Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Apparently animation cancelling is being removed

• Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we quit suggesting stupid things.

You say that, yet here you are.

Fixing an exploit is not stupid. Defending it is.
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    animation cancelling is basically a meme at this point. 99% of people whinging about it literally have no idea what it even is. they unironically think you can bypass the GCD with it, or that it is some mystical super secret thing, instead of what it really is (hitting light attack inbetween abilities)
    eisley the worst
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should it's a exploit - as in was not intended

Yes but they have no idea how to fix it; so it stays...
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erlewine wrote: »
    animation cancelling is basically a meme at this point. 99% of people whinging about it literally have no idea what it even is. they unironically think you can bypass the GCD with it, or that it is some mystical super secret thing, instead of what it really is (hitting light attack inbetween abilities)

You don't even get the irony in your own post. Since we're talking about people who don't know what things are, let me enlighten you: "hitting light attack inbetween abilities" is WEAVING, a subcategory of animation cancelling. There's also block cancelling, dodge-roll cancelling, bar-swap cancelling, and even exploits involving emotes. Bottom line: it is an unintended exploit that shouldn't be in this game.
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should it's a exploit - as in was not intended

This is both correct and incorrect.

It was intended that you could break animation allowing for more fluid gameplay.

It was not expected that the game would have unnecessary ending animations that provide no actual value to gameplay other than aesthetics, when the skill is complete and ready, it should be done, there should be no further animation

they don't need to remove animation cancelling, they need to remove the reason players do it (that it provides an advantage)

the game shouldn't have secret controller/keyboard tricks that allow player A to have an advantage over player B, the game already has enough mind-numbingly ridiculous things to remember
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    i wish
    Sigtric wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    LOL Now the title will show up on dev tracker and people will lost their minds.

The image that started this has been floating around for a while and I'm surprised it took as long as it did to get a post about it.. lol

well atleast that fake news is bringing people back, means people really do hate that animation canceling and dying in under one tenth of a second to a whole bunch of hits.
    animation canceling needs to be removed from eso.

If you're the kind of player who can be killed in under one second to multiple hits, then you're also the kind of player who can be killed in a few seconds without animation cancelling. It's not the bogeyman you think it is.

What non-shield stacked player hasn't been killed when a bunch of desyncced/lag switched/animation cancelled attacks all hit at once?

I don't know a single player I haven't seen this happen to. Cmon.