The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 17 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets, Monster Masks & General Itemization

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new item sets and monster masks, and general itemization improvements. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • How desirable do you find these new items? Do you plan to use them when this update goes live?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?

Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Increases the duration of all Major buffs, Minor buffs, and damage shields you apply to yourself and allies by 40%.

When you take damage, you summon a Skeever corpse which will launch a poison ball that deals 5160 Poison Damage every 1.5 seconds at the nearest enemy for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

When a nearby enemy damages you, summon a growing pool of desecrated bile for 8 seconds. Enemies in the bile receive 430 Disease Damage every 1 second and are afflicted with Minor Maim and Minor Defile, reducing their damage done and healing received by 15%. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

When you deal Critical Damage with a Light or Heavy Attack to a nearby enemy, a beam of fire will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 10 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 15 seconds.

When you deal Critical Damage with a single target Magicka ability, you launch a Fire, Ice, Shock, or Disease ball at your target that deals 12,900 damage and applies a status effect. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

When you hit a taunted monster with a fully-charged Heavy Attack or any enemy that is stunned or immobilized with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, you deal an additional 12040 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

None of These sets should exsist.
    40% Duration increase for all buffs is too much
    We had a proc set meta once and you kepp bringing those into the game to kill every Little bit of skill in the game

Earthgore received no nerf whatsoever although you said that it will be nerfed as it's too powerful
    Skoria is still the only proc set with high burst damage that can't be avoided
    7th Legion still has no cd on the heal it grants
    Duroks Bane and Wizard Riposte give you way too much uptime on powerful buffs with no Counterplay
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me that the beam of Zaan Monster Set don't go through cloak....
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    40% on you AND your allies, gg :trollface:
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do stam characters always get shafted? We need something thrown at us. Trappings is not optimal at all for PhD and plague slinger needs to have its 3 piece bonus turned to max stamina

Fang lair
    Caluurion’s Legacy (Light)
    (2) Spell Critical
    (3) Spell Power
    (4) Spell Critical
    (5) When you deal Critical Damage with a single target Magicka ability, you launch a Fire, Ice, Shock, or Disease ball at your target that deals 12,900 damage and applies a status effect. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Trappings of Invigoration (Medium)
    (2) Stamina Recovery
    (3) Max Stamina
    (4) Stamina Recovery
    (5) When you cast an ability while under 33% Stamina, you restore 9000 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 1 minute.
    Ulfnor’s Favor (Heavy)
    (2) Max Health(3) Magicka Recovery
    (3) Stamina Recovery
    (4) Healing Taken
    (5) Increases the Magicka or Stamina your Heavy Attacks restore by 30%.

Thurvokun (Monster)
    Max Health
    When a nearby enemy damages you, summon a growing pool of desecrated bile for 8 seconds. Enemies in the bile receive 430 Disease Damage every 1 second and are afflicted with Minor Maim and Minor Defile, reducing their damage done and healing received by 15%. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

Scalecaller Peak
    Jorvuld’s Guidance (Light)
    Magicka Recovery
    Magicka Recovery
    Healing Done
    Increases the duration of all Major buffs, Minor buffs, and damage shields you apply to yourself and allies by 40%.
    Plague Slinger (Medium)
    (2) Weapon Damage
    (3) Max Health
    (4) Weapon Damage(5) When you take damage, you summon a Skeever corpse which will launch a poison ball that deals 5160 Poison Damage every 1.5 seconds at the nearest enemy for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Curse of Doylemish (Heavy)
    (2) Max Health
    (3) Max Health
    (4) Spell Damage
    (4) Weapon Damage
    (5) When you hit a taunted monster with a fully-charged Heavy Attack or any enemy that is stunned or immobilized with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, you deal an additional 12040 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

Zaan (Monster)
    Spell Critical
    When you deal Critical Damage with a Light or Heavy Attack to a nearby enemy, a beam of fire will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 10 meters away from you. This effect can occur every
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 8, 2018 7:46PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you keep releasing such bad medium armor sets?
    (2) Stamina Recovery
    (3) Max Stamina
    (4) Stamina Recovery
    (5) When you cast an ability while under 33% Stamina, you restore 9000 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 1 minute.

Medium armor builds did not need a stamina version of Lich, there's already plenty of good, better options for sustain (not that sustain matters in PvP when you're dead to undodgeable damage anyway long before stam pool drains out).
    Plague Slinger (Medium)
    (2) Weapon Damage
    (3) Max Health
    (4) Weapon Damage(5) When you take damage, you summon a Skeever corpse which will launch a poison ball that deals 5160 Poison Damage every 1.5 seconds at the nearest enemy for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

There's a good reason (well, multiple good reasons) nobody uses the Unfathomable Darkness set from previous patch: sustained damage isn't good in PvP, especially on squishy medium armor builds.

This set basicly suffers from the same problems as Unfathomable Darkness, and I'm willing to bet those poison balls are going to break my own cloak, just like the birds do with Unfathomable Darkness.
    Thurvokun (Monster)
    Max Health

And this is probably the worst offender... do you really expect people to stand in that puddle? And 430 damage... that's like no damage at all. I'm going to log on PTS soon, and unless this puddle has like a 10m radius & snares/roots people, I'm going to be extremely disappointed. Why would anyone slot this instead of Selene, Troll King etc?

Meanwhile, light & heavy armor once again get all the sweet sets.
    Not surprised, just disappointed.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    And this is probably the worst offender... do you really expect people to stand in that puddle? And 430 damage... that's like no damage at all. I'm going to log on PTS soon, and unless this puddle has like a 10m radius & snares/roots people, I'm going to be extremely disappointed. Why would anyone slot this instead of Selene, Troll King etc?

That's the point, I imagine -- the idea is to force groups to unblob themselves and spread out, or else eat those debuffs.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greattttt more proc sets.... with the revert being made to non-CP BGs I think we can all see the next meta coming.... proc set haven..... woooooo
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean come on, I'm tired of the hundings rage meta that is a set that has been around since launch, where's the new meat?

(2) Stamina Recovery
    (3) Max Stamina
    (4) Stamina Recovery
    (5) When you cast an ability while under 33% Stamina, you restore 9000 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 1 minute. Overdone in recovery.

Very niche set and is unlikely to see any action.

Plague Slinger (Medium)
    (2) Weapon Damage
    (3) Max Health

Another proc set and is unimaginative. Why does the 3 piece have max health? Should be changed to max stam . If the skeever has a bad telegraph like mad tinkerer and hungerer set then this set will be horrible. Please make it telegraphed to players target

Caluurion’s Legacy (Light)
    (2) Spell Critical
    (3) Spell Power
    (4) Spell Critical
    (5) When you deal Critical Damage with a single target Magicka ability, you launch a Fire, Ice, Shock, or Disease ball at your target that deals 12,900 damage and applies a status effect. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Compare to this mag set, while it's a proc all 3 set bonuses are nice for pve and it's 5 piece bonus will apply a debuff, how nice a debuff.

Anyways please start by changing the plague set from max health to something else more desireable for pve, and do people really want a recovery set? Stamina builds are fairly easy to sustain
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no incentive (i'm pretty certain) to not run Jorvuld’s Guidance whatsoever as a support.

And nice to see stam version of warlock but would need some cd reduction or higher value gained.

Looking forward to Lich stam version.

@DDuke more stam sustain sets would bring forth more builds imo. I would try to make a build around stamLich no doubt.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stamina sets are crap, as usual. Seriously, can we swap roles and put the guy designing the magicka sets to design the stamina sets and vice versa? lol
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you deal Critical Damage with a Light or Heavy Attack to a nearby enemy, a beam of fire will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 10 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 15 seconds.

Set could be cool for some close range Mag builds. The problem is that you need to crit to proc it. How is a mag character with S&B/DW supposed to proc it?

If it would also proc off of single-target abilities, I think it could be good.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no incentive (i'm pretty certain) to not run Jorvuld’s Guidance whatsoever as a support.

And nice to see stam version of warlock but would need some cd reduction or higher value gained.

@DDuke more stam sustain sets would bring forth more builds imo. I would try to make a build around stamLich no doubt.

As it stands, building for sustain as medium stam build is just suicide... your stam pool hardly matters when there's no spammable heal or other survival mechanic & dodge roll doesn't mitigate anything half the time.

Also, people running something like Eternal Hunt already have infinite resources (apart from health pool...), why would they change a 5p that helps them survive to a 5p that gets you more sustain?

The only positive I see is that you can run this on off bar, but the problem here is that Infused Master's Bow is just too good not to run there.
    Edited by DDuke on January 8, 2018 8:10PM
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see myself taking advantage of Trappings of Invigoration, but will have to test when I get a chance.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Jorvuld's Guidance. Finally a new useful healer set!

I don't get why we need another Fire Damage proc monster set, though. Melee range even. Why would I use this one over Grothdar? If you really want to add another magicka proc set, why not Cold, Shock or Magic damage?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you keep releasing such bad medium armor sets?
    (2) Stamina Recovery
    (3) Max Stamina
    (4) Stamina Recovery

Medium armor builds did not need a stamina version of Lich, there's already plenty of good, better options for sustain (not that sustain matters in PvP when you're dead to undodgeable damage anyway long before stam pool drains out)..

And its not even a Stam Lich its the Stam version of the inferior warlock set
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭

As it stands, building for sustain as medium stam build is just suicide... your stam pool hardly matters when there's no spammable heal or other survival mechanic & dodge roll doesn't mitigate anything half the time.

Also, people running something like Eternal Hunt already have infinite resources (apart from health pool...), why would they change a 5p that helps them survive to a 5p that gets you more sustain?

The only positive I see is that you can run this on off bar, but the problem here is that Infused Master's Bow is just too good not to run there.

I understand your point but look: you could run something like 2h / snb,dw - and having 2/5 pieces on the snb/dw bar as stamLich etc. so many new possibilities would come up if they made a 5 piece sustain bonus that could be procced on weaponswitching.

Not sure how good this would be in practice, but it would be interesting to build around it, imo.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I love Jorvuld's Guidance. Finally a new useful healer set!

I don't get why we need another Fire Damage proc monster set, though. Melee range even. Why would I use this one over Grothdar? If you really want to add another magicka proc set, why not Cold, Shock or Magic damage?

This so much, we need those even though we have one (or maybe two frost and mag based) and two shock based (even though one is mostly a stam set) we need more options for magblades,templars/wardens for monster sets
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan (Monster)
    Spell Critical

Noone at ZOS did the math on this set I assume???

34400 or 45365 damage proc over 5 seconds before cp modifiers (depending on calculation method)

:-1:
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Zaan (Monster)
    Spell Critical

Noone at ZOS did the math on this set I assume???

34400 or 45365 damage proc over 5 seconds before cp modifiers (depending on calculation method)

:-1:

That’s if the enemy stands within 10meters of you (almost a roll dodge away) for 5 seconds... and if you’re light/heavy attacking enemies within melee range with a staff. This set is kinda wonky, honestly.

It’ll probably be ignored and people will continue to use Valkyn, Grothdar, or Slimecraw.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurvokun - can some post a video how this works? Just curious :smile:

Earthgore...

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Not liking the “proc” direction of thought. Please at least tone down the damage of newly introduced sets.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (2) Max Health
    (3) Max Health
    (4) Spell Damage
    (4) Weapon Damage
    (5) When you hit a taunted monster with a fully-charged Heavy Attack or any enemy that is stunned or immobilized with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, you deal an additional 12040 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

Now if this was a medium stamina set.....
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Need more procs.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    (2) Max Health
    (3) Max Health
    (4) Spell Damage
    (4) Weapon Damage

ikr?

Instead we get a stationary 10m range "Ballista".

Just tested Plague Slinger on PTS and my god... it's worse than anyone imagined.

Now, the tooltip you can get on it is pretty decent (7430 every 1,5s for 6 seconds, 15s cooldown).

The problem however is that those projectiles are extremely slow and the range is abysmal. It takes one dodge roll (or a couple of steps) to get out of this set's range.

The range of this set needs to be closer to 18m+ for it to be worth slotting, as it stands you'd be lucky to get even 2 projectiles off with the set.

Edit: oh, and just as I thought... the proc breaks your own cloak when it hits enemies.

I also tested the new stamina monster set... another disappointment. While the radius of the puddle is pretty decent, it starts out small and takes several seconds to even reach your melee range opponent. Anyone can get out of its way before being hit even once.

So here's what needs to happen for these sets to be worth using:

Plague Slinger - 18m range for the projectiles (ones that don't break my own cloak tyvm)
    Thurvokun - speed up the effect by 2x
    Edited by DDuke on January 8, 2018 10:00PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    (2) Max Health
    (3) Max Health
    (4) Spell Damage
    (4) Weapon Damage

I'm not sure who wants a tanking pure DPS set, or why the many melee range DPS sets already in existence wouldn't suffice if they do.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody is going to have a reliable opinion about the buff extender until they've considered how it does or doesn't interact w/ various ultimates. For starters, it may make me feel a little better about using Life Giver over Aggressive Horn. I don't know whether it will make Solar Prison attractive again. Etc.

I also note that this patch could have multiple factors spacing out their 4-man dungeon support rotations:
    • Shards/Orbs synergies useful less often, due to longer cooldown.
    • Lightning Blockade, ditto.
    • Combat Prayer, if they wear the new set.

• Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the new item sets and monster masks, and general itemization improvements. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
      [1] How desirable do you find these new items? Do you plan to use them when this update goes live? [2] Do you have any other general feedback?

(1) The Zaan - Set: Just consider am Magblade using Lotus Fan, then fearxploit (unbreakable fear) the target while weaving a light attack, and then he applies Soul Strike. If not the lack of counterplay (blocking impossible), the Impale will give the target the rest without any counterplay. So obviously TOO desirable, being fire damage.

Plague singer sounds cool. Like, Skaven- cool ;)

(2) Earthgore´s "negate" effect has to go, or it should have a delay of 2 seconds. It makes good PvP groups nearly invincible and bad ones good enough to discourage the average PvP player.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina dd sets are garbage and will mostly be used as Decon crap
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan on a ranged build to scare the melee people away >:)
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming