Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Apparently animation cancelling is being removed

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on May 11, 2019 4:39AM
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is the highlight of my day so far. Gina wins the internet, again.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gina with that hot fire
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    They should it's a exploit - as in was not intended

It perhaps originally wasn't intended but now it's essential for a lot of end game content. The main means for animation cancelling--bar swapping and block--aren't things they can remove from the game and making it so you can't do those actions until an animation is complete would be pretty disastrous for pve combat.

I don't like how ZOS acts like it's not part of the combat system, but it is.

Could be fixed, just need to adjust PvE content.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    i wish
    Sigtric wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    LOL Now the title will show up on dev tracker and people will lost their minds.

The image that started this has been floating around for a while and I'm surprised it took as long as it did to get a post about it.. lol

well atleast that fake news is bringing people back, means people really do hate that animation canceling and dying in under one tenth of a second to a whole bunch of hits.
    animation canceling needs to be removed from eso.

If you're the kind of player who can be killed in under one second to multiple hits, then you're also the kind of player who can be killed in a few seconds without animation cancelling. It's not the bogeyman you think it is.

i see it happening to everyone, even fengrish while he was doing a teaching stream.
    he died in what looked like one hit.
    your trying to defend a cheat that was not intended, and needs removed.

That's not animation cancelling

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    If only.....
    Options
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Let's try to avoid bypassing the censor filter we have in place. Let us also try to avoid baiting or flaming anyone.

Now. As you were!

-Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 8, 2018 7:50PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    Let's try to avoid bypassing the censor filter we have in place. Let us also try to avoid baiting or flaming anyone.

Now. As you were!

-Greg-

Awww but dad, we don't wanna do thaaaaaaaaaat.
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys make me giggle like a little school girl.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where other players could easily doctor or Photoshop images. You should no longer believe everything you read.
      • Note: Moving forward, if you come across an image that appears to be a patch note, simply visit the official ESO forums to see the truth for yourself.

:trollface:

G
    E
    N
    I
    U
    S
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love these forum mods.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now. As you were!

-Greg-

It always kills me. I've got this huge repository of hilariously bizarre .gifs that are perfect for weird situations that pop up on the boards... but I can't use them because of the profanity. :(
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a fake patch note that's been circulating various discords. It's fake guys. Stop spreading rumors.

Look, here's another "leaked" patch note. It's not hard to do.

Screenshot_73.png

Am I the only one that needs to hear this song now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Iqr0L4bUms
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on February 8, 2018 8:14PM
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All because I started spreading this to other discord’s after it originated in mine.
    The wildfire that spread L O L
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ... rolleyes.gif

Options
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a fake patch note that's been circulating various discords. It's fake guys. Stop spreading rumors.

Look, here's another "leaked" patch note. It's not hard to do.

Screenshot_73.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Iqr0L4bUms

ah yes its https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vRlJrkxsqo
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
    Options
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish
    Sigtric wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    LOL Now the title will show up on dev tracker and people will lost their minds.

The image that started this has been floating around for a while and I'm surprised it took as long as it did to get a post about it.. lol

well atleast that fake news is bringing people back, means people really do hate that animation canceling and dying in under one tenth of a second to a whole bunch of hits.
    animation canceling needs to be removed from eso.

If you're the kind of player who can be killed in under one second to multiple hits, then you're also the kind of player who can be killed in a few seconds without animation cancelling. It's not the bogeyman you think it is.

i see it happening to everyone, even fengrish while he was doing a teaching stream.
    he died in what looked like one hit.
    your trying to defend a cheat that was not intended, and needs removed.

Haven't seen any of you "animation cancelling is cheating" clowns in a while. Good to know you're still out there doing God's work.

XBox NA
    Options
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where other players could easily doctor or Photoshop images. You should no longer believe everything you read.
      • Note: Moving forward, if you come across an image that appears to be a patch note, simply visit the official ESO forums to see the truth for yourself.

BSYaMaaCEAAeRB7.jpg

Options
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who want AC removed are just baddies and a small minority. I doubt they even do vet trials, pvp, or anything that requires quick reaction.
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    People who want AC removed are just baddies and a small minority. I doubt they even do vet trials, pvp, or anything that requires quick reaction.

I agree. They should just l2macro like everyone else.
    Options
  • Nussi28
    Nussi28
    ✭✭
    In general I think animation canceling is a good mechanic. But sometimes I just want it removed.
    The reason is quite simple. Animation canceling is only working properly if you have a fast and stable connection. When you have not you're screwed.
    You should never brack about reaction times in an online game. In most games, Eso is one of those, the ping is highly influencing reaction times. Maybe your opponents reaction time is slower than yours, but if he has a faster connection he will still win.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nussi28 wrote: »
    In general I think animation canceling is a good mechanic. But sometimes I just want it removed.
    The reason is quite simple. Animation canceling is only working properly if you have a fast and stable connection. When you have not you're screwed.
    You should never brack about reaction times in an online game. In most games, Eso is one of those, the ping is highly influencing reaction times. Maybe your opponents reaction time is slower than yours, but if he has a faster connection he will still win.

Yeah, especially frustrating for anyone that lives outside the States. We've got a few Aussies and Kiwis that seriously suffer from ping in my guilds.
    Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a high level of clickbait!
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
    General

but..... but..... its the internet ..... i thought everything on the internet was true!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3EzRAgjo_s
    Options
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh the image I'm sure is legit. It's the web page that was fake.

You can edit pretty much any website to say whatever you want on it by saving the web page and editing it manually in Notepad or your favorite program. Best part about doing it this way is that it remains formatted exactly the way the website was already doing it despite your changes, no need to match fonts or colors or backgrounds.

Heck the Firefox web browser even allows you to edit the html page you're looking at in real time and preview the changes.
      Edited by LordSemaj on February 8, 2018 10:07PM
      Options
    • getemshauna
      getemshauna
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
      General

rekt
      Founder of Call of the Undaunted
      Youtube Channel
      Options
    • JamieAubrey
      JamieAubrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Bet all the people saying its fake are the ones that Ani Cancel
      Options
    • LordSemaj
      LordSemaj
      ✭✭✭✭✭

The developer's staff said it was fake.
      Options
    • MissBizz
      MissBizz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      LordSemaj wrote: »

Oh the image I'm sure is legit. It's the web page that was fake.

You can edit pretty much any website to say whatever you want on it by saving the web page and editing it manually in Notepad or your favorite program. Best part about doing it this way is that it remains formatted exactly the way the website was already doing it despite your changes, no need to match fonts or colors or backgrounds.

Heck the Firefox web browser even allows you to edit the html page you're looking at in real time and preview the changes.

Pretty sure you can do that in chrome too <3
        Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
        Options
      • JamieAubrey
        JamieAubrey
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        LordSemaj wrote: »

The developer's staff said it was fake.

Let me have my moment :D
        Options