The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

For the dungeon event, will your standards change?

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I haven't ran a dungeon since like the first six months the game was out. I am hoping to get a couple people I actually know to run them with me. But, I hope that if that doesn't pan out that running them on normal with random people won't be the worlds worst experience for me.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    I am going to do only normal dungeons during event. With my 750cp main and 13 low-level alts.
    There is no such thing as "standards" for normal dungeons. Normal means "do whatever you want".
    Only thing I will be angry about - skipping bosses, because of requirement of killing them all for mystery box.

Where was this stated?
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I will still be running with my wife and guildies because I have friends and stuff lol
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Where was this stated?

It was previously stated in the official article,

"In order to earn a Mysterious Reward Box, you will need to complete the entire dungeon by defeating all of its bosses."

It has since been changed to:

"In order to earn a Mysterious Reward Box, you will need to complete the dungeon by defeating its final boss."

And Gina additionally clarified,

"We just double checked, and you do not have to kill all bosses in a dungeon to receive a Mysterious Reward Box. You only need to defeat the final boss. Apologies for the confusion! We'll make sure the article gets updated to reflect this information."

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26255?Earn-Bonus-Rewards-With-the-#10MillionStories-Dungeon-Event
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/382768/official-discussion-thread-for-earn-bonus-rewards-with-the-10millionstories-dungeon-event/p2
    signing off
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would only ever kick for bad attitude. In fact I prefer running dungeons with less experienced people, to show them the ropes.

All my chars but one will be doing non-dlc normal dungeons so it doesn't matter much anyway.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Where was this stated?

It was previously stated in the official article,

"In order to earn a Mysterious Reward Box, you will need to complete the entire dungeon by defeating all of its bosses."

It has since been changed to:

"In order to earn a Mysterious Reward Box, you will need to complete the dungeon by defeating its final boss."

And Gina additionally clarified,

"We just double checked, and you do not have to kill all bosses in a dungeon to receive a Mysterious Reward Box. You only need to defeat the final boss. Apologies for the confusion! We'll make sure the article gets updated to reflect this information."

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26255?Earn-Bonus-Rewards-With-the-#10MillionStories-Dungeon-Event
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/382768/official-discussion-thread-for-earn-bonus-rewards-with-the-10millionstories-dungeon-event/p2

Excellent.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Passing on the whole thing. I play for fun, and this doesn't sound like fun.

I hope you get some nice stuff in your reward boxes, and have surprisingly easy runs. flourishes wand
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any "elite snob" that goes into a pug group and starts to rage at the others is an "Elite Snob" that has burnt his bridges with all the other "Elite Snobs" who don't want to play with him anymore so he is forced to pug and does not understand that there are people willing to learn if he would just help to them.

He is most likely carried through content by other more competent "Elite Snobs" and does not actually understand enough himself to carry others through it so he gets upset when those he is paired with cannot also carry him through.

Anyway, I hope all the lower level guys doing the group event are blessed with helpful "Elite Snob" group members to help you learn and have the patience to get you through it (because we do exist. Promise)
    My internet is invalid
  • Goddess_Althena
    Goddess_Althena
    ✭✭✭
    This is an event week running on a limited timer. As a veteran player who has run these group dungeons a ridiculous number of times, I think it's understandable that many players like me will want to get in and get out AQAP. That's generally how I run any random normal as I'm only doing them for the loot/XP bonuses after having played so much.
    I've always wondered why people who want to run the dungeons slowly for story and whatnot bother to queue. It is very easy to find guilds in this game and would be much smarter to find some people to run with that have the same intentions. Anyone who has run their fair share of PUGs knows by now that it's a crapshoot and you basically have to go with the flow and hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
    This is a game, a hobby and we all want to enjoy ourselves. If so-called 'elites' want a fast run and newer players would prefer a slow, methodical run then that's just a simple matter of incompatibility. But why should the newer player's preference be more important than the veteran player's?
    The event is only six days and I think it's understandable that ppl running multiple characters will want to run as efficiently as possible.
    I have no intention of kicking anyone out of a PUG and denying them their loot, and I certainly hope I won't encounter many players complaining to me that I'm running through content too fast with characters that can easily solo the content.
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an event week running on a limited timer. As a veteran player who has run these group dungeons a ridiculous number of times, I think it's understandable that many players like me will want to get in and get out AQAP. That's generally how I run any random normal as I'm only doing them for the loot/XP bonuses after having played so much.
    I've always wondered why people who want to run the dungeons slowly for story and whatnot bother to queue. It is very easy to find guilds in this game and would be much smarter to find some people to run with that have the same intentions. Anyone who has run their fair share of PUGs knows by now that it's a crapshoot and you basically have to go with the flow and hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
    This is a game, a hobby and we all want to enjoy ourselves. If so-called 'elites' want a fast run and newer players would prefer a slow, methodical run then that's just a simple matter of incompatibility. But why should the newer player's preference be more important than the veteran player's?
    The event is only six days and I think it's understandable that ppl running multiple characters will want to run as efficiently as possible.
    I have no intention of kicking anyone out of a PUG and denying them their loot, and I certainly hope I won't encounter many players complaining to me that I'm running through content too fast with characters that can easily solo the content.

You can also join guilds of people that all think like you just like you advocate the new players to do. Group up with 3 other liked minded people and hit the random vet button and blaze through it. That should be your channel to speedrun dungeons.

Pugging a random dungeon should never have an expectation of finishing fast. Hist as you state in your message there are other channels for that
    My internet is invalid
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    Considering you can run random normal to get the reward, and considering any reasonably good vet player can solo at least most non-DLC dungeons,

I wonder what your terms for the word "reasonable" are.

As far as I'm concerned the only way just a "reasonably good" player can effectively solo group dungeons is if they're using an easy mode Sorc.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Goddess_Althena
    Goddess_Althena
    ✭✭✭
    hydrocynus wrote: »

You can also join guilds of people that all think like you just like you advocate the new players to do. Group up with 3 other liked minded people and hit the random vet button and blaze through it. That should be your channel to speedrun dungeons.

Pugging a random dungeon should never have an expectation of finishing fast. Hist as you state in your message there are other channels for that

I queue up for random normals frequently enough with my husband and they rarely take much time when we're on our toughest characters. I do them quick for the rewards and as veteran takes longer and offers no more experience or transmute crystals there's no incentive for me to waste extra time doing them.

The odd time we have encountered a player who complains that they want a slower run than we do. Generally they leave and requeue I assume. More often I encounter newer players who are more than pleased to have been able to complete the content with ease and ask to run more with us. And then most commonly, we queue with players who just run the random along with us with whatever high or low level character they're on and we're in and out with nary a word.

The random tool is there for convenience and grouping efficiency (not something it always excels at, but that's another topic) and that's why I use it. And no one player has a monopoly on using it. When I say I go in expecting a fast run it is because it is within my power to do so on my own merits. I needn't rely on other players to make it happen. But if you go into a random with certain expectations dependent on other players then as someone who has played this game an awful lot, I would suggest caution. This community is widely varied in skill and temperament. You never know who you'll get paired up with. I've generally done my best to be helpful to other players when they ask, I've helped level and farm gear and offered what tips I could. But a lot of us have a limited amount of time we can play the game and so we prefer to spend that time curating our own enjoyable experience.

When you're sure of your skill and familiar with the content the random queue is a useful tool. When you're not, friends and guild members are a more surefire way to get started. It's what I did and I learned enough to be the proficient player I am now. Not every experienced player is a 'snobby elite'. I absolutely detest rude, impatient behaviour in this game and I rarely have the patience for players who act thusly. And it should be said that they are not always 'elite' players either. There are a lot of friendly and helpful veteran players out there happy to help and do what they can for the newer community. And they are just as entitled to enjoy their time playing as the newer people. This game would be a lot more enjoyable if more players would respect each other and not stereotype or make rude assumptions from the get go.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    Considering you can run random normal to get the reward, and considering any reasonably good vet player can solo at least most non-DLC dungeons,

I wonder what your terms for the word "reasonable" are.

As far as I'm concerned the only way just a "reasonably good" player can effectively solo group dungeons is if they're using an easy mode Sorc.

I'm pretty mediocre to bad. we are talking 13k dps on a good day. i can solo early normal dungeons on my stamblade. yes, i have vigor, i don't think I'd be able to do it without vigor, however. the point is i can solo it. get to high enough cp, a bit of practice and you can solo early normals. i don't think i can solo 2's though to be fair, i haven't yet tried. but ones? i can solo. not as quickly as better players, but i can do it. so.... no, you do not need easy mode sorc. you just need to not stand in fire for the most part and some sort of self heal/shielding ability (I'm using bone shield personaly).
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is gonna be absolute mayhem that we will all be frustrated with pug groups.
    Not also will we have the usual cp95s in vet dungeons, we will start pulling in all the cancerous cp690 players who have never step foot in the dungeons but just grinded their levels at dolmen chains or skyreach.
    We wont be able to tell them apart too!
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can just run normal dungeons for the event. No standards needed.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I´ll do as I always do when it comes to normal dungeons (be it a DLC or no DLC):

* I don´t care about your role, all normal dungeons can be done without certain roles. ESO promotes the "play the way you want" and some people like to roleplay in this game, and who am I to kick someone from a group who just want to "play the way they want". People who get mad for "fake-roles" need to sort out their priorities. Don´t be a prick just because of your imaginary "principles"....

* I don´t care what level you´re. I´ve been low-level as well and I loved when people who was higher veteran rank (back when those existed) would take me to a dungeon with them.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Lol.
    Just go with friends, make a group and select random dungeon finder. No stress, no pain, no worries.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. I don't really care about who I group with via random group finders.

I do fully expect the forums to explode with whine threads about random groups though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    nah.. i always ask if ppl are doing the quests. if so, then i wait. :)

But if 3 ppl run off Yolo. then YEEHAAAAAW :)
    PC
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I have, as yet, no standards. I've never done a dungeon other than a public dungeon, and I only pugged for the first time in this game last week...on my level 22 templar with a group of level 50's. I do, however, have one level 50 at CP 57 or so. The rest are level 10's and up. I intend to jump in and get whatever dungeons done as fast as possible.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • ajcorbell
    ajcorbell
    ✭✭✭
    Won't be kicking any players. If you need a bis group for them then you're doing something wrong :) a group of level 10s can get them done
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm only going to be doing normals anyway, same chance of rewards on offer for both so why stress myself?

I don't do random groups very often, usually go in with a pre-formed group to do a random dungeon, that's unlikely to change. But I'm always happy to be doing normals with less experienced people anyway - I'm one of those who checks whether people need to do the quest and waits at the end until they have turned it in.

My 2 most enjoyable dungeon experiences have been with people I never met before - met some players in Shadowfen and we ended up going to Arx Corinium, they didn't have much of a clue but we got through and I hope I gave them some useful tips; and the other night did nCoS with some folks who hadn't done it before, I wasn't that experienced but my friend who was with me gave explanations of any mechanics, everyone did a great job and got their quests for the dungeon finished and turned in.

I'm just looking forward to getting lots of dungeons done and getting some rewards. It's a game, the purpose of games is to have fun, which I am sure I will do. :)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'm there to have fun like everyone else. I might not be the best player or have the highest DPS, but I can for the most part take care of myself(as long as shields stay up, and Infernal Guardian kicks in), and understand mechanics. Now if we're wiping first boss of the easy ***, then I might reconsider.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I always run dungeons with two of my friends (2 dps and a healer) and we queue for a tank. We take whatever we get and carry them, if necessary. It's what we have always done and it's what we will do for the event.
    That is hardly an issue, just do quest and sprint after, this works well even if group dps is around 50k single target you can take your time with quests and catch up before boss is down.
    Only issue is a few dungeons there you need to do extra stuff to do quest like direfrost. But as you say you can always do it later.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I want to know is how a player can accrue over 300cp without learning some VERY fundamental dungeon principles. Are there people out there buying pre-leveled accounts who have no idea how to play, or are my standards just way too high?

What does CP have to do with completing dungeons? I've been playing on and off since launch, max CP and still very little experience with dungeons or trials.

You also get CP from PVP, quests, even battlegrounds and crafting.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on November 30, 2017 9:54AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't you complete this just with normal dungeons?
    Yes, but it has to be an random dungeon and only the first each day so purple reward.
    You can queue on multiple characters however.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The last and so far only time I used the random group finder was on the PTS for HotR, and it was a miserable failure - I was waiting for hours and eventually gave up.

That is totally to be expected, because comparatively few players use the PTS, and even fewer will use the group finder there. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Also I see no reason to run Vet for this thing. I'd rather get them over and done with fast. And I don't think I am good enough at the game to carry a PUG through Vet Falkreath Hold and such.

Don't worry. Nobody, not even the best players here, can carry a whole PUG of bad players through something like vFH. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    Only thing I will be angry about - skipping bosses, because of requirement of killing them all for mystery box.

You can rejoice! The thing about needing all bosses was wrong information. Gina confirmed yesterday that, like for a random dungeon, you only need to kill the last boss to get the reward. The event info page has already been updated accordingly:

Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP