The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For the dungeon event, will your standards change?

• xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Premade FTW
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    Considering you can run random normal to get the reward, and considering any reasonably good vet player can solo at least most non-DLC dungeons,

I wonder what your terms for the word "reasonable" are.

As far as I'm concerned the only way just a "reasonably good" player can effectively solo group dungeons is if they're using an easy mode Sorc.

I'd say reasonably good means they carry their weight in a smooth vet dungeon run. As a DDs, they should know how to avoid evil stuff, have self-heal to survive without healer for a while, and do decent damage, like 20+k. That's sufficient to solo most, if not all, normal non-DLC dungeons. Except of course those with multiplayer mechanics like the pressure plates in Direfrost Keep or being skeletonized in Blackheart Haven.

"Easy mode sorc" is surely one way to go, but not necessarily the only one. It works just as well on Magblade and Stamsorc, and I've also soloed the easier stuff like City of Ash or Volenfell on my Stamblade (with Vigor, Refreshing Path and Killer's Blade). :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • JoffyToffy69
    JoffyToffy69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm gonna let people know that I'm playing an alt and even though they're max cp, i have not set them up. I figured it shouldn't matter anyway for a normal dungeon but I dont want to be judged poorly hahaha
    Fun comes from diversity, balance kills diversity.
    Former Empress Serabii
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm gonna let people know that I'm playing an alt and even though they're max cp, i have not set them up. I figured it shouldn't matter anyway for a normal dungeon but I dont want to be judged poorly hahaha

This certainly can't hurt. When I leveled up my last char, I got kicked from nWGT right at the beginning even before the first pull. ;) (In the next group I ended up explaining mechanics to the CP tank.)

Of course this can't happen anymore now, due to the level restrictions for normal DLC dungeons.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose, "being willing to use the group finder at all," would count as my standards changing, so yes. Abusing other players? **** no.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    My standards will change in that I will actually do dungeons with strangers.

>___<

(Stranger danger!)

Seriously I don't like grouping with people I don't know, this is going to be nervewracking.
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Plan on queing as every role and then face rolling the entire dungeon on normal. Keep up or get left behind. Sorry for those attempting to do the quest, not this week boys.

Oh boy. It actually takes longer when people like you try to run through the whole thing and leave noobs dying the whole way while you do a terrible job of soloing bosses than it does to take a few seconds to clear mobs. Why not just get a group of equally annoying people and leave everyone else to enjoy the game? The worst is when you don’t even relay what you’re about to do in group chat. And you’ll probably queue as a tank even though you’re dps which means you’ll be running the bosses all over the place and out of everyone’s aoe. And I say this as an endgame player who would just as happily kick you from the group and carry two noobs through just about any random normal.

So much this. Typical hasted console kid. Glad we have less immature players on PC.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • palahnyurchin
    palahnyurchin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm not the best player out there but I expect the healer to heal and the tank to taunt. If that is not the case or if the group isn't performing well sometimes I leave with a "sorry guys!" just because I really don't like kicking anybody out of a group. I also do not usually speak with my randomly selected group as I am too lazy to type on xbox and don't want to speak on mic.

However, in this event, I'll try to be a lot more patients and help however needs it. Even speak! :D I don't know, this is an event to have fun and hopefully get nice things. A little bit of kindness can go a long way.
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    no, cuz i do always random dailys with friends, same for event ... may we need an extra player and we take a random noob or elite , we will act like he is one of us, and make sure we get the job done .. so my standarts dont chance as it will not be different for me as before event
    Edited by mwo1480 on November 30, 2017 1:42PM
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we run with 1 or two random's we just carry them through it. Only a couple dungeons are difficult on vet to complete without full cooperation and requiring a balanced group. Don't do too many vet pick up groups --- we will 2 or 3 man the dungeon before adding a random.

This will be the main issue in the EU because the event starts at 4pm for us today. So most of us that got a day off for example already did their daily dungeon / pledges most likely, ergo missing out on the first box.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Dungeons are not my thing really. So I will probably only do them if my guild is doing them. They tend to put up with me seeing as I don't run them enough to remember all the mechanics.
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    I will queue as a tank and basically solo it. If I get FH or BRF I will quit and log on a different character.

Repeat until done.

I wish you all the repair kits, treasure maps and dye stamps in the world :)
  • Zimbugga
    Zimbugga
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Of course not. This is what we do all the time, so why we must change our standard? If me and my two friends see double role or triple role (doesn't matter is it normal or veteran) you will get kicked. Sorry, we can't watch queue cheaters.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, I have no standards finder - but I anticipate changing my undies often xD
    Edited by Mureel on November 30, 2017 5:26PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    I am going to do only normal dungeons during event. With my 750cp main and 13 low-level alts.
    There is no such thing as "standards" for normal dungeons. Normal means "do whatever you want".
    Only thing I will be angry about - skipping bosses, because of requirement of killing them all for mystery box.

I had 2 bros on my healer’s run just [snip] werewolf out for most of the dungeon xD I snorted my Monster drink out my nose xD

[Edited to remove profanity masking]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 30, 2018 9:16PM
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Good question, ill let you know when I can actually get in a dungeon prompted by GF
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Likely to just run with pre-made group of 4 so we can burn through them quickly on multiple characters.
    Playing since beta...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I will be running normals as fast as I can qued up for all roles. I know this is generally frowned upon, but I got a lot of toons to run.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Ye as I have multiple chars and limited time this week I will rush but no I won't kick anyone I will carry them with me, normal dungs non dlc are easy enough to complete solo (well most are) unless you need 2nd player to open some doors so I treat additional players as a help that is welcome no matter how low they might be.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I will lower expectations to "having a pulse" for the duration of the event.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    Considering you can run random normal to get the reward, and considering any reasonably good vet player can solo at least most non-DLC dungeons,

I wonder what your terms for the word "reasonable" are.

As far as I'm concerned the only way just a "reasonably good" player can effectively solo group dungeons is if they're using an easy mode Sorc.

3k healing per second or more
    15k dps or more
    10k resists or more
    Knowledge of dungeon mechanics.

My stamplar dies far less than my mag sorc because I know how to play a stamplar way better than I know sorcs, stam or mag.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Same old random dungeons I do every day, why would it change? I really dont see this increasing volume much if any. Everyone does random dungeons every day, how is this different exactly?
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I have 10 toons I'll be taking through this daily. Even those not yet lvl 50 have good gear and solid rotations/builds. I will help noobs with one or two tips, and go about my grind.

I plan to grow certain weapon lines. For my mag DDs, I'll queue as a healer and work on my resto staff; my stam DDs will do the same and tank with a sword and board. Back bar will still be DPS. Like many have already said... normal dungeons are a cake-walk.

Dedicated tanks/healers are a waste in all but a couple DLC dungeons... IF I get RNGed into one of those, I will likely just log into another character, as someone else already suggested.
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, I still prefer Standard of Might. I refuse to shift my standards. B)
    Edited by Morbash on November 30, 2017 11:41PM
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's only the first day and it's been so much worse than I anticipated....

A cp40 (yes, that's four-zero) queued for a random veteran. Dead weight was an understatement.

But he was at least trying. The DPS who kept heavy-attacking with his frost staff, pulling aggro, and dropping dead because he was made of tissue paper.... that was worse.

And oh ya -- the healer who doesn't even attempt to heal, who basically LIED to the dungeon finder about his role, who would run in *first*, pull the boss, attempt to DPS, and of course, drop dead.

AND WOW.... ....the cp400 templar who thought there's no difference between normal and veteran BRF.

Why is it always on the max-level players to work around the stark incompetence? Can't inexperienced and under-leveled players have just a SHRED of self-awareness and perspective?

You cannot ignore mechanics in vet-DLC dungeons.

You cannot "stand in the stupid" and expect to survive.

You cannot rush in as a DPS and pull the boss's aggro.

These are NOT difficult concepts to grasp, but I have to explain them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, again.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    i am fortunate enough to have friends and guildies to run normal randoms with. breeze through it stress free. dont have to deal with bow tard light attack spammers or pvp players who think its ok to queue as dps wearing sword and board and light attack spamming
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ofc not, i'd be stupid if i don't kick them outside the event, i kick consistantly
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm not an elitist, so it'll be nothing new.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Do not think i can lower my standards for PUG groups even more(10+k dps per dd, tank with taunt, heal with a heal and most importantly the ability to listen and learn). I always expect the worst from people from the group finder.

But i have to admit most dds in the grp finder can barley break 10k dps even with full support of my healer with off-balance, concussion, warhorn, spc, damage buff from grp finder and good up-time on combat prayer. And it got even worse after morrowind...
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    It's only the first day and it's been so much worse than I anticipated....

A cp40 (yes, that's four-zero) queued for a random veteran. Dead weight was an understatement.

But he was at least trying. The DPS who kept heavy-attacking with his frost staff, pulling aggro, and dropping dead because he was made of tissue paper.... that was worse.

And oh ya -- the healer who doesn't even attempt to heal, who basically LIED to the dungeon finder about his role, who would run in *first*, pull the boss, attempt to DPS, and of course, drop dead.

AND WOW.... ....the cp400 templar who thought there's no difference between normal and veteran BRF.

Why is it always on the max-level players to work around the stark incompetence? Can't inexperienced and under-leveled players have just a SHRED of self-awareness and perspective?

You cannot ignore mechanics in vet-DLC dungeons.

You cannot "stand in the stupid" and expect to survive.

You cannot rush in as a DPS and pull the boss's aggro.

These are NOT difficult concepts to grasp, but I have to explain them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, again.

To be fair, I had a idiot CP 690 yesterday with a frost staff, pulling aggro, I was a level 45 tank so of course when I told him, he just blew me off. Who cares if he was ruining my job, taunting boss and almost dying and getting others dead because I couldn't taunt the boss back to me.

But it was normal, so it's okay to screw people's jobs up. At least that's his excuse.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?