Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you pay for a normal skin?

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not be able to hide your vampirism
    IMO is really busted that the game *forces* magicka chars to be vamp or bust... this game is so nonsensical.

I, for one, I would never make my chars vampires, and I deal the consequences of that having less regen and not having a easy escape in PvP.

Now you tell me that you want to hide one of the balancing aspects of the vampirism, just because you don't like the looks? Well, in that case, I'd want for ZOS to provide a benefit to being pure human.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a normal skin but it should be free
    Davor wrote: »
    I hate how people are like "you made the choice of being vamp so you gotta live with the ugly looks". Like, it's such a stupid argument. Positives: sustain. Negatives: hugely increased fire damage taken and decreased health recovery. That's enough negatives to positives; we don't need to bring aesthetics into this matter.

Here's the thing: being a vampire in end-game PvE is pretty much a must due to that 10% stamina and magicka recovery being really useful in trials. If I am not a vampire, I'll have a much harder time sustaining my resources.

And you're telling me that it's a choice? A choice for what? Between looking good and being able to sustain a rotation? One's aesthetic and the other's an important stat boost. You can't convince me that being a vampire is not objectively better for end-game PvE content, and you can't tell me that my "choice" to remain viable in raids automatically means that I lose the right to look good while doing it.

I also hate when the game plays to lore and people want to change the lore just because they don't like it.

I really don't see the big deal unless this is a male playing a female character and then his beautiful toon turned ugly. Want to play ESO, then play ESO because in most cases it's right down to the lore in most cases and in The Elder Scrolls, vampires were never beautiful.

Want beautiful vampires there is always Twilight. :P

*edit*

And before anyone mentions Serena, she had to be beautiful for most males to keep playing because if she was ugly nobody would want her hanging around. So she is the exception than the rule. :)

Oblivion2011-03-1417-40-36-52.png
    and
    latest?cb=20150306173501

The only thing you see is they have white skin, discolored eyes, and maybe sunken in cheeks. You see the same thing with someone suffering from eating disorders.

You don't need to be pretty, but no where in lore did you ever get veiny, tattoos or warpaint fade, or you didn't get a spell that allowed you to "mind trick" people into thinking you where normal.
    #SavePlayer1
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I would pay for a normal skin
    Davor wrote: »
    I hate how people are like "you made the choice of being vamp so you gotta live with the ugly looks". Like, it's such a stupid argument. Positives: sustain. Negatives: hugely increased fire damage taken and decreased health recovery. That's enough negatives to positives; we don't need to bring aesthetics into this matter.

Here's the thing: being a vampire in end-game PvE is pretty much a must due to that 10% stamina and magicka recovery being really useful in trials. If I am not a vampire, I'll have a much harder time sustaining my resources.

And you're telling me that it's a choice? A choice for what? Between looking good and being able to sustain a rotation? One's aesthetic and the other's an important stat boost. You can't convince me that being a vampire is not objectively better for end-game PvE content, and you can't tell me that my "choice" to remain viable in raids automatically means that I lose the right to look good while doing it.

I also hate when the game plays to lore and people want to change the lore just because they don't like it.

I really don't see the big deal unless this is a male playing a female character and then his beautiful toon turned ugly. Want to play ESO, then play ESO because in most cases it's right down to the lore in most cases and in The Elder Scrolls, vampires were never beautiful.

Want beautiful vampires there is always Twilight. :P

*edit*

And before anyone mentions Serena, she had to be beautiful for most males to keep playing because if she was ugly nobody would want her hanging around. So she is the exception than the rule. :)

You are nitpicking when lore supports vampires being hidden and even in-game dialogue saus vampires hide among the living. Don't you dare use lore as a justification when there is plenty of lore supporting a disguise
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Others
    Personally, while I like the idea of a quest line that would grant the skin, if you want the looks then do the quest, my real preference would be to change the progression of the vampirism so that if the player is at stage 1, they get their old skin tones (like the NPC) as we (My main is a Vamp) get into stage 2, 3 and 4 we should degenerate through the pale look into (At stage 4) a truly hideous visage.

While Vampirism is normally an affliction that requires death, but in ESO, vampirism can be cured. Standard vampire lore has it the only way to "Cure" a vampire is a wooden stake through the heart, and remove the head... then leave both parts out where the sun can finish the process. People bitten by a vampire that live do not turn until after they have died (some stories require drinking the blood of the vampire if they are to return as a full fledged vampire, otherwise they are more mindless spawn)
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can:
    • Wear Heavy Armor.... but apply a Robe costume to hide it
    • Wear skins to outright hide our Vampirism/skin
    • Wear a polymorph that entirely changes our appearance, including becoming a Werewolf Lord as a Vampire....
    • Wear certain costumes/appearance options that hide Vampirism outright
    • Have our helmet entirely disappear despite us wearing it

There’s legit no valid argument against being able to hide Vampirism. You can already do it along with others options that are far more “immersion-breaking”. Some people say you have to live with the consequences (appearance) yet you can hide your helmet already.... what happened to living with the consequences (appearance) of wearing a helmet?

You can also choose *not* to hide Vampirism. It’d be an option. Options = everyone wins

Whatever though. It legit makes no sense that we can’t do this when I can turn my Mag Sorc wearing robes into a metal person wearing the Emperor’s Regalia..... but hiding Vampirism is immersion-breaking huh :lol:
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    We can:
    • Wear a polymorph that entirely changes our appearance, including becoming a Werewolf Lord as a Vampire....

There’s legit no valid argument against being able to hide Vampirism. You can already do it along with others options that are far more “immersion-breaking”. Some people say you have to live with the consequences (appearance) yet you can hide your helmet already.... what happened to living with the consequences (appearance) of wearing a helmet?

You can also choose *not* to hide Vampirism. It’d be an option. Options = everyone wins

Whatever though. It legit makes no sense that we can’t do this when I can turn my Mag Sorc wearing robes into a metal person wearing the Emperor’s Regalia..... but hiding Vampirism is immersion-breaking huh :lol:

Exactly, these people want to force their false rp into actually justifiable rp
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    It should definitely be free.
    PC EU
    Healer
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter to me one way or another, but I always get entertained by the people who reply to these threads offended by the suggestion.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter to me one way or another, but I always get entertained by the people who reply to these threads offended by the suggestion.

IKR! OMG vampires would totally look like monsters in public! mah non canocal IMMERSIONS! cough illusion magic, couch count verandis, cough get over it
    Edited by Aliyavana on December 27, 2017 5:11AM
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the player character doesn't know illusion magic, only destruction and restoration.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “No” to players wanting all the privileges of being a vampire without the appearance that’s been well-established in Elder Scrolls lore ... which by the way is a cosmetic issue only.

So, this would be a bad time to remind you that there are vampires in lore who can hide their appearance? Including in The Elder Scrolls Online?
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so interesting when people bring out the "you made your bed now lie in it" argument. It's one of the most annoying things someone can say, like they actually derive pleasure from another person's displeasure, and in this case it's an unknown person playing a vampire character who would like their character to look better -- as if that's some capitol crime.

Actually it's simpler than that. And you pointlessly attach more meaning to it than there is. Yes, it s your choice. You choose the stage 4 (starvation) you will look like a starving vamp. Period.
    Vampires from Stoker to Rice (and apparently in Elder Scrolls lore as well) have been beautiful or at least not disgusting. Those of us who play vampire characters are not being unreasonable for wanting an option out of the ugly.

You, obviously, have not read those passages (from Stoker or) ANNE RICE where Lestat describes himself what he looks like when he's starving or when he just woke up from almost two hundreds years sleep..He looks even worse than ESO vamps stage 4. Only Twilight vamps look pwwwetty all the time.

I doubt when you see vamps in Skyrim or in ESO lore they present themselves to you in stage 4 ... Think
    So, yes, it's your choice.. live with it...

I think everyone should be glad they don't look like goddamned Nosferatu..

Edited by duendology on December 27, 2017 8:44AM
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the flip side would you want someone in Werewolf form performing Werewolf attacks but appear like a normal character, just a character jumping and clawing? I didn't think so. That's what you're wanting for Vampire, to use all the abilities with none of the physical transformation.

People don't use vampire skills. They become vampires for the regen passive.

Make it so you are a vampire/werewolf only if you have an active vampire/werewolf skill on your skill bar.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 27, 2017 9:07AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    IMO is really busted that the game *forces* magicka chars to be vamp or bust... this game is so nonsensical.

I, for one, I would never make my chars vampires, and I deal the consequences of that having less regen and not having a easy escape in PvP.

Now you tell me that you want to hide one of the balancing aspects of the vampirism, just because you don't like the looks? Well, in that case, I'd want for ZOS to provide a benefit to being pure human.

It's not a balancing aspect because it has nothing to do with gameplay. You can't balance appearance.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 27, 2017 9:08AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    Only Twilight vamps look pwwwetty all the time.

I doubt when you see vamps in Skyrim or in ESO lore they present themselves to you in stage 4 ... Think
    So, yes, it's your choice.. live with it...

From the very first page...

36398522484_76bef3059f_c.jpg

38610291264_51c6d840bf_o.jpg

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about stop being a vampire, since everyone is so butthurt about what it looks like? It's not like you're forced into it.

You kind of are. The resource regen buff is mandatory for PvE endgame.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    We can:

/thread

The only reason people don't want an option to hide vampirism is because they're jaded and don't want others to have fun.

The best part is that the ability to hide vampirism is 100% in the lore (NPCs in this game even have the ability to do it). There is absolutely no argument to be made against it. But even if it wasn't lore-appropriate, that isn't an argument either because of all the other immersion-breaking items you listed.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe just throw it into doc and have us keep eyes or something?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so interesting when people bring out the "you made your bed now lie in it" argument. It's one of the most annoying things someone can say, like they actually derive pleasure from another person's displeasure, and in this case it's an unknown person playing a vampire character who would like their character to look better -- as if that's some capitol crime.
    I know, right? It doesn't affect them AT ALL, and yet they want to dictate how other people should be allowed to enjoy their game. It doesn't imbalance PvP, it doesn't create bots, it doesn't cause items to spontaneously disappear from their inventories, it doesn't destroy the in-game economy. It wouldn't do a dang thing except make some people happy, but God forbid, we can't have that now, can we.
    The biggest irony is that if the game had originally launched with an option to hide vampirism, they wouldn't be saying a dang thing. I think they just can't stand change.

I wouldn't really want vampirism hidden completely for myself, so much as just the look toned down a bit, but if people want to hide it completely, I'm fine with letting people play the way they want to.

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I won't pay for a normal skin
    no RL money for cosmetics ingame.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And more NPCs should be afraid of you, merchants charge more and so on.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should we really have to pay for merely our normal skin?

This isn't something you pay for people.... it should be a toggle and it should be free. Vampire looks like ass
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I won't pay for a normal skin
    Actually not sure about this. Vampirism should be visible, but if it stays true to Elder Scrolls lore perhaps take it down a notch. Match it to previous games. Skyrim vampires looked pretty cool, Oblivion...not to much. xD So maybe make it a bit less visible. However, I would not want to pay for it.

So perhaps an update to vampire appearances, and make the changes free.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From the very first page...

36398522484_76bef3059f_c.jpg

38610291264_51c6d840bf_o.jpg

Hmm not sure what your point is?
    How do you know exactly it is a stage 4 or not? Did they tell you? LOL

This whining about vamp skin and appearance is just lame... it really is. duh

PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..

• duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I know, right? It doesn't affect them AT ALL, and yet they want to dictate how other people should be allowed to enjoy their game. It doesn't imbalance PvP, it doesn't create bots, it doesn't cause items to spontaneously disappear from their inventories, it doesn't destroy the in-game economy. It wouldn't do a dang thing except make some people happy, but God forbid, we can't have that now, can we.
    The biggest irony is that if the game had originally launched with an option to hide vampirism, they wouldn't be saying a dang thing. I think they just can't stand change.

I wouldn't really want vampirism hidden completely for myself, so much as just the look toned down a bit, but if people want to hide it completely, I'm fine with letting people play the way they want to.

Wow, you're so dramatic now. You're whining about vamp appearance ...how about I'll start whining about how damned disadvantaged werewolves are in comparison to vamps, huh? I can't, and many other wolves, play it the way we want it and enjoy it.. You can enjoy passives all the time.. while werewolves can only when they're in werewolf form and have active ability slotted. Forgive me if I laugh at your genuine pain considering vamp ugly appearance..
    Aww vampires are so "speciul"...
    Ha Ha Ha and more Ha Ha Ha.
    o_0
    Edited by duendology on December 27, 2017 10:58AM
    PC/NA
    And..

• Zimbugga
    Zimbugga
    ✭✭✭
    How many time it must tell to you? Vampires are pale.... If you don't like it then don't be a vampire, simple. You can be strong without vampirism.
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others
    How about stop being a vampire, since everyone is so butthurt about what it looks like? It's not like you're forced into it.

You kind of are. The resource regen buff is mandatory for PvE endgame.

No, it actually isn't. The extra regen is barely noticeable, if at all. Unless you're pushing leaderboard scores, which doesn't really fall into the realm of rp, it's a far cry from mandatory.
    Edited by Shad0wfire99 on December 27, 2017 11:57AM

XBox NA
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others
    This get's thrown around a lot, but it's not true. There are plenty of NPCs in TES games that hide their vampirisim (including one in this game).

Who are these plenty?

As I recall from Morrowind the only method by which you could hide vampirism was the Masque of Clavicus Vile, i.e. covering your entire face.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the player character doesn't know illusion magic, only destruction and restoration.

Polymorphs
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zimbugga wrote: »
    How many time it must tell to you? Vampires are pale.... If you don't like it then don't be a vampire, simple. You can be strong without vampirism.

Lore