Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you pay for a normal skin?

Furcula
Furcula
✭✭✭
With vampirism making the time you put into character selection completely useless, would you pay for a normal skin? I'm tired of using amber plasm all the time.
Edited by Furcula on December 26, 2017 5:10PM

Would you pay for a normal skin? 274 votes

Yes, I would pay for a normal skin
29%
SigtricopajFlynchNifty2gJacozillawsmith97ub17_ESOElijah_CrowBlazedontstarkerealmwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOle_spyIdinuseAnnalysebottleofsyrupookami007Ghanima_AtreidespreeviouscopitoAmourQUEZ420 81 votes
No, I won't pay for a normal skin
13%
Belegnoledeepseamk20b14_ESOAzuryaixieChuckyPayneCustos91Taleof2CitiesVeoCh4mpTWredspecter23VDoom1CinbriYagornFinneganFrothHetairaO_LYKOSpod88kkBananaDankstaElitius 37 votes
I want a normal skin but it should be free
20%
PinesyGrymmoireXundiinMadyHrogunValveAlienSlofstatic_rechargeskoomatraitMalmairosendoichinoveb17_ESOIts_Alexisfalcasternub18_ESOHatchetHaroAlisyraGTech_1LinaleahNyghthowlerEvergnarFlaminir 56 votes
You should not be able to hide your vampirism
31%
Oakmontowls_ESOAcrolasArobainNemesis7884GaldorPVampsLadyAstrumJD2013VriendaSaturnSheezabeastDelgentAjaxandrielEddybleHurbsterSkoomahSpacemonkeyNeKryXeleeuxNetViperX 86 votes
Others
5%
GilvothTryxuszariaNerouynShad0wfire99PalidonHamfastsrfrogg23notimetocareDojohodaEvilCrocOlupajmibananCuthceolColecovision 14 votes
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they charged I wouldn't be upset by it, but there is no way I would personally pay for my normal skin.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only two reasons I say no are 1) you can get in game costumes/disguises that are free that will hide them and 2) im cheap . But that’s just me.
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• Isildurrr
    Isildurrr
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I would, like 200 crowns max, 400, never.
    www.isildurrr.com
    www.twitch.tv/isildurrr_
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Others
    ZO$ should stop being lazy and add vamp appearance to character creation screen
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You made your choice, now live with it.
    [DC/NA]
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of us would
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampirism has mad me white as a snowflake so I'm going to vote like one . :trollface:
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think it should be free.
    i have no problems with the white skin as a human, because there is not much of a choice to begin with. but as a argonian or khajit, the forced white scales and fur is a bit too much.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with the way my vampires look. They are undead........they are supposed to look undead. JMO
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not a skin for vampires? I mean... with blood in hands and mouth??? You know... some vampires are careless... :D
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like my pasty white skin. 4 of my 13 characters are vamps and I like them the way they are. I made a couple vamps specifically for the appearance. I'm probably in the minority with this but I hope they never change.

That being said, even though I buy offered skins for their appearance on non vamps, I do hope they fix the issues of skins not appearing right on vamps in the store preview screens. its deceptive for those who like the skin under vamp skin appearance when it will actually go on top completely blocking the vamp appearance.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eyes should remain red. Otherwise, no to this. Vampirism is not a Mundus Stone.
  • Yagorn
    Yagorn
    ✭✭
    Does evry cosmetic thing needs to be charged a price now ? Why not turn it into a feauture for the Skill itself ?

Seriously people there is a limit to how much you should be willing to accept this sort of pratice...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others
    we should be able to do what ever want to with our skin.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “No” to players wanting all the privileges of being a vampire without the appearance that’s been well-established in Elder Scrolls lore ... which by the way is a cosmetic issue only.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I would pay crowns for a "hide vampirism" option.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “No” to players wanting all the privileges of being a vampire without the appearance that’s been well-established in Elder Scrolls lore ... which by the way is a cosmetic issue only.

There are plenty of examples of vampires hiding their appearance in TES games (including this one).

Also, gameplay privileges should have gameplay drawbacks only.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 26, 2017 7:22PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    should have been an "item" added with the questline, or a toggle under the skill, or added with the new VAMPIRE DLC (LOL!).
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO it should be a setting simlar to how "hide helmet" works rather than a skin.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if you don't like the look you can always get cured. I mean, you take the positives with the negatives. Don't become a vampire if you don't like the look of change. Simple as that. Want the benefits, accept the consequences. Don't want the consequences, don't accept the benefits.

Really simple.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate how people are like "you made the choice of being vamp so you gotta live with the ugly looks". Like, it's such a stupid argument. Positives: sustain. Negatives: hugely increased fire damage taken and decreased health recovery. That's enough negatives to positives; we don't need to bring aesthetics into this matter.

Here's the thing: being a vampire in end-game PvE is pretty much a must due to that 10% stamina and magicka recovery being really useful in trials. If I am not a vampire, I'll have a much harder time sustaining my resources.

And you're telling me that it's a choice? A choice for what? Between looking good and being able to sustain a rotation? One's aesthetic and the other's an important stat boost. You can't convince me that being a vampire is not objectively better for end-game PvE content, and you can't tell me that my "choice" to remain viable in raids automatically means that I lose the right to look good while doing it.
    Edited by HatchetHaro on December 26, 2017 8:03PM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others
    Furcula wrote: »
    With vampirism making the time you put into character selection completely useless...

I gave a character on the PTS vampirism, edited their appearance to my liking, then came back to live. Made it. Got him bitten. Am super happy with his appearance. He looks amazeballs.

Not that I'm totally unsympathetic. Before I knew about the PTS I had a hell of a time even making non-vamp characters I liked the look of. The disparity between appearance in the creator and out in the world can be huge.

But vampires having hideous appearance is how it is in TES. There shouldn't be a "hide" button.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HELL NO max Vampirism is freaking Edgy !!!!

Also females with max vampirism are HOT !!!

ALSO hell no i wont gonna pay to get the skin back i allready freaking created lol

all it needs is a toggle option in the options menu turn Vampire skin on and off

BAM prob fixed... everyone is happy...
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't pay for it but I don't see why it can't be an option. Some people only use vampirism for the passives not necessarily because they want to be a vampire, they should be able to hide the vampirism skin imo, at least at a cost
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    But vampires having hideous appearance is how it is in TES. There shouldn't be a "hide" button.

This get's thrown around a lot, but it's not true. There are plenty of NPCs in TES games that hide their vampirisim (including one in this game).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 26, 2017 8:16PM
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampirism is a life choice you make for your character.

It is not clothing, it is a lifestyle. (Or maybe an un-lifestyle.)
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But I already get the benefits of being a vampire without the appearance.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t use vampire for the same reason I don’t use werewolf, they both look god aweful. The same goes for all of the skins released so far, I love the way my charecter looks and I’ve no problem with ZOS making money that way. After all you can already hide your affliction so it’s not exactly game changing
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like you to meet Count Verandis, who has a normal elven appearance before you find out he's a vampire.

36398522484_76bef3059f_c.jpg

Oh, and you might say that vampires had a gross undead appearance before ESO, so I'd also like you to meet Serana from Skyrim. Pale skin, but most certainly NOT gross-looking or corpselike.

38610291264_51c6d840bf_o.jpg

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I'd like you to meet Count Verandis, who has a normal elven appearance before you find out he's a vampire.

36398522484_76bef3059f_c.jpg

Oh, and you might say that vampires had a gross undead appearance before ESO, so I'd also like you to meet Serana from Skyrim. Pale skin, but most certainly NOT gross-looking or corpselike.

38610291264_51c6d840bf_o.jpg

Dam me, that sums it up doesn’t it :D

I’d love a vampire in eso that looks like serana
    Edited by Integral1900 on December 26, 2017 8:53PM