The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.0

• Leingod
    Leingod
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't the destro line (ice staff) get more than 2 seconds of thought onto it? Everyone has been complaining but just making them slightly better at blocking doesn't do anything except make ice staff a block-cast weapon. I just want to be an ice DD is that too much to ask for in this game?

sigh
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level Up Advisor
    This new system is designed to teach new players about the many facets of combat and progression in ESO. It contains useful rewards for new and veteran players alike as you progress from levels 2-50, and every five levels, you will receive a milestone reward with something special such as a mount, Crown Crate, costume, or a helpfulweapon. Simply open the Character UI to claim your rewards! Below, you’ll find the list of milestone rewards:
    • Level 40: 6,000 gold, The Soul Shriven motif, and an Outfit Token
    Whither Caldwell's?

It was already confirmed that it's a mistake, the real reward is the Prisoner's Rags costume. The motif will be awarded for Caldwell's Silver, just as now.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me... or does Zaan not make sense? You’ll most likely be doing light/heavy attacks on a magicka based build with a destro/resto staff (which is ranged) but the beam is melee range? So we’re using a staff within melee range?

Yeah, you could light/heavy attack with a sword- but most of your crit will be in spells not weapons. That makes the monster set less effective.

@Savos_Saren Yeah because DW mag builds are not a thing. DK whips have massive range, Templar jabs... or you know they are a thing and that’s sets range is the only thing putting a cap to its impressive DPS potential. PvP is already crying nerf and it isn’t even tested yet. What ESO rock have you be living under?
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leingod wrote: »
    Why can't the destro line (ice staff) get more than 2 seconds of thought onto it? Everyone has been complaining but just making them slightly better at blocking doesn't do anything except make ice staff a block-cast weapon. I just want to be an ice DD is that too much to ask for in this game?

sigh

If Frost did the kind of DPS Fire and lighting did, it would be OP has he’ll. Minor Maim and great DPS? Running a Frost staff is just like heavy vs medium armor Stam, trading tankiness vs damage.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    You uncapped aoe damage. What about aoe healing?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaan seems like a 2 edged sword
    Edited by JobooAGS on January 13, 2018 5:03PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me... or does Zaan not make sense? You’ll most likely be doing light/heavy attacks on a magicka based build with a destro/resto staff (which is ranged) but the beam is melee range? So we’re using a staff within melee range?

Yeah, you could light/heavy attack with a sword- but most of your crit will be in spells not weapons. That makes the monster set less effective.

@Savos_Saren Yeah because DW mag builds are not a thing. DK whips have massive range, Templar jabs... or you know they are a thing and that’s sets range is the only thing putting a cap to its impressive DPS potential. PvP is already crying nerf and it isn’t even tested yet. What ESO rock have you be living under?

imo swords could use a buff, say from 2.5% per sword to 4.5%. I believe there is a thread discussing this
    Edited by JobooAGS on January 13, 2018 5:09PM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

imo swords could use a buff, say from 2.5% per sword to 4.5%. I believe there is a thread discussing this

Not sure what that has to do with Zaan, but I tank so sword, axe, mace its all the same, even dagger though it kind of looks funny on the tank.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what that has to do with Zaan, but I tank so sword, axe, mace its all the same, even dagger though it kind of looks funny on the tank.

for dw, type of weapon matters, each axe has an 8% chance to proc a 10k+ bleed (on a stam toon) each dagger gives 5% weapon crit, each mace ignores 10% of the target's physical resistance (though after every other resistance buff/debuff which makes maces crap in a pve setting) and each sword causes all your damage to be increased by 2.5% meaning that with 2 swords, zaan gets buffed by 5%. However, swords are quite weak for a stam dps choice as daggers outpeform it due to crit motifiiers and damage by swords being additive.
    Edited by JobooAGS on January 14, 2018 2:53PM
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    Level Up Advisor
    This new system is designed to teach new players about the many facets of combat and progression in ESO. It contains useful rewards for new and veteran players alike as you progress from levels 2-50, and every five levels, you will receive a milestone reward with something special such as a mount, Crown Crate, costume, or a helpfulweapon. Simply open the Character UI to claim your rewards! Below, you’ll find the list of milestone rewards:
    Whither Caldwell's?

It was already confirmed that it's a mistake, the real reward is the Prisoner's Rags costume. The motif will be awarded for Caldwell's Silver, just as now.

on live servers you getting that motif for cadwell silver right now, true?
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    Level Up Advisor
    Whither Caldwell's?

on live servers you getting that motif for cadwell silver right now, true?

Yes, and it will not change after 3.3.0.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we have anniversary events coming for both Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. I am receiving double drops in both Hew's Bane and The Gold Coast, which is a telltale sign of anniversary events.
  • Leingod
    Leingod
    ✭✭✭
    Leingod wrote: »

sigh

If Frost did the kind of DPS Fire and lighting did, it would be OP has he’ll. Minor Maim and great DPS? Running a Frost staff is just like heavy vs medium armor Stam, trading tankiness vs damage.

Right. Well I don't speak for everyone but f**k minor maim for 3-4 seconds on offensive ice staff - I'd rather a stam sap (if it must stay tanky) or a decent DoT or minor vulnerability since lightning could just as easily have maim attached.

Or a dedicated weapon line for each staff or at least ice staff if as a DESTRO weapon there is no 'destruction' in a tanky ice staff. I still should be able to be offensive on an ice staff but that definitely is not the case IMO
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When will the long standing mail bug be addressed? Having to log out/in or load to a different area and then be subjugated to long (2 minute plus for me happens OFTEN) is getting very old.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for dw, type of weapon matters, each axe has an 8% chance to proc a 10k+ bleed (on a stam toon) each dagger gives 5% weapon crit, each mace ignores 10% of the target's physical resistance (though after every other resistance buff/debuff which makes maces crap in a pve setting) and each sword causes all your damage to be increased by 2.5% meaning that with 2 swords, zaan gets buffed by 5%. However, swords are quite weak for a stam dps choice as daggers outpeform it due to crit motifiiers and damage by swords being additive.

Ah, yes DW mag isn't as common or strong as it used to be.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DW magplar for PvE with moondancer set can be strong again if ZOS fix their skills (sweeps and beam) to next patch. When it comes to PvP I think of DW magsorcs overload builds when I think of DW magbuilds. But then again, sorcs never benefited from the weapon passives on overload builds since they don´t carry over to "overload-form".
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

DW magplar for PvE with moondancer set can be strong again if ZOS fix their skills (sweeps and beam) to next patch. When it comes to PvP I think of DW magsorcs overload builds when I think of DW magbuilds. But then again, sorcs never benefited from the weapon passives on overload builds since they don´t carry over to "overload-form".

tell that @Blobsky :)
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »

tell that @Blobsky :)

I think he mentions something about it in his latest mag-sorc buildvideo if I remember it correctly.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW is completely viable on petsorc
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭
    Non-CP campaigns are dead on Xbox, there is only below level 50 campaign Kyne, and Sotha Sil which is 30 day non-cp. And both campaigns are empty. Its not even PVP in there, my friends and I joke and call it PVC....player vs castle....cause thats almost all there is to do is capture keeps if someone managed to take some while people slept. My point is non-cp is dead at least on xbox....so why would the battlegrounds be non-cp too seeing how almost the whole server are playing characters and builds around having champion points. I think having an option of playing either CP or non-CP battlegrounds would be much better than just having one or the other, especially when you keep switching between the two. Everytime you do, people have to change their characters and gear to be effective in battlegrounds. We have non-cp and CP campaigns, why would this not apply to battlegrounds?
    Edited by koralr33fer on January 15, 2018 1:05PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This set is going to work perfectly on my dual wield Magplar, replacing Skoria. I already run Mechanical Acuity so I have guaranteed periods of crit damage from all sources. Weave a light attack in when Acuity procs and proc Zaan and hit Soul Assault (or Jabs or Bats in a multiple enemies situation) for a crit on every tic of damage. This is going to be a powerful set for melee magicka characters.
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Apparently fixing the double-byte cyrillic font and thus removing an unfortunate eyesore is not going to happen... again?
    GM - [Trade, PC EU] The Forbidden Cleavage - pm to join
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why nerf gap closers?

Gap closers deal high damage, that is true, but why is that an issue? Ranged skills deal high damage as well and melee skills deal more damage still (generally speaking). Having to give up one slot for a gap closer is already enough of a penalty for melee users the way I see it.

What needs to be nerfed however is the snares attached to other skills or gapclosers. Snares make it incredibly hard for targets to get out of melee range and therefore alleviate the need for gapclosers or (in the case of snaring gapclosers) allow you to cast the gapcloser on a target once and not to worry about the target getting out of range again.

Also critical rush is one of the few skills, making 2h viable as a dps skillline in pvp (unless you wan't to spam wrecking blow...), by nerfing the damage of this morph by almost 40% 2h will simply become a buffbar and lose much of its offensive appeal (executioner will of course still be good and wrecking blow for those players who are into channelled no-skill abilities).

Now don't get me wrong, I am all for buffing ranged builds, since there is a pretty strong stamina meta going on in pvp at the moment :/. But this approach doesn't seem promising to me, simply get rid of those *** snares.
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP CP BGs... I hate this patch!
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    #fixtopplingcharge
    #fixrunefocus
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outfit Tokens should be renamed to Fashion Scrolls.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master Writ Updates
    Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator who sells furnishings and recipes for Writ Vouchers, has changed some of his offerings. He retired several of his furniture plans and now offers 6 new furniture plans. Visit him to see what he is selling.

Additionally, Rolis Hlaalu has a new assistant: Faustina Curio, the Achievement Mediator. This new merchant sells plans and furnishings for Writ Vouchers to characters that have attained certain achievements. Among these items are plans that Rolis previously stopped selling, as well as new furnishing documents that contain Morrowind furnishing plans. You can find Faustina Curio right next to Rolis Hlaalu, at the Writ drop-off area.

Thank you for that, I have a lot of vouchers sitting in bank, just waiting to buy something worthwhile with them.

Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you inform us which houses will be buyable with in-game gold and which are crown exclusive?
    Argonian forever
  • jasonteck
    jasonteck
    why is battlegrounds back to no CP?
    Edited by jasonteck on January 21, 2018 2:05PM
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you inform us which houses will be buyable with in-game gold and which are crown exclusive?

Assuming it stays the way it's setup on PTS: Coldharbour for gold/crowns and the other two as crown store exclusives (probably time-gated)