The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Update 17 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets, Monster Masks & General Itemization

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    unknown.png

Zerglings everywhere are rejoicing.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png

This was the result of excellent gameplay from your killer. He must have mastered every detail there is in dueling to pull that off surely.
  • Nibelaja
    Nibelaja
    ✭✭✭✭
    3,6k single target dps from a monster set... Mag dks gonna love it

d93e11-1515453332.png

• Make2k15
    Make2k15
    ✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Zaan (Monster)
    Spell Critical
    When you deal Critical Damage with a Light or Heavy Attack to a nearby enemy, a beam of fire will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 10 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 15 seconds.

Noone at ZOS did the math on this set I assume???

34400 or 45365 damage proc over 5 seconds before cp modifiers (depending on calculation method)

:-1:

That’s if the enemy stands within 10meters of you (almost a roll dodge away) for 5 seconds... and if you’re light/heavy attacking enemies within melee range with a staff. This set is kinda wonky, honestly.

It’ll probably be ignored and people will continue to use Valkyn, Grothdar, or Slimecraw.

Right, I think if this goes to live as it is now it will be probably a BIS in many PVE builds :) It did 3.5k dps to test dummy in my quick test (9.5% of total dmg). You might think that the relatively short 10m radius is a bad thing for ranged dd, but actually the good thing about that is that you can time when the proc happens (e.g. to burst down a mob) by first doing dmg farther away and then come closer than 10m for 5 sec to do the burst dmg when needed (one proc did 50k dmg).
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Curse of Doylemish (Heavy)
    (2) Max Health
    (3) Max Health
    (4) Spell Damage
    (4) Weapon Damage
    (5) When you hit a taunted monster with a fully-charged Heavy Attack or any enemy that is stunned or immobilized with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, you deal an additional 12040 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

Now if this was a medium stamina set.....

I'm not sure who wants a tanking pure DPS set, or why the many melee range DPS sets already in existence wouldn't suffice if they do.

I was looking at it from a pvp bow-gank perspective.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make2k15 wrote: »
    glavius wrote: »
    Zaan (Monster)
    Spell Critical
    When you deal Critical Damage with a Light or Heavy Attack to a nearby enemy, a beam of fire will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 10 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 15 seconds.

Noone at ZOS did the math on this set I assume???

34400 or 45365 damage proc over 5 seconds before cp modifiers (depending on calculation method)

:-1:

That’s if the enemy stands within 10meters of you (almost a roll dodge away) for 5 seconds... and if you’re light/heavy attacking enemies within melee range with a staff. This set is kinda wonky, honestly.

It’ll probably be ignored and people will continue to use Valkyn, Grothdar, or Slimecraw.

Right, I think if this goes to live as it is now it will be probably a BIS in many PVE builds :) It did 3.5k dps to test dummy in my quick test (9.5% of total dmg). You might think that the relatively short 10m radius is a bad thing for ranged dd, but actually the good thing about that is that you can time when the proc happens (e.g. to burst down a mob) by first doing dmg farther away and then come closer than 10m for 5 sec to do the burst dmg when needed (one proc did 50k dmg).

It's about time melee range DPS have an actual numerical advantage over ranged DPS.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFS PEOPLE ITS NOT A STAM LICH SET....ITS WARLOCK
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (2) Max Health
    (3) Max Health
    (4) Spell Damage
    (4) Weapon Damage
    (5) When you hit a taunted monster with a fully-charged Heavy Attack or any enemy that is stunned or immobilized with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, you deal an additional 12040 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

I'm not sure who wants a tanking pure DPS set, or why the many melee range DPS sets already in existence wouldn't suffice if they do.

I was looking at it from a pvp bow-gank perspective.

I dont see it, unless you can launch the stun after the heavy attack but land it before the heavy.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    j2ewRw3.png

Nothing to see here, pls no nerf.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    (2) Max Health
    (3) Max Health
    (4) Spell Damage
    (4) Weapon Damage

Definitely seems to be a PVP targeted set. Fits right into the heavy armor PVP meta with the burst from the 5pc. Definitely the set i'm most excited to try.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    For those not able to get into PTS, the Thurvokun 2 piece in action.

I would personally like to see the AoE grow a bit faster. I think it'd be slightly too strong if it was PBAoE, but think in it's current state the growth of the circle is too slow to keep anyone in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDVz2NT8FR4&feature=youtu.be
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'll keep beating the drum on the following until my hands are raw and bloody:

Can the Vampire Lord set receive a buff? Don't you think a set that only affects 3 abilities (and really only buffs the damage of 2 of them as next to no one uses Baleful Mist) could use a little love?

Especially when you have War Maiden buffing the damage of Vampiric abilities to the same degree that the dedicated Vampire Lord gear does as well as the damage of all Magicka based damaging abilities...

Thanks for reading @ZOS_GinaBruno ...

:)
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on January 9, 2018 4:23AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As pertains to Zaan, does anyone know if the beam can be Cleansed?
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is not an status effect, so no. It works like malubeth, you have to move away to break it.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah ! A magicka monster set ! Finnaly. Now i will atleast have something to get at the end of the dungeon like stam did with velidreth.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

is not an status effect, so no. It works like malubeth, you have to move away to break it.

This is incorrect.

It's an ACTIVE effect and takes precedence over any other status on you. It will always be cleansed unless you have more active effects on you than can be purged.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png

ssssssshhh, it's exactly what mag DK needs. Stick to your target at all cost, get rewarded.
    Edited by Anne_Firehawk on January 9, 2018 7:13AM
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Zaan set with Overwhelming Surge is going to be stupid in 1v1

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan on a ranged build to scare the melee people away >:)

Which is fine, as far as I'm concerned. Thanks to gap closer spam, all PvP is melee, anyway.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan is made for melee magicka - aka MagDKs. Thanks for finally making something that actually turns the MagDK's weakness - melee range - into a strength. Pretty much everyone agrees that MagDK is in a difficult spot right now, both in PvE and PvP, having this bone thrown our way is a very appreciated and needed push in the right direction. For PvE it will hopefully add some DPS that makes it worth staying melee instead of safety of distance, for PvP it's really not that difficult to escape MagDK with very limited mobility. Just break the beam.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Zaan is made for melee magicka - aka MagDKs. Thanks for finally making something that actually turns the MagDK's weakness - melee range - into a strength. Pretty much everyone agrees that MagDK is in a difficult spot right now, both in PvE and PvP, having this bone thrown our way is a very appreciated and needed push in the right direction. For PvE it will hopefully add some DPS that makes it worth staying melee instead of safety of distance, for PvP it's really not that difficult to escape MagDK with very limited mobility. Just break the beam.

No, Mag DKs are far from a "difficult spot" on Live, and even more so in PTS with their infinite power lashes. In fact, they're quite likely the strongest open world class at the moment and definitely one of the top 3 classes in duels.

If you want to see what a "difficult spot" looks like, try playing a stam build & surviving those magicka DKs.

There is no "limited mobility" after you slot Empowering Chains, the best gap closer in the game, conveniently available to magicka DKs specifically. Or Mist Form...
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pls dont go full potato. If mDK is underperforming then buff mDK. This set is beyond busted.
  • Nefaras
    Nefaras
    ✭✭✭
    Hey race change is on sale ....so my stam dk will go magika boys! xDD

Hmmm could you put Zaan on a Werwolf Stam Character? Ignore the Spellpower (nice for the healign ) and with fear and the added movement speed the high proccs from Zaan will happen :hushed:
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I love Jorvuld's Guidance. Finally a new useful healer set!

I don't get why we need another Fire Damage proc monster set, though. Melee range even. Why would I use this one over Grothdar? If you really want to add another magicka proc set, why not Cold, Shock or Magic damage?

This Set will outperform Grothdarr by mile sin Singletarget PVE, however it doesnt fix the MagDK Problem with sustain that came with this patch. Offbalance Uptime of 20-25% is just horrible for MagDK.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Pls dont go full potato. If mDK is underperforming then buff mDK. This set is beyond busted.

Sure, as if calling Chains the best gap closer in the game isn't potato enough, like the guy who came after me did.

This set IS a buff for MagDK. As well as a buff for any mag who wants to fight melee. MagDK is just the only one of the mag classes that is outright forced to stay in melee, and until now there hasn't been any real payoffs for that drawback.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

No, Mag DKs are far from a "difficult spot" on Live, and even more so in PTS with their infinite power lashes. In fact, they're quite likely the strongest open world class at the moment and definitely one of the top 3 classes in duels.

If you want to see what a "difficult spot" looks like, try playing a stam build & surviving those magicka DKs.

There is no "limited mobility" after you slot Empowering Chains, the best gap closer in the game, conveniently available to magicka DKs specifically. Or Mist Form...

If you've read the Combat Balance changes you'd know that mDK is now nearly completly rekt in PVE due to Offbalance Nerf down to 25% uptime at max.

in PVP this set is Broken like the Bones of someone crushed by a Truck.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sure, as if calling Chains the best gap closer in the game isn't potato enough, like the guy who came after me did.

This set IS a buff for MagDK. As well as a buff for any mag who wants to fight melee. MagDK is just the only one of the mag classes that is outright forced to stay in melee, and until now there hasn't been any real payoffs for that drawback.

Check the latest video of that "potato" .
    Magdk always had the payoff that it was a beast in meele fights. A set that deals 30k damage against a player is beyond op anything above 5k is already stupid but i guess Zos wants the proc meta again
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Why wouldn't I call it the best gap closer in the game? :smile:

Undodgeable, can be used while rooted, gives Major Empower to next Whip/Leap, gives 6 seconds of Major Expedition, cheap & most importantly is a magicka costing gap closer for a class that would otherwise have bad mobility.

You can compare it to something like Ambush, a similar gap closer (though more expensive & gives no Major Expedition) for a class that already is very mobile - yet most people slot it anyway.

The truth is, the only way to escape a mag DK (who actually knows what skills to slot) with Zaan on you will be Shadow Image or Streak.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I never said anything about chains. I do not consider mDKs to be in a good spot with the exception of duels.

That being said, this set is beyond busted. Its the worst proc set this game has ever seen. 30k dmg? Seriously? This is not a buff to mDK. This is a buff to every potato out there who needs crap like that to carry them. You think its good because ur DK is good at melee? Wait till every potato snare you to sh*t and you cant break the beam cause u have the worst mobility in the game.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

Check the latest video of that "potato" .
    Magdk always had the payoff that it was a beast in meele fights. A set that deals 30k damage against a player is beyond op anything above 5k is already stupid but i guess Zos wants the proc meta again

Sigh. How about some context. That 30k proc was over 7 tics, as is clearly evident from the screenshot. If someone is stupid enough to stand within 10m of someone with a channeling beam for 7 secs, they deserve to be hit with 30k.
    I would like to see someone take 7 ticks of jesus beam in execution range in comparison.

To even proc the set reliably and consistently you have to spec for a crit build, which means less ressources, less survival, less defense. And when it does proc, someone only has to dodge roll, sprint, streak or otherwise remove themselves from the 10m line. It's a potentially powerful set, but it has plenty of counterplay.

Please don't be that guy who stands still for 7 ticks in an Eye of Flame and then comes to the forums to complain about the damage.