Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

A Huge Molag Bal Bug

TheValar85
TheValar85
✭✭✭✭✭
I decided to finish the story line quests with my alt toon, and i have faced a very huge bug.
Molag Bal is no longer grabing the players toon, and the epic fighting sceen with using the amulet to desintegrate his body is not starting either.
The Character is just stands in the air not doing anything just standing there, no animations are playing, molag bal is just stands theer as well,

the game pops up the using of the sacrifice but nothing visible is happening, after standing in air with a few secodns durring the sacrifice used, molag bals body became gone, not in that way who it should be it simply wanishes in thin air, like some one cuted out of the game.

Durring the fight with him when he finaly landing in his litle form, the fight became bugy as well. hes fire skills are not damaging at all. stun animations wich effects the players are not stuns at all, and nor even the disoriented animation is playing.
not to mention when he pulles up me from teh land at the begining the fps is tweeks down form 60-to 9. Thats a lot fps drops!

I dont know its a script issues or something engine stuff went wrong but this bug needs to be fixed immediately.
It ruined the whole fight including of its epicness.
My stream viewers are laughed at this and called out the game in very bad names. Wich is made me think it was so sad and it did hurt me to see so much hatered for the developers in coments.
I am going to upload the video to this thread to provide a footage to the developers can investigate and fix this issues.
I will editing this thread when my video rendering and uploading will be done.

I keep in touch with you ZOS.

Edit: Here is the video link i am sorry about the quality youtube is stupid i have the actual footage in HD i have no idea why the video quality became so bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTLPlgT-bwY
Edited by TheValar85 on December 12, 2017 10:44PM
GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hearing more and more about this.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hearing more and more about this.

So it is not a seprated issues.
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm this happened to me on PC EU last weekend just gone when I finished it on a second character. Totally anticlimactic.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My last warden argonian couldn't even get to that part of the fight, the rock bridge you're supposed to be able to form didn't have a prompt to form the bridge. I submitted bug reports, posted on forums, and waited and waited but no one ever replied. Must have restarted the whole quest about 9 or 10x.. So I deleted the character and made a new one.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/362838/the-main-storyline-has-been-broken-since-morrowind-release
    love is love
  • KittehWinks
    KittehWinks
    ✭✭
    This happened to me this past weekend. I did see a brief interaction pop up, but just like using synergies, it was gone before I could do anything. I just stood in the air until I levitated to the ground.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this happened to me on PC EU last weekend just gone when I finished it on a second character. Totally anticlimactic.

Yes i had the same issues in Pc/EU
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember the naked jumps off the pillar to your death to try and light the brazier and open the gate? There were posts on where exactly to stand and which direction you had to jump and press "E" to light it before you died. Good times...

I haven't done this part of the quest in a long time, but it actually doesn't surprise me that it is bugged. I've considered doing it again just for fun, but I will wait until they fix it now.

Playing since beta...
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the naked jumps off the pillar to your death to try and light the brazier and open the gate? There were posts on where exactly to stand and which direction you had to jump and press "E" to light it before you died. Good times...

I haven't done this part of the quest in a long time, but it actually doesn't surprise me that it is bugged. I've considered doing it again just for fun, but I will wait until they fix it now.

tahts a wise decision
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I had this happen to me earlier this week while leveling an alt. I was taking zero damage from any of his abilities and the intro to the fight was all kinds of bugged out. You still finish the quest, so it doesn't really effect anything.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have edited the post and linked the video footage quality is bad due to youtube is stupid while the original footage was actualy HD and also 50+Gigs :D no idea what went wrong with youtube
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Yeah, I had this happen to me earlier this week while leveling an alt. I was taking zero damage from any of his abilities and the intro to the fight was all kinds of bugged out. You still finish the quest, so it doesn't really effect anything.

It does to me because i wanted to record this fight with every aspects, but its basicly messed up.
    I requesting a GM to put me back to that quest PC/EU @TheValar85 Character name can be monitored back wich was the toon that i have finished the storyline in last time.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm yet to confirm or deny this, but @ZOS_GinaBruno this is quite serious issue. It's the main game quest after all!
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is realy fustrating to be honest it is the best fighting sceen in the whole storyline.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just writing something so I can find this thread in the future. The bug sucks, but watching the video still gave me the feels (it must be at least 2 years since I played that bit, and it is/should be completely epic; full of tension, achievement and fore-shadowing) so I will want to watch it again. Thanks for recording it and posting it.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    I'm just writing something so I can find this thread in the future. The bug sucks, but watching the video still gave me the feels (it must be at least 2 years since I played that bit, and it is/should be completely epic; full of tension, achievement and fore-shadowing) so I will want to watch it again. Thanks for recording it and posting it.

You are welcome. I know right? this fight is so epic i even wanted to edit the video to put some epic fighting music below it (TES V music) But it faild at the time when i saw Molag Bal and the rest of the bugs just came up to the surface.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheValar85 : Thank-you for posting the video. Personally, I've always chosen The Prophet for the sacrifice, because I don't want to deprive Sai Sahan and Lily Titanborn of one another's companionship. :wink: So I've always wondered what would happen afterward if I chose one of them instead.

Aside from the evident flaws, at least your character could complete the quest. If I recall correctly, then I have read reports in the past that some player characters could not complete it because of flaws in the software, including the game client crashing.

Both of my two Sorcerer characters finished the Main Quest. For each one, the encounter with Molag Bal was different, not only from what your video shows, but also different from one another. So each fight has been "unique". Perhaps, in some respects, that should or could be acceptable, but what we've seen on your video most definitely is simply and obviously wrong.

@ZOS_Wrobel : The one thing common in my respective experiences has been similar to that of the character in the video, namely, when Molag Bal seizes the character in one hand and lifts the Vestige into the air as if to examine the character. The outcome of that event is unpredictable, as is the outcome of returning the Vestige to the ground to fight Molag Bal in his actual embodiment.

Unlike in the video, Molag Bal's attacks definintely reduced the Health of my characters. One was killed during the first fight and, after resurrection, resumed from the point at which he is on the ground where Molag Bal appears to begin the fight.

It would not surprise me if the ZOS development team has received numerous player complaints about the way that the fight played-out in their respective experiences. Perhaps the team adopted the expedient of making Molag Bal's attacks ineffective, instead of rectifying the fundamental issues with the design and implementation of the apex of the Main Quest. If that is so, then it seems to me, personally, that ZOS would rather have the core experience of the Main Quest become a charade, a mockery, than enable the players to enjoy a well-earned and satisfying experience. So what else is new?

Edited by Shadowshire on December 14, 2017 2:45AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheValar85 : Thank-you for posting the video. Personally, I've always chosen The Prophet for the sacrifice, because I don't want to deprive Sai Sahan and Lily Titanborn of one another's companionship. :wink: So I've always wondered what would happen afterward if I chose one of them instead.

Aside from the evident flaws, at least your character could complete the quest. If I recall correctly, then I have read reports in the past that some player characters could not complete it because of flaws in the software, including the game client crashing.

Both of my two Sorcerer characters finished the Main Quest. For each one, the encounter with Molag Bal was different, not only from what your video shows, but also different from one another. So each fight has been "unique". Perhaps, in some respects, that should or could be acceptable, but what we've seen on your video most definitely is simply and obviously wrong.

@ZOS_Wrobel : The one thing common in my respective experiences has been similar to that of the character in the video, namely, when Molag Bal seizes the character in one hand and lifts the Vestige into the air as if to examine the character. The outcome of that event is unpredictable, as is the outcome of returning the Vestige to the ground to fight Molag Bal in his actual embodiment.

Unlike in the video, Molag Bal's attacks definintely reduced the Health of my characters. One was killed during the first fight and, after resurrection, resumed from the point at which he is on the ground where Molag Bal appears to begin the fight.

It would not surprise me if the ZOS development team has received numerous player complaints about the way that the fight played-out in their respective experiences. Perhaps the team adopted the expedient of making Molag Bal's attacks ineffective, instead of rectifying the fundamental issues with the design and implementation of the apex of the Main Quest. If that is so, then it seems to me, personally, that ZOS would rather have the core experience of the Main Quest become a charade, a mockery, than enable the players to enjoy a well-earned and satisfying experience. So what else is new?

well thats a good question in the end of your comment. I would gladly help the developers who would fixing this encounter to test the whole fight with one of my character or with this one in the video.Ofc volunteraly, while constantly feedbakcing to the in game master who could monitorize me through the whole event.
    I love the main quests last battle, and would realy love to help ZOS to fix this issues.
    even if i am just testing their work in progress with the Molag Bal fight fixing.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ That could be true.

It makes me sad, but a lot of casual players with zero experience or initiative to master the game are quite vocal and think they have the right to moan, change or request something just because they paid for the game. If there was many of them complaining, I wouldn't be surprised if ZOS changed the main quest fight on purpose to suit those ignorant casuals.

Still I'd like to hear an official explanation - is this functioning as intended or is a bug? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    ^ That could be true.

It makes me sad, but a lot of casual players with zero experience or initiative to master the game are quite vocal and think they have the right to moan, change or request something just because they paid for the game. If there was many of them complaining, I wouldn't be surprised if ZOS changed the main quest fight on purpose to suit those ignorant casuals.

Still I'd like to hear an official explanation - is this functioning as intended or is a bug? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Acording to my knowledge as an ex game developer (i have worked in this field for 10 years) At the first look at this issues it is looks like a scripting issue with the npc and player interreaction behavoiur. The script probably bugged because of several resons, wich should be investigated. Like what went wrong in the coding after the game recieved several updates, like new expansions and so on. It could take some time to finde the issues in the codings, but it actualy wont take longer then a few weeks. (one or twoo, if they have the capacity to look into it fast)

These events highly unsual intended form the developers. So i have to dminish that theory.
    Some sripts from server side probably conflicted by the fight script and coused this issues, i cant explain in more details because i dont have acces for the server side stored scripts. (I dont want that privilage anyway)
    It is definetly a coding issue. Or it could be also coused a delay between script reaction with the client wich could be also a serversided delay issues wich can couse the bugs.

In development protocol first they have to look the footage, and look up the scripts on their server blades, then they also have to investigate the client side effects. It takes some times. but it is not takes months or weeks. usaly if the developers recieves the footage, they are also make contact with game Masters (if they need ofc) to chek back the monitorized event from teh actual player, and then they began to look into the codes, teh scripts, and npc scripts, and so on.

Durring when i have worked several projects like this game type (yes mmo's) with a team behind we were able to fix the whole issues with in 2 days. But ofc that meant everybody in the developer office worked on this matter.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any feedback from this issues from ZOS?
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of bugs with the entire end of the quest chain. You do get some funny stuff like this though;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTfTsyo2AJk
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of bugs with the entire end of the quest chain. You do get some funny stuff like this though;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTfTsyo2AJk

OMG This enopcunter is siriusly needs the fixing.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: I have wrote a message To Gina Bruno. I dont know if there is anything that i can do to make this fix happen. i would gladly help ZOS cooperativly even with free, as a palyer ofc.

Please feel free to post your video footages, including your megaserver and platforms too. thats helping their work alot.
    Edited by TheValar85 on December 16, 2017 12:56AM
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I experienced the bugged out God Of Schemes quest today. No Divine death ray animation (character just stands there in air in front of Molag Bal who just does his idle animation posing), no Molag Bal detonation (he just goes invisible) , no damage from any hostile NPCs (neither from Molag Bal or any of his underlings). A bit disapointing. Even though I've done it 22 times before.

PC EU
    Halcyon Black
  • rune476
    rune476
    ✭✭✭
    I completed the quest for the first time yesterday one PC EU

Experienced this bug and made the ending to the main really sour
    Im not your pal, beeko.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why there isn't any feedback from ZOS in this topic now. It is clearly a huge bug. I dont know what take so long to at least say a word like hello guys we have seen your fottages, and read your comments on this matter we are looking up this issues, further feedbacks are on their way or something like this, but it is dead silence...
    Edited by TheValar85 on December 17, 2017 10:12PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My platform: PC.
    I also had this bug when one of companions would follow me, date of screenshot is 9th of June 2017... :|

NimBLjg.jpg

No other bugs during that run; I also did another run on new alt in this September I think - was very lucky to not get any bugs that time it seems.

Now I don't want to start this quest on other alts, will watch the thread for updates :/
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    (video link deleted)
    Wow! I don't recall Lyris Titanborn destroying the gigantine Molag Bal after he grabs the Vestige. If I recall correctly, he simply released the Vestige from his grip so that Molag Bal can confront the Vestige in a "normal" battle on the ground.

Yes, there are some flaws evident in the course of that part of the encounter as it is recorded in your video. It also seems that some events which occurred during the course of the battle that I've seen in other videos (such as in the OP), and in my own experiences, are missing from your recording. Did you edit it to remove anything before Molag Bal loses his head?

With each of my two Sorcerers, the decapitation of Molag Bal was different, with the second Sorcerer doing it pretty much like it is shown in your video. Nonetheless, there was also some glitch that became evident while that ending transpired. At the time I thought that the game client had crashed after displaying some mangled output, but it continued after a pause. I didn't see that occur in your video.

On the face of it, it seems that the ZOS developers have continued to work on the God of Schemes quest.

For some time, there was a nefarious bug in the early part of the quest which @ztyhurstub17_ESO mentions in Reply #8 of this discussion. A form of that bug still existed when my first Sorcerer engaged in the quest, but ZOS fixed it quickly in the next weekly patch maintenance. So I could do as they had intended, and the first Sorcerer proceeded to complete the quest eventually.

Perhaps the ZOS developers have also changed the ending significantly, too -- if only because it can be rather difficult, as well as time-consuming, to identify the cause of any particular flaw in the software output. Sometimes the best resolution is to replace an existing part of a continuing series of events. That is, just to re-design the output and write new source code to implement it.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (video link deleted)
    Wow! I don't recall Lyris Titanborn destroying the gigantine Molag Bal after he grabs the Vestige. If I recall correctly, he simply released the Vestige from his grip so that Molag Bal can confront the Vestige in a "normal" battle on the ground.

Yes, there are some flaws evident in the course of that part of the encounter as it is recorded in your video. It also seems that some events which occurred during the course of the battle that I've seen in other videos (such as in the OP), and in my own experiences, are missing from your recording. Did you edit it to remove anything before Molag Bal loses his head?

With each of my two Sorcerers, the decapitation of Molag Bal was different, with the second Sorcerer doing it pretty much like it is shown in your video. Nonetheless, there was also some glitch that became evident while that ending transpired. At the time I thought that the game client had crashed after displaying some mangled output, but it continued after a pause. I didn't see that occur in your video.

On the face of it, it seems that the ZOS developers have continued to work on the God of Schemes quest.

For some time, there was a nefarious bug in the early part of the quest which @ztyhurstub17_ESO mentions in Reply #8 of this discussion. A form of that bug still existed when my first Sorcerer engaged in the quest, but ZOS fixed it quickly in the next weekly patch maintenance. So I could do as they had intended, and the first Sorcerer proceeded to complete the quest eventually.

Perhaps the ZOS developers have also changed the ending significantly, too -- if only because it can be rather difficult, as well as time-consuming, to identify the cause of any particular flaw in the software output. Sometimes the best resolution is to replace an existing part of a continuing series of events. That is, just to re-design the output and write new source code to implement it.

I dont know what do you mean about editing to remove anything before Molag Bal loses his head O.o It is a full legit footage of the whole sceen. I haven't done anything like that.

But still this issue must be fixed thats for sure. I was Able to finish this quest wiouth any bugs with my main sorcorer more the a year ago. How ever this bug definetly out of the place.
    Edited by TheValar85 on December 18, 2017 6:47AM
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also feel free to dumping on this thread, i dont want it to became gone, And nothing will be fixed.