Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake news
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's a fake patch note that's been circulating various discords. It's fake guys. Stop spreading rumors.

Look, here's another "leaked" patch note. It's not hard to do.

Screenshot_73.png

Edited by casparian on February 8, 2018 6:01PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

thanks for preserving my pre-edit before I gave in to fear of the banhammer :D
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 8, 2018 7:43PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

thanks for preserving my pre-edit before I gave in to fear of the banhammer :D

lul whoooops
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 8, 2018 7:45PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    Btw flying dragons are being added to every zone in eso

Great news!
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
    Options
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should it's a exploit - as in was not intended
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would be good to remove it...rather balance the ocmbat system around the mechanics how they are supposed to be
    Options
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lolololololol
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on May 11, 2019 4:37AM
    Options
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It perhaps originally wasn't intended but now it's essential for a lot of end game content. The main means for animation cancelling--bar swapping and block--aren't things they can remove from the game and making it so you can't do those actions until an animation is complete would be pretty disastrous for pve combat.

I don't like how ZOS acts like it's not part of the combat system, but it is.
    Edited by jssriot on February 8, 2018 6:16PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »

It perhaps originally wasn't intended but now it's essential for a lot of end game content. The main means for animation cancelling--bar swapping and block--aren't things they can remove from the game and making it so you can't do those actions until an animation is complete would be pretty disastrous for pve combat.

I don't like how ZOS acts like it's not part of the combat system, but it is.

It's a side effect of being able to bar swap, block or dodge, or activate a skill when you need to to react to being attacked.
    It was not intended to be a DPS mechanic but it became one. End game content is balanced around DPS numbers that are present using it. It's not going to go anywhere. Basically it was designed into the game for reaction purposes and started being used for a different purpose (DPS gains)

The fake patch notes going around don't even mention removing it, just that 'cancelling an animation also cancels the function of the ability being cancelled'. The big DPS gains don't even come from ACing abilities, but rather ACing light attacks, which was not mentioned at all in the "patch notes".

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where other players could easily doctor or Photoshop images. You should no longer believe everything you read.
      • Note: Moving forward, if you come across an image that appears to be a patch note, simply visit the official ESO forums to see the truth for yourself.

:trollface:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL Now the title will show up on dev tracker and people will lose their minds.
    Edited by technohic on February 8, 2018 6:55PM
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where other players could easily doctor or Photoshop images. You should no longer believe everything you read.
      • Note: Moving forward, if you come across an image that appears to be a patch note, simply visit the official ESO forums to see the truth for yourself.

but..... but..... its the internet ..... i thought everything on the internet was true!!!
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    LOL Now the title will show up on dev tracker and people will lost their minds.

The image that started this has been floating around for a while and I'm surprised it took as long as it did to get a post about it.. lol

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
    General

SelfreliantElectricBluetickcoonhound-size_restricted.gif
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should no longer believe everything you read.
    Now you tell me ...
    sad2.gif

Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL this thread is making me laugh so hard and loud :lol:
    Edited by luen79rwb17_ESO on February 8, 2018 6:54PM
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read on the internet that we should not believe everything we read on the internet. I'm going to start, by not believing that.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on May 11, 2019 4:39AM
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i wish
    Sigtric wrote: »

The image that started this has been floating around for a while and I'm surprised it took as long as it did to get a post about it.. lol

well atleast that fake news is bringing people back, means people really do hate that animation canceling and dying in under one tenth of a second to a whole bunch of hits.
    animation canceling needs to be removed from eso.

If you're the kind of player who can be killed in under one second to multiple hits, then you're also the kind of player who can be killed in a few seconds without animation cancelling. It's not the bogeyman you think it is.
    Options
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be a dream come true tbh. Would be better for the game as a whole. Introduce skill queuing allowing placing up to 3 skills in queue, such that you don't experience too much "down time between" skill casts.

We'd actually see animations play out fully as intended.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
    Options
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    4mnn0yrum0a7.jpg

no598lgmubea.png
    General

LOL
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Options
    Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hahahahaha
    Gina_We_Know.jpg
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish
    Sigtric wrote: »

well atleast that fake news is bringing people back, means people really do hate that animation canceling and dying in under one tenth of a second to a whole bunch of hits.
    animation canceling needs to be removed from eso.

lol

But seriously
    giphy.gif

Removing it would fundamentally change the way combat works in this game, making it slow. You can't remove it with out making it so you have to wait for animations to finish to react to things like having to block or dodge.

Making it so it cancelled the function would just add another requirement check or calculation to the skill adding bloat to the game.

If people spent half the time learning how to AC as they do [snip] about it, they'd be good at it.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 8, 2018 8:48PM

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options