The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Who is the strongest player controlled hero in the Elder Scrolls series?

• Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kiara wrote: »
    Champion of Cyrodiil for me. This dude mantled Pelinal AND became Sheogorath. He also fought and won with Jyggalag, who is believed to be the strongest daedric prince out there. You can't beat being Daedric Prince! :D

Didn't the 'Eterinal warrior champion from arena become Talos, & isn't the time line between Arena & ESO so close that Visage the Prisoner & the Eternal champion could be one in the same person. Like the guy who established the third empire is also the one who ended the war of three banners...

Though Talos shares the same powers as dragon born.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »
    Kiara wrote: »
    Champion of Cyrodiil for me. This dude mantled Pelinal AND became Sheogorath. He also fought and won with Jyggalag, who is believed to be the strongest daedric prince out there. You can't beat being Daedric Prince! :D

Didn't the 'Eterinal warrior champion from arena become Talos, & isn't the time line between Arena & ESO so close that Visage the Prisoner & the Eternal champion could be one in the same person. Like the guy who established the third empire is also the one who ended the war of three banners...

Though Talos shares the same powers as dragon born.

Arena took place like 400 years after Tiber Septim, and Online is like other 400 yeasr before Tiber Setim

http://prntscr.com/ilydlr

Besides, it would have been quite easy to stop the Planemeld for the Vetige if he was a Dragonborn... Just using the Chim el Adabal would have him become a Golden Dragon, like Martin on TES IV
    Edited by Xvorg on March 2, 2018 5:18PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the anonymous poll?

Anyway, I haven't played the first two games since that was before my time and I've played too little Morrowind to have any real knowledge, so I can base it on the others.

Out of the CoC, Dragonborn, and Vestige, I'd say CoC definitely beats the other two hands down.

The Vestige is pretty mediocre. He's got nothing going for him. No special powers, no special relationships, and the one thing he does which is heroic is not only a small part of a much bigger problem, he sacrificed one of his colleagues by choice in order to do so (lets face it, he spends too little time with the Companions to actually call any of them his friends), and all because the selfish ******* wanted his soul back. Hero? More like a sellsword. Quite accurate too considering they actually pay you.

The Dragonborn killed a boss dragon, a boss vampire, and a boss Daedric cultist. Guess what? All those dragons are still there, all those vampires are still there, and Solstheim is too far away for anyone to give a **** about the poor sods living there who keep asking about what those statues they been building are doing there. And to make it worse, no one gives a **** about your accomplishments. You save Skyrim on two occasions, and only the guards seem to appreciate what you did, assuming they aren't about to tell you the time about taking an arrow in the need, or guessing about the next sweetroll thief you want to report. If not that, it's because they're about to tell you off for using the thu'um.

The Champion of Cyrodiil, now that's a hero to aspire to be like. Start off as a nobody, save a city and bang, you're a known name. Pursuit a quest with a priest who's destiny has been kept from him, and watch him turn into a worthy emperor as you journey from Oblivion and back, fighting countless hordes of daedra, saving every city in Cyrodiil from imminent disaster, taking on the most ambitious and dangerous daedric cult Tamriel has ever seen and slaying their obsessed and deluded leader, and help the new emperor restore the fires to seal the barrier between Mundus and Oblivion forever. Not to mention becoming the Divine Crusader and saving Cyrodiil from the wrath of a former Ayleid king, and becoming the new Prince of Madness. Not only is you name well know to the ordinary folk of Cyrodiil, but even a statue is built in your honour for future generations to remember and learn from what you've accomplished.

Like I said, I don't know enough about the original three games to know if the other three heroes are worthy enough to be considered anymore powerful, but out of the other three then the CoC is undoubtedly the strongest.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Checkmath wrote: »
    The champion of Cyrodiil defeated the most powerful and feared daedric prince (maybe weakened, but still incredible powerful) and ascended to a daedra. he also defeated the half-daedra Umaril.

Wasn't Boromir who defeated Dagon? I'm quite sure he was... but could have been also Ned Stark... who knows?

edit: Maybe you are talking about Cyrolag, which is quite strong these days, but to do that he needed help from uncle Sheo

why are you even answering, when you actually just talk ***? just let us tell each other about our preferences and thoughts, you dont have to comment it.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind and the death of the Tribunal seems small in comparison. The Tribunal were Demi gods, never having the strength of the actual aedra or daedra. They condemned their entire race with ashen grey skin, two of them requested the aid of the Vestige already and the lands they rule over always seem in no better shape than the rest of Tamriel.
    Until Vivec achieves CHIM, then all bets are off. ;)
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on main story... Pretty obvious given you became, in simple terms, an Avatar of an Aedra
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The dragonborn because of Fus Ro Dah!
    Edited by leetacakesb16_ESO on March 10, 2018 4:01PM
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (I haven't played TES I or TES II so I base my opinion on Morrowind onwards)

Becoming the Daedric Prince of Madness and defeating one of the strongest entities in existence is probably the pinnacle of power when compared to other heroes.

When you think about it:

Vestige had help from 4 companions and Meridia herself,
    Nerevarine had help from Azura and Vivec,
    Dragonborn was born with a superpower and had help from Alduin's kid

Champion of Cyrodiil might have been pushed along by the divine powers here and there but was basically an ex-prisoner that done everything more or less by himself (with the exception of some help from the Dragongod of Time)
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zul Mey Gut! Greetings! Wunduniik!

The following statement is entirely my own personal opinion. I cannot speak yet for The Elder Scrolls Online and I am not Lore Expert of Elder Scrolls Universe in general. Not yet. I have had a privilege to experience Skyrim and I must chose the Dragonborn ~ The protagonist of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The Dragonborn has fought against countless of Evil foes, Daedra ,Bandits ,Forsworn ,Falmer , Dwarven Automatons ,Wizards, Vampires. The Strongest, if we speak about pure Physical strength and total power, he still surpasses everyone else on the list in particular if Character is either Nord or Orc, even Khajit or Argonian {Physical strength} Never underestimate the power of the Lizard and Cat ;)

He liberated Sykrim. He has vanquished the great evils , The Dragon Menace, Vampire Threat and First Dragonborn.

~ Mastery of Thu'um the shouts which can further amplify and overpower your foes in dozens of ways

The hero can utilize the Dragon Language to form Dragon Shouts of immense power.

The Thu'um potency is the greatest power of the Dragonborn. He/she can has the capability to Summon a Dragon, Dragons Dragons (Dovah, or Dov in plural) are a reptilian race from Akavir that were once widespread throughout Tamriel. Although seeming rather beast-like, they are profoundly intelligent, capable of speech, written language, and comprehension of other languages. Their strength is nearly unrivalled and they literally feared by anyone and their names is whispered in terror.

Our Hero,Our hero claims the warriors heart! I'll tell you ,I'll tell you the Dragonborns comes! He came and he {In this particular instance I'll pick the male gender} "slew the World Eater" Alduin.

~ He can slay and absord the power of the Dragon. The Dragon you killed is subsumed into his partition. He can tame and ride even the Legendary Dragons, second in power to Alduin only.

He is considered the "wellspring" of the Nordic pantheon, as well as the harbinger of the apocalypse, believed to have a greater role in reshaping the world entirely. He is also described as the "creator of dragon civilization"

Slayer of Alduin, The sole achievement is almost enough to put Dragonborn at Number one list.

The Dragon has vanquished, Miraak a foe possibly even more powerful than Alduin.

"So you have slain Alduin... Well done. I could have slain him myself, back when I walked the earth, but I chose a different path." He spoke with great confidence and calmness and was not impressed by deeds of the Dragonborn at all.

A champion of Hermaeus Mora He had the ability to devours the souls of dragonkind and even three Dragons joined his cause.

Special note ~ Miraak is immune to the one shot effect of the Deadric Dagger , Mehrunes' Razor.

Sincerely I believe Miraak was the most powerful Dragonborn, He had the greatest potential and potency but was overshadowed with his pride and arrogance with ultimately lead to his downfall.

~ Dragonborn has emerged triumphant against incredibly powerful frost giant and often considered hardest boss of the Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Karstaag,found in Castle Karstaag Ruins.

Karstaag has a 100% resistance to disease, frost, and poison, as well as a 75% resistance to shock. He cannot be ragdolled, and is immune to all forms of paralysis, as well as Mehrunes' Razor, Mora's Grasp, Whirlwind Cloak, and the instant kill effect of Wabbajack. He does have a 25% weakness to fire, however.

Notable victories, Duels ~

The Ebony Warrior, Lord Harkon one of the most powerful Vampire Lords ever, Dremora Valkynaz Mehrunes Dagon's personal guard, Eight Dragon Priests and so on..

~ The Dragonborn at his full power is nigh invincible and he has even absorbed the knowledge of the black books.

The power of the Thu'um can virtually give him/her upper hand against any foe, be that a master of ranged/magic and art of melee combat ~ Great Wizard, Demi-God,Vampire Lord, Dragonborn and Even most powerful of the Deadric creatures,servants...

It might be that Dragonborn is I think he is an aspect of Talos or manteling the oversoul of talos.

Visualise the following ~

He/she has the opportunity to eat literally hundreds or thousands of dragons, each of whom could have eaten any number of other dragons themselves. What you get is an incredibly massive shard of the Time Dragon, certainly the largest that is physically on Nirn

~ Dragonborn can lead armies of Dragons with Bend Will. The Dragonborn can escape/bend time , use the power of the Elder Scrolls and has an absolutely mastery in all forms of combat. He would completely vaporize any of the heroes on the list with the diverse and has the access of the armour and weapons of extraordinary power.

Even severely outnumbered and weakened his power is almost incomprehensible.

Dragonborn is above all of the mortals. At the ultimate level of power he can take a anyone on Nirn except entities such are Nine Divines ,Deadric Princes within their own realm of Oblivion.

Ultimately the Dragonborn has the greatest potential of all {List} and wields seemingly infinite amount of power

I might update the post in the following weeks or months ;)

Thank you for reading! FUS!

Edited by Vanya on March 14, 2018 4:25PM
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vestige purely due to the fact that they’re immortal.

The Hero of Kvatch if you count them post Sheogorath.

The Vestige again if you count their brief time with the Amulet of Kings.
    Edited by Vrienda on March 21, 2018 10:54AM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • HeroUndying
    HeroUndying
    ✭✭✭
    The way I understand it is that the Thuum is similar to tonal magic used by the Dwemer. Tonal magic literally has the ability to affect time and space and is therefore one of the most powerful types of magic, much similar to the Thuum (ie slow time, Alduin's resurrect shout, etc.). Therefore, once the LDB learns how to use the Thuum and use it effectively, he becomes one of of the most powerful beings alive. He can literally shape reality using his voice. That's friggin nuts.

Still, I cast my vote for CoC, since he becomes the Prince of Madness.

And while, yes, the Vestige is incredibly powerful due to being able to return to life a seemingly infinite amount, without the aid of another Daedra, Meridia, and the Amulet of Kings, he never would've been able to take on the Molag Bal and win. The Lord of Domination would've just continued to torture him/her every time they resurrected.

I don't know much about the others, admittedly, but based on research, I'm still confident that the CoC still takes the cake.