The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For the dungeon event, will your standards change?

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As the title suggests, will your standards change in the random group finder now during the event? Like will you rush dungeons and leave/kick people who are not preforming well, but moreso that you usually do? or perhaps the other way, do you expect more new/weak players and are ready to help them? Or do you expect things will be the same, and you'll do the same, just more people?
Edited by coop500 on November 30, 2017 1:25AM
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?

For the dungeon event, will your standards change? 146 votes

Yes
17%
AcrolasValormirta000b16_ESOmadeeh91rwb17_ESOAektannLoves_guarsJoffyToffy69anothermeNolaArchUnlikely_GhostbusterOberon45ZinarothkylewwefanBallcapJolipinatorDocFrost72Naughty_RyderboggoAlienatedGoatRunschei 26 votes
No
69%
SirAndyMorbashwayfarerxBelegnoleBeastnaswenchmore420b14_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOPhilhypeFaulgorAzuryaTurelusDrembo14_ESOIselinmakrethmertustaSheezabeastsparafucilsarwb17_ESOxenowarrior92eb17_ESOIts_Alexiskojou 102 votes
Other
12%
WhiteCoatSyndromeLadyAstrumLoralai_907AzraelKriegAhPook_Is_HereLinaleahLylithHvzedaStovahkiinTequilaFireForsakenSinEnslavedYamiKurukuJamdariusIlithyaniaSoLooneyRainravenImza 18 votes
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I expect all the elite snobs to be overwhelmed with normal players outnumbering them.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I expect all the elite snobs to be overwhelmed with normal players outnumbering them.

This is probably my greatest concern TBH.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While on the one hand, I feel like it 100% defeats the purpose of rewarding people for using Group Finder if they go in with a pre-made group, I plan on going in with a pre-made group.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Considering you can run random normal to get the reward, and considering any reasonably good vet player can solo at least most non-DLC dungeons, I don't think "standards need to change" here. ;)

I'll certainly not kick any low-level player trying to get their reward boxes. And there's no reason to leave normal Fungal Grotto. Heck, during the Witches festival I used it as my solo plunder skull grinding spot. Kill a boss, get the skull, move to next boss, wait 2 minutes, rinse and repeat. :)

I actually think the number of vet players doing normals (possibly on fresh alts) to finish it quicker will be higher than the number of actually new low-level players. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I always run dungeons with two of my friends (2 dps and a healer) and we queue for a tank. We take whatever we get and carry them, if necessary. It's what we have always done and it's what we will do for the event.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Glad to see so far people won't get their panties in a bunch
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have characters set up with builds that can pretty easily solo normal dungeons.

Plan is to queue as DPS/tank, and just slot a taunt if I end up with tank role.

Shouldn't have any issue with groups then.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'll be running my 8 dungeons per day, and won't have but maybe 10-15 minutes to devote to each one.
    PC-NA Goat
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The last and so far only time I used the random group finder was on the PTS for HotR, and it was a miserable failure - I was waiting for hours and eventually gave up. That said, I expect it will be busier tomorrow on live.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Plan on queing as every role and then face rolling the entire dungeon on normal. Keep up or get left behind. Sorry for those attempting to do the quest, not this week boys.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    I have characters set up with builds that can pretty easily solo normal dungeons.
    Same here, if i can solo it there shouldn't be any problems running it with a pug ...
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on November 30, 2017 4:03AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Plan on queing as every role and then face rolling the entire dungeon on normal. Keep up or get left behind. Sorry for those attempting to do the quest, not this week boys.

Oh boy. It actually takes longer when people like you try to run through the whole thing and leave noobs dying the whole way while you do a terrible job of soloing bosses than it does to take a few seconds to clear mobs. Why not just get a group of equally annoying people and leave everyone else to enjoy the game? The worst is when you don’t even relay what you’re about to do in group chat. And you’ll probably queue as a tank even though you’re dps which means you’ll be running the bosses all over the place and out of everyone’s aoe. And I say this as an endgame player who would just as happily kick you from the group and carry two noobs through just about any random normal.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Same here, if i can solo it there should be any problems running it with a pug ...
    shades.gif

Also I see no reason to run Vet for this thing. I'd rather get them over and done with fast. And I don't think I am good enough at the game to carry a PUG through Vet Falkreath Hold and such.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. The boot still comes for those who are attrocious to their fellow players. Bosses will still all die, and I'll still wait on people who need the quest. Other than that, it'll be normals and I still won't care.

And I'll still hate the fact that the random daily dungeon doesn't reset at a set time.
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    No
    If we run with 1 or two random's we just carry them through it. Only a couple dungeons are difficult on vet to complete without full cooperation and requiring a balanced group. Don't do too many vet pick up groups --- we will 2 or 3 man the dungeon before adding a random.

Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Vapirko wrote: »

Oh boy. It actually takes longer when people like you try to run through the whole thing and leave noobs dying the whole way while you do a terrible job of soloing bosses than it does to take a few seconds to clear mobs. Why not just get a group of equally annoying people and leave everyone else to enjoy the game? The worst is when you don’t even relay what you’re about to do in group chat. And you’ll probably queue as a tank even though you’re dps which means you’ll be running the bosses all over the place and out of everyone’s aoe. And I say this as an endgame player who would just as happily kick you from the group and carry two noobs through just about any random normal.

Maybe takes longer for you idk lol a normal dungeon is a normal dungeon. I act responsibly when ever I go into a dungeon but this week? Nope not babysitting
  • X_LadyPhoenix_X
    X_LadyPhoenix_X
    ✭✭✭
    While on the one hand, I feel like it 100% defeats the purpose of rewarding people for using Group Finder if they go in with a pre-made group, I plan on going in with a pre-made group.

Did they fix this yet... It's been a problem since CWC dropped...
    Mistress of Shadows (GM) <ShadowKnight Syndicate>
    an active,adult only, social guild that dabbles in everything on PS4 NA, Est. Oct. 2015
    For the Pact!
    ---
    Master Thief
    ---
    | Lady Phœnix ~ Nord DK | Yelena Elethea ~ High Elf Templar | Stalks-among-Shadows ~ Argonian NB | Inyoni Yezulu ~ Redgaurd Sorc |
    | Chändra Nälaar ~ Dark Elf DK | Elora de Danan ~ Breton Sorc | Velia Vixen ~ Wood Elf Warden | Serephina Valyrin ~ Imperial DK |
    ---
    PSN: X_LadyPhoenix_X
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I will queue as a tank and basically solo it. If I get FH or BRF I will quit and log on a different character.

Repeat until done.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    My standards won't really change. As it is when I pug I expect to have to carry a player or two, so that helps.

That said, I will just be running normals this week to make my life a bit easier. Plus the more characters I get through the daily dungeon, the more boxes I get.
  • MythrialDrow
    MythrialDrow
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I have always used PUG groups, I don’t know if I have been lucky?! They have always been good.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Since I"ll be running with friends/guildmates, yes. I'm not going to deal with pugs.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I mean, I'm probably going to turn off the jester or zombie personality so I'm not HUGURRRHGUUUGF HA HA through the whole thing. I'm not a monster all the time.
    signing off
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'm just going to accept the fact that I'll be healing a lot more people standing in stupid during the event.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I just started doing random group dungeons about a week before ZoS told us about this event....

So I don't have a standard as yet, but I know what I've seen and I know what I don't like from some.....

I'll be patient with all as I hope others will be with me :)
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Running with guilds so I don't need to deal with pugs.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    i have no standards other than stick with it and get it done.

if it takes a while, so be it. we'll finish it together.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I’ll be running normals I can solo them so I will be doing the same thing que as tank healer dps and just run right through the damn thing as fast as possible. I got 10 characters and only 2 hours to get this done I don’t have time for ppl to read and do quest and search every corner of the map for a damn heavy sack.

If you want to take ur time during this even do it with ur own friends I’m here for as many free stuff as I can get.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I am going to do only normal dungeons during event. With my 750cp main and 13 low-level alts.
    There is no such thing as "standards" for normal dungeons. Normal means "do whatever you want".
    Only thing I will be angry about - skipping bosses, because of requirement of killing them all for mystery box.
  • Hvzeda
    Hvzeda
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Don't have any standards since I have never used the group finder nor have I attempted any of those dungeons so will likely won't be participating in this event.
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, my expectations will be lowered a bit.

No, I won't be the least bit surprised by the DPS who only heavy attacks, who uses mage's wrath and the Jesus beam on targets with full health, who apparently has never even heard of AOE, never used break-free, nor roll-dodged out of a single red circle the entire time they've played the game up to this point.

No, I won't be the least bit surprised by the tank who doesn't block, doesn't taunt, and doesn't corral adds. DK tanks who don't use their chains upset me in ways I struggle to understand.

No, I won't be the least bit surprised by the healer who watches people die slowly, would rather be sorting inventory, and blames the multiple party deaths on lag.

What I want to know is how a player can accrue over 300cp without learning some VERY fundamental dungeon principles. Are there people out there buying pre-leveled accounts who have no idea how to play, or are my standards just way too high?

MAYBE...

JUST MAYBE...

I'll get tired of carrying useless players and rage-quit.