Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Critical Bug: Weapon swapping broken in PTS 3.3.x

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Quick update: We were finally able to reproduce this issue internally, and are now just waiting on a fix to come in. Thanks for all the additional info on this, everyone! Will keep you updated on the status.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick update: We were finally able to reproduce this issue internally, and are now just waiting on a fix to come in. Thanks for all the additional info on this, everyone! Will keep you updated on the status.

Good to know!

In the meantime, I inadvertently discovered another workaround. I was quite puzzled at why my main account's tank had horrible bar swap lag, but my alt account's tank--same class, same race, wearing the exact same gear sets--had much less bar swap lag (but still not as smooth as it was last patch).

I was trying literally everything and finally stumbled upon it: the choice of costume. My main tank usually wears the Pirate Sash and Bandolier. My alt account's tank usually wears the Nedic Keptu Armor. Once my main tank put on the Nedic costume, the bar swap lag was reduced substantially. Put the Pirate costume back on, and I was back to swaps that took over 1s. It's hilarious that the choice of costume made a difference.

I haven't gone through all my costumes yet to see which ones are good and which ones are bad. Just two data points, applicable for that specific character (the Nedic costume didn't do anything for my other characters, so there's probably some other variable lurking around here).
    Edited by code65536 on February 13, 2018 4:13PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I was trying literally everything and finally stumbled upon it: the choice of costume.

I can confirm that, stumbled over it myself today. When putting off the crown-store-costume of my magtemplar and making an outfit instead, I all of a sudden got lag (a small one though), which disappeared again when returning to the costume.

My magblade - wearing a simple disguise and never having been at an outfitter - was lagging right from the start. When I put off the disguise, the bar swap was 100% smooth.

Seems like the problem is somehow connected to the outfit (or disguise or costume) of the chars.

• Parablodia
    Parablodia
    ✭✭
    I have this bug on my magblade aswell. Changing costumes doesn't help me. But lowering texture quality to low significantly reduced the lag but not completely. My light attacks register a bit late hence i can't use Merciless Resolve properly. I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭

Awesome, thank you! I would recommend posting this in the main forums as well where more people would see it?
    Phoebe Anderson
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any updates on this? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates on this? @ZOS_GinaBruno

@Supernatural, there was a post in another thread that they'd managed to replicate the issue internally and were working on a fix.

EDIT: Found a concrete update here. Should be fixed on Monday. So we'll only need to live with this for a week (hopefully.)
    Caitsith wrote: »
    Hey guys, just want to let you know we were able to reproduce this issue internally, and are working on getting it fixed. Thanks for all the info!

This is a great news, but when it will be fixed? 1 week? 2 week? Can you give more details please? @ZOS_GinaBruno

We're currently testing a fix for it, and if it passes, we'll include it in Monday's incremental patch. We want to get this resolved as quickly as possible.
    Edited by starkerealm on February 14, 2018 6:37PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks