The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Disappointed with mystery box event?

• Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, because I never expect the group finder to work well anyway, and I did get that nice Dark Shaman costume.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    nope, they didnt have to do it, was free stuff, i'm happy
  • schwarzman1
    schwarzman1
    ✭✭✭
    No
    One character. PS4 NA.

2 runs. Got a mount already. I’d actually like to see more events like this minus bugs obviously.
    PS4 NA AD
    PSN: schwarzman1
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Getting nothing but repair kits and treasure maps, I just want the dog :/ I've already done over 40 runs and nothing.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I really dislike how they included the extremely rare 20 mount pack in their "available mounts" when in reality it's only the war horse (and the dog for pets)

They implied there would be a lot of crown store items, to me mimic stones and treasure maps don't count -_-

I was also hoping for like Breton hero costume type stuff.

Literally the only event I've had to force myself to participate in with very little enjoyment.

Also first time ever I regretted owning all the dlcs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    People are getting nice stuff. I'm just not one of those people. So no, I'm not disappointed with the event - just my own rng.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did one run, got the dog, can't complain.

great tank and heals on that one. wish i was a better dps. :)
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I haven't participated so no.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The dungeon event is OK. Running 3 characters per day through random normal dungeons, nothing great from the boxes. The groups have been good.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    MakoFore wrote: »
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    I got 4 different costumes and the horse, and a couple CWC recipes, running on 8-9 chars a day, which isn't too bad. I could care less about that ugly dog but if I get it I won't complain.

what costumes did you get? as far as i know there are 4 - the smith, the chef, the shaman and the hunter?
    i ve only gotten the hunter one- would be damn pleased to get all 4. have run it each day , 3 days now- on 10 toons- so 30 runs in all.

Yes, those are the ones I got. I opened 25 boxes so far.

You got lucky then, I got 3 out of the 4 costumes, no mount or dog yet, 1 purple plan out of 42 boxes mostly just junk in all the rest 1 transmute stones or lockpicks / 1k treasures.

I mean I can already buy as many lockpicks as I want and 1k treasures really.

nd7mFos.jpg
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on December 3, 2017 5:48AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm disappointed, but only because I've done around 12 dungeons already and haven't gotten a single mount, pet, costume or house. I've gotten plenty of dyes that are useless to me, though. :/
    Now, if I get the imperial horse tomorrow, then I'll change my mind about being disappointed.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Potion , xp scroll , other word , trashes
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    More disappointing than the last "Witches Festival", which I didn't think was possible.
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on December 3, 2017 6:15AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's been a fun event.. it's gotten lots of people into the dungeons and we got free stuff.. what's to dislike about it? :)
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    it was free, it was voluntary, and it was as good an excuse as any to group up with friends - so no, I'm not disappointed

did I get anything worth getting excited about? no. The rewards were...uninspiring. But I had fun playing dungeons with people.

course, I've played exclusively with guild members, not pugs - so, that *could* make the difference

still...
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Other..... Where's the bloody other option
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Guild chats have never been so busy, so yeah I'm loving it.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    pod88kk wrote: »
    Other..... Where's the bloody other option

I was going to.put other and a choice for didn't participate but I hit save poll on accident
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Disappointed in the contents. Yes
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Junk, junk and more junk. This event like all the others ZOS puts out are for one purpose. To keep folks playing their game. The chances of getting something worth while is pretty much the same in all the events. SLIM to none. The only reason I am even doing this event is to level up the Undaunted Skill Line on one of my characters.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I mean it's helping me finally level my Wardens sooooo can't be all that bad.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Runefang wrote: »
    Guild chats have never been so busy, so yeah I'm loving it.

It's so lively now!
    It's been a fun event.. it's gotten lots of people into the dungeons and we got free stuff.. what's to dislike about it? :)

It's nice seeing fresh blood in dungeons though so of you give me an headache.

Was blessed with good luck that made happy too. So overall my favorite event. Hope to see more social ones in the future.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They broke bgs q because of this event..
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It seems that ZOS is getting worse and worse with these events. How in the world do you go about hyping up something where lockpicks and repair kits are given as rewards? That’s just trifling and flat-out lazy. Nobody wants those dusty and bum-ass rewards. If I wanted lockpicks, I’d just raid a Dwarven ruin or something. And for repair kits, just do dailies. :|
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Not because I didn't get anything good...only because it isn't working as intended (if they intended it to work at all).

Explain

I figure they intended the boxes too work.much like.crown crates. I've done. 3 characters each day so far and.haven't.gotten Jack, no costume s,mounts,pets nothing. I'm guessing those have about a 1% drop chance.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The event itself is fine.
    Never expected anything good from those boxes, but it's still something extra.
    How zos are handling the game lately, that's another story, really.
    Especially that last post Gina wrote stating that it's likely things will be slower during peak hours.
    That really was a slap on our faces, like if we all were a bunch of idiots.
    Looking forward to mh world.
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Im tired of getting treasure maps or tripot of restorations. So far Ive gotten maybe two drops that werent a waste of a dungeon run. Still hoping to have the Imperial Horse before the end of the event. Will probably avoid any other lackluster event like this in the future. Definitely not worth the stress or the headache when Im teamed up with 2 bow "DPS" and a Squishy Sorc Tank every other dungeon run. Took over 2 hours to find and run a smooth dungeon run this morning on my Healer.

That's basically all I've gotten from 6 boxes. Treasure maps tri pots and repair kits lol.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Alchemical wrote: »
    I feel like the event was grossly marketed in the wrong way. The promotional posts made it sound like this was a celebration for all the players, and so, all the players would get some neat things that are otherwise no longer for sale and not currently making Zenimax money, because it would buy a lot of good will to give away cool things people want. Instead it's a whole lot of junk that clutters up inventory space, two extremely lame reskins, and two cool costumes (two ok ones) and an infinitesimally small chance of winning big. So small no one so far seems to have won the big 'pack' of mounts/houses. I won't be surprised if no one gets one, in all honesty.

The event is horse ***. I'm sorry, but it is. "Hurr durr its free don't complain" shut up. Being free doesn't make it in any way, shape, or form a 'good' event. The deliberately misleading marketing, the garbage drop rates, the glitchy dungeon finder. It's all a big dumpster fire. This was suppose to be a celebration for the loyal players and all it does is mislead and *** on them.

I agree.. This whole thing is coming across more as a dupe to fill up players inventory space so they are forced to sub for the next month, so ZOS can make their numbers look good for their "investors" when they go to give their quarterly update.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Interesting randomness.....got stuff I never thought of. Not that I loved it, but the truly randomness was fun.

Wish I could give away the dye stamps
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Because I'm an adult who plays the lottery so I know the chances of getting anything good are low.