The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What THE F is wrong with BAR SWAP ???????????

• zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    ok so just did vHoF and while the low texture change helped outside of the trial, inside (especially) on the triplets it was very bad again. Also most people in my group were experiencing the same issue, even when they did not have it outside of the trial.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the same that that is wrong with the nightblade passive hemorrhage.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395286/nightblade-passive-hemorrhage-bugged-and-not-working
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 13, 2018 7:06AM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

We've seen reports of this and are looking into it, but we could use a few more details from you. Are you experiencing this while using a keyboard-and-mouse, or a gamepad?

Also, as @Nihility42 mentioned, some are reporting that this is happening when using the LUI addon. While we don't want to blame addons, it would be helpful to rule them out of the equation. The easiest way to do this is to copy your AddOns folder to your desktop, delete it from your "Elder Scrolls Online > live" folder and try running the game with nothing in your AddOns folder. If you don't see the issue, start placing addons back into your AddOns folder one at a time to see if the issue resurfaces.

Im running LUI addon and I do not have this bug.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • BrockofPercival
    BrockofPercival
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why bar swap is wonky but it is. I can only guess that when you bar swap it is a rtt to server and back, no idea why. Should just all be client side. Course maybe it is and the code client side simply stinks, the UI feels poorly coded overall.

The bar being weird (swapping randomly seemingly) or just not swapping has caused me quite a few deaths. Mostly in PvP, a couple in PvE.

• BrockofPercival
    BrockofPercival
    ✭✭✭
    Found a quick fix - set TEXTURE SETTINGS to low and swap will perform normally again.

Its only texture settings that make the difference, everything else can stay the same.

Added: Game looks really ugly with low textures though. Perfect conditions to admire your new outfit ... err ... or not

Why on earth would that matter at all?

But I'll try it.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just want to let you know we were able to reproduce this issue internally, and are working on getting it fixed. Thanks for all the info!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found a quick fix - set TEXTURE SETTINGS to low and swap will perform normally again.

Its only texture settings that make the difference, everything else can stay the same.

Added: Game looks really ugly with low textures though. Perfect conditions to admire your new outfit ... err ... or not

Why on earth would that matter at all?

But I'll try it.

Maybe they did some changes to how textures are loaded to save memory with the new outfit system? Maybe weapon textures are loaded on demand, including your own weapons causing a delay when swapping? Clearing textures weapon textures on the Second bar, while the other is active?

Something like that might be the reason low res textures solution work. Smaller size textures to load. = Less delay?
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love when Bugs I've had for a while go Mainstream... May be petty but It means I can finally hope for a fix...
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This rings a bell. I happen to have a really powerful watercooled overclocked computer in a way that I ususally never experience any graphical hickups or delays at all and have gotten used to this but I noticed last night right after logging in that I was experiencing small hickups at times. I would not be surprised if they are also related to textures...
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar's repentance seems to really make this ability occur. For some reason. Clensing ritual too.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tunepunk wrote: »
    Maybe they did some changes to how textures are loaded to save memory with the new outfit system? Maybe weapon textures are loaded on demand, including your own weapons causing a delay when swapping? Clearing textures weapon textures on the Second bar, while the other is active?

Something like that might be the reason low res textures solution work. Smaller size textures to load. = Less delay?

No. That would explain the visual delay, (sort of), but it wouldn't explain why blocking was disabled for the duration of the hung swap.
  • Letho2469
    Letho2469
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Hi all,

We've seen reports of this and are looking into it, but we could use a few more details from you. Are you experiencing this while using a keyboard-and-mouse, or a gamepad?

Also, as @Nihility42 mentioned, some are reporting that this is happening when using the LUI addon. While we don't want to blame addons, it would be helpful to rule them out of the equation. The easiest way to do this is to copy your AddOns folder to your desktop, delete it from your "Elder Scrolls Online > live" folder and try running the game with nothing in your AddOns folder. If you don't see the issue, start placing addons back into your AddOns folder one at a time to see if the issue resurfaces.

Im running LUI addon and I do not have this bug.

That applies to me aswell.
    Trial Progression:
    vAA: Hardmode
    vHRC: Hardmode
    vSO: Hardmode
    vMoL: Hardmode + dro-m'Athra-Destroyer
    vHoF: Hardmode + Tick Tock Tormentor
    vAS: Hardmode + Immortal Redeemer
    vCR: Hardmode + Gryphon Heart
    vSS: Hardmode
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have this issue in one computer, the other one is fine, seems to be addon related
  • menschikov2
    menschikov2
    ✭✭✭
    Also use low video-Settings is no solution. I had some guildmembers in the Raid yesterday who hat the setttings on low all the time and they hat the same lags as all the others. They had aso no Addons running so this can't be the Problem too.
    Together with the immoveble--bug this has caused a lot of wipes in MoL yesterday
  • Bajlk
    Bajlk
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Was reported on PTS but not addressed. I believe the ZOS response was "Have you tried deleting your add-ons folder?"
    Hi all,

lol
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never have a problem with it.....until I really need it to work. When EVER I get in a 1 v 1 , I can almost guarantee my weapon swap will not work at all and ill spam a buff instead. :(
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeh. Animation in general are delayed bad. It's hit and miss when it will happen or how long the animation q up for.

It feels like I'm wearing pirate skeleton again
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    schip wrote: »
    All addons disabled and I'm having trouble, too. How did they let this go live when they knew about it from the PTS?

It seems to be a texture issue. I turned textures to low and bar swap is ok again. A few people in my guild tried it too and had the same results
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    schip wrote: »
    All addons disabled and I'm having trouble, too. How did they let this go live when they knew about it from the PTS?

It seems to be a texture issue. I turned textures to low and bar swap is ok again. A few people in my guild tried it too and had the same results

Same. But I still can see a very-very little delay, mb something like ~.7s.
    On the other hand – why I have to change textures quality to low if I want bar swap to work correctly? It sounds a bit amusingly.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use a gamepad my friends with the same issue ise k+m...with add ons or without doesnt matter...with costume/outfit doesnt matter...seems to be more extrem on some chars...on my tanks its the worst with up to 2sec delay....

the first truly gamebreaking bug i have
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a thread in the Bug Reports forum also and there are a lot of us experiencing this bug and it makes the game unplayable. Literally.

It's not an add-on issue. The only two add-ons I'm using ATM are up-to-date, but I've also experienced the bug while all add-ons are disabled.

I've just been playing in Cyrodiil today, but it definitely gets worse with the more players around you. With a DC Zerg on me I couldn't swap weapons at all. Could it have something to do with all the extra rendering that needs to be done because of the outfit system?

Can you log in, can you play, can you talk to people? You can kill enemies? Is there a delay sure, but can you play? Then I guess the game isn't unplayable.

I'm guessing it is an add on issue, and if it is it's not on ZoS to fix the problem. it would be on the person that maintains the add on to find the issue and resolve it. ZoS will only make sure stuff "works" with the base install of the game essentially. That's how it should be. You think there are issues now, imagine if they had to know how every single add on works and interacts with their code...
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a thread in the Bug Reports forum also and there are a lot of us experiencing this bug and it makes the game unplayable. Literally.

It's not an add-on issue. The only two add-ons I'm using ATM are up-to-date, but I've also experienced the bug while all add-ons are disabled.

I've just been playing in Cyrodiil today, but it definitely gets worse with the more players around you. With a DC Zerg on me I couldn't swap weapons at all. Could it have something to do with all the extra rendering that needs to be done because of the outfit system?

Can you log in, can you play, can you talk to people? You can kill enemies? Is there a delay sure, but can you play? Then I guess the game isn't unplayable.

I'm guessing it is an add on issue, and if it is it's not on ZoS to fix the problem. it would be on the person that maintains the add on to find the issue and resolve it. ZoS will only make sure stuff "works" with the base install of the game essentially. That's how it should be. You think there are issues now, imagine if they had to know how every single add on works and interacts with their code...

People are reporting the issue with zero addons.

Apologize more.
  • Sweetare
    Sweetare
    ✭✭✭
    Tried the "low textures" workaround, it does work. Now I can bar swap, but the game looks like N64... yey! So much for a fast gaming rig... -_-

Hopefully the fix comes fast, along with the long loading screen fix.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you must be joking or ignorant
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing we all told them about bugs found on PTS prior to Live.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just want to let you know we were able to reproduce this issue internally, and are working on getting it fixed. Thanks for all the info!

This is a great news, but when it will be fixed? 1 week? 2 week? Can you give more details please? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Caitsith wrote: »

This is a great news, but when it will be fixed? 1 week? 2 week? Can you give more details please? @ZOS_GinaBruno

We're currently testing a fix for it, and if it passes, we'll include it in Monday's incremental patch. We want to get this resolved as quickly as possible.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you log in, can you play, can you talk to people?
    Yes. No. Yes.

So, I can do writs... yeah, that's a real use of my time.
    You can kill enemies?

No.

Random mobs in the world that offer no challenge normally? Yeah, sure, but it's unpleasant. The content I'd actually like to be running right now, like the new dungeons or trials? No. That I cannot run.
    Is there a delay sure, but can you play?

Nope. See above. I also can't run vet dungeons right now. Which means no set farming for the stuff I'm looking for to improve some builds. I can't experiment with some weirder builds I had in the pipeline because I can't work on getting the pieces. I can't compare DPS in any meaningful sense. Oh, right, and I can't tank, because having a six second bar swap when dealing with bosses that can hit you for 70k unmitigated are a bit harder to manage when you have to wait a tenth of a minute every time you need to get something off your back bar, like, say, a ranged taunt.
    Then I guess the game isn't unplayable.

I suppose I could log in and move stuff around in my house. But, that's not really the game, is it? That's just a side thing you can do to amuse yourself while waiting for a queue.
    I'm guessing it is an add on issue, and if it is it's not on ZoS to fix the problem.

Which is of course why the problem occurs on clean installs.

This would also be why this occurred on the PTS with addons disabled.

Finally, addons would be the exact reason that ZOS was able to replicate the issue internally on their own systems. You know, ones that aren't running addons.
    it would be on the person that maintains the add on to find the issue and resolve it.

Which, in this case, would be ZOS, because the "addon" at fault is ESO 3.3.x.
    ZoS will only make sure stuff "works" with the base install of the game essentially.

Which, of course, they did not, in this case. But, you know.
    That's how it should be.

Which is hilarious, given they significantly overhauled the API in order to deal with Miat's. I understand that ZOS isn't responsible for maintaining addons, but they do, kinda, need to know what those addons can do.
    You think there are issues now, imagine if they had to know how every single add on works and interacts with their code...

Some of the things you've said were either slightly inaccurate, or lacked information and were based on supposition. This? This is completely wrong. ZOS does need to know how every addon interacts with their code. That's not, "oh, it would be nice," they need that information from a security and balance standpoint.

Remember, one of the big changes with 3.3.x was the removal of Miat's PvP Alerts. This was an addon that gave the user a significant advantage by informing the user of all kinds of "hidden" API calls. It virtually negated the use of stealth in some situations, and represented a serious game balance issue.

In general, it doesn't matter if someone's running an addon like RaidNotifier or TeamFormation. They're very useful addons, to be sure, but they don't give you a direct advantage over a living opponent.

In fact, the entire concept of the API (Application Programming Interface) is to control how addons interact with the base software and ensure they don't pull down data that the user shouldn't be privy to. Nor do they allow the user to manipulate data that should remain out of reach. MMOs need full control over what the end user does to it. That's not an, "oh, it'd be nice," this is a necessary function.

Now, to be fair, APIs are basically a software gatekeeper. You interact with it and make specific requests or receive specific data. ESO is not a game like Skyrim, where you can (with a little time) develop an entirely new set of loot tables. That is possible in games where you have full, direct, database access. ZOS needs to know if you're trying to get that or manipulate it. It's why the addons in ESO are so much more conservative than the total overhauls you'll see in the single player Elder Scrolls games or Fallout.

It's true that ZOS shouldn't be expected to have real-time knowledge of every addon in development and what it does, however, knowing what those addons can do to the code is absolutely vital information.
    Edited by starkerealm on February 14, 2018 6:08PM
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caitsith wrote: »

We're currently testing a fix for it, and if it passes, we'll include it in Monday's incremental patch. We want to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Awesome! Thank you very much for you answer. :)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's locking out bar swap completely in some fights. Seems like lag or caluclations we're too much.This also seemed to not be as bad Monday. It all got point of unplayable once I turned add on, but turned off after.

P.S would take long maintenance over not playing for a week.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom