The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

seriously now nerf absorb shields

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please dont nerf my sorc. I love outclassing people before we ever fight
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Jumped in cyrodil with my sorc, still yet to die in open world. Either the 5 hours i played last night was full of hundreds of potatoes or sorcs burst/mobility/escapability/recovery/defense/cc is top end

Cool. Can you make a video?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Jumped in cyrodil with my sorc, still yet to die in open world. Either the 5 hours i played last night was full of hundreds of potatoes or sorcs burst/mobility/escapability/recovery/defense/cc is top end

Cool story but totally irrelevant.

Thanks it was a cool story. I take it u dont get out much. Hey your welcome.

Yeah, i dont want my sorc nerfed. On my templar i actually have to read and react to a fight. It makes cyrodil much harder. Coincidentally i die a ton more on that character. Hmm weird how that works
    Edited by Drdeath20 on February 12, 2018 11:17AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, i dont want my sorc nerfed. On my templar i actually have to read and react to a fight. It makes cyrodil much harder. Coincidentally i die a ton more on that character. Hmm weird how that works

Confirmation bias. You know what that is. Btw "not dying" and playing well isn't necessary the same, especially if you're zerging or simply streaking away without killing anything. That's what you said in an earlier post, right? That they are not that for off combat wise. Or do I remember that wrong.
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    OP is right, shield stacking in so powerful! I spam 3 huge shield these days cause I invested a lot of points into bastion (I dont give a damn about other red trees – pff, they are useless) and when people arriving at me I just laugh and cast my shields and then...I die. Cause, lol, I have 1.9k spell damage and ~2.1-2.2k with Surge up.

So if you see a magsorc with huge shields – uhm, he literally has no damage Q('.' Q)
    Edited by Pijng on February 12, 2018 1:39PM
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    what about that new set coming to add further 40% shields
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrond87 wrote: »

It increases duration which really is a non-factor. Especially considering you then get rid of some magicka stacking to take that set making your shield weaker.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So you can Zerg surf and run away all of the time, probably leeching kills with fury. Therefore the class is overpowered.

:lol:

What platform do you play on?
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    Shields does not needs a nerf at any cost, whats the problem of timing a dawnbreaker or any other burst ult when the shields are about to expire?
    a good sorc won't let his health unprotected by absorbs, and i often brought magdens magsorcs to 10-15% hp, CC-ed, with dots procs potl jabs up, and he simply didn't die and continued to survive until his friends came. This in my bone pirate ravager build.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Shields does not needs a nerf at any cost, whats the problem of timing a dawnbreaker or any other burst ult when the shields are about to expire?
    a good sorc won't let his health unprotected by absorbs, and i often brought magdens magsorcs to 10-15% hp, CC-ed, with dots procs potl jabs up, and he simply didn't die and continued to survive until his friends came. This in my bone pirate ravager build.

Your typical shield stack is 20K. Stacked 10K at a time.

Shields can’t be crit, but then they also have zero resistances. Zero. Nada. No armor rating. You should easily be able to take one off every second or so. 10K DPS is not hard.

Also; overflow damage on a shield CAN crit. So if a shield is down to 5K, and you do 10K, then 5K of that damage will crit. It’s going to crit light armor and maybe 1.8K or so impen, and almost NO physical resist. You’re going to eat half of his 20K health.

If you stun the Sorc on that 10K hit and get one more free hit in, he’s done. Period. And that’s the big secret.

Stun when shields are low, before they can refresh.
    Magicka poison the Sorc so he cant keep shield stacking. He cant forever anyways, but you can speed that up.
    Keep the pressure up. Attack his stamina pool because it’s not very big. Once he cant break a stun or escape a snare he’s finished.

I can’t help you if he brings friends. Thats OP. Nerf friends lists and groups pls ZOS. :smile:
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Your typical shield stack is 20K. Stacked 10K at a time.

Shields can’t be crit, but then they also have zero resistances. Zero. Nada. No armor rating. You should easily be able to take one off every second or so. 10K DPS is not hard.

Also; overflow damage on a shield CAN crit. So if a shield is down to 5K, and you do 10K, then 5K of that damage will crit. It’s going to crit light armor and maybe 1.8K or so impen, and almost NO physical resist. You’re going to eat half of his 20K health.

If you stun the Sorc on that 10K hit and get one more free hit in, he’s done. Period. And that’s the big secret.

Stun when shields are low, before they can refresh.
    Magicka poison the Sorc so he cant keep shield stacking. He cant forever anyways, but you can speed that up.
    Keep the pressure up. Attack his stamina pool because it’s not very big. Once he cant break a stun or escape a snare he’s finished.

I can’t help you if he brings friends. Thats OP. Nerf friends lists and groups pls ZOS. :smile:

General good advice on dealing with shields, follow this OP, pressure shield and in extension stam/mag, then burst/overflow. Since changes they are easier to deal with, still strong, but easier.

it is quite possible to keep them up permanently/close to, especially in a 1v1. And despite the lack of resistance, they do scale of mag instead, so can be quite a pain whilst spammed. And whilst I am painfully aware that 50k mag pet builds are much less viable ( :'( ) it does scale of something, and cannot be debuffed.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That set actually makes your shields WORSE, because that 40% duration increase also means it takes 40% longer for Healing Ward to expire and give you the heal.

That's 40% more time for you to take execute dmg and for ppl to dmg your shield to reduce the heal.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go nerf sorcs even more :) Potatoes will die anyway. I have played almost all classes in PvP for testing and finding good and weak sides of each, to see how people counter each of them and then to use it on my own - literaly I don't care. Most of the nerf whiners will die anyway even if exp player will play a mudcrab class.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    In the end sorcs can bolt escape atleast 4 consecutive times in a row. Thats alot of ground to have to sprint to, to catch up.

Without bolt sorcs are very balanced. There is no skill or potion that counters that.

Huh?

Every single gap closer...

And 4 in a row is a HUGE magika cost.

I chased a sorc who streaked 6 times in a row. Cant gap close when a semi smart player uses the terrain to break LoS. Yes they are out of magicka but by the time u catch up to them u r out of stamina and sorcs have their stamina dump to instantly recover magicka.

Dude if u cant escape atleast 80% of the time when your kitting then you are just a bad player or your dueling another sorc

Congrats, you chased a guy and got OUTPLAYED by someone roll dodging and using terrain.

I’m really and truly sorry your gap closer ‘I WIN!’ button didn’t instantly win the game for you when you pressed it. But FACT is you CAN gap closer further than streak goes, you can do it faster, cheaper, and drop an unbreakable snare on him with every button press.

FACT is, you have a better tool. But that didn’t make you a better player.

Ps: lol rekt

i love you! lol
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to nerf shields. Just give sorcs a reliable self heal and they will drop shields by themselves.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

the comment i quoted, they allways say that.

"make a video"
    "make a screen shot"

then when we do, we make screen shots and videos showing proof and we get introuble for naming and shaming
    OR they say

" video / screen shot proves your bad"
    ect ect ect ...

nothing we say nor proove is ever acceptable.
    so very Lame that we cant express the truths we see daily without being insulted.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"make a video"
    "make a screen shot"

then when we do, we make screen shots and videos showing proof and we get introuble for naming and shaming
    OR they say

ect ect ect ...

so very Lame that we cant express the truths we see daily without being insulted.

How is posting a video of yourself dominating with a class naming and shaming? Are you talking about video and screenshots of people exploiting or something?

If you do other people, hide names but I want to see the sorc domination and never die. Pretty easy to do as it should be raw without editing out. Plenty of videos get posted on these forums of people 1vxing and they don't seem to go anywhere.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"make a video"
    "make a screen shot"

OR they say

ect ect ect ...

Every time I've seen a death recap pic, the damage is so high. Which tells me the person doing the dying is a glass cannon. And any glass cannon is going to die when hit.

People run around in medium/light with Regen/DMG sets and are surprised when they get rekt by a Regen/defensive set build...

It's like no #$&+
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't say nerf magsorc or magden or whatever, just the absorbs amount is ridiculous. Stacking the resto shield when low hp and annulment will grant over 20k absorb, which can be spammed. I must have 40k dps in a pvp build to even break that down. And i can't compare the amount of resources i waste to get through this against the resources to apply these absorbs. Don't come to me with things like "get shieldbreaker" yeah everyone let's get this one set because of every mag build running absorbs.

This is OP in one juicy Meme

pjDt217.png

Yet yall still cry, rage, loose yalls minds over the OPs Flute.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"make a video"
    "make a screen shot"

OR they say

ect ect ect ...

How is posting a video of yourself dominating with a class naming and shaming?

i am on your side, i am agreeing with you about the fact that shields on sorcerers are too stong.
    and when we make videos showing these things, then people say how bad WE are rather then allowing what we showed to be respected.

my apologies for the misunderstanding.

• Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People post PvP videos all the time.

If you're scared of someone pointing out the flaws in your reasoning, that's on you. Of course there's gonna be people who just go 'lol', but I don't see why that's a reason not to post this much anticipated proof.

But people will critique the quality of your gameplay and the quality of your opponents. It really is coming across like you just want people to only agree with you.

Everyone else in the thread dealt with that one guy who claimed you needed 40k dps to get through shields. You can deal with a couple lolers or 'insults'.

Or maybe you could address everything else people have been saying in the thread, instead of moaning about knowledgeable people sharing their experience that just happens to not match up with what you think.
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, i am edgy weird dude and play rouge every game, i only play game where i can play rouge and dont care about anyone or anyting. In eso i cant play stealth ninja assassin and kill everyone becos everyone else be a player and not die instantly to my sharp murder blade. Me not like this game and think rouge is weak, sorcer to stronk. I want be assassin but templar be to strong in this game. Zenimax buff nightblade!
    P.S. cheeter and macro be everywhere in pvp!!1!1!!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"make a video"
    "make a screen shot"

OR they say

ect ect ect ...

In your case all everybody ever needs to know is a stamBlade complaining about another class. No video needed.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    In the end sorcs can bolt escape atleast 4 consecutive times in a row. Thats alot of ground to have to sprint to, to catch up.

Without bolt sorcs are very balanced. There is no skill or potion that counters that.

Huh?

Every single gap closer...

And 4 in a row is a HUGE magika cost.

I chased a sorc who streaked 6 times in a row. Cant gap close when a semi smart player uses the terrain to break LoS. Yes they are out of magicka but by the time u catch up to them u r out of stamina and sorcs have their stamina dump to instantly recover magicka.

Dude if u cant escape atleast 80% of the time when your kitting then you are just a bad player or your dueling another sorc

You must never play in the Imperial City. It's basically impossible to streak away because if they can't gap close on you, they just gap close on nearby mobs. Never mind the fact that is often impossible to streak more than once or twice in a straight line in the city. Bottom line is that that gap closers almost always catch you there.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, i am edgy weird dude and play rouge every game, i only play game where i can play rouge and dont care about anyone or anyting. In eso i cant play stealth ninja assassin and kill everyone becos everyone else be a player and not die instantly to my sharp murder blade. Me not like this game and think rouge is weak, sorcer to stronk. I want be assassin but templar be to strong in this game. Zenimax buff nightblade!
    P.S. cheeter and macro be everywhere in pvp!!1!1!!

Hello, I am sarcastic forum warrior who misspells every third word while pathetically attempting to shame someone for simply expressing an opinion based on his or her experiences. You figure out whether I am doing this intentionally or my spelling is so bad my spell check uninstalled itself.

Don’t worry, English is actually my 7th language and I am much smarter than everyone else. I love the forums because it allows me to say things to people I would never say if they were standing in front of me!

P.S. See what I did there?
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we see what you did there.
    Overload formed a sarcastic post about someone's views of a playstyle, something regarding the game.
    You tried to be as smart and formed a sarcastic post filled with personal insults unrelated to the game.
    You failed horribly and exposed yourself as not on the same level as Overload, that's what you did there.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Console? Who is your sorc? I know most of the solo sorcs out there.
    Otherwise you are zerg surfing and that counts for nothing. You did not just hop onto a sorc and suddenly have it easy mode.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a waste of a 5pc, at least on a sorc. Maybe another class can make use of it. The only interesting thing about it is the other component of making things like resto ult/pirate Skellie last longer. But the other bad thing is extending the heal from Healing Ward.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the forums because it allows me to say things to people I would never say if they were standing in front of me!

You wouldn't tell a player in front of you who only snipes other players who are already engaged that he probably isn't the epitome of skill?

Odd.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Yes, we see what you did there.
    Overload formed a sarcastic post about someone's views of a playstyle, something regarding the game.
    You tried to be as smart and formed a sarcastic post filled with personal insults unrelated to the game.
    You failed horribly and exposed yourself as not on the same level as Overload, that's what you did there.

And calling someone a weirdo isn’t a personal insult? It’s hilarious how aggressive and defensive the Sorc community gets. There is a cast of characters on these forums that slams and bashes anyone expressing an opinion that doesn’t support their narrative. And what’s sad is it gets defended.

The forums are a place where people are supposed to be able to discuss opinions and viewpoints based on their own in game experiences. Right or wrong. Not get insulted in a moronic “satirical” post as you called it. So yeah, I guess I’ll just start firing back. And you just exposed yourself for someone who will defend any type of behavior as long as it aligns with your own agenda.