Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

For the people saying the female costumes are getting too kinky...

• deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, the majority of costumes in the game can be worn and look good, by any gender. Don’t want a skimpy one? Don’t buy it. Sorry people can’t be catered to for the insanely specific clothes style. Don’t like the mages robe? Who’s problem is that? Your own. People need to stop saying there arent enough female oriented costumes when there are, you just choose not to wear them. ZoS at least makes some stuff that’s definitely more female oriented, but then people complain about that.

This isn’t a mall where you walk around and take five hours to shop for a dress. It’s a video game. Let’s be honest here for a second, women and clothes choice is like quantum mechanics. It’s very complicated and most people will never understand it, and that’s okay.

This “everything must be to my exact standards or it’s wrong” crap needs to stop. If anything is sexist it’s the fact there is no male thong I can run around in!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we maybe keep this discussion on topic? If you want to debate feminism and feminists, maybe start your own thread that can be heavily moderated as opposed to derailing this one with continuing discussion?
    On topic:

My complaints with some of the kinky outfits are just...

Who thought claw-shaped bras were okay? So uncomfortable!
    Golden-Saint-Female-Close-Front.jpg
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the Kinky :)
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be completely honest,
    used to wear my more less-covering outfits around town or home
    and tank in my heavy gear, dyed all fancy for added effect

but the complaints on the forum
    made me decide to start tanking in the least covering outfits available

personally justify it to myself as my characters having the divine protection of Dibella

remember to have fun <3
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fanglair light chest + Mazzatun light "pants" + tall female altmer with a breast slider at max = win
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are still complaining about how much outfits do or do not show? I though we had all decided to move on from that and rage about the *** looking hip flaps and mud flaps?

Im always so behind.
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see any issues with sexy outfits as long as there's no disparity between female and male versions.
    SexistGame.jpg

It could also apply with modest female version vs sexy male versions. :wink:

But those who defend the inclusion of skimpy costumes for females (telling people to deal with it), while at the same time rejecting the addition of skimpy outfits for males, are a huge example of hypocrisy.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for being off topic and mostly flaming, which is against the Forum Rules. For further posts please be sure to stay on topic, constructive and respectful.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see any issues with sexy outfits as long as there's no disparity between female and male versions.
    SexistGame.jpg
    Even the top one isn't sexist...

In regards to other comments here, I've always found the "but the revealing armor isn't efficient realistically" to be a bad arguement, considering how light "armor" is useless realistically or how many admit styles have flaws in them too. After all, not all armor designs are equal. I'm sure some really cool looking armor designs are very problematic. Yet no one complains about this nor should they. Costumes in themselves are almost entirely useless realistically.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What... How is this costume kinky?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    What... How is this costume kinky?

Exactly my point, this costume is not kinky at all following mostly used dictionaries defining the word "kinky".

Anyway, kinky or just suggestive, I like this costume very much, I wouldn't feel comfortable running with it in Tamriel, being a little bit RP-ish in my game, but at home in the evening at the fireplace, why not? It's really a piece of nice and lovely craftwork in my opinion <3

The only (admittably very slight ;)) reproach I could think of here is the price, 2k Crowns is a bit on the high side for a piece of loungewear in my opinion.

So, waiting for the sales B)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solohope wrote: »
    I know with this post I would be going going over the unsaid forum rule of 1 post per day, but bare with me.

I have seen quite of people in-game and on the forums saying that the new nocturnal costume is too kinky and the game is becoming like the asian mmo's and all that other crap. So, I went the Elder Scrolls Wiki and the Nocturnal page.

Here is the link:
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Nocturnal

The costume isn't too kinky it's lore friendly, this is legit what Nocturnal wears. The people at ZoS aren't trying to make this one of those games where you get those "My *** brought me here." situations.

I have also seen a lot of comments complaining about how this game has too many costumes revealing women's bodies and none (or very few) for men. I don't know why in the world you would even want that, but there are plenty.

Here are a few:
    -Upriver” Striped Sash-Kilt
    -Black Marsh Keeper
    -Dark Shaman
    -Pirate Swab Outift

There are many more but I don't really have the patience to sit through all of that. So here is a link where you can find them:
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/pirate-swab/

Speaking from a normal day-to-day perspective I see a lot more women in clothes that show their cleavage than I do see guys that walk around without shirts. Keep in mind this a M rated game with one of the content descriptors being "Sexual Themes" if you are seriously bothered by seeing an inch of cleavage than perhaps this isn't the game for you.

I've seen too many complains about this subject which makes no sense to me so I felt the need to put this all out there.

it is quite easy, if you don´t like, don´t wear it!
    but don´t bass others, cauze they like it and wear it
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man if I could get away with wearing the outfits my characters did, I would be so happy. If I want to fight in Cyrodiil while wearing a mini skirt I damn well will!

latest?cb=20140428234505

"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see costumes in ESO as a kind of illusion magic - they can hide what else you are wearing underneath, even they have like nothing cloth-wise to cover it up ... ergo ...has to be illusion magic. So they aren't revealing anything, it's all just a matter of the illusion which comes with the costume - not real skin revealed, it is just in your mind. See it like that and problem gone.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Apparently, I missed all the posts complaining about how...provocative Nocturnal's garment is. I've only seen complaints about its questionable construction, armpit holes, and clipping issues.

"Will someone think of the children?!" indeed.

No children in this game :*
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. if we want to go there - most of the "exclusive" mounts are far more immersion breaking than costumes. At least it is not as fancy as in asian MMOs, where one has to run around like a school girl with a too short skirt and looking like a child.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're taking this too seriously.

But if we are trying to apply realistic scenarios to ESO battles: How come for example our characters have ~20k health (whatever unit that would be realistically), and some veteran dungeon bosses have 6+M health and can thus take three hundred times as much injury?

I could maybe see that if you let's say compare the aforementioned delicate "wood elf lass" with a full-fledged dragon with five-inch-thick scales and all. But look at Drodda for example. She looks very much like a regular human sorceress to me. So how can she have 300 times more "health" than a burly Nord or Orc warrior?

This is a video game. The realism stops when your click "PLAY" in that launcher application.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, historical representation is anyway bogus - we are playing on Nirn, a planet somewhere in the universe, but certainly not any near to earth - why should earth's history and habits have any impact on ESO's game world?
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue came up with the release of the game Dragon's Crown. Penny Arcarde made an insightful observation; I won't post the comic here, but google "penny arcade comic character selection" (without the quotes) and click on the first link.

Though I gotta be honest, if that barbarian costume was in the store, heck YEAH I'd use it!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mor3 kink
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people want to run around looking cheap and having no dignity or class, that's their prerogative. :D

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people want to run around looking cheap and having no dignity or class, that's their prerogative. :D

Even worse are those with a low tolerance ability.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

And even worse than those are those with a high tolerance ability.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thoughts of Khajiit are thus ...

Is the outfit suitable for the intended purpose and for the climate?

It is fine to have swimwear that only covers a few chosen parts yes - because that is what swimwear does.

It is fine to have a shapely ballgown or outfit for a special occasion. For the lady or for the gentleman.

It is not find to run round town always in your underwear. You will catch a chill. Though this one is all for a slightly greater choice of underwear.

It is not fine to have armour that exposes vulnerable places because that ends up costing more soul gems in the long run yes.

It is not fine to have cold weather clothing that does not cover you up properly because frostbite requires an expensive trip to the healer.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I said before - ESO costumes are pieces with illusion magic - nothing is revealed - we all are wearing full armor sets - the illusion woven in the costume is what makes you think, there would be exposed body parts - but there aren't.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I said before - ESO costumes are pieces with illusion magic - nothing is revealed - we all are wearing full armor sets - the illusion woven in the costume is what makes you think, there would be exposed body parts - but there aren't.

Well... maybe... :*
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is fine to have swimwear that only covers a few chosen parts yes - because that is what swimwear does.

It is fine to have a shapely ballgown or outfit for a special occasion. For the lady or for the gentleman.

It is not find to run round town always in your underwear. You will catch a chill. Though this one is all for a slightly greater choice of underwear.

It is not fine to have armour that exposes vulnerable places because that ends up costing more soul gems in the long run yes.

It is not fine to have cold weather clothing that does not cover you up properly because frostbite requires an expensive trip to the healer.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

btw santie - congratulation to the community ambassador - I always liked your input.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can see a trend of @Zos trying to see how far they can go. The cleavage and skin gets more with the costumes:

From
    Buoyant-Gentility-Female-Close-Front_thumb.jpg

To
    Holiday-in-Balmora-Female-Close-Front_thumb.jpg
    and Egg-Sister-Bias-Cut-Casual-Wear-Female-Front_thumb.jpg

To Nocturnal.

Well i can only cheer to this. Is it lore breaking? Neh don't think so. Who needs 100% protecting armor armor when you can have a magical shield. And light armor, a robe, doesn't do much protection anyway, naked or not. It's just cloth, not kevlar.

And in skyrim people were bathing without clothes, girls danced in the house of earthly delights in Morrowind and the only reason this game doesn't have more skin is because they want the game to be rated for a bigger audience.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm. Kind of like those cooking aprons with images of bikini on them etc. Or these trousers I saw a women wearing at a pub that had an image of a backside right where her backside was. :)

You make an interesting point. Have an insightful.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

btw santie - congratulation to the community ambassador - I always liked your input.

This one thanks you for your kind words. Nothing has changed in the life of this one since becoming an ambassador except that now she has a castle with two solid gold conveniences and also a zombie butler.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
This discussion has been closed.