Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you pay for a normal skin?

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others
    Isildurrr wrote: »
    Yeah I would, like 200 crowns max, 400, never.

Keep dreaming.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others
    Have a drink every once in a while. Don't starve yourself
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I would pay for a normal skin
    I've stopped playing my NB because she looks so horrible. I tried the blindfold for awhile, but still... My male character looks much better with vampirism than she does and my Khajiit looks pretty awesome. It's just females that look really bad imo.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ideally, this is the way vampirism should work.
    • When you become a vampire, you unlock a new Vampirism skin.
    • The Vampirism skin can be used on any character that is a vampire.
    • Don't want to look like a vampire? Don't use the skin. Want to show off your pastiness? Use the skin.

This makes more sense than an anti-vampire skin. It also makes it clearer to players that the vampire appearance and cosmetic skins are mutually exclusive, since the vampirism skin would just be another skin in your collectibles menu.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not be able to hide your vampirism
    On the flip side would you want someone in Werewolf form performing Werewolf attacks but appear like a normal character, just a character jumping and clawing? I didn't think so. That's what you're wanting for Vampire, to use all the abilities with none of the physical transformation.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another my vampire is as ugly as duck. I want all the benefits plus looking like Robert Pattison thread.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “No” to players wanting all the privileges of being a vampire without the appearance that’s been well-established in Elder Scrolls lore ... which by the way is a cosmetic issue only.
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    “No” to players wanting all the privileges of being a vampire without the appearance that’s been well-established in Elder Scrolls lore ... which by the way is a cosmetic issue only.
    I'd like you to meet Count Verandis, who has a normal elven appearance before you find out he's a vampire.

36398522484_76bef3059f_c.jpg

Oh, and you might say that vampires had a gross undead appearance before ESO, so I'd also like you to meet Serana from Skyrim. Pale skin, but most certainly NOT gross-looking or corpselike.

38610291264_51c6d840bf_o.jpg

Checkmate
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the flip side would you want someone in Werewolf form performing Werewolf attacks but appear like a normal character, just a character jumping and clawing? I didn't think so. That's what you're wanting for Vampire, to use all the abilities with none of the physical transformation.
    1. Werewolf transform is an active state. Vampirism is passive. Also, if a vampire uses an active vampire ability, there is no hiding that.
    2. You already can hide vampirism. Wear armor or a costume that covers you from head to toe. Or use any of the many skins available. Amber Plasm is the closest we have right now to a "normal" skin for vampires. Or use a polymorph.

Pretty much everyone in endgame PvE is a vampire. Yet you virtually never see the pasty skin. We've got all the various PvE achievement skins on instead. But after a while, you get sick of seeing the yellow Amber splotches or the blue Dro-m'Athra eyes, and you just want to see your character as you had created them.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another my vampire is as ugly as duck. I want all the benefits plus looking like Robert Pattison thread.
    aliyavana wrote: »
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I'd like you to meet Count Verandis, who has a normal elven appearance before you find out he's a vampire.

36398522484_76bef3059f_c.jpg

Oh, and you might say that vampires had a gross undead appearance before ESO, so I'd also like you to meet Serana from Skyrim. Pale skin, but most certainly NOT gross-looking or corpselike.

38610291264_51c6d840bf_o.jpg

Checkmate

Nah I wanna look at serena
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others
    How about stop being a vampire, since everyone is so butthurt about what it looks like? It's not like you're forced into it.

XBox NA
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about stop being a vampire, since everyone is so butthurt about what it looks like? It's not like you're forced into it.

Extra stats
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I won't pay for a normal skin
    You always could pay
    A priest of Arkay

To cleanse it away
    But too many people say

That's not okay
    I want it my way
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes, but with the caveat that it be in game gold that I spend.

Bram Stoker's Dracula the female vampires were "beautiful to the point of hypnotic".

The Vampyre in 1819 were "young, seductive, sexual and alluring"

And we have this: In northern Valenwood, there are the Bonsamu vampires who are indistinguishable from normal Bosmer unless seen by candlelight.

So no reason vampires can't look "normal" in the game.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You always could pay
    A priest of Arkay

To cleanse it away
    But too many people say

That's not okay
    I want it my way

Yep, your way being forcing people to look ugly for your rp, when canon rp says vamparism can be hidden
    Edited by Aliyavana on December 26, 2017 10:48PM
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others
    You always could pay
    A priest of Arkay

To cleanse it away
    But too many people say

That's not okay
    I want it my way

Yep, your way being forcing people to look ugly for your rp

Since it's rp, couldn't you just . . . pretend . . . to be a vampire?

XBox NA
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to add above, at the very least let Vampires have decent looking tattoos.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You always could pay
    A priest of Arkay

To cleanse it away
    But too many people say

That's not okay
    I want it my way

yes, that's why... I want to be a vampire but a vampire would disguise their appearance so that no one will suspect them!!!! say that slowly so you can understand
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add it to the CS, it should cost as much as the bites and be character bound.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others
    You always could pay
    A priest of Arkay

To cleanse it away
    But too many people say

That's not okay
    I want it my way

yes, that's why... I want to be a vampire but a vampire would disguise their appearance so that no one will suspect them!!!! say that slowly so you can understand

Is part of your rp being oblivious to sarcasm? You're nailing it.

XBox NA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others
    Race change to an Khajiit with white fur :)
    Wear an protective outfit including full helmet to avoid sunburn.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    You made your choice, now live with it.

Is that some sort of undead pun?
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You always could pay
    A priest of Arkay

To cleanse it away
    But too many people say

That's not okay
    I want it my way

Drummerx04 wrote: »
    badmojo wrote: »
    You made your choice, now live with it.

Is that some sort of undead pun?

LOL
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    If they add it to the CS, it should cost as much as the bites and be character bound.

I wouldn't mind
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You always could pay
    A priest of Arkay

To cleanse it away
    But too many people say

That's not okay
    I want it my way

Is part of your rp being oblivious to sarcasm? You're nailing it.

You cant hear tone of voice in text chat
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALL main NPC vampires look normal except for their eyes. In previous games, including Skyrim, there was no hideous appearance - in fact, they often blended right in with the local populas and were the subject of quests to "find the vampire'".
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Serana is a very special vampire, so comparing her to us lowlives is unrealistic as hell and anyone who's a fan of vampires know this, they're just using it as a excuse.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so interesting when people bring out the "you made your bed now lie in it" argument. It's one of the most annoying things someone can say, like they actually derive pleasure from another person's displeasure, and in this case it's an unknown person playing a vampire character who would like their character to look better -- as if that's some capitol crime. Vampires from Stoker to Rice (and apparently in Elder Scrolls lore as well) have been beautiful or at least not disgusting. Those of us who play vampire characters are not being unreasonable for wanting an option out of the ugly.
    Edited by Ostacia on December 27, 2017 1:15AM
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate how people are like "you made the choice of being vamp so you gotta live with the ugly looks". Like, it's such a stupid argument. Positives: sustain. Negatives: hugely increased fire damage taken and decreased health recovery. That's enough negatives to positives; we don't need to bring aesthetics into this matter.

Here's the thing: being a vampire in end-game PvE is pretty much a must due to that 10% stamina and magicka recovery being really useful in trials. If I am not a vampire, I'll have a much harder time sustaining my resources.

And you're telling me that it's a choice? A choice for what? Between looking good and being able to sustain a rotation? One's aesthetic and the other's an important stat boost. You can't convince me that being a vampire is not objectively better for end-game PvE content, and you can't tell me that my "choice" to remain viable in raids automatically means that I lose the right to look good while doing it.

I also hate when the game plays to lore and people want to change the lore just because they don't like it.

I really don't see the big deal unless this is a male playing a female character and then his beautiful toon turned ugly. Want to play ESO, then play ESO because in most cases it's right down to the lore in most cases and in The Elder Scrolls, vampires were never beautiful.

Want beautiful vampires there is always Twilight. :P

*edit*

And before anyone mentions Serena, she had to be beautiful for most males to keep playing because if she was ugly nobody would want her hanging around. So she is the exception than the rule. :)
    Edited by Davor on December 27, 2017 1:50AM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I like tattoos and enjoy using things I paid for... also, why not just add it as an optional passive like unnatural resistance or something? That way we have to spend a skill point, its not a toggle and it remains optional?
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on December 27, 2017 1:51AM
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Serena is the exception to the rule, show us the rule.
    PC/ NA