The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Who is the strongest player controlled hero in the Elder Scrolls series?

• Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    There is no reason to include mechanic since it changes from game to game, in some games it changed for better and in others for worse. There is no reason to include mechanic into this topic in the same way as there is no reason for non existant telekinesis in Skyrim. With that logic can I say that Dragonborn has only average intelligence and willpower (which prpbably makes him weakest) because there is no attributes in this game, it just doesn't make sense in my opinion.
    Edited by Kiara on December 31, 2017 5:14PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaktus wrote: »
    Alright, so the Agent of Daggerfall was in the right places at the right times, that's about it.

That can pretty much be said about them all. All of the protagonists in the series are diamonds in the rough. Were it not for the events that made them a hero, they would have probably led unremarkable lives and died in obscurity. The Vestige probably did, before becoming the Vestige.

In pairing them up, I think both the Dovahkiin and the Vestige could take out the others. Power creep in Elder Scrolls is real and there are even ESO bosses that could probably defeat heroes in this poll.

Between Dovahkiin and Vestige, I would say that each could take out the other. It would come down to skill, timing, and luck.

If the Dragonborn was called first instead of third, or Alduin took the longer scenic route to Helgen, then the Dragonborn would've been decapitated 5min into the journey.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore wise there is only one vestige so it’s irrelevant regarding trials.

The Vestige uses the Amulet of Kings to defeat Molag Bal, similar to when the last of the Septim dynasty uses the amulet to defeat another Daedric Prince, Mehrunes Dagon.

The Dragonborn defeated Alduin, offspring of Akatosh the God of Time. But it is theorized that the Dragonborn replaces Miraak as a Prince’s lackey.

The Summerset Isles DLC for Oblivion changes the Hero of Kvatch into a Prince.

Morrowind and the death of the Tribunal seems small in comparison. The Tribunal were Demi gods, never having the strength of the actual aedra or daedra. They condemned their entire race with ashen grey skin, two of them requested the aid of the Vestige already and the lands they rule over always seem in no better shape than the rest of Tamriel.

I’d say the Vestige and the Hero of Kvatch are on even ground. Vestige brokers a truce between 3 warring factions and stops the destruction of Tamriel and wounding a Deadric Prince for who knows how many hundreds of years. Hero is instrumental in stopping the invasion of the Oblivion Crisis by helping the avatar of Akatosh, the god of time himself, defeat a Deadrice Prince and banishing back into Oblivion.

Then Summerset aisle DLC turns to Hero of Kvatch into a god so I’d say that the Hero became the most powerful.
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on January 4, 2018 5:18AM
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore wise there is only one vestige so it’s irrelevant regarding trials.

The Vestige uses the Amulet of Kings to defeat Molag Bal, similar to when the last of the Septim dynasty uses the amulet to defeat another Daedric Prince, Mehrunes Dagon.

The Dragonborn defeated Alduin, offspring of Akatosh the God of Time. But it is theorized that the Dragonborn replaces Miraak as a Prince’s lackey.

The Summerset Isles DLC for Oblivion changes the Hero of Kvatch into a Prince.

Morrowind and the death of the Tribunal seems small in comparison. The Tribunal were Demi gods, never having the strength of the actual aedra or daedra. They condemned their entire race with ashen grey skin, two of them requested the aid of the Vestige already and the lands they rule over always seem in no better shape than the rest of Tamriel.

I’d say the Vestige and the Hero of Kvatch are on even ground. Vestige brokers a truce between 3 warring factions and stops the destruction of Tamriel and wounding a Deadric Prince for who knows how many hundreds of years. Hero is instrumental in stopping the invasion of the Oblivion Crisis by helping the avatar of Akatosh, the god of time himself, defeat a Deadrice Prince and banishing back into Oblivion.

Then Summerset aisle DLC turns to Hero of Kvatch into a god so I’d say that the Hero became the most powerful.

Do not forget that VEHK has achieved CHIM. That is no small matter.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok for all you saying its the vestige….ask yourself if the dragon born,the CoC or the Nerevarine had to flee from city guards? or could they mow em down like wheat under the reapers blade?
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt the champion of Cyrodiil, like everyone said he became Sheogorath no other hero dragonborn or Nerevarine or the others would stand a chance against him.
  • ArgonianTemplar
    ArgonianTemplar
    Soul Shriven
    Ok for all you saying its the vestige….ask yourself if the dragon born,the CoC or the Nerevarine had to flee from city guards? or could they mow em down like wheat under the reapers blade?

lmao

/thread
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on June 19, 2018 7:54AM
  • Eocosa
    Eocosa
    ✭✭✭
    As many others, I voted for the champion of cyrodill because of the end of shivering isles. If it were not for that I would probably have voted for another, but I feel it is quite hard to not seriously consider this in a comparison.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eocosa wrote: »
    As many others, I voted for the champion of cyrodill because of the end of shivering isles. If it were not for that I would probably have voted for another, but I feel it is quite hard to not seriously consider this in a comparison.

What point is there in becoming a god when you’ve already killed a few? Seems like a demeaning label.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vestige has accomplished more but is probably the weakest, in my order its coc if sheogorath, dovah (pains me to put him above nerevarine), then nerevarine. Though alduin was not at full power so I'm not sure how much that puts him or if it puts him above nerevarine but nerevarine also kills weakened gods
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vestige is able to kill a daedric prince. How could he be weaker than the Cyro hero?
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    The Vestige is able to kill a daedric prince. How could he be weaker than the Cyro hero?

End game spoilers ahead
    Vestige did not kill any Daedric Prince I can remember and is not able to do so. If you talk about Molag Bal, he/she was far from killing him, just harmed him enough to go away with Planemeld etc., he/she was using both power of Meridia AND Amulet of Kings to kick Molag Balls, while CoC did not need any assistance (except Sheogorath Staff). :)
    Edited by Kiara on January 7, 2018 1:27PM
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    I want to say the Dragonborn. Because you're basically the demigod child of Akatosh, if you RP as such. You were born a god, while everyone else was given godhood or immortality.
  • tyjoie
    tyjoie
    ✭✭
    While the Champion of Cyrodill does technically become a Daedra, I'll give this one to the Dragonborn considering the potential he has for the future if we look at previous Dragonborns, particularly Tiber Septim.
    Ex-Beta tester
    Playing since 2014
    Still a noob
    Green-Sap Loyalist
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    Please bear in mind when you fight Molag Bal you kind of "cheat" you use outside means to multiply your power tenfold and use similar methods to divide his power by just as great an amount. If not more.
    So at the absolute minimum you're Vestige is x10 and Bal in 1/10th so a real fight would have been a hundred times the hurdle and probably impossible had we not used the amulet of kings.
    Edited by LapisLazuli99 on January 8, 2018 9:46PM
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerevarine killed Dagoth Ur who had the power of the Heart of Lorkhan. Killed Almalexia (Vivec) and beat Hircine.

Just dealing with Dagoth Ur put's him on the highest level. Consider that Dagoth Ur + Heart of Lorkhan > Alduin

CoC is a strong candidate too, but most of its strenght is tied to the Shivering Isles. Any fight held there is a victory for him, but we are talking about fights in Cyro, and no Daedric Prince has real power in Cyro (In fact, the one who gets closer is Mehrunes in the Oblivion crisis).

Dovakhiin, despite the hype, isn't the most powerful one, first, because he is not the only Dragonborn. In fact, the Dragonborn were so common as the emperors of Cyrodill. Second, because he was to dependant on the voice. Without the voice he's just an average warrior.

Now considering Lord Neverar defeated Jurgen Windcaller, one could clearly state that Nerevarine > Dragonborn. In spite Windcaller founded "the way of the voice", Dovakhiin being the perfect Dragonborn, shouldn't be able to defeat Nerevarine who in time is the perfect Nerevar.

Regarding the Vestige... he's a good guy but far, far away from those power monsters

1- Nerevarine (CoC in Shivering Isles)
    2- CoC
    3- Dragonborn
    4- Eternal Champion
    5- Agent
    6- Vestige (more of a tool, with the help of powerful allies such as the 5 companions or Meridia)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hero of Kvatch. He became one of the best Daedric Princes.
    Edited by gepe87 on January 10, 2018 2:26AM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Hero of Kvatch. He became one of the best Daedric Princes.

I have a theory about Nerevarine and Lorkhan

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4769464/#Comment_4769464

But I do believe CoC is the strongest one... in the Isles
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why it is canon that the hero of Kvatch "completed the Shivering Isles questline"? The SI have nothing to do with Oblivion's MQ. Is it canon that all protagonists "complete all the questlines in each game," especially considering that there are questlines for all different kinds of morals/lifestyles? It doesn't make reasonably realistic sense to consider that the Oblivion protagonist has anything to do with the SI DLC or frankly any of the other questlines in my opinion.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why it is canon that the hero of Kvatch "completed the Shivering Isles questline"? The SI have nothing to do with Oblivion's MQ. Is it canon that all protagonists "complete all the questlines in each game," especially considering that there are questlines for all different kinds of morals/lifestyles? It doesn't make reasonably realistic sense to consider that the Oblivion protagonist has anything to do with the SI DLC or frankly any of the other questlines in my opinion.

Well, not every TES quest is canon. For example, in Morrowind there’s a Mages Guild quest to kill the Masters of House Telvanni, yet Neloth is alive and well in Skyrim. Clearly some quests take precedence over others.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    The Vestige had assistance cleaving Molag Bal in two sure but the Dragonborn had the assistance of 3 other warriors when taking down Alduin, and Serana's help with Harkon (plus the god-bow if you weren't an idiot). And technically Mora was the one who killed Miraak, but it's heavily implied DB would have won anyway so I'd be willing to give them that.
    Yeah it's pretty strongly implied that the champion of any given faction is not necessarily the same as the main character.

Additionally there was a lore bit we got a little while ago suggesting that mantling Sheogorath is a temporary deal. So even if it was the CoC that mantled Sheo what they had may just have been borrowed power.
    I am a Vestige, all that remains of a mortal from your world who 'mantled' Sheogorath during an event in a previous time. As a fragment, my memory of the event is … fragmentary.
    -Haskill
    Personally I'm in the camp of there being no canon power levels among the player characters since their identities are for us to decide.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time you are struggling with your PUG in Crypts of Hearts, Selene's Web and soon (or on PTS) in Fang Lair, remember that Eternal Champion soloed all of them. But Nerevarine defeated three Gods and will live until someone kills him/her, so...
    PC/EU
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time you are struggling with your PUG in Crypts of Hearts, Selene's Web and soon (or on PTS) in Fang Lair, remember that Eternal Champion soloed all of them. But Nerevarine defeated three Gods and will live until someone kills him/her, so...

Yes, and that task will prove quite difficult when one’s Nerevarine is in possession of a Royal Signet Ring.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Royal_Signet_Ring
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say possibly the Hero of Kvatch.

But The Vestige has been through more than any other Tamriel hero in the way of "big" plots.

Stopping Molag Bal and the Planemeld.

Taking on the Celestials.

Uniting Orsinium.

Aiding Vivec and stopping Barbas from getting Clavicus Vile into the Clockwork City.

Beating back Nocturnal from the Clockwork City.

In his or her own right, The Vestige is pretty powerful. Even if, for the most part, The Vestige seems like they are just a mercenary caught up in extraordinary circumstances.
    Edited by JD2013 on January 14, 2018 12:16PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Frantastick
    Frantastick
    ✭✭
    Comment with what legendary achievements make them the strongest?

Clearly its the dragonborn. He's the only protagonist to get special powers.

Arena and Oblivion, youre just some guy

Daggerfall your a politician, big woop

Morrowind you MIGHT be the Nerevarine.... maybe.

And in ESO you're LESS than the other protagonists since you not only dont have extra powers, you are missing a soul. lol
    Edited by Frantastick on January 15, 2018 8:54AM
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    You all should chat with Sheo at the end of the Pelagius the mad questline in Solitude in TES V. Coc is Sheo...
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    You all should chat with Sheo at the end of the Pelagius the mad questline in Solitude in TES V. Coc is Sheo...

It is strongly hinted that CoC became Sheo thst we see in Skyrim.
    And I still believe CoC is the strongest one. He became a daedric prince eventually, while Dragoborn was manipulated by HM a lot. He could not win with Daedric Prince and may end up like Miraak.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the Champion of Cyrodiil due to the shivering isles quest line and becoming Sheogorath. The Neraverine is a close 2nd
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, Nerevarine can fly around at the speed of light...
    Sure, Champion of Cyrodii can become literally invincible via spellcrafting...

...but Vestige is the only hero who can actually die and resurrect without reloading a save. Checkmate.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.