Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

A Huge Molag Bal Bug

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I just finished my first final battle with Molag Bal and the biggest issue I faced was the lack of any animation during the time I was in his hands.
    He did just what your video showed - we appeared stuck and then I was ported back to the ground. No rays of light, no suffering, no his tearing to pieces. Nothing.

Then, of course, I had a god-mode. No amount of damage even scratched me. I could live with this though, lore wise, like I literally had the god power provided by that amulet. Even though, actual fighting and strategy would be better. I did feel like Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel during the banishing of Sauron from Hobit 3. :D

But, to repeat, the absolute biggest let down was the lack of any animation and theatrical effects of his tearing apart and shrinking.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I summon you on behalf of Meridia to restore the animations and bring back the cleansing light. (Also to look at why we have a god mode when fighting him.)
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »

Even though, actual fighting and strategy would be better. I did feel like Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel during the banishing of Sauron from Hobit 3. :D

@ZOS_GinaBruno I summon you on behalf of Meridia to restore the animations and bring back the cleansing light. (Also to look at why we have a god mode when fighting him.)

Hahahah :D Thats a good one :D we just kicked Saruons Arse XD

@ZOS_GinaBruno I summon you too on behalf of Great Akatosh Dragon God Of Time! Forgive Our Hubris! Have Mercy On Our Souls! Divines Of @ZOS(Tamirel) ! With this Vesel Of Your Power The Amulet Of Kings I Call Uppon Your Strenght Let This Noble Deed(Sacrifice) Be A Testament To Your(Our) Desire To Set Things Right And Restore Balance To The Mundus. Your Champions Stands Ready Accept This Offering And Imbue This Game (Vestige) With Your Glory Let The Bug (Will) Of Molag Bal Be Fixed(Denied)!

Edited by TheValar85 on December 19, 2017 1:01AM
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »

Even though, actual fighting and strategy would be better. I did feel like Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel during the banishing of Sauron from Hobit 3. :D

@ZOS_GinaBruno I summon you too on behalf of Great Akatosh Dragon God Of Time! Forgive Our Hubris! Have Mercy On Our Souls! Divines Of @ZOS(Tamirel) ! With this Vesel Of Your Power The Amulet Of Kings I Call Uppon Your Strenght Let This Noble Deed(Sacrifice) Be A Testament To Your(Our) Desire To Set Things Right And Restore Balance To The Mundus. Your Champions Stands Ready Accept This Offering And Imbue This Game (Vestige) With Your Glory Let The Bug (Will) Of Molag Bal Be Fixed(Denied)!
    LOL!! Ummm..... the reference to @ZOS(Tamirel) appears to be misspelled. But @ZOS_Tamriel doesn't exist either. :smiley:
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL!! Ummm..... the reference to @ZOS(Tamirel) appears to be misspelled. But @ZOS_Tamriel doesn't exist either. :smiley:

I know :D i made that up :D
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

I know :D i made that up :D
    Well, it is a fantasy role-playing game. :smiley:

It looks to me that it's likely everyone has taken a vacation until next year -- except the crew operating the servers and network(s).

@ZOS_GinaBruno : Happy New Life Festival!! ....

• TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah probably :) Happy Hollydays @ZOS_EveP @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA and last but not least @ZOS_TristanK :)
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for getting this fixed (didn't I tell you how much I loathe animation/audio/typo issues?) but I don't think that ringing ZOS personnel every day will get you closer... :wink:
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for getting this fixed (didn't I tell you how much I loathe animation/audio/typo issues?) but I don't think that ringing ZOS personnel every day will get you closer... :wink:

then what am i supose to do then?
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have surely seen this thread numerous times and just poking them by the same people every day would just annoy more than anything else.

The best thing we can do is to wait for next major update release (I doubt they will be fixing this in incremental patches).

Also be sure to file a bug report using /bug command within the game, if you already didn't. Your job is done. If this does not get fixed in the next major update, then well, we will make this thread active again and demand them to do it right. :)
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have already done the /bug thing thats why i keep this thread alive
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free dumping
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah probably :) Happy Hollydays @ZOS_EveP @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA and last but not least @ZOS_TristanK :)
    You forgot to convey Happy Holidays wishes to @ZOS_Wrobel .... allegedly one of "the developers".

• TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to convey Happy Holidays wishes to @ZOS_Wrobel .... allegedly one of "the developers".

hah i am sorry about that :d i dint know i can call uppon him XD
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just posting here to keep this thread up
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay so the ESO live is over and yet this issues dosent even had any atention from any of the @ZOS community managers? this is bug is huge too we are talking about teh game core story mod wich is bugged as hell, even in manimarcos souls wasnt taken in scanrcator ro what ever tha palce is name, hes soul just flyed up and begone from existance and i havent seen molag bals hand to reach him out trgough the Anchor portal. Why does these things keeps ignored? I saw tons of new content came out but this thread or even teh issues is not even addressed at anywhere? what is the point then to sending /bug report in game and on teh forum with video footages if we reciev 0 word?
    I am sorry but i am spending money on this game and this quality of treating issues like the main story core elemts bugs is dissapointing me in every aspect.
  • REdream90
    REdream90
    ✭✭
    Finished this quest week ago. Got the same problem with no animated Molag Bal.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    REdream90 wrote: »
    Finished this quest week ago. Got the same problem with no animated Molag Bal.

well it seems the experianced numbers are growing from the players side and this issues is not a separated one time matter.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    okay so the ESO live is over and yet this issues dosent even had any atention from any of the @ZOS community managers? this is bug is huge too we are talking about teh game core story mod wich is bugged as hell, even in manimarcos souls wasnt taken in scanrcator ro what ever tha palce is name, hes soul just flyed up and begone from existance and i havent seen molag bals hand to reach him out trgough the Anchor portal. Why does these things keeps ignored? I saw tons of new content came out but this thread or even teh issues is not even addressed at anywhere? what is the point then to sending /bug report in game and on teh forum with video footages if we reciev 0 word?
    I am sorry but i am spending money on this game and this quality of treating issues like the main story core elemts bugs is dissapointing me in every aspect.
    In my humble opinion, it has become clearly apparent that ZOS prefers players, especially new players, to largely ignore the "old" base game content and prior DLCs. Indeed, after release of the Morrowind expansion and of each prior and subsequent DLC, "links" were inserted into the previous content which, if pursued by the player, lead their character into the most recent content. In and of itself, there is nothing in particular wrong with that, I suppose.

Nonetheless it implies a ZOS desire for us to play the most recent "chapter" for which we will, of course, pay cash to a retailer (who buys the software from ZOS). Of course, ZOS also implicitly prefers that we play the most recent DLC, for which we pay cash to buy Crowns to purchase. Alternatively, we can pay a monthly ESO Plus subscription with cash, instead of buying Crowns, to gain access to DLCs. Regardless, everyone had to buy Morrowind from a retailer.

Essentially, the ZOS financial model is to produce a continual stream of DLCs, and an occasional expansion "chapter" such as Morrowind. New "chapters", in particular, attract new players -- some of which replace revenue lost from "inactive accounts" -- and they encourage others to return to play the expanded content. DLCs prevent the game from becoming "stale". Constant changes to the "base game" keep the extant "meta" from becoming permanent. This can have a significant risk of inspiring some players to quit in disgust, when a change fails to recognize that "grinding" for BIS gear or for XP may be a practice, but should never be a necessity.

Accordingly, anything that ZOS could or should do to correct any design flaw or bug and/or to address any problem that does not have a significantly negative impact upon the current content of the game is, to the management, likely to be a waste of time and effort. It is implicitly an unecessary cost that reduces their profit, because it does not immediately generate more profit, or ensure that the current source of profit can continue to be played before the next DLC or "chapter" is released.

This stategy and its tactics, and the consequent attitude toward imperfections in the game design and, especially, flaws in its implementation, have significantly negative long-term consequences. But evidently ZOS Media, Inc. (which owns and operates Zenimax Online Services) doesn't particularly care about that, irrespective of whether they should.

Open your eyes and learn about corporatist capitalism. The only reason that a corporation exists is to obtain as much money as possible as quickly as possible, for the financial benefit of its shareholders. Not for the benefit of you or I, nor of our families and communities, nor of our nation, nor of the planet Earth, but for the financial benefit of its shareholders. Period.

Edited by Shadowshire on January 7, 2018 1:27AM

• TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my humble opinion, it has become clearly apparent that ZOS prefers players, especially new players, to largely ignore the "old" base game content and prior DLCs. Indeed, after release of the Morrowind expansion and of each prior and subsequent DLC, "links" were inserted into the previous content which, if pursued by the player, lead their character into the most recent content. In and of itself, there is nothing in particular wrong with that, I suppose.

Nonetheless it implies a ZOS desire for us to play the most recent "chapter" for which we will, of course, pay cash to a retailer (who buys the software from ZOS). Of course, ZOS also implicitly prefers that we play the most recent DLC, for which we pay cash to buy Crowns to purchase. Alternatively, we can pay a monthly ESO Plus subscription with cash, instead of buying Crowns, to gain access to DLCs. Regardless, everyone had to buy Morrowind from a retailer.

Essentially, the ZOS financial model is to produce a continual stream of DLCs, and an occasional expansion "chapter" such as Morrowind. New "chapters", in particular, attract new players -- some of which replace revenue lost from "inactive accounts" -- and they encourage others to return to play the expanded content. DLCs prevent the game from becoming "stale". Constant changes to the "base game" keep the extant "meta" from becoming permanent. This can have a significant risk of inspiring some players to quit in disgust, when a change fails to recognize that "grinding" for BIS gear or for XP may be a practice, but should never be a necessity.

Accordingly, anything that ZOS could or should do to correct any design flaw or bug and/or to address any problem that does not have a significantly negative impact upon the current content of the game is, to the management, likely to be a waste of time and effort. It is implicitly an unecessary cost that reduces their profit, because it does not immediately generate more profit, or ensure that the current source of profit can continue to be played before the next DLC or "chapter" is released.

This stategy and its tactics, and the consequent attitude toward imperfections in the game design and, especially, flaws in its implementation, have significantly negative long-term consequences. But evidently ZOS Media, Inc. (which owns and operates Zenimax Online Services) doesn't particularly care about that, irrespective of whether they should.

Open your eyes and learn about corporatist capitalism. The only reason that a corporation exists is to obtain as much money as possible as quickly as possible, for the financial benefit of its shareholders. Not for the benefit of you or I, nor of our families and communities, nor of our nation, nor of the planet Earth, but for the financial benefit of its shareholders. Period.

You do realize that kind of mentality will lead the game to an end for many players, becasue they dont a sheet about feedbacks and fixing so called old content. as you adressed. The Main Story ia curcial point in lore wide and also effects the future of tamriel, so thats explanition about why they ignoring the bugs instead of fixing them is a just a pety excuse. And those kind of so called buysnies polices what you have adressed will ruin the game, if nto already.

I still read a tons of chats on zone chats who messed upp this ecounter thanx to the bugs and it is ZOS responsibility to fix it, tehy realeased a product they have to ensure the gurantee and fixin their porducts if flaws happening. So those cheap exuses are not matter against Laws. Reguardless of ther terms and usage pragaraphs.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

You do realize that kind of mentality will lead the game to an end for many players, becasue they dont a sheet about feedbacks and fixing so called old content. as you adressed. The Main Story ia curcial point in lore wide and also effects the future of tamriel, so thats explanition about why they ignoring the bugs instead of fixing them is a just a pety excuse. And those kind of so called buysnies polices what you have adressed will ruin the game, if nto already.

I still read a tons of chats on zone chats who messed upp this ecounter thanx to the bugs and it is ZOS responsibility to fix it, tehy realeased a product they have to ensure the gurantee and fixin their porducts if flaws happening. So those cheap exuses are not matter against Laws. Reguardless of ther terms and usage pragaraphs.
    Yes, I certainly do realize the inevitable consequences of the "Greed is a virtue!" credo. It is commonly expressed in the policies and practices of virtually all corporations, not only in the USA but among many others all over the world. As I have described, everything that ZOS has done, and has not done, is quite in accord with that ethos. It has become the global socioeconomic "meta" which, in my opinion and the opinion of many others, will inevitably lead eventually to self-extinction of the human species. But perhaps I digress.

From what a few players of my acquaintance -- who played TESO since the beginning of the public beta test -- have told me in the past: the last quest in the Main Quest line has always had problems. Some have been fixed. Other parts, especially the climactic encounter with Molag Bal, have been "changed" in various particulars.

However, as with other aspects and features of the game, the "patches" generally appear to have the character of "quick and dirty progamming" remedies. That is to say, changes are not necessarily actual corrections, but fresh source code that replaces the "bugged" implementation in the existing source code. It should not surprise anyone when the fresh source often has its own design oversights and implementation flaws. Nonetheless, it is evidently minimally tested (if at all) before being compiled and patched into the "live" software.

Worse, the apparent ZOS software management, development, and maintenance policies and practices often lead to fixing things that aren't broken, while unintentionally breaking things that are working -- then, in many cases, leaving them broken.

Which is to say, from what I know about software development and subsequent "maintenance", ZOS is not likely to ever get it right, simply because the management won't give the development team the personnel and the time to do it. The dollar cost of the corrections does not "fit" in their financial plans to obtain as much profit from providing the game that they can possibly gain. They're probably not so stupid that they fail to recognize that the desire for maximum profit in the short-term is not without a significant risk of failure of the enterprise in the long-term. But there is a difference between intelligence and wisdom.

The accumulation of unremedied flaws in the software is already beginning to become evident in many details of features that have begun to malfunction instead of working as they did before. They have become so numerous during the past three months that I could spend a considerable amount of time and effort submitting "Feedback" reports. But I hardly do that any more, because ZOS has so rarely corrected any of the various "bugs" which I have previously documented and reported. It has become a waste of time and effort.

So, I just play the game, and pay the ESO Plus subscription, which credits my account with 1500 Crowns per month. From time-to-time I use some accumulated Crowns to buy an item from the Crown Store. I have bought each DLC that way, so that if there are ever any problems with the ESO Plus subscription, I will still have access to their content. Once I bought Crowns when they were "on sale", but not all that many. I have not expended any for Crown Crates, role-playing costumes, expensive crafting motifs, or homesteads. In addition to the DLCs, I've bought a couple of mounts, and pretty much everything else has been "supplies".

More than anything else, I enjoy the quests that enact a story, and TESO has some very interesting ones. I had more than enough PvP experience in "world PvP" realms while playing World of Warcraft. Very few 4-player dungeons are all that interesting, and they all tend to have too many combat "gimmicks" that reflect a lack of creative thought and ability in their over-all design. "Arena combat" mimics arcade-style time-and-goal games, which I don't particularly like. So, my characters don't acquire the gear needed for "Trials", even if I wanted to pursue that "end-game content".

In conclusion, I know that eventually the accumulation of flaws in its software will render TESO virtually unplayable. The only investment that I have in it is the time and effort to play, and the cost of the ESO Plus subscription (which is a reasonable "fee for service" such as I receive). It is an unfortunate situation, but it is a reflection of the times in which we live.

We could, I suppose, file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission. Or we could file civil lawsuits against Zenimax Media, Inc., and Zenimax Online Services, alledging that we have been defrauded by their policies and practices. But the likelihood of either regulatory relief or an award for civil damages is rather remote. After all, TESO is just a game. If we aren't satisfied by the way that ZOS provides it as our recreation, the ultimate remedy is to play some other game offered by a firm that has more integrity and a keener interest in the satisfaction of its customers (i.e., if we can find one).

Speaking of which, "Lord British" -- developer of the Ultima series in the 1990's, culminating in the first fantasy MMORPG (Ultima 10) -- has returned with a start-up firm, Portalarium, which is developing Shroud of the Avatar. If the software has half the polish of the promotion, then it should be interesting to play. Albeit, it looks to be a bit too much "pay to play" for me to afford, but perhaps you all should check it out.

Edited by Shadowshire on January 8, 2018 5:56AM

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Here is the video link i am sorry about the quality youtube is stupid i have the actual footage in HD i have no idea why the video quality became so bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTLPlgT-bwY

@ZOS_GinaBruno Any plans for fixing this in big Update 17? It's quite an issue.! :O
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Here is the video link i am sorry about the quality youtube is stupid i have the actual footage in HD i have no idea why the video quality became so bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTLPlgT-bwY

@ZOS_GinaBruno Any plans for fixing this in big Update 17? It's quite an issue.! :O

I have even wrote a pm to Gina but it seems tehy dont realy care tehy just for realesing contents and leav teh rest behind. thats a bad busnise model.
  • ShinWow
    ShinWow
    Soul Shriven
    Mission broken here too, but apparently its been broken in one way or another for years now, so /shrug.

Would've been nice to experience the final main quest mission cinematics in actual working condition. Just saw the Youtube of it and it looks amazing. What I experienced instead was a whole bunch of "uhh.. wtfs going on".
    Edited by ShinWow on January 11, 2018 11:05AM
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShinWow wrote: »
    Mission broken here too, but apparently its been broken in one way or another for years now, so /shrug.

Would've been nice to experience the final main quest mission cinematics in actual working condition. Just saw the Youtube of it and it looks amazing. What I experienced instead was a whole bunch of "uhh.. wtfs going on".

oh you dont have to tell me about that i was so disapointed when is aw this mess. further more even my stream viwers said omg what a lame and buggy game, and called the devs with rude names, i tried to defend teh game in every way including the devs, but at this point i reconsider my point of view about them actualy giving fair point to my viewers. And trust me it is makes me sad because i love this game so much.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mission broken here too, but apparently its been broken in one way or another for years now, so /shrug. ....
    oh you dont have to tell me about that i was so disapointed when is aw this mess. further more even my stream viwers said omg what a lame and buggy game, and called the devs with rude names, i tried to defend teh game in every way including the devs, but at this point i reconsider my point of view about them actualy giving fair point to my viewers. And trust me it is makes me sad because i love this game so much.
    On the face of it, the media such as YouTube which has the implicit effect of positively advertising the game can and will have an even stronger negative effect upon whether new players will be attracted to it and whether current players will continue to play it. It is a sad situation indeed. Such a waste of opportunity to make and offer something that could become a long-lasting legendary generational tradition, but instead ZOS is flying the airplane into the terrain.

• TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mission broken here too, but apparently its been broken in one way or another for years now, so /shrug. ....
    On the face of it, the media such as YouTube which has the implicit effect of positively advertising the game can and will have an even stronger negative effect upon whether new players will be attracted to it and whether current players will continue to play it. It is a sad situation indeed. Such a waste of opportunity to make and offer something that could become a long-lasting legendary generational tradition, but instead ZOS is flying the airplane into the terrain.

I know right?

To be honest i realy tried to defend the game and also the developers when the topic instantly came up durring the broadcast and when we saw this bug. I told my viewers to dont worry it would be porbably fixed in no time. you know what was to most dissapointing reply on this matter from my viewers? Actualy they have voted on my twitch chanel to do a complete main story play thrgough, and they prety much enjoyed the whole thing untill i reached the end clymax of teh main story the Molag Bal fight. It was an utter distruction on the chat, even my moderators couldn't handeled that mutch presure, it was a catastrophy.
    And seeing how ZOs ignores this matters, prooving they didn't even sent a word on this topic from any one from the company representative, it makes me thinking they do not care about this matter.

wich is a shame lets face it, because the main story line is the best questing sires in the whole game in lorewide too. I am not saying the rest of the expansions quests are not good, but actualy none of them have this clymactick battle. for the divines sake we just banished a daedrick prince a god of oblivion. There are no other fights in any elder scrolls game like this. Yeah Martin is sacrificing him self in TES IV to save nurn and close the oblivion gates durring the oblivion crisys. but thats in the third eras end. In skyrim we banished alduin the world eater, first born of akatosh in sovongard (forgot how to spell that name sorry XD)

I dont rember about Morrowind end boss fights becasue i have played with that game damn long time ago. all i want to say is those epick fights against endbosses in Elder Scrolls univerese are still epic and still clymactick and i don't and can't understand why this Fight cannot be fixed in ESO? And also i cannot understand why there is no word about this issues from any ZOS representatievs?

I have even sent an ingame /bug report too and also atached this forum thread link and i explained it in the ticket the thread contains a real video footage, wich is not edited at all, i have this video on my pc still unrendered in 56 gigabyte filesize. So as a coustumer i have done everything from my power to help and provide details and descriptions of this matter, and i even offered my help to test this encounter over and over again and constantly providing feedback to the developers. For free. I have not asked anything for return and never will. I just want to help thats all. And i want this bug getting fixed ASAP. Because i am spending money on this game, i am advertising this game in twitch, i try to increases the players number to come and join with us this game is fun and so cool. But seeing this i will not going to lie to my viewers, nor to the rest of the gaming community, and nor for the Elder Scrolls fans. Because i am not that kind of person. I leav that to others, and also leav that shame wich comes in pair with them.
    Edited by TheValar85 on January 12, 2018 5:07AM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God of Schemes: Fixed an issue that would occasionally prevent Molag Bal from grabbing your character.

:):):) Thank you ZOS!

Edited by maboleth on January 15, 2018 6:05PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    God of Schemes: Fixed an issue that would occasionally prevent Molag Bal from grabbing your character.

From which source are you quoting?

• Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PTS 3.3.1 patch notes released today. It’s supposedly fixed on the PTS and will presumably go Live with Update 17.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/390152/pts-patch-notes-v3-3-1/p1
    Edited by Aeslief on January 16, 2018 12:33AM
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »

PTS 3.3.1 patch notes released today. It’s supposedly fixed on the PTS and will presumably go Live with Update 17.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/390152/pts-patch-notes-v3-3-1/p1

yeeey and tehy even fixed the whole ecounter with the epic light effected sceene? :P