The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can't join Guilds

Liofa
Liofa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have 4 guilds atm , asked for an invite to another , accepting invite but I am getting the error ''You can't join another guild without leaving one first.''

I know patch just dropped so I guess this is one of the things that is just bugged for no reason . Hope you fix it soon :)

UPDATE : You can join another guild if you have 3 . After 4 , it is bugged . You can't join a 5th guild .
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 19, 2022 6:40PM
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    And you cannot create a guild if it's your 5th guild. WTB Fix.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @liofa @mertusta Make sure you don't have any outstanding guild invites waiting as this could technically take up your 5th guild slot.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @liofa @mertusta Make sure you don't have any outstanding guild invites waiting as this could technically take up your 5th guild slot.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Nope . Tested with other people as well . They couldn't join a 5th guild . After 4 guilds , it bugs out and can't join the 5th one . I don't have any other guild invite waiting except the one I am trying to join .
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok. In that case, can you submit a ticket with Support and send me the ticket number?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok. In that case, can you submit a ticket with Support and send me the ticket number?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Sent with message . Thanks !
  • Baybaeckz
    Baybaeckz
    ✭✭✭
    Well adding another voice to this same thing, exact same thing, just submitted ticket.... Please fix this... thank you in advance
  • nobleboivin
    nobleboivin
    ✭✭
    i'm having the same issue as well. Submitted a ticket
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    I am also having issues accepting an invite to a fifth guild, it's deeply frustrating.

A ticket has been submitted, and I hope it's very promptly dealt with.
    Edited by sentientomega on October 24, 2017 12:16AM
  • JKorben
    JKorben
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having this problem too. Submitted a ticket in game
  • lordhakai
    lordhakai
    ✭✭✭
    i think this is a severwide issue @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    I can also confirm this one is happening :)
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • Baybaeckz
    Baybaeckz
    ✭✭✭
    The following is the ticket number
    # 171023-002898
    The following was the original email sent to zos:
    I originally had five active guilds before the update. Today I chose to leave one guild for entering another. Left one guild, there are four guilds listed, however i cannot accept an invite from another guild and the following pops up." You cannot enter another guild without leaving another". I have turned the add-ons off and on; rebooted the computer as well as the game. Any help would be appreciated.
    Even though I greatly appreciate the prompt response, the response didn't help too much-

Check for any outstanding guild invitations that you have not declined or accepted.
    Decline these or accept them.
    Remove all outstanding guild requests from your notifications.
    Type /reloadui in the chat window if on PC/Mac, or if on console, log out and back in again
    Try to create a new guild.

So I'm asking ever so politely, what next?
  • tjbhunter
    tjbhunter
    ✭✭
    I also have this issue. Submitted ticket 171023-003436
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should we keep opening tickets? Because I have teh very same issue as my comrades above.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    Should we keep opening tickets? Because I have teh very same issue as my comrades above.

@Milvan

Yes, open a ticket.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tjbhunter
    tjbhunter
    ✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »

Yes. Reason being, they need to know its not the same issue as before (the response I got back to my tickets was similar to what Gina mentioned for troubleshooting). Ticket volume points ZOS towards a new bug, if they aren't looking already.
  • tjbhunter
    tjbhunter
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Just to clarify and confirm the issue... I was in 5 guilds. I had no pending guild invites. I left one, and got an invite for another. I cannot accept this new invite, even though I am in 4 guilds with only 1 pending guild invite. I know there are at least 3 other people just in my guild alone, having this issue.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. I'm in 4 guilds atm. Same behaviour 1. Accepting invite but after this I am getting the error ''You can't join another guild without leaving one first.''
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for submitting the tickets, everyone. No updates on this, but we are actively looking into it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Baybaeckz
    Baybaeckz
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting Gina; hopefully this will fixed soon
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    please fix!! all my friends also suffering from this
  • Thekeger
    Thekeger
    Soul Shriven
    I am also having this issue
  • krobin021
    krobin021
    I am having this issue as well I submitted my bug report about 11 pm east coast time on 10/24/17. I have 1 free guild slot open and it says can't join guild without leaving one first.
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify, I was in 5 guilds, left one (after CWC update) and then got this error.

I also know people who have been able to accept guild invites.

Did everyone who's getting this error leave a guild after CWC update or did they already have a slot left?
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the very same issue, I cant join another guild and its really annoying. Ticket submitted. Excuse me, but did they seriously just tell me to try to hit the repair button? Many people have the same problem this is not one person issue, repair button wont do anything (I tried it anyway because I want this solved).
    Please @ZOS_GinaBruno , this is serious problem. Already 5 guilds is not enough and I am now stuck at 4 no matter what I do.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    # 171023-002898
    I originally had five active guilds before the update. Today I chose to leave one guild for entering another. Left one guild, there are four guilds listed, however i cannot accept an invite from another guild and the following pops up." You cannot enter another guild without leaving another". I have turned the add-ons off and on; rebooted the computer as well as the game. Any help would be appreciated.
    Even though I greatly appreciate the prompt response, the response didn't help too much-

Check for any outstanding guild invitations that you have not declined or accepted.
    Type /reloadui in the chat window if on PC/Mac, or if on console, log out and back in again

Next they are gonna tell you to hit the repair button like they told me - with no sucess.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Thekeger
    Thekeger
    Soul Shriven
    # 171023-002898

I got that response as well. It's the equivalent of "have you tried turning it off and on again?"
  • Kalitas
    Kalitas
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm this also happened to two people I tried to invite to a guild.
    @Kevin-G | Ajani | Wü-Tang Clan
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    please fix this at monday
    pls
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Member in my other guild cant also join other guilds.
This discussion has been closed.