The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

seriously now nerf absorb shields

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    i don't say nerf magsorc or magden or whatever, just the absorbs amount is ridiculous. Stacking the resto shield when low hp and annulment will grant over 20k absorb, which can be spammed. I must have 40k dps in a pvp build to even break that down. And i can't compare the amount of resources i waste to get through this against the resources to apply these absorbs. Don't come to me with things like "get shieldbreaker" yeah everyone let's get this one set because of every mag build running absorbs.

Still complaining about bottom pvp tier classes eh ?

You do realize that sorc is in light armor right ?
    A cc / snare + mid tier burst should be enough when low health.

The other day someone was spamming reverse slice for a full 6 seconds while I had a few ticks of health. Then I recovered and dropped a meteor to finish up and got a whisper saying shields are OP.
    Little did he realize that if he had used swing somewhere in between I would've been dead 5 seconds back.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    In the end sorcs can bolt escape atleast 4 consecutive times in a row. Thats alot of ground to have to sprint to, to catch up.

Without bolt sorcs are very balanced. There is no skill or potion that counters that.

A gap closer’s cost doesn’t increase indefinitely as you spam it while a streak spamming sorc will run out of resources.

It’s hilarious to talk about shield stacking or streak like it’s 2015.

Yeah but halfway smart sorcs use their initial streak to stun and then their 2nd streak is out of any gap closers range
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is another ‘nerf sorc’ thread, but how about we turn this on the real problem here:

Shimmering shield:
    It’s a 20K damage shield
    It’s not being cut in half by battle spirit
    It’s not scaling properly with Max Magicka or Max health like every other damage shield in the game.
    STAMINA Wardens are using it because it’s so good and free to cast. Like stamina anything needs a 20K projectile damage shield.
    Major heroism. Let’s think on that for a minute shall we?

Pay 2 Win.

Edited by Minalan on February 11, 2018 5:27PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    In the end sorcs can bolt escape atleast 4 consecutive times in a row. Thats alot of ground to have to sprint to, to catch up.

Without bolt sorcs are very balanced. There is no skill or potion that counters that.

Huh?

Every single gap closer...

And 4 in a row is a HUGE magika cost.

I chased a sorc who streaked 6 times in a row. Cant gap close when a semi smart player uses the terrain to break LoS. Yes they are out of magicka but by the time u catch up to them u r out of stamina and sorcs have their stamina dump to instantly recover magicka.

Dude if u cant escape atleast 80% of the time when your kitting then you are just a bad player or your dueling another sorc
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Huh?

I chased a sorc who streaked 6 times in a row. Cant gap close when a semi smart player uses the terrain to break LoS. Yes they are out of magicka but by the time u catch up to them u r out of stamina and sorcs have their stamina dump to instantly recover magicka.

Dude if u cant escape atleast 80% of the time when your kitting then you are just a bad player or your dueling another sorc

Congrats, you chased a guy and got OUTPLAYED by someone roll dodging and using terrain.

I’m really and truly sorry your gap closer ‘I WIN!’ button didn’t instantly win the game for you when you pressed it. But FACT is you CAN gap closer further than streak goes, you can do it faster, cheaper, and drop an unbreakable snare on him with every button press.

FACT is, you have a better tool. But that didn’t make you a better player.

Ps: lol rekt
    Edited by Minalan on February 11, 2018 5:33PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like i said i played a templar for 3 years. Just recently i made a magsorc and a magblade and my life in cyrodil has been easier. I literally never die in open world.

Now When it comes to actual battles, no matter what class you are, its the same.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on February 11, 2018 6:09PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't make these threads, and, there are allot of them that exist.
    i just come here like every one else and give my opinion, and of that, we are allowed to.

my opinion is well known that i think sorcerers and templars as well as wardens have way too much healing and way too much damage output. their shields and defenses and damage is just too strong.
    i have fought magicka nightblades i have lost to them, but i have also beaten magicka nightblades that have shields and spam their shields. and i don't find them anywhere near as powerful and protected as sorcerers and wardens. altho to me magicka nightblades seem to be only beatable when i cast mark target on them and wear shield breaker while i also use mage light.

However, sorcerers, wardens, and templars simply heal through all damage given to them and then they deal out very Large amounts of damage coupled with their Huge Rings pulling us out of stealth, and thier ability to extreme slow and snare everyone and take all stealth and sneaking and invisibility casting opponents out of stealth and kill them. it is not fair and not balanced.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Huh?

Congrats, you chased a guy and got OUTPLAYED by someone roll dodging and using terrain.

I’m really and truly sorry your gap closer ‘I WIN!’ button didn’t instantly win the game for you when you pressed it. But FACT is you CAN gap closer further than streak goes, you can do it faster, cheaper, and drop an unbreakable snare on him with every button press.

FACT is, you have a better tool. But that didn’t make you a better player.

I play a magsorc now. I literally never die in open world cyrodil. Well unless their is another magsorc out there in the group im kitting.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i just come here like every one else and give my opinion, and of that, we are allowed to.

my opinion is well known that i think sorcerers and templars as well as wardens have way too much healing and way too much damage output. their shields and defenses and damage is just too strong.
    i have fought magicka nightblades i have lost to them, but i have also beaten magicka nightblades that have shields and spam their shields. and i don't find them anywhere near as powerful and protected as sorcerers and wardens. altho to me magicka nightblades seem to be only beatable when i cast mark target on them and wear shield breaker while i also use mage light.

However, sorcerers, wardens, and templars simply heal through all damage given to them and then they deal out very Large amounts of damage coupled with their Huge Rings pulling us out of stealth, and thier ability to extreme slow and snare everyone and take all stealth and sneaking and invisibility casting opponents out of stealth and kill them. it is not fair and not balanced.

So nerf everyone who isn’t a Stamina nightblade? Yeah. We heard you. Get good.

TEMPLARS do huge amounts of damage? That’s credibility right there.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this post alone has beaten all the other troll threads. Pure gold !
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol too much cry, next thread pls!
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forum sorcs and nightblades are adamant that streak and cloak are easy to counter. Well maybe we should take these awful skills from them and make them world skills available to everyone. Remember they keep insisting these are such easy to counter skills so they really wont be missed.

I find it funng how every sorc and nighblade seem to manage getting by slotting such awful skills. I mean every 1 slots it.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forum sorcs and nightblades are adamant that streak and cloak are easy to counter. Well maybe we should take these awful skills from them and make them world skills available to everyone. Remember they keep insisting these are such easy to counter skills so they really wont be missed.

I find it funng how every sorc and nighblade seem to manage getting by slotting such awful skills. I mean every 1 slots it.

Then you’d just whine about cloaking and healing Templars.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think this post alone has beaten all the other troll threads. Pure gold !

We heard it here folks. 3/5ths of the classes are OP. DP plays a stamblade too. Which is pretty much been top 3 for 2ish years.

Balance isn't bad per say, its that classes sort of suck now and have limited fun.

A gap closer’s cost doesn’t increase indefinitely as you spam it while a streak spamming sorc will run out of resources.

It’s hilarious to talk about shield stacking or streak like it’s 2015.

Streak being how it is is sad. One of the most unique skills is basically a spam before they can react button since its useless otherwise its GC'd instantly.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Then you’d just whine about cloaking and healing Templars.

Well those are easy to counter skills soo it wouldnt be a big deal, right?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like i said i played a templar for 3 years. Just recently i made a magsorc and a magblade and my life in cyrodil has been easier. I literally never die in open world.

Now When it comes to actual battles, no matter what class you are, its the same.

You're templaring wrong.

From a sorc going to temp, temp is much better

Purge
    Burst
    Gap closer
    Heals
    Spammable

And if you need mobility you got speed pots and mist

My heavy Plar will eat your sorc Alive
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y`all saying that they're easy countered, which is not so. A pvp build won't deal enough dps with its resources to break through a mag class absorbs. He can just heavy attack while the absorb lasts.
    Anything u do will just get countered. CC? break free. Gap closer? streak out of sight. High dps? spam the absorb. etc.

@technohic , sorry man, i @ -ed u by mistake, wanted to put someone else (edited the post).
    Edited by Sergykid on February 11, 2018 6:47PM
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The ONLY issue with cloak is that when you break it with say, mage light or a detect pot, is that you still can’t shoot the guy without missing 100% of the time. So you can counter it, but then you really CAN’T at the same time.

But since cloak is so broken everywhere else in the game, nobody really notices. (Like come on, still not fixed? Still fails or breaks for no reason, or allows people to cast on you when clearly in stealth!)

I’m not a fan of stealth classes. But calling cloak OP is hilarious. And here’s a hint, everyone already can stealth. Just crouch. Or drink an invisible pot. Or an invisible speed pot.

Steak is only SIX meters, please tell me how far a gap closer can do. I’ll be waiting here laughing. Come on!
    Edited by Minalan on February 11, 2018 6:48PM
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't say nerf magsorc or magden or whatever, just the absorbs amount is ridiculous. Stacking the resto shield when low hp and annulment will grant over 20k absorb, which can be spammed. I must have 40k dps in a pvp build to even break that down. And i can't compare the amount of resources i waste to get through this against the resources to apply these absorbs. Don't come to me with things like "get shieldbreaker" yeah everyone let's get this one set because of every mag build running absorbs.

get Shieldbreaker, git gut
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y`all saying that they're easy countered, which is not so. A pvp build won't deal enough dps with its resources to break through a mag class absorbs. He can just heavy attack while the absorb lasts.
    Anything u do will just get countered. CC? break free. Gap closer? streak out of sight. High dps? spam the absorb. etc.

@technohic , sorry man, i @ -ed u by mistake, wanted to put someone else (edited the post).

If you're not dealing DMG then CCing and bursting during break you're gonna have a hell of a time beating anyone semi defensive.

Yes, if the sorc is not being impeded they will just re cast shields (like any character, or heals to full)

It's amazing how few players CC on cool down (you gotta do that no matter your opponent)

And a real hard counter to Sorc is any purge effect, without curse they can't burst.

The only place I say Sorcs are really good is BGs where streak and mobility means capturing relics and bases (4 of the 5 game modes)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Running away is OP now. That's how I made all my AP. With running away. And killing mag Sorcs... strange...
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're templaring wrong.

Purge
    Burst
    Gap closer
    Heals
    Spammable

Did u just say templar and burst lol

Hahaha mist form hahaha

Just stop
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not saying take away bolt or cloak. Im saying make it available to everyone
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're templaring wrong.

Purge
    Burst
    Gap closer
    Heals
    Spammable

Did u just say templar and burst lol

Hahaha mist form hahaha

Just stop

Ok, now you are just being silly
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Running away is OP now. That's how I made all my AP. With running away. And killing mag Sorcs... strange...

No use arguing with bad players.

I can ‘run away’ from most of them with one or two streaks and an escape pot. Then they’ll want to nerf that too.

In fact, these crybabies won’t be happy until you’re nothing more than a free AP piñata that drops glitter, confetti, and free candy when you sit there and let them kill you.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact, these crybabies won’t be happy until you’re nothing more than a free AP piñata that drops glitter, confetti, and free candy when you sit there and let them kill you.

@Minalan

We can buy that White-Gold Horse...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i agree 100%
    lets do it!
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Shields cannot be crit, but they cannot crit

- Shields are active and if someone is shielding, they've given up an attack for that

- Shields cannot be defiled, but they don't have a 25 and 8% buff like Major/Minor mending

- They have exactly one CP star. Just one. They don't benefit from the crit star because they can't crit, etc.

- They don't actually heal you, unless your damage is so low that you let the healing ward go off, then...*shrug*

- If the shielders health is at the point where Healing Ward is actually pretty big, you've got them close to death. In which case they're likely in execute range, and I must ask why you aren't executing the heck out of them and obliterating the shield with said execute skill that you most definitely should have.

- Unlike heals, shields are temporary health that if you wait like...6 seconds, it'll disappear in an instant! Time your CC and attacks around this.

- The sorcerer is without a doubt spending more resources to apply these shields than you are to break through them. They all cost a ton of magicka xD Seriously, check out how much your main offensive spammable costs and then compare it to how much magicka they're spending to get temporary health that'll disappear in 6 seconds.

I won't come at you with 'get shieldbreaker'. That likely won't fix your issues. Instead, I'll come at ya with a 'get more damage'. Or tbh 'git gud'. Put your build up somewhere and ask people on various forums how you might improve it. Learn to time your CCs. Make sure you know where your DoTs are, as having at least one can be a pretty nice added pressure to your opponent.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep complaining buddy if that makes you feel better. good job!
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here we see what happens when you have zero stealth on your skill bar and zero sneak speeds and you completely remove stealth from a stamina nightblade
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEzKNaqsihs

but the problem with that is that i play stealth, i use invisibility and sneak as part of my class like it is suppose to have.
    i only play stealth class and i only play games that have stealth as part of its gameplay.
    which elder scrolls titles have now since what 20 + years now?

i play stealth and when i add that to nightblade class my damage goes WAY down and not only that, stealth in this game is easy to counter and basicly anything pulls me out of stealth and everything breaks invisibility. including they even give Skills to all classes to HELP break people in stealth!
    that's horrible! so what can be done?