The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The new NB bug. Ambush.

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It now sort of roots you before you travel to your target, quite annoying to say the least. So whats next?

PC EU
PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Masterken
    Masterken
    ✭✭✭
    yes, can confirm this bug..nice job zeni..fter claock, shade and surprise attck. best bugged class evah
    @Masterken | EU PC Megaserver |

Cloud Chasers PVE italian Guild -Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Tick Tock Tormentor / Immortal Redeemer / Gryphon Heart / Unchained

PVP toons:

- Gan-Ken DC Wood Elf Stamblade AR 47
    - Necro-Kencer DC Nord StamCro AR 35
    - Frosty The Snow Ken DC Nord Stamden AR 40

• Irga
    Irga
    Soul Shriven
    +1
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh god no!
    Nb needs a defibrillator it’s [snip] dying without morphine, what is going on zos?

[Edited to remove profanity masking]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 30, 2018 9:17PM
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Masterken
    Masterken
    ✭✭✭
    @Masterken | EU PC Megaserver |

Cloud Chasers PVE italian Guild -Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Tick Tock Tormentor / Immortal Redeemer / Gryphon Heart / Unchained

PVP toons:

- Gan-Ken DC Wood Elf Stamblade AR 47
    - Necro-Kencer DC Nord StamCro AR 35
    - Frosty The Snow Ken DC Nord Stamden AR 40

• glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still a few working NB skills to ruin!
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was wondering if I was just lagging today during BG's. I think the change to gap closers in today's patch is the cause of this insanely sluggish "feature".
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea everytime I cast ambush I twitch with pain because it feels like lagg everytime.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was wondering if I was just lagging today during BG's. I think the change to gap closers in today's patch is the cause of this insanely sluggish "feature".

I tested other gap closers, only Teleport Strike & morphs have the self root.

So while it might be the cause, the only gap closer negatively affected by the change seems to be the NB one.
    Edited by DDuke on November 29, 2017 10:44AM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

I tested other gap closers, only Teleport Strike & morphs have the self root.

So while it might be the cause, the only gap closer negatively affected by the change seems to be the NB one.

Wich leads me to think they found it a lesser evil then the actual change to gapclosers, and that would be terrible, feels bad using ambush atm.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambush definitely causing controversy on PS4 NA last night - Lots of zone chat comments. Since it's not mentioned in the patch notes, I have to assume it's unintentional... and once again not tested - I main a NB and it's awful right now.

What on earth is happening? I know the game is complicated, but shouldn't all skills and morphs be tested prior to releasing an update? How does fixing long load screens involve a change to Ambush?

There's a pretty long list of issues on PS4 NA now: Ambush/Lotus Fan broken,
    guild invites not always working, charging/rapid manoeuvre buffs in groups canceling each other out and leaving a bunch of 0-second icons in the buff bar that never go away, random mount slowdowns, other NB skills (shadow image, shadowy disguise) broken, some healing skills not working, daily quest boards in Cyro & CWC not always offering quests, DK Fossilize not working as intended...

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy there are no more infinite load screens, I think ESO is a game in a class by itself, and I love the quarterly content releases, but I wonder if some fundamental changes to procedures and testing might not be in order. Is it a lack or resources? Dev team members not comfortable with the code? It's just that ESO seems to be a bit of a mess at the moment - fix one thing, break two more etc...
    PS4NA
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was never really using Ambush, always went with Crit Rush for a number of reasons, but now, I just took off the gap closer from the bar entirely.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is what I was talking about yesterday when I made a post about it I thought it was light attack doing it while trying to weave a light attack before a ambush but realized it was ambush it's self all tho other's didn't get what I was trying to explain I knew something was off and I felt like I was almost getting stuck https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4676949#Comment_4676949
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 29, 2017 3:12PM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, I love getting nerfed even more. Totally not regretting that I've stopped playing and cancelled my subscription two weeks ago.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys, just letting you know we're aware of this and are working on getting it fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, just letting you know we're aware of this and are working on getting it fixed.

Awesome :) cool it's getting fixed but I'm afraid something else will get broken while you guys are trying to fix ambush I'm scared :( lol
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 29, 2017 3:19PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

maybe next time PLEASE, it would be nice to prevent all the new bugs to appear in the first place, with every major update.

And what about shadow image? You tried to fix it and you broke it even more, but still no fix?
    Such a very often used skill for pvp, that should have been hotfixed within 1 week max, not maybe 4 weeks now and still nothing...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    altemriel wrote: »

maybe next time PLEASE, it would be nice to prevent all the new bugs to appear in the first place, with every major update.

And what about shadow image? You tried to fix it and you broke it even more, but still no fix?
    Such a very often used skill for pvp, that should have been hotfixed within 1 week max, not maybe 4 weeks now and still nothing...

This bug with Ambush never occurred on our internal servers and is only seen on Live. If you have questions about other bugs, please post them in existing threads relevant to that ability so we keep this one on-topic.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This bug with Ambush never occurred on our internal servers and is only seen on Live. If you have questions about other bugs, please post them in existing threads relevant to that ability so we keep this one on-topic.

It's not like that threads about the Shade bug would already exist :trollface: At least tell us if this is an intended (over)nerf or if it is a bug...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point; should it just be a "Nightblade is bugged" thread? At what point are we going to get to where the entire class is broken?
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you are at it, could we get an acknowledgment about the bugs related to cloak and/or strife weaving clunkyness?
    Also, clouding swarm works similar to teleport strike so I guess it's also bugged?
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This bug with Ambush never occurred on our internal servers and is only seen on Live.

That's interesting. I mean, it fills me with dread, but it's also quite interesting. I wonder just how different one is from the other, in general.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    At this point; should it just be a "Nightblade is bugged" thread? At what point are we going to get to where the entire class is broken?

Coming in the next Chapter for only $40 upgrade price!!
    PC-NA
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, can confirm this bug..nice job zeni..fter claock, shade and surprise attck. best bugged class evah
    NBs still have a way to go to catch up with Templar class bug history :)

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm this is happening with all gap closers, not just the Nightblade one. It's more subtle on non Ambush, but you're temporarily immobilized after casting a gap closer.

Furthermore, gap closers no longer place you at your target. If a target is running with high movement speed (major expedition + sprint, mounting, or using streak) you are placed ~3m behind them and the gap closer does NOT DEAL DAMAGE. This is extremely frustrating.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm this is happening with all gap closers, not just the Nightblade one. It's more subtle on non Ambush, but you're temporarily immobilized after casting a gap closer.

Furthermore, gap closers no longer place you at your target. If a target is running with high movement speed (major expedition + sprint, mounting, or using streak) you are placed ~3m behind them and the gap closer does NOT DEAL DAMAGE. This is extremely frustrating.

Not even ambush does dmg? (its a fricking teleport yo zos) @Gilliamtherogue

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL you peeps really need to get off your "internal servers" and use live, we might get a few more bugs fixed if you saw how bad it is out here and please spare me the "we play on live" pr spin
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just curious if this is a console problem or PC too? I was using Ambush on my Nightblade yesterday and didn't experience any of the problems that are being reported here... I'm on PC.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »

LOL you peeps really need to get off your "internal servers" and use live, we might get a few more bugs fixed if you saw how bad it is out here and please spare me the "we play on live" pr spin

I wish one of the prizes for the 10 million stories event was having a ZoS employee/dev come to your house and watch you play so you can show them all the **** you have to deal with daily playing this game. Sometimes i genuinely feel like they think we are making this crap up. Would love for one of them to sit with me for a play session and see what i experience.