Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

For the people saying the female costumes are getting too kinky...

Solohope
Solohope
✭✭✭
I know with this post I would be going going over the unsaid forum rule of 1 post per day, but bare with me.

I have seen quite of people in-game and on the forums saying that the new nocturnal costume is too kinky and the game is becoming like the asian mmo's and all that other crap. So, I went the Elder Scrolls Wiki and the Nocturnal page.

Here is the link:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Nocturnal

The costume isn't too kinky it's lore friendly, this is legit what Nocturnal wears. The people at ZoS aren't trying to make this one of those games where you get those "My *** brought me here." situations.

I have also seen a lot of comments complaining about how this game has too many costumes revealing women's bodies and none (or very few) for men. I don't know why in the world you would even want that, but there are plenty.

Here are a few:
-Upriver” Striped Sash-Kilt
-Black Marsh Keeper
-Dark Shaman
-Pirate Swab Outift

There are many more but I don't really have the patience to sit through all of that. So here is a link where you can find them:
https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/pirate-swab/

Speaking from a normal day-to-day perspective I see a lot more women in clothes that show their cleavage than I do see guys that walk around without shirts. Keep in mind this a M rated game with one of the content descriptors being "Sexual Themes" if you are seriously bothered by seeing an inch of cleavage than perhaps this isn't the game for you.

I've seen too many complains about this subject which makes no sense to me so I felt the need to put this all out there.
PC NA - @Solohope
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it also has to do with the fact that most armour in this game actually looks protective, unlike in other MMO's, and some people don't like their immersion broken

No one else has any right to tell you how to make your pixels look, and every outfit in this game can be justified as lore friendly in some way shape or form.

[Edited to remove baiting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on February 4, 2018 4:26PM
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Solohope
    Solohope
    ✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Blame the rising political correctness culture that stops people from enjoying things on the off chance that some snowflakes feelings might get hurt.

I think it also has to do with the fact that most armour in this game actually looks protective, unlike in other MMO's, and some people don't like their immersion broken

No one else has any right to tell you how to make your pixels look, and every outfit in this game can be justified as lore friendly in some way shape or form.

The thing that I don't understand is HOW does someone's immersion break, it's lore friendly. Like it's called "Nocturnal Dress" and guess what: It's Nocturnal's *** dress, Like what are you expecting?
    PC NA - @Solohope
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care for it at all but I also don't expect the game to revolve around my likes/dislikes. If the costume makes others happy, fine by me. I dislike all ARMOR that seems rather unpractical but costumes are a different thing.

My immersion isn't threatened by those who prefer err...exposure. :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solohope wrote: »
    Blame the rising political correctness culture that stops people from enjoying things on the off chance that some snowflakes feelings might get hurt.

The thing that I don't understand is HOW does someone's immersion break, it's lore friendly. Like it's called "Nocturnal Dress" and guess what: It's Nocturnal's *** dress, Like what are you expecting?

Something to do with attacking a castle and seeing a fat orc in a wedding dress standing next to you might take away a bit of the magic of playing war.

On the other hand, this is Elder Scrolls, a series that will interrupt you mid dragon fight so a naked man can deliver a message
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also seen a lot of comments complaining about how this game has too many costumes revealing women's bodies and none (or very few) for men. I don't know why in the world you would even want that, but there are plenty.

Here are a few:
    -Upriver” Striped Sash-Kilt
    -Black Marsh Keeper
    -Dark Shaman
    -Pirate Swab Outift

There are many more but I don't really have the patience to sit through all of that. So here is a link where you can find them:
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/pirate-swab/

Speaking from a normal day-to-day perspective I see a lot more women in clothes that show their cleavage than I do see guys that walk around without shirts.

I guess I'll respond here since I was one of the more recent people to make this complaint.

I'll start by mentioning that I'm not against skimpy clothing. But the fact that you can point out a few examples of skimpy male clothing doesn't really change the fact that, for the past year, female outfits have been almost exclusively skimpy in some way while there were only three new skimpy male outfits added. Even if female clothing tends to be more revealing in general, this is a huge imbalance.

To that point: we should be looking at it from an Elder Scrolls perspective, not from the perspective of whatever cultures each of us happen to inhabit. Generally speaking, the last three TES games have had a roughly 1:1 ratio in terms of male-to-female skimpy outfits. Not saying it was some sort of egalitarian objectification paradise, but in most cases if you found one skimpily dressed gender, you'd find both. (The honor of notable exceptions go to Desele's House of Earthly Delights and the Tavern Clothes from Skyrim.)

What really gets me about this is that my main character looks best in elegant, relatively modest dresses, and I've had zero urge to buy any of the costumes in the last year for her. A whole year of this! I didn't really make the connection until people started talking about this new Nocturnal robe, but the extra cleavage windows and exposed midriffs were probably one of the major factors. Mind you, I have a few alts who are happy to dress like this, and I even got one of the skimpy Argonian costumes for them--but they're just alts, and I'm not exactly rearing to drop a ton of crowns on their fashion needs.

At least we should be getting some lovely new Altmeri dresses with the upcoming chapter.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The daedric princes do enjoy.... enflaming the passions.... of mortals.

They know too well love and lust makes people stupid and malleable.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thread about "kinky costumes", no pictures.

Epic fail is epic!

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell if the op post is a straw man or simply based on incorrect ideas about the reasons there's push back about costumes... :(9

(Also: lore is lore, but irl people decided that this is the costume they wanted to model & sell.)
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love showing cleavage and legs but I don't like that dress and I think it is way over priced. There are other outfits that show cleavage, are less expensive and are nicer.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Epic fail is epic!

All The Best

Go away with “All the best”
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Epic fail is epic!

All The Best

Go away with “All the best”

*tosses a Snickers bar*

Grouch. ;)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Won't satisfied until my toon is wearing this
    organic-armor-bra.jpg
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on February 4, 2018 11:37AM
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen way more responses to the costume being badly designed than I have seen about it being "kinky"
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    *Runs off to Crown Store to buy Nocturnal's dress for male Orc*
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I came from korean trashy MMOs, so I'm pretty fed up with cleavage and kinda appreciate lack of cleavage in ESO.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Going to be boring and repeat what have posted before about this.

Not offended by cleavage. Quite like orcs in wedding dresses - adds flavour.

I actually wish there were more revealing costumes for both sexes. There are these amazing tattoos you can choose but no real chance to see them! So annoying! So my female redguard dk will be running around in her skimpy harem gear not because it is 'sexy' but because I want to show off her beautiful gold skin tats.

It just a game. Remember to have fun.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps for a slightly more different example, the Morrowind robes I wanted looked like this:
    MW-item-Exquisite_Robes.jpg

Its ugly as sin and a horrendous fashion crime, to be sure, but that's Morrowind fashion. Perhaps someone can correct me, but I don't recall seeing boob-windows in the original Morrowind clothing. Robes and clothing ranging from simple to extravagant, yes. Eyewatering color combos, yes. Telvanni deciding that giant insects make excellent clothing decorations, yes. Boob windows? No.

I'm well aware that there's a 700ish year difference between ESO's Morrowind and TES III Morrowind. That's plenty of time for fashion to change (And Almalexia's fashion sense never changes, so make of that what you will). I am disappointed that I didn't get any of the TES III style clothing that I liked because ZOS wanted boob windows.
  • HorrorShow
    HorrorShow
    ✭✭✭✭
    What the hell is female clothing? Can't any gender wear any outfit in this game?
    "Never go in, miss. Never say a prayer at its door. If you are angry, do not seek revenge by the Laughing Maiden Stone, or at the threshold of the Tombs. There be those who listen for oaths and vows...What may be said in innocence and ire becomes flesh and blood in such places."
    -Old Marsh
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where are these mystical complaints? I think I have seen like 2 posts in recent times.....

I would rather have people be politically correct than be social injustice warriors.

Also, baiting, hard, just so you know.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Except it's not - because it's nowhere near as good! I wish it looked more like the skyrim one <3
    Edited by Mureel on February 4, 2018 2:05PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HorrorShow wrote: »
    What the hell is female clothing? Can't any gender wear any outfit in this game?

Every gender can wear any outfit in this game, yeah.

So if you ask me what I'm going to call "female" clothing, I'm going to lean historically when appropriate.

Costume designed from historically feminine clothing:
    Noble-Dress-Female-Front.jpg

Costume designed from historically feminine clothing worn by a male character which is an awesome option:
    Noble-Dress-Male-Front.jpg

Examples of said historical clothing design from which the costume is designed:
    The-Other-Boleyn-Girl-the-other-boleyn-girl-17169828-500-333.jpg
    X49543_9.jpg

But hey, if Dunmer gentlemen decide to pay homage to their ancestors looking like this, who am I to judge? (Funny how ZOS only put this outfit on female NPCs, to my knowledge.)
    Ancestral-Homage-Formal-Gown-Male-Close-Front.jpg
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thought is... I want to be able to dress my character how "I" want him to look- who cares what OTHER PEOPLE think!! In fact, keep in mind that our character is the SOLE 'vestige' and other player's character technically don't exist (hence the reason we can run through them). So if you want to complain about LORE or 'immersion', then realize that what you're seeing truly doesn't exist in ESO's 'real world', because if they existed we wouldn't be able to run through them. :p

Further, the fact that ZOS seems to have a desire to produce much more female revealing outfits than male is quite infuriating... there should be just as many options for men as women in that regard. I'm looking forward to being able to use the Mazzatun 'outfit' on my characters when the next update goes Live, but would like to see ZOS even the playing field more in this regard.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I barely notice the things people wear in this game. Everything looks so similar, nothing like GW2, WoW, or even FF14. Nothing really stands out, besides this kind of dress, or the bath towel.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps for a slightly more different example, the Morrowind robes I wanted looked like this:

Its ugly as sin and a horrendous fashion crime, to be sure, but that's Morrowind fashion. Perhaps someone can correct me, but I don't recall seeing boob-windows in the original Morrowind clothing. Robes and clothing ranging from simple to extravagant, yes. Eyewatering color combos, yes. Telvanni deciding that giant insects make excellent clothing decorations, yes. Boob windows? No.

I'm well aware that there's a 700ish year difference between ESO's Morrowind and TES III Morrowind. That's plenty of time for fashion to change (And Almalexia's fashion sense never changes, so make of that what you will). I am disappointed that I didn't get any of the TES III style clothing that I liked because ZOS wanted boob windows.

That robe, man. That's all I ever wanted in this game.
    That, and a freaking Telvanni Cephalopod helmet.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HorrorShow wrote: »

Every gender can wear any outfit in this game, yeah.

So if you ask me what I'm going to call "female" clothing, I'm going to lean historically when appropriate.

Costume designed from historically feminine clothing:
    Noble-Dress-Female-Front.jpg

Costume designed from historically feminine clothing worn by a male character which is an awesome option:
    Noble-Dress-Male-Front.jpg

Examples of said historical clothing design from which the costume is designed:
    The-Other-Boleyn-Girl-the-other-boleyn-girl-17169828-500-333.jpg
    X49543_9.jpg

But hey, if Dunmer gentlemen decide to pay homage to their ancestors looking like this, who am I to judge? (Funny how ZOS only put this outfit on female NPCs, to my knowledge.)
    Ancestral-Homage-Formal-Gown-Male-Close-Front.jpg

History didn't all happen in Europe.
    PC EU
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently, I missed all the posts complaining about how...provocative Nocturnal's garment is. I've only seen complaints about its questionable construction, armpit holes, and clipping issues.

"Will someone think of the children?!" indeed.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    I barely notice the things people wear in this game. Everything looks so similar, nothing like GW2, WoW, or even FF14. Nothing really stands out, besides this kind of dress, or the bath towel.

Are you insane? Every single one of the games everyone not only looks a like but are literally wearing the same outfits causes there's only a few

If you look closer..it's extremely rare to see anyone wearing the same exact thing in eso..lots of different colors and mixtures of pieces. It's just the towel and the dress are just way put there in design..it doesn't mean everything else is the same.

At any rate the new outfit sysyem coming will change everything and you will see an even more extreme diversity in colors and clothing. And green swords.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Styles do change. In a few hundred years, those poster boards they are wearing will be used to advertise hot dogs and income tax preparation companies. :smile:

Specific to Vvardenfell, there is also a major climate and atmosphere difference between ESO and TES 3, due to the events that happen after ESO. Clothing will follow suit.

Specific to those pictures, aren't those the Imperial Cult priest robes? I don't think the Dunmer wore poster boards.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Something to do with attacking a castle and seeing a fat orc in a wedding dress standing next to you might take away a bit of the magic of playing war.

On the other hand, this is Elder Scrolls, a series that will interrupt you mid dragon fight so a naked man can deliver a message

What if the fat orc in a wedding dress was in line with you at the grocery checkout?

Body shaming sexist imo
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I please have a Nocturnal statue to put in my garden ? <3

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Nocturnal

She certainly looks better than an Orc ;)

PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
This discussion has been closed.