damage up. Damage dealers wear a full 5 piece, a 4 piece and a 2 piece monster set.

I noticed you are wearing a helmet of twice born star and not a monster helmet. Right there is like a 3k loss of dps. Most magplars have around 35k magicka and over 3k spell damage
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    You really need to get your spell damage up. Damage dealers wear a full 5 piece, a 4 piece and a 2 piece monster set.

I noticed you are wearing a helmet of twice born star and not a monster helmet. Right there is like a 3k loss of dps. Most magplars have around 35k magicka and over 3k spell damage

Thanks! I put gold spell damage glyphs on my jewelry, added The Apprentice mundus, and got my Spell Damage up to 2742. I was able to add about 3k to my dps on the dummy. I'm still only able to sustain about 11-12K though.

Kind of hard to get a monster helmet when you suck in vet dungeons. I'll work on it. :smile:
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one was being condescending, and getting build tips isn't spoonfeeding. That's how this game works. That's how ALL these games work. It's up to the players to discover, callaborate, and share. If this concept offends you, maybe try call of duty instead.

I gave you sound advice, now you do you and play how you want. But CLEARLY there is more you don't understand.

CLEARLY I posted this thread because there is more I don't understand.

And try looking up the meaning of condescending. Thanks for your sound advice.

• Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I gave you sound advice, now you do you and play how you want. But CLEARLY there is more you don't understand.

CLEARLY I posted this thread because there is more I don't understand.

And try looking up the meaning of condescending. Thanks for your sound advice.

BRO, you came here asking advice and got it. I never insulted you, or even corrected you. I told you what your resources were to help you discover some aspects of the game that are seldom spoken of. Amd often not innpublic forums because many solid guilds have some theory crafters that know this game better than zos. They're your best bet, not the forums.

Furthermore: here you go

con·de·scend·ing
    ˌkändəˈsendiNG/
    adjective
    having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.
    "she thought the teachers were arrogant and condescending"
    synonyms: patronizing, supercilious, superior, snobbish, snobby, disdainful, lofty, haughty; More

^so what you're saying is, you want people who have beaten/cleared all the veteran hm content and are experienced with 40k+ solo parses t o offer you advice, but you're going to insult us for it in return? In that case I'm done helping you.

(PS my toons all do 40k+/I've cleared all veteran content). That's not haughty, that's experience. I've been in your place more than once, more than twice, no.. every balance update.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just want to add my 2 cents ( i know nobody asked for ) but still lol

here is the thing..

People are all about the numbers on a stationary target ... let me repeat that.. stationary target..

Here is the thing, if you place all of your skill slots to do damage its easy to achieve 30k or more 40k damage and ive seen people doing it and yes its amazing and yet ive seem the same people dying on the vet dungeon boss and dealing less then 20k damage.

And reason is high damage on target dummy is easy , your not getting hit there is no red you don't need to worry about heals and you don't slot it.

In real life there is SH@#$ going everywhere your running your dying your doing the mechanics while you are dpsing the boss at the same time..

This why my dps is is around 25k why ? first i don't do LA attacks only heavy and second i put ward, surge and Lightning Form in my rotation because this is the ONLY way that would simulate real life DPS.

"By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

here is the thing..

People are all about the numbers on a stationary target ... let me repeat that.. stationary target..

Here is the thing, if you place all of your skill slots to do damage its easy to achieve 30k or more 40k damage and ive seen people doing it and yes its amazing and yet ive seem the same people dying on the vet dungeon boss and dealing less then 20k damage.

And reason is high damage on target dummy is easy , your not getting hit there is no red you don't need to worry about heals and you don't slot it.

In real life there is SH@#$ going everywhere your running your dying your doing the mechanics while you are dpsing the boss at the same time..

This why my dps is is around 25k why ? first i don't do LA attacks only heavy and second i put ward, surge and Lightning Form in my rotation because this is the ONLY way that would simulate real life DPS.

It's the tank's job to keep enemies stationary, and the healer's job to keep you healed. Your job is to do damage. Good teams do their jobs.

If you're a sorc you can get 40k with heavy attacks. But you're not giving your team the Minor Prophecy buff.
    Boundless is really a waste of space. Surge can be neat if your healer sleeps a lot, but then you probably have bigger problems. And Ward in rotation is nonsense. You don't permaward, you use it in anticipation of big damage.

Those skeleton numbers are a means to COMPARE performances. Nothing more. Everyone can be expected to lose a bit dps to Saint Olms' invincibility, or gain a bit with raid buffs. But you need a basis to know what you're dealing with. If your dps on skeleton is 25k, and another dude has 40k, it's very likely the latter will perform better.
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    https://i0.wp.com/missbizzplays.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/dps-piechart.png?resize=695,610&ssl=1

instead of practice i would say PRACTICE ANIMATION CANCELING!!! is the key for max diiiips
    AD
    Orc Nightblade - Manndingo
    BretonTemplar - M Mike Adriano
    Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch
    Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas
    Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing
    Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew
    High Elf Dragonknight - Devon Larrat
    Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M
    Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears
    High Elf Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute
    High Elf - Warden - Samuel F Jackson
    Argonian - Templar - Kraken Reptile
    DC
    Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero
    High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy
    Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar
    EP
    Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
  • Lifemocker
    Lifemocker
    ✭✭✭

here is the thing..

Yea this is how trials are done without healer or tanks. The thing is that dps tests on a dummy should be done with the same setup you would run in a trial, so it gives you the idea about what kind of dps you can do in an ideal situation. Of course some mechanics lower the dps in a trial, but at the same time the group buffs actually increase it also. It's just to show how well you can manage your rotation and sustain.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here is the thing..

Although I don't agree with your excuses for damage, I believe you made a valid point.

It also depends on the group too. for trials many dps go full damage, and healers will tell you when to block, roll backward, shield, don't shield, etc. Absolute total environmental contol. It's almost like you're fightint a dps dummy.

Other groups, are more novice, or do raids alot more a casually. In which case you so see alot more combat interruptions.

The other thing is, I support dps tests for vet trials guilds, but I hate the classic (35k dps for everyone). 35k on a stamnb is too easy, 35k on a stamplar in raid gear is much harder. unless of course, I change my stuff around and cheese it. I can get 40k+ if I cheese it without much difficulty,.. using and doing manythings I wouldn't normally do in a trial.
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on February 19, 2018 10:57AM
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God I'm sick of hearing game demi-gods claiming this is easy. I can trash mobs at 40-60k, kick dolmens and public dungeons solo, do some Craglorn group content solo (yeah, yeah, I know some of you can do this blindfolded), so I've got a few skills, but put be in front of a 3 ml test dummy and I can stand there buffing, de-buffing, laying down DoT's, and blasting with everything I've got while maintaining my resources and can still only manage about 10-12k at most. After 1700+ hours and a couple of DPS toons at 700+ CP, gold gear and staff, decent rotation skills, animation canceling (though I'm not really great at it) and I still comparably suck. Put me a vet dungeon where I'm running around trying to stay alive and my suckage meter goes up even further. As a result, I don't even try vet and any HM content as I'm tired of guys getting pissed and kicking me. Honestly, I'm doing the very best I can, but apparently there's something I'm missing? I have no clue how anyone can get even 20k out of a test dummy let alone maintain that level in a dungeon and/or trial. Am I forever doomed to an ESO life of suckage? :(

20k is laying dots and heavy attacking

its like people who dont have the talent for sports. they can put hundreds of hours but still suck at it

eso has a learning curve and not everyone is gonna pass that learning curve. i seen ppl who claim to have 900 plus cp and playing since the beginning and still cant get passed their dps goal of like 20k or 25k. not to mention dpsing while following mechanics is another learning curve altogether.

Edited by SoLooney on February 19, 2018 11:36AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Shantue

Your stats seem a bit off, are you running tri-stat food? Also your spell dmg is pretty low so I would assume no gold weapon, spell power buff or spell dmg enchant proc?

Try running witchmothers potent brew (max health/magicka and magicka regen), one health enchant on your chest and the rest all max magicka. You should have decent health with a pet up.

It also helps to run 5 light, 1 medium and 1 heavy for the undaunted passive that gives 6% health/magicka/stamina.

Maybe you can download the Superstar addon so we can see all your stats, gear and CP. It would really help to see where you could use improvement.

P.S. Dont give up hope, there are a lot of skilled players willing to help so you’ll get there eventually.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »

its like people who dont have the talent for sports. they can put hundreds of hours but still suck at it

eso has a learning curve and not everyone is gonna pass that learning curve. i seen ppl who claim to have 900 plus cp and playing since the beginning and still cant get passed their dps goal of like 20k or 25k. not to mention dpsing while following mechanics is another learning curve altogether.

I wouldn't call it lack of talent, but rather a lack of coaching. Sometimes people need a coach to demonstrate how to do something instead of just reading a page of text on how to do it or watching a video of someone else doing it. I don't think an extreme amount of talent is needed to press some keys and some buttons in a fixed order at a fixed pace.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    SoLooney wrote: »

I wouldn't call it lack of talent, but rather a lack of coaching. Sometimes people need a coach to demonstrate how to do something instead of just reading a page of text on how to do it or watching a video of someone else doing it. I don't think an extreme amount of talent is needed to press some keys and some buttons in a fixed order at a fixed pace.

funny you would call it coaching. That is exactly what’s missing.

I got some help from the fine DPS gurus found on the forums here. I was stuck at 20k for a long time. I’m still not the best, I’ve gotten up to 36k and that’s great for me; but I’ve actually toned it down on almost all my toons to get them at 25k consistently is quite enough to call them mastered.

Then add in survivability. Whether it’s a passive or skill or gear, I like having a bit more durability for doing things when the mobs strike back. Hard.

It’s funny little things like the race you choose or the order you use a skill or ability, start with an ultimate, buff with potions, level alchemy for passives, Set CP, choose right Mundus and Jewelry/weapon Enchants, Poisons, and choice of food that make a massive difference in your DPS.

It all adds up.

Animation canceling is not gonna make a 10k difference in most players DPS. the best uses I’ve found for animation canceling are Vigor, hardened ward and critsurge. I can’t cancel a channeled attack.

Weaving a light attack in between abilities is not canceling. Sorry.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    One mistake I see a lot of people do is not use weapon power pots or spell power pots.
    Unless of course you already have 100% uptime on those buffs in which case weapon/spell power pots are completely and utterly useless ...
    Which you won't ... No way around pots. Go collecting reagents!
    @Lord-Otto
    I think you need a bit more imagination, my Bosmer Stamblade has both Major Brutality and Major Savagery active at all times without chugging any pots.

A little bit of creativity can go a long way if you can think for yourself and make your own meta ...
    poke.gif

post-2-1519064447.jpg
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One mistake I see a lot of people do is not use weapon power pots or spell power pots.
    Unless of course you already have 100% uptime on those buffs in which case weapon/spell power pots are completely and utterly useless ...
    Which you won't ... No way around pots. Go collecting reagents!
    @Lord-Otto
    I think you need a bit more imagination, my Bosmer Stamblade has both Major Brutality and Major Savagery active at all times without chugging any pots.

A little bit of creativity can go a long way if you can think for yourself and make your own meta ...
    poke.gif

post-2-1519064447.jpg

Can we see a parse of this? Not picking on you... but your dps will be much less if you're using those buffs on your bar instead of just using a potion. If you're using sap to get major brutality, you're missing a critical dps skill on your bar.

I ONLY use potions in the dummy tests, hard mode dlc dungeon bosses... and vet trial bosses. It REALLY isn't that expensive or time consuming to get 50 of each material and make 200 potions. that lasts me a month or so depending on how trial heavy i get.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd be interested to see details, as well.
    Mind you, "your own meta" is already a wrong use of what is typically meant with that term.
    And as said above, slotting Sap or Expert Hunter is a sacrifice, as is a five piece. It'll show in the numbers.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Shantue

Your stats seem a bit off, are you running tri-stat food? Also your spell dmg is pretty low so I would assume no gold weapon, spell power buff or spell dmg enchant proc?

Try running witchmothers potent brew (max health/magicka and magicka regen), one health enchant on your chest and the rest all max magicka. You should have decent health with a pet up.

It also helps to run 5 light, 1 medium and 1 heavy for the undaunted passive that gives 6% health/magicka/stamina.

Maybe you can download the Superstar addon so we can see all your stats, gear and CP. It would really help to see where you could use improvement.

P.S. Dont give up hope, there are a lot of skilled players willing to help so you’ll get there eventually.

Heretofore I haven't been very disciplined in dungeons, go a little helter-skelter, and run low on magicka so I was putting magicka recover on my jewelry. After replacing all with Spell Damage here are my stats:

Stats.jpg

Toon is a High Elf Sorcerer (see stats below). Food is tri-stat (4462 health and magicka, 4105 Stamina for 2 hours). Haven't got the Undaunted passives yet on this toon. Buffed with Power Surge IV. I know I need monster gear, but put me in a vet dungeon and I usually embarrass myself :smile:

Superstar:
    Superstar.jpg

Yesterday worked on all day rotation until I was cross-eyed. Sill can only manage about 12K with an occasional short peak at 16K. Still have a long way to go before this is smooth. I'm trying different rotations, but basically:

Back bar
    Light attack (LA)
    Power Surge (only every 4 times)
    LA
    Liquid Lightening
    LA
    Elemental Blockade
    Swap to Front bar

LA
    Force Pulse (with anim canceling via Block)
    Heavy Attack (while executing I add Endless Fury)
    Once HA is finished, Endless Fury executes, anim canceld with Block)
    LA
    LA
    Swap to back bar

LA
    Liquid Lightening
    LA
    Elemental Blockade
    Swap to Front bar
    Etc...

Have no idea how some can get high dsp with just a heavy attack :neutral:

With this current setup I can only see myself hitting about 16k if I perfect the rotation. Not giving up. :smile:
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why all the hate for 3 mil dummies? I have several builds that cannot sustain on a 6 mil, but do just fine in even the longest trial boss fights. Worm cult, minor intellect, and the occasional orb are enough to change a heavy resource draining rotation into an infinitely sustainable one.

Magwarden and MagDK are probably the best examples of this. My magwarden can do 40k on a 3 mil dummy, and high 40's single target in trials. On a 6 mil dummy, however, it runs out of resources halfway through and pulls sub 35k. The 3mil is definitely a better indicator in this case, and more accurately simulates the rotation.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here is the thing..

It's the tank's job to keep enemies stationary, and the healer's job to keep you healed. Your job is to do damage. Good teams do their jobs.

If you're a sorc you can get 40k with heavy attacks. But you're not giving your team the Minor Prophecy buff.
    Boundless is really a waste of space. Surge can be neat if your healer sleeps a lot, but then you probably have bigger problems. And Ward in rotation is nonsense. You don't permaward, you use it in anticipation of big damage.

Those skeleton numbers are a means to COMPARE performances. Nothing more. Everyone can be expected to lose a bit dps to Saint Olms' invincibility, or gain a bit with raid buffs. But you need a basis to know what you're dealing with. If your dps on skeleton is 25k, and another dude has 40k, it's very likely the latter will perform better.

That is true if you are in well organised vet guild where everybody knows each other but i should of mentioned usually the vet trials i do are randoms .. and with randoms i don't trust them so many times ive seen tank loose agro the dps runs around and dies, healer goes from healing to dps.

"And Ward in rotation is nonsense. You don't permaward, you use it in anticipation of big damage." buddy its a STATIONARY target that is why i throw it in my rotation every now and then cos when dealing with bosses you don't know when you will need to use it and this way it comes close to real life DPS as it uses up your magica.

I also don't use any pots or have ele drain so one day i will try with that and see how much more my normal dps rotation will be , i suspect around 30 something

One day when im in full trial guild then yes i can change up and get 35 plus k easy and go for 40k with LA in between and animation canceling but for now im happy at where i am , better to be a 25k-30k dps then a 40k plus dead dps seen it way way toooo many times.

Edited by ForsakenSin on February 19, 2018 9:48PM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand where you are coming from, because Im slowly increasing my DPS. I was only getting about 17k on my Stam NB Dual Wield/Bow. Swapped to Bow/Bow and pull 24k. I still need to improve on my auto attack/Heavy attack weaving. I just had to find a playstyle that I enjoy and the Bow/Bow is that playstyle.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shantue

Heretofore I haven't been very disciplined in dungeons, go a little helter-skelter, and run low on magicka so I was putting magicka recover on my jewelry. After replacing all with Spell Damage here are my stats:

Stats.jpg

Toon is a High Elf Sorcerer (see stats below). Food is tri-stat (4462 health and magicka, 4105 Stamina for 2 hours). Haven't got the Undaunted passives yet on this toon. Buffed with Power Surge IV. I know I need monster gear, but put me in a vet dungeon and I usually embarrass myself :smile:

Superstar:
    Superstar.jpg

Yesterday worked on all day rotation until I was cross-eyed. Sill can only manage about 12K with an occasional short peak at 16K. Still have a long way to go before this is smooth. I'm trying different rotations, but basically:

Back bar
    Light attack (LA)
    Power Surge (only every 4 times)
    LA
    Liquid Lightening
    LA
    Elemental Blockade
    Swap to Front bar

LA
    Heavy Attack (while executing I add Endless Fury)
    Once HA is finished, Endless Fury executes, anim canceld with Block)
    LA
    LA
    Swap to back bar

LA
    Liquid Lightening
    LA
    Elemental Blockade
    Swap to Front bar
    Etc...

Have no idea how some can get high dsp with just a heavy attack :neutral:

With this current setup I can only see myself hitting about 16k if I perfect the rotation. Not giving up. :smile:

My God, that recovery

Edit: do not ever block cancel in PvE, it weave or barswap (roll dodge for defense, but not dummy)
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 19, 2018 10:20PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds