Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

For the people saying the female costumes are getting too kinky...

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for it so I can make my return!

rvZo4.jpg
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally i'm staying out of this kind of discussion but i'm slowly getting annoyed with every new thread.

You already won op. Zos is already making these costumes and will do many more while slowly aiming for less and less clothes.
    They have no reason to stop with that practice since it generates money. I don't even blame them since revealing redguard, argonian or in the case nocturnal costumes are part of the lore.
    Also i heard money is a pretty nice thing.

But what excalty to you hope to archive with this thread?

That those who prefer opposite to simply give up and kiss your feet while asking for forgiveness? That they wrote public announcements how wrong they are and will glady buy these costumes too because metal and leather armours are useless in a fantasy setting.
    Are different opinions are forbidden while yet certain people in this thread cry about political correctnes and other buzzwords?

You already won regarding costumes.
    Zos won't change their tactics because of a few dozends people on the forums.
    What else do you want?
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is my most recent PvP outfit. A little sexy and scary. :)

scary.jpg

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you are comparing a woman showing cleavage to a man walking around in public without a shirt...?

"The hells wrong with you?"

Whats great about eso is the provision by ZOS for choice. Want to wear a dress? Done. Want to look like a fully armored warrior? Done. Want to look like a clown? Done.

Choice.

• Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    You can see a trend of @Zos trying to see how far they can go. The cleavage and skin gets more with the costumes:

Except it didn't really go that way. The belly dancer/desert party & pirate outfits are before those. the Graht Climber's Activewear are before those, and (if I recall correctly), the dark elf cleavage outfits came in the reversed order (the sleeveless top & pants came out before the dress).

So they're not really a progression of increasing skimpyness. /shrug

edit: oh, yeah, didn't the first round of Argonian skirt outfits come before the Balmora cleavage ones, as well? Or not?
    edit2: and Dark Shaman was a good while ago, too.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on February 5, 2018 4:59PM
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    Stick it on an Argonian and tell me it's kinky!
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people want to run around looking cheap and having no dignity or class, that's their prerogative. :D

What dignity and class is there to lose in a video game character? :D

It's not even looking cheap or having no dignity. Some people want an outfit that they like that also shows off their VMOL/VHOF/VAS/VFalk/VCOS/VMAZZ/Crown Store skin. What's the point in getting a skin if you can't even see it and some people want to see as much of it as they can, like me, because we like it.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on February 5, 2018 5:19PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Great post Solo. However, some have their own oppinikns and others just want to complain.

After all, it's an MMO. I think the costume is just fine as well. Far from the skimpy bikini typecloths even in major MMOs.
    • Minno
      Minno
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

rvZo4.jpg

I'd pay 5000 crowns for a Bruce Campbell polymorph!
      Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
      - Guild-lead for MV
      - Filthy Casual
    • jaye63
      jaye63
      ✭✭✭✭
      Well- To the puritanicals I say... it's rated M for mature. You knew that going into the game. The ratings are there just for you so you can avoid them. Not so you can infiltrate and save the souls of everyone in the game.

And to the other side- Seriously? The next thing you know everyone will be running around naked. And with the Nord bather's costume, they're almost there already.

There needs to be a balance between lore and decency. Even tho there are restrictions on age, there ARE kids playing the game. Not that MTV(when it does play the occasional music video) can be a lot worse and is actually real people, that doesnt mean it SHOULD be done. WARNING! MOM PHRASE COMING! If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?
    • Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I've always felt there could be more skin
      Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    • PrayingSeraph
      PrayingSeraph
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      jaye63 wrote: »

And to the other side- Seriously? The next thing you know everyone will be running around naked. And with the Nord bather's costume, they're almost there already.

There needs to be a balance between lore and decency. Even tho there are restrictions on age, there ARE kids playing the game. Not that MTV(when it does play the occasional music video) can be a lot worse and is actually real people, that doesnt mean it SHOULD be done. WARNING! MOM PHRASE COMING! If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?

Regarding the kids playing the game...not to sound cold hearted but why should any of us care? We are not responsible for them playing a game when they are underage. Their parents are the ones responsible. It's not our job to censor ourselves for some kid who is playing what they maybe shouldn't. And let's be honest, nothing a kid would encounter on ESO holds anything compared to what they'd encounter playing a single cod match which they no doubt do. Or the shows they watch in tv, or the youtubers they watch everyday. ESO at its foulest is better than these.
      Edited by PrayingSeraph on February 5, 2018 6:07PM
    • jaye63
      jaye63
      ✭✭✭✭

Regarding the kids playing the game...not to sound cold hearted but why should any of us care? We are not responsible for them playing a game when they are underage. Their parents are the ones responsible. It's not our job to censor ourselves for some kid who is playing what they maybe shouldn't. And let's be honest, nothing a kid would encounter on ESO holds anything compared to what they'd encounter playing a single cod match which they no doubt do. Or the shows they watch in tv, or the youtubers they watch everyday. ESO at its foulest is better than these.

I slapped the ridiculous of both sides. This is a troll thread. With disapearing NPCs, Bots, stuck spots, NPC spawning inside the topography, etc, etc, etc... I find the obtuse nature of posts like this... well... Obtuse. Of all the things that some one could complain about, this ranks on the scale somewhere around there being sand in a desert. Kind of a *Dude... what's wrong with you if this is what you're complaining about* response from me.

Some people just gotta complain about something or they arent happy. Kinda reminds me of politics. Find something to get people outraged about even if it's nothing.
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well- To the puritanicals I say... it's rated M for mature. You knew that going into the game. The ratings are there just for you so you can avoid them. Not so you can infiltrate and save the souls of everyone in the game.

Have you used the Blade of Woe? Worried about skin showing but stealing and murdering is ok. It's almost like having a body is a sin in and of itself. :o Not enough of both imo. I would be entertained to see people running around in underwear with "gear on", especially watching a trial run in all underwear.
      Edited by Kuramas9tails on February 5, 2018 7:01PM
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • jaye63
        jaye63
        ✭✭✭✭

Have you used the Blade of Woe? Worried about skin showing but stealing and murdering is ok. It's almost like having a body is a sin in and of itself. :o Not enough of both imo. I would be entertained to see people running around in underwear with "gear on", especially watching a trial run in all underwear.

I edited what I said first since you didnt read it. It's rated M. You have to plug in your birthdate. If you go into the game knowing it's rated M... no whining about the nudity. My next comment for the ridiculous heading the other way. Yes it's rated M. Yes a lot is lore correct. But when is enough enough? When everything is nude? When wht women are wearing g-strings and pasties? It's M to protect kids (altho good luck finding a parent that cares) But we dont have to go full XXX to prove a point.

Both extremes are wrong.

• Korah_Eaglecry
        Korah_Eaglecry
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        There is maybe 2 costumes in game currently that are very revealing. The Nord Bather costume and the Shrike. Meanwhile we have well over 100 costumes that do not come even close to "kinky". This is people being overdramatic and looking for something to be outraged over. Yes, we have had clothing that show off more in terms of skin as of late. But they are far from revealing or sexual in nature. And it was well after a year of Crown Store offerings that were very concealed and the absolute opposite of revealing. Its almost as if they are trying to give players a range of options to dress their characters in. People really just need to grow up and stop acting like theyre still preteens doing something inappropriate online. Theres far more innuendo and sexual subtext in this games dialogue but we dont see people raging against that. Theres also far more brutal violence in the game but again, no ones demanding it be toned down.

Good ole American Puritanism rearing its ugly head.
        Penniless Sellsword Company
        Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
        Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
        Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
        Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
        What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
      • purple-magicb16_ESO
        purple-magicb16_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭

rvZo4.jpg
        No bananna hammocks plz!!
        Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on February 5, 2018 9:26PM
        I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
      • Minyassa
        Minyassa
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        I am not in the least bit bothered by dresses and skirt outfits that show a lot of skin. There are a lot of places in Tamriel that are hot and humid. I know I'd want to be wearing a t-shirt and shorts if I was in Shadowfen so I certainly don't begrudge the ladies their bikini tops and miniskirts or high-cut Nocturnal outfits.

My female DK did get annoyed with the holes in her Golden Saint armor that aren't there in the men's version. She's a warrior, she doesn't have time for this cut-out nonsense. I just had to tell her that's what she should expect from Daedric armor worn by Sheogorath's background dancers and that she should stick with mortal armors, and now she's fine (I warned her away completely from the stripperiffic Dark Seducer costume because...I mean...Dark Seducers, what else would one expect?).
      • vyndral13preub18_ESO
        vyndral13preub18_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

rvZo4.jpg

Holy hell you just gave me Purple Marauder flashbacks. Man I miss Poison Elves. NYAR!

2f9d5b239825306c50dda8d688460be2.jpg
        50073eae8bbd0b788305427b41987064.jpg
        Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on February 5, 2018 10:04PM
      • Kuramas9tails
        Kuramas9tails
        ✭✭✭✭✭

I edited what I said first since you didnt read it. It's rated M. You have to plug in your birthdate. If you go into the game knowing it's rated M... no whining about the nudity. My next comment for the ridiculous heading the other way. Yes it's rated M. Yes a lot is lore correct. But when is enough enough? When everything is nude? When wht women are wearing g-strings and pasties? It's M to protect kids (altho good luck finding a parent that cares) But we dont have to go full XXX to prove a point.

Both extremes are wrong.

ZOS wouldn't go nude. And everything ZOS has released so far is tasteful so you don't have to worry about g-strings. ;) ZOS has even went far enough to make sure proportions were not exaggerated (unrealistic breast size). And I, as a women, actually enjoy having that option to show off my MOL skin because it's very beautiful and I like seeing as much skin as I can without using the Nordic Bathers Towel (because I think that is ugly). I want a broader variety to show the skins I have collected tastefully and ZOS is doing just that imo. What's the point on getting skins if it's going to be covered up anyways? But then again, there are naked women(ish?) bodies in the game already.

I mean, I LOVE the flame skin too. Makes me bright and stand out and the shape reminds me of tiger stripes so if I could go naked, I would with this skin just as the image shows.
        f8ee3d1770c9d910402a7111946d19f5.jpg
          FOR THE QUEEN!
          PS4/NA
        • Gorilla
          Gorilla
          ✭✭✭

Solohope wrote: »
          I know with this post I would be going going over the unsaid forum rule of 1 post per day, but bare with me.

I have also seen a lot of comments complaining about how this game has too many costumes revealing women's bodies and none (or very few) for men. I don't know why in the world you would even want that, but there are plenty.

Here are a few:
          -Upriver” Striped Sash-Kilt
          -Black Marsh Keeper
          -Dark Shaman
          -Pirate Swab Outift

There are many more but I don't really have the patience to sit through all of that. So here is a link where you can find them:
          https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/pirate-swab/

I've seen too many complains about this subject which makes no sense to me so I felt the need to put this all out there.

Sounds like you encountered some close-minded attitudes. It happens in some communities -- and is even perpetuated by mods who share those views. BUT, we are lucky here because that never happens.

Gender in ESO is a continuum and we can all rejoice in our characters' individuality! You have clearly shown that there are "open view" costumes for all. You might encounter some saying that open view outfits objectify females and are power fantasies for males...Since we are not allowed to criticize such views (they call it "flaming"), why don't we set those views to the side and hope they stay there.

Really no need to discuss further. Happy hunting!
        • Jade1986
          Jade1986
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          If people want to run around looking cheap and having no dignity or class, that's their prerogative. :D

I would actually go so far to say people who run around half naked have more dignity. But thats just me. I dont see skin as offensive.
        • Mielikki
          Mielikki
          ✭✭✭
          It is lorefriendly... But the Skyrim version looks much better than the one we got.

10453310_694155253953829_5277020497510941693_n.jpg

Nocturnalportrait.png

Look at those weird lines and the undyeable golden part.

8265f9e0469525c8c64ad039850b7a7c.jpg
          Edited by Mielikki on February 6, 2018 1:26AM
        • klowdy1
          klowdy1
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          monktoasty wrote: »
          klowdy1 wrote: »
          I barely notice the things people wear in this game. Everything looks so similar, nothing like GW2, WoW, or even FF14. Nothing really stands out, besides this kind of dress, or the bath towel.

Are you insane? Every single one of the games everyone not only looks a like but are literally wearing the same outfits causes there's only a few

If you look closer..it's extremely rare to see anyone wearing the same exact thing in eso..lots of different colors and mixtures of pieces. It's just the towel and the dress are just way put there in design..it doesn't mean everything else is the same.

At any rate the new outfit sysyem coming will change everything and you will see an even more extreme diversity in colors and clothing. And green swords.

Have you even played GW2? I have never seen any two people look alike. WoW and FF14 have very different looking armor sets, whether people choose to use them or not. The outfits have more than a few subtle changes, they look very different with every piece of gear. Even if everyone wears the same gear, I at least notice it. As it is now, people in ESO have three variations, with a few players mixed in that actually look good.

ESO has so much armor that looks the same. Nothing stands out. I see robes, or pants, light, medium, or heavy, barely noticing the color. Someone has to have some random motif to stand out. You know what would be cool though? A hood with a face mask.
        • VaranisArano
          VaranisArano
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          monktoasty wrote: »
          I barely notice the things people wear in this game. Everything looks so similar, nothing like GW2, WoW, or even FF14. Nothing really stands out, besides this kind of dress, or the bath towel.

Are you insane? Every single one of the games everyone not only looks a like but are literally wearing the same outfits causes there's only a few

If you look closer..it's extremely rare to see anyone wearing the same exact thing in eso..lots of different colors and mixtures of pieces. It's just the towel and the dress are just way put there in design..it doesn't mean everything else is the same.

At any rate the new outfit sysyem coming will change everything and you will see an even more extreme diversity in colors and clothing. And green swords.

Have you even played GW2? I have never seen any two people look alike. WoW and FF14 have very different looking armor sets, whether people choose to use them or not. The outfits have more than a few subtle changes, they look very different with every piece of gear. Even if everyone wears the same gear, I at least notice it. As it is now, people in ESO have three variations, with a few players mixed in that actually look good.

ESO has so much armor that looks the same. Nothing stands out. I see robes, or pants, light, medium, or heavy, barely noticing the color. Someone has to have some random motif to stand out. You know what would be cool though? A hood with a face mask.

Try the Scarlet Judge outfit for a hood with a full helmet mask.

For the more traditional hood with a half-mask, a la the Breton Nightblade form the trailers, try the Dark Brotherhood motif, Assassins League motif, Morag Tong, and Akaviri. You can use ESO Fashion to check out your difference options.
        • Thermoluminescence
          That conversion from female hips to the legs in some of those screenshots is appalling.
          Art is a lie that makes us realize truth.
        • Bhaal5
          Bhaal5
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Compared to black desert online..... Eso is still PG (or what ever your countries family view rating is)
        • VaranisArano
          VaranisArano
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          That conversion from female hips to the legs in some of those screenshots is appalling.

Tell me about it. Have you ever seen poor Quen's broken legs? (The best picture I could find, it looks worse in-game)
          tumblr_o4imjk2Pnd1tww6x6o1_500.png
          When she sits, her legs...her hips! That just looks like it hurts!
        • ArchMikem
          ArchMikem
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          You can see a trend of @Zos trying to see how far they can go. The cleavage and skin gets more with the costumes:

From
          Buoyant-Gentility-Female-Close-Front_thumb.jpg

To
          Holiday-in-Balmora-Female-Close-Front_thumb.jpg
          and Egg-Sister-Bias-Cut-Casual-Wear-Female-Front_thumb.jpg

To Nocturnal.

Shrike's Nocturnal is much more covering than Egg Sister's however. They really can't go any further than the Argonian costumes anyway. What's less can they do from a bikini top and mini skirt?
          CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
          Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
        • Knootewoot
          Knootewoot
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          ArchMikem wrote: »

From
          Buoyant-Gentility-Female-Close-Front_thumb.jpg

To
          Holiday-in-Balmora-Female-Close-Front_thumb.jpg
          and Egg-Sister-Bias-Cut-Casual-Wear-Female-Front_thumb.jpg

To Nocturnal.

Shrike's Nocturnal is much more covering than Egg Sister's however. They really can't go any further than the Argonian costumes anyway. What's less can they do from a bikini top and mini skirt?

Cover the nippies and private parts with leaves ?
          ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
          "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
        This discussion has been closed.