Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Apparently animation cancelling is being removed

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    LordSemaj wrote: »
    • Fixed an issue where other players could easily doctor or Photoshop images. You should no longer believe everything you read.

Oh the image I'm sure is legit. It's the web page that was fake.

You can edit pretty much any website to say whatever you want on it by saving the web page and editing it manually in Notepad or your favorite program. Best part about doing it this way is that it remains formatted exactly the way the website was already doing it despite your changes, no need to match fonts or colors or backgrounds.

Heck the Firefox web browser even allows you to edit the html page you're looking at in real time and preview the changes.

Pretty sure you can do that in chrome too <3

F12 FTW on Chrome
    • Yolokin_Swagonborn
      Yolokin_Swagonborn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      BigBadVolk wrote: »
      casparian wrote: »
      There's a fake patch note that's been circulating various discords. It's fake guys. Stop spreading rumors.

Look, here's another "leaked" patch note. It's not hard to do.

Screenshot_73.png

Am I the only one that needs to hear this song now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Iqr0L4bUms

ah yes its https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vRlJrkxsqo

This is the best.
    • Kanar
      Kanar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They should it's a exploit - as in was not intended

You should really look up the meaning of that word, because you're using it wrong.
    • Jarryzzt
      Jarryzzt
      ✭✭✭✭
      You know...

...one wonders what would happen if it were true. Meaning, tomorrow we all logged in, and animation cancelling no longer existed. Just use that one skill or attack at a time under a GCD, all animations equal cast times and cannot be interrupted (including bar swapping! ha!)...

...sort of like playing TOR. Except with far fewer bars/skills to play with.

I mean, yes, I suppose that would make a bunch of things less than playable. The Dark Gods know what that would do to PVP. But on the other hand, people would likely no longer complain about PUGing with single-button Snipers because, well...that's what we all would be, in a way!

You might think this merely a whimsical musing, however I keep wondering what ZOS is going to do a couple of years down the road when the CP cap is somewhere near 1k. You'd think they'd want to rebalance things somehow at that point, unless their stats show a very tiny number of people at or near the cap. Making a commitment to removing animation cancelling, while likely an ill-advised move, is certainly one possible way to blow up the system.
    • Aeladiir
      Aeladiir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
      General
      • Fixed an issue where other players could easily doctor or Photoshop images. You should no longer believe everything you read.
        • Note: Moving forward, if you come across an image that appears to be a patch note, simply visit the official ESO forums to see the truth for yourself.

:trollface:

Well you should fix the animation cancelling anyway.
    • Kanar
      Kanar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jarryzzt wrote: »
      You know...

...one wonders what would happen if it were true...

I would quit. Game would be slow and boring as ***. AC is the only thing that gives this game any semblance of action.
    • James-Wayne
      James-Wayne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They shouldn't remove it but they should make it easier for people to learn it and use it especially in places with high ping.
      PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
      James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
      529 people have also earned this badge.
    • LordSemaj
      LordSemaj
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jarryzzt wrote: »
      You might think this merely a whimsical musing, however I keep wondering what ZOS is going to do a couple of years down the road when the CP cap is somewhere near 1k. You'd think they'd want to rebalance things somehow at that point, unless their stats show a very tiny number of people at or near the cap. Making a commitment to removing animation cancelling, while likely an ill-advised move, is certainly one possible way to blow up the system.

Considering the Morrowind sustain nerf basically added heavy attacks to the rotation more which is okay only because of animation cancelling... they seem to be full on board with making it more of a thing rather than less.
    • MehrunesFlagon
      MehrunesFlagon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i wish
      Sigtric wrote: »
      technohic wrote: »
      LOL Now the title will show up on dev tracker and people will lost their minds.

The image that started this has been floating around for a while and I'm surprised it took as long as it did to get a post about it.. lol

well atleast that fake news is bringing people back, means people really do hate that animation canceling and dying in under one tenth of a second to a whole bunch of hits.
      animation canceling needs to be removed from eso.

No it needs to stay.
    • MehrunesFlagon
      MehrunesFlagon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      casparian wrote: »
      i wish
      Sigtric wrote: »
      technohic wrote: »
      LOL Now the title will show up on dev tracker and people will lost their minds.

The image that started this has been floating around for a while and I'm surprised it took as long as it did to get a post about it.. lol

well atleast that fake news is bringing people back, means people really do hate that animation canceling and dying in under one tenth of a second to a whole bunch of hits.
      animation canceling needs to be removed from eso.

If you're the kind of player who can be killed in under one second to multiple hits, then you're also the kind of player who can be killed in a few seconds without animation cancelling. It's not the bogeyman you think it is.

i see it happening to everyone, even fengrish while he was doing a teaching stream.
      he died in what looked like one hit.
      your trying to defend a cheat that was not intended, and needs removed.

it's called lag
    • MehrunesFlagon
      MehrunesFlagon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Theodard wrote: »
      Let's try to avoid bypassing the censor filter we have in place. Let us also try to avoid baiting or flaming anyone.

Now. As you were!

-Greg-

Awww but dad, we don't wanna do thaaaaaaaaaat.

we should remove the profanity filter.
    • Vapirko
      Vapirko
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      People still discussing ac like the patch notes were real. :D
    • imredneckson
      imredneckson
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
      General
        • Note: Moving forward, if you come across an image that appears to be a patch note, simply visit the official ESO forums to see the truth for yourself.

VERY NICE GINA!!!! Very nice!!! xD
      Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
      Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
      Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
      Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
      http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
      High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
      High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
    • xeNNNNN
      xeNNNNN
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
      General

LOL

well played xD
      Edited by xeNNNNN on February 9, 2018 12:57AM
      Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    • xeNNNNN
      xeNNNNN
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kalante wrote: »
      People who want AC removed are just baddies and a small minority. I doubt they even do vet trials, pvp, or anything that requires quick reaction.

I agree. They should just l2macro like everyone else.

uhhhhhh don't encourage them please, you'll make me sad :(
      Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    • Libonotus
      Libonotus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lol
    • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
      alainjbrennanb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kalante wrote: »
      People who want AC removed are just baddies and a small minority. I doubt they even do vet trials, pvp, or anything that requires quick reaction.

I agree. They should just l2macro like everyone else.

well watchout out for me in pvp, iam building a macro add that will make me be able to hit both bars in just over a second ;p
      Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
    • DoctorESO
      DoctorESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 2:52AM
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
      General

LOL. But seriously, who would have believed the fake ones. Zos clearly made more changes during the past year making animation canceling even more significant. Like they are going to do that then say, oops.
    • MetalHead4x4
      MetalHead4x4
      ✭✭✭
      The animation was originally intended to be seen, it's animates a cast or ability in use. To be able to bypass it is dumb, not everyone can AC like me I have nerve damage in my hand. What if people are disabled? Have injuries? We're supposed to just be out-gunned? It needs to be removed. Having 3 Lethal Arrows in the air simultaneously is ridiculous.
      PC/NA Daevyen the Warlock (Sorc)
    • commdt
      commdt
      ✭✭✭✭
      Actually theres no such thing as animation cancelling. Our NB deal the same 50k with or without it, cause you cancel animation but not a cooldown on ability use. Bar swap works though as you swap during cooldown.
      Rawr
    • James-Wayne
      James-Wayne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      DoctorESO wrote: »
      If animation cancelling were indeed removed, what would the DPS drop be like?

Around 25-30k max per single target
      PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
      James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
      529 people have also earned this badge.
    • monktoasty
      monktoasty
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I wish..it's such a game breaker
    • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
      xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      im curious if this thread is misleading how come it wasn't closed already?
    • Mureel
      Mureel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Let's try to avoid bypassing the censor filter we have in place. Let us also try to avoid baiting or flaming anyone.

Now. As you were!

-Greg-

It always kills me. I've got this huge repository of hilariously bizarre .gifs that are perfect for weird situations that pop up on the boards... but I can't use them because of the profanity. :(

And yet....esrb.gif
      smh
    • LordSemaj
      LordSemaj
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      im curious if this thread is misleading how come it wasn't closed already?

Because even ZOS wants to show off their troll post now and then. A locked topic would just fall off the page.
    • Mureel
      Mureel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      The animation was originally intended to be seen, it's animates a cast or ability in use. To be able to bypass it is dumb, not everyone can AC like me I have nerve damage in my hand. What if people are disabled? Have injuries? We're supposed to just be out-gunned? It needs to be removed. Having 3 Lethal Arrows in the air simultaneously is ridiculous.

So because some people use wheelchairs, we should all use wheelchairs? because some people are blind, we should all wear blindfolds?

Also, do NOT TELL ME you cannot press a key with your LEFT hand as you click your left mouse button or bar swap or block with the other. :|

That is all there is to it.
    • Sigtric
      Sigtric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not animation cancelling. You can't use lethal arrow more than once a ~second with out some kind of exploit or lag causing them to stack and seemingly go off at once.

Animation cancelling is canceling the animation of a light attack with an ability. Or cancelling am ability with a an animation longer than the gcd like volley with a bar swap. You still can't make things fire faster than the gcd allows for.

This is half the problem with the anti animation cancelling crowd. You folks have no clue what it actually is or how it works.
      Edited by Sigtric on February 9, 2018 5:38AM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
      Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
      [/center]
    • LordSemaj
      LordSemaj
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Pretty much. The global cooldown only allows for 1 ability every tick. The reason people do better damage than you is they are getting 1 ability + 1 light or heavy attack in. Every rotation for damage says to do ability, light attack, ability, light attack, ability, light attack etc but if you're doing it without cancelling and it takes you longer to perform the next ability then you are doing inferior damage to what you could be doing.

It's not even that hard to do, I guarantee every one of you has done it accidentally at times. It's not something that comes naturally, it's something that has to be practiced and attempted purposefully. It takes a degree of timing since if you do it too early, before your light/heavy attack begins, then it will simply do the next skill and skip the attack entirely. ESO works on a limited queue system and if you ever noticed whether due to lag or mashing buttons sometimes an ability will fire off after another one even though you hit that ability a while ago. Cancelling is just abusing that queue and the cancel-ability of normal attacks in favor of skill execution priority or block/switch priority over skills.

Sure you might see a video of someone quick casting a skill by blocking or bar switching as soon as the skill animation starts but that doesn't mean they're getting in more skills than you. It just means the animation was skipped, the global cooldown still exists and prevents the next skill from going off.
    • PlagueSD
      PlagueSD
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
      General

@ZOS_GinaBruno wins the internet!!!!