The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Who is the strongest player controlled hero in the Elder Scrolls series?

LapisLazuli99
LapisLazuli99
✭✭✭
Comment with what legendary achievements make them the strongest?
Edited by LapisLazuli99 on December 26, 2017 10:12PM
Xbox One - NA
GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
AD - Breton Sorcerer
AD - High Elf Nightblade
AD - High Elf Templar
AD - Wood Elf Warden
AD - Khajiit Necromancer
AD - High Elf Arcanist

Who is the strongest player controlled hero in the Elder Scrolls series? 203 votes

The Elder Scrolls : Arena - The Eternal Champion
0% 2 votes
The Elder Scrolls II : Daggerfall - The Hero of Daggerfall
0% 1 vote
The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind - The Nerevarine
18% 37 votes
The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion - The Champion of Cyrodiil
25% 52 votes
The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim - The Dragonborn
34% 71 votes
The Elder Scrolls Online - The Vestige
19% 40 votes
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    The champion of Cyrodiil easily wins this. At least if you go with the whole "became Sheogorath" thing :wink:
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »
    The champion of Cyrodiil easily wins this. At least if you go with the whole "became Sheogorath" thing :wink:

That's a really good point and it's definitely important to consider all options befalling that hero.
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't vote I haven't played most of the TES games.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    I can't vote I haven't played most of the TES games.

Honesty Is better than pretending to know so good on you =)
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    Champion of Cyrodiil for me. This dude mantled Pelinal AND became Sheogorath. He also fought and won with Jyggalag, who is believed to be the strongest daedric prince out there. You can't beat being Daedric Prince! :D
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vestige is pretty much unkillable.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The dragon borne killed a god after all, pretty much unaided
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an unfair fight. From what I know the Dragonborn is the first main character in the series where there is no doubt that he/she is actually the chosen one from the prophecy.
    The Champion of Cyrodiil is probably stronger if he became Sheogorath, but who knows how strong all these dragon souls made Dovahkin eventually (so let's not speculate any further and focus on permant powers / accomplishments in the game). And as a side note, you kill Mannimarco in that game, which is something the Vestige tried and failed, despite all effort.
    The Vestige is kind of unkillable, yes, but that doesn't make him/her strong. At least not as strong as someone who can shout you to death. I like to think that the Vestige is the strongest of the Undaunted, but then it kind of stops there.
    The Nerevarine might have eternal life, so infinite training time, but again, no speculation. Other than that, kind of ordinary as well, but probably the best politician among them.
    Don't know the first two that well.

So my ranking would be
    1Dragonborn, 2Champion of Cyrodiil, 3Nerevarine, 4Vestige and wherever the other two fit in.

Please tell me why I am wrong, because I don't want Dovahkin to win ^^
    Edited by Ratzkifal on December 27, 2017 11:36AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    @Ratzkifal Well it's hinted in Skyrim that Sheogorath is CoC so I assume it happened as default, so if we speak about raw power of character it has to be CoC in the first place. Unless we consider Dragonborn being an aspect of Talos soul then simply he is the strongest...
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, so the Agent of Daggerfall was in the right places at the right times, that's about it.

The Nerevarine is immortal in the sense that he can keep coming back, plus he killed two (weakened) gods, destroyed a work-in-progress god, and beat up ol' Hircine for good measure too. I like to think he went to Akavir and personally prevented further invasions of Tamriel (hence his disappearance)

The Champion of Cyrodiil, in the main quest, was again right place at the right time, but he seemed mostly support. It's the whole Sheogorath thing that elevated him.

The Dragonborn, honestly I don't know as much about but from what I've seen he's probably up there with the most powerful beings on Tamriel what with the whole dragon souls and shouting magic.

Finally, the Vestige is immortal and unkillable as a daedra, but power wise is rather weak. Remember that it takes up to twelve vestiges to kill beings that the Dragonborn (or possibly the Nerevarine) could likely take on solo.

Honestly for me it's a close race between Dragonborn and Nerevarine
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    Lot of God killing in the comments. Correct me if I'm wrong but CoC is the only hero who's caught a true God? Everyone else caught false gods,weakened God's or aspects of gods? Even Alduin wasn't as tough as he could have been if I remember.

Also isn't uncle Sheo the strongest Prince?
    Hence the whole reason he exists.
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerevarine, because of ES3 potion stacking. Make a fortify intelligence potion, drink it, repeat until your intelligence is buffed to 10K and then make levitate and fortify strength potions. Fly across the map at light speed, one-shot anything with a chitin throwing star.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Nerevarine.

Levitation
    Permanent enchants thanks to Golden Saints, including but not limited to invisibility.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    The Nerevarine.

Levitation
    Permanent enchants thanks to Golden Saints, including but not limited to invisibility.

And let's not forget that Daedric Dai Katana with an Absorb Health enchant.

And I preferred Chameleon or Sanctuary enchantments.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nerevarine. Create potion to increase intelligence, drink potion, create new potion to increase intelligence, drink potion, repeat for 1 hour... Create strength potion. Kill anything in 1 punch.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    As far as abusing crafting mechanics goes those tricks are in quite a few games and should likely be ignored.
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaktus wrote: »
    Finally, the Vestige is immortal and unkillable as a daedra, but power wise is rather weak. Remember that it takes up to twelve vestiges to kill beings that the Dragonborn (or possibly the Nerevarine) could likely take on solo.

The reference to 12-Man Trials isn't quite a canon example of the Vestige's potential. Remember in a multitude of Quests that deal with dangers and conflicts in battlegrounds, it always seems either like a standstill or an impending loss...until the Vestige shows up and singlehandedly sorts the whole thing out in a swift overwhelming victory. There are even NPCs who straight mention how astonished they are at how easily the Vestige handled the situation, and we're never given any actual physical or emotional ques that these acts are seriously trying and stressing on the Vestige.

Frankly the dialogue options are really straight forward and stoic. "Oh there's evil Daedra invading the city, slaughtering innocent people in droves, and you want me to brave the fight, close their portals, and slay their masters to save the city and stop the bloodshed all by myself? Sure, just point me to the portals and I'll get to it."

I haven't played Morrowind and only a small fraction of Oblivion, so I don't know how those two Heroes were like, but the Dragonborn I remember is pretty much exactly like this. However the one major difference is, the Dragonborn has a single life and is still very Mortal regardless of their power with the Thuum. The Vestige on the other hand, practically cannot die.

Something to do with our Soul being untethered from the Mundus after the whole Coldharbour thing?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nerevarine. Given the mechanics of Morrowind, you can almost become infinitely powerful. Skyrim and Oblivion are far too tame when it comes to magical effects.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying this topic because even when people disagree you all back up your opinions with well thought out points =D
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    Game specific mechanic should not be included in my opinion, because in the same way I could say that Dragonborn mechanically is best because he is not fighting like clumsy Nerevarine who needs to strike cliffracer 15 times to hit it once. So I suggest we stick to story-wise content ^.^
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiara wrote: »
    Game specific mechanic should not be included in my opinion, because in the same way I could say that Dragonborn mechanically is best because he is not fighting like clumsy Nerevarine who needs to strike cliffracer 15 times to hit it once. So I suggest we stick to story-wise content ^.^

That’s only in the beginning. Later you can cast a 1 point levitation spell on cliff racers to make em’ drop.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think becoming a Daedric prince in number 4 tops the list.
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    Kiara wrote: »

That’s only in the beginning. Later you can cast a 1 point levitation spell on cliff racers to make em’ drop.

Oh yeah, Nerevarine can do sick stuff end-game, but there is no real explanation (story-wise) why you can levitate in Morrowind while in Oblivion/Skyrim you can't (and other stuff of course, like mystery of disappearance of spears) :D
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh I'm really torn between the Vestige and Dragonborn. It's more just what happens in the lore and stuff. I mean the Dragonborn can shout dragon stuff, kills pretty much the son of an Aedra, and could become the top of many groups anf factions. The Vestige thwarts several daedric princes, can freely port between a few planes of Oblivion, kicked the God of Brulatity's butt, can become a gosh darn high ranking military member, fight celestial beings, and just so much. And from the looks of it, the Vestige's soul (if you reclaim it) isn't really bound to any faction, daedra, or anything after death, so the Vestige can do stuff more freely with less consequences.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    The Nerevarine. Create potion to increase intelligence, drink potion, create new potion to increase intelligence, drink potion, repeat for 1 hour... Create strength potion. Kill anything in 1 punch.
    If you replace the word "potion" for "beer" you get...

e00b1c8ec60666e18e41af03b1ce2669.jpg
    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on December 30, 2017 12:23PM
    Master Craftsman!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaktus wrote: »
    Alright, so the Agent of Daggerfall was in the right places at the right times, that's about it.

That can pretty much be said about them all. All of the protagonists in the series are diamonds in the rough. Were it not for the events that made them a hero, they would have probably led unremarkable lives and died in obscurity. The Vestige probably did, before becoming the Vestige.

In pairing them up, I think both the Dovahkiin and the Vestige could take out the others. Power creep in Elder Scrolls is real and there are even ESO bosses that could probably defeat heroes in this poll.

Between Dovahkiin and Vestige, I would say that each could take out the other. It would come down to skill, timing, and luck.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One thing we know for sure: the Vestige is by far the weakest of them all. Its like the Dragonborn is the final boss at the end of a raid and the Vestige is the critter that crawls at the entrance of that same raid.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gosh I'm really torn between the Vestige and Dragonborn. It's more just what happens in the lore and stuff. I mean the Dragonborn can shout dragon stuff, kills pretty much the son of an Aedra, and could become the top of many groups anf factions. The Vestige thwarts several daedric princes, can freely port between a few planes of Oblivion, kicked the God of Brulatity's butt, can become a gosh darn high ranking military member, fight celestial beings, and just so much. And from the looks of it, the Vestige's soul (if you reclaim it) isn't really bound to any faction, daedra, or anything after death, so the Vestige can do stuff more freely with less consequences.

One thing you're missing here: the Vestige doesn't do any of that alone. And he never actually "thwarted" any Daedric princes. The only reason he ever got even the slightest chance in his fight against Molag Bal was the blessing he received from Stendar (or Akatosh can't remember which one). The Dragonborn takes out a living God literally single handed without any help from the Aedra. To defeat a celestial or Rakkhat or close down the Halls of Fabrication, it takes 12 Vestiges who have help from a priest or a genius sorcerer. To defeat Alduin or Miraak or Harkon it took 1 Dragonborn.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going with the Champion of Cyrodiil, because of all the heroes listed he or she is the ONLY one who sticks around afterwards to continue shaping events, at least that we can see. (It's admittedly early to tell for the Last Dragonborn since we don't know what happened to them after Skyrim.) Half the ones listed have taken down at least one Daedric Prince or other god-like entity, and while it's true the Vestige has taken down more than usual, how much of that is due to personal power and how much of that is due to opportunity? For example, we don't know if the Last Dragonborn could have taken on Hircine like the Nerevarine did because Hircine never sticks around to fight. Neither of them got a chance to fight the Celestial Serpent because he never manifested on Nirn during their time. Etc.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would have to say the Nerevarine. As others have mentioned, the mechanics of Morrowind just made it so easy to make a ridiculously powerful character.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%