The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Giving up on VMA Final Boss - Weapon Can't be Worth THIS!

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id rather be kicked in the nuts than spend any time in there
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    bhagwad wrote: »
    So after countless soul gems and grand repair kits on my Magplar on PS4, I'm giving up on Voriak Solkyn - the final boss of VMA. I'd love to get a maelstrom lightning staff, but it's not going to happen. I"ve tried everything, but I can't get the three crystals down. I've been following Alcast's guide, and even though I can pull 27k DPS at CP 522, I just don't have enough DPS to down the crystals. And if I jump down, there's a crematorium guard waiting for me.

Enough is enough. I'm accepting that I'm just not up to the task. I've risked the wrath of my wife, neglected my piano, taken time out on Thanksgiving holidays to spend it on VMA. And now I'm just tired. I've spent all my gold on repair kits, and I'm tapped out.

So much for taking advantage of the double weekend Orsinium event.

It's funny because every single gear guide for PvE recommends a Maelstrom staff. Well, screw it. I will live with a subpar build.

Edit: Question - How much easier is VMA with a Magsorc as opposed to a Magplar? I've never run a sorcerer, so I don't know...

PPS: I'm also a vampire. Stage 2. I don't want to cure it, because I spent 1500 crowns on getting the infection! Don't want it to go waste...

There is a bufffood in the game that reduce the vampire stage to 1 and you dont have any negative effects. Also you dont need a vma staff, its just a tiny bit better. You can also use a siegel when you go down and kill the guard, but its better to save them for later.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep on going- ur not bad- its not u- well it might be the connection but the place as someone aptly said "is a choreographed dance". u just need to memorise the steps each time and in time you ll get it.
    i went from taking a week to get my first clear- with TWO WHOLE DAYS on the last boss- to now being able to clear it with each class but warden (still levelling) and flawless on a couple . its just gonna take u bit longer- but u ll get there. mind you - dont negelct ur life- just chip away at it over time. i wanted to do it for last orsinium event as well, was cp390 then- and didnt get it done- i was shattered and frustrated, but then i levelled up a little bit - worked on cp- got to about 450- refined my build- and got thru. mind u magplar , for me anyway is hard, cos the resistances in pve jsut arent there,and the resources , etc- its just nto the ideal class. but if u can get 27kdps- ur damage is fine- its just a matter now, of memorising the steps.
    good luck to you- hope the accomplishment is even sweeter when you get it
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I also do not quite understand the fascination people have with double destro staffs. Well actually I do, because they give a higher DPS parse on a target dummy. But is VMA more akin to a DPS parse on a target dummy or, say, PvP where you have to tank, heal, and DPs all by yourself? PvP right? How many good magplars do you know that run around in Cyrodiil with a double destro build? I personally would run either a resto back bar (mutagen is a possibility, healing ward is better than breath of life, Light's Champion ultimate will save you against a Crematorium Guard, empowering Sweep will not) or, if you have access to Lich 1-handed weapon and shield, have that as a 5 piece, which will do wonders for your resource management, and allow you to slot something more useful than elemental drain (such as honor the dead).
    To add to that, destro/resto can get pretty high scores, too (not my video): https://youtu.be/KP86mePueno

Did you read the part where the OP keeps dying?

Yes. And you argued that destro/destro is just for score and that destro/resto is better for someone who's learning, which I have no disagreement about. I'm just saying that destro/resto is good for score, too, to further support your suggestion of a backbar resto.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc Pet Build

Cheesy Easy
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I don't find that personally, Pet's are a pain despite the gain. I think a classic build is simpler.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    So after countless soul gems and grand repair kits on my Magplar on PS4, I'm giving up on Voriak Solkyn - the final boss of VMA. I'd love to get a maelstrom lightning staff, but it's not going to happen. I"ve tried everything, but I can't get the three crystals down. I've been following Alcast's guide, and even though I can pull 27k DPS at CP 522, I just don't have enough DPS to down the crystals. And if I jump down, there's a crematorium guard waiting for me.

Enough is enough. I'm accepting that I'm just not up to the task. I've risked the wrath of my wife, neglected my piano, taken time out on Thanksgiving holidays to spend it on VMA. And now I'm just tired. I've spent all my gold on repair kits, and I'm tapped out.

It's funny because every single gear guide for PvE recommends a Maelstrom staff. Well, screw it. I will live with a subpar build.

Edit: Question - How much easier is VMA with a Magsorc as opposed to a Magplar? I've never run a sorcerer, so I don't know...

PPS: I'm also a vampire. Stage 2. I don't want to cure it, because I spent 1500 crowns on getting the infection! Don't want it to go waste...

Sorcs are easier imo, and your vamprism is totally fine. Magplars shouldn't have to much difficulty in there tho. I'd shield on cool down up top if for first timers, and use lee drain on an too. Just don't let your mag pool get too low and you should be ok.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your DPS is low you can break down the fight a bit:
    1) DPS boss in the middle until he moves to the side and starts channeling
    2) Move to boss and bash him once to stop, then retreat a bit to avoid AoE
    3) Wait for the Crematorial Guard to spawn then throw Elemental rage; block and shield to avoid damage and CC, also try to draw the healer in
    4) Boss should now go to center and start climbing, see which platform lights up, draw the ghost clannfear and kill it
    5) Go up and move counter clockwise and start DPS on 1st crystal, watch the boss and see when he does the skull attack - block it and move from meteor AoE - moving side to side on the inner edge of the ring is most effective.
    6) When the wall spawns move with it clockwise and continue do DPS the 1st crystal if it's not destroyed already, then start attacking the 2nd, move slightly to avoid the meteors
    7) When the wall breaks finish the 2nd crystal and move to the 3rd already; if you have problems with managing the DoT come down, kill the Crematorial and healer and go up again as this resets the DoT.
    8) When the 3rd crystal is broken go down and grab the defense rune and also the damage one if you feel DPS is not enough.
    9) When the boss starts channeling again don't bash, as the rune reflects his attacks and he takes damage, put DoTs on him, go and grab the 1st ghost
    10) Go back and kill the summoner, refresh DoTs on boss and go grab the 2nd ghost
    11) Go back to boss, go full DPS on him and grab 3rd ghost, stun the boss and the crematorial that spawns with synergy, drop elemental rage on both, then move into execute and finish him

This works well on any magicka class not only Templar.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrfWst9lyWs
    Magsorc makes it that much easier at the moment. :|

Yet oddly enough, I find Templars easier to do VMA with. So much so, I even did it up to Stage 5 with no weapons. Yes, you read that correct. VMA with NO WEAPONS at all. Lol. S*** got real at that ice stage, however. And it just wasn’t possible anymore. I needed access to a second bar, and doing something with no weapons means no second bar.

https://youtu.be/BhveLIutWYw

The problem is, VMA is super buggy/glitchy at the moment. I can’t even be bothered to do it at the current moment, and I was excited for the double drops in there. It translates to easy grain solvent and elegant lining farming. However, it’s just no worth the constant blue screens I’ve been getting (PS4 Pro). It isn’t worth the constant freezes and desyncs that throw everything out of whack. Combine all that with mobs not following their own attack patterns, and not providing the proper indicators like they’re supposed to... And you have a nightmare on your hands. I can’t even imagine what people who don’t have that much experience with VMA are enduring, when a person like me who’s done VMA numerous times are catching it rough.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on November 23, 2017 12:18PM
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    It's just you and the mechanics. Put in the work and you will get there or settle and wonder what could've been.

Make no mistake if you clear this by yourself you will be a much better player by the end. Which is why it's incredibly easy to tell who got flawless legit and who rocks a title they do not deserve. Guides or builds will help a lot but ultimately it's on you to execute the strategy and since there is little room for error it forces you to up your game.

Those of you that Tanked or Healed a vast amount of time and are now trying VMA are the real MVP's. I couldn't imagine going zero to 100 like that so keep your chin up and try, try, try again.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just you and the mechanics. Put in the work and you will get there or settle and wonder what could've been.

Make no mistake if you clear this by yourself you will be a much better player by the end. Which is why it's incredibly easy to tell who got flawless legit and who rocks a title they do not deserve. Guides or builds will help a lot but ultimately it's on you to execute the strategy and since there is little room for error it forces you to up your game.

Those of you that Tanked or Healed a vast amount of time and are now trying VMA are the real MVP's. I couldn't imagine going zero to 100 like that so keep your chin up and try, try, try again.

@INHUMANENATION Are you aware that it is actually possible to do VMA with a tank build? I don’t know if said builds are still viable post-Morrowind, but I recall stumbling across a player which was a Flawless Conqueror on a StamDK; utilizing a tanky PvP build. Impenetrable for traits and all. Guy was running S&B front bar, and 2H on the back bar. Tremorscale for his undaunted monster set. The whole shabang.

I asked him if he was seriously using that build for PvE, and he said yes. And that he had just gotten finished acquiring his new Flawless Conqueror title with that build. I and another gentleman called his bluff, and he agreed to stream another run of his for us. And best believe, dude was barraging through VMA like it was nothing. I couldn’t believe it. I even made a thread about it here on these very forums upon seeing what I saw. It was incredible. Dude was actually kicking VMA’s ass with his health bar and resources barely moving, and in a PvP tank build. It was bananas, bruh.
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

@INHUMANENATION Are you aware that it is actually possible to do VMA with a tank build? I don’t know if said builds are still viable post-Morrowind, but I recall stumbling across a player which was a Flawless Conqueror on a StamDK; utilizing a tanky PvP build. Impenetrable for traits and all. Guy was running S&B front bar, and 2H on the back bar. Tremorscale for his undaunted monster set. The whole shabang.

I asked him if he was seriously using that build for PvE, and he said yes. And that he had just gotten finished acquiring his new Flawless Conqueror title with that build. I and another gentleman called his bluff, and he agreed to stream another run of his for us. And best believe, dude was barraging through VMA like it was nothing. I couldn’t believe it. I even made a thread about it here on these very forums upon seeing what I saw. It was incredible. Dude was actually kicking VMA’s ass with his health bar and resources barely moving, and in a PvP tank build. It was bananas, bruh.

See now thats dope. I know a few pvp'rs that don't give a single hoot about meta or BiS or anything but rolled into VMA and just crossed bridges once they got there and beat VMA. Over a bit of time they fine tuned things and got their flawless. Utterly steamrolling the stuff. I'd prolly be considered a pve'r but of the best players I've ran with, they all earned their stripes in Cyrodiil and eventually made it into pve and excelled. I suppose when you are used to dodge or avoiding a zerg of frags youre not really sweating a couple flowers you have to avoid or a skull attacks every now and then.

Thanks for sharing because stuff like that does make me happy to read.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel you there! I'm doing my 2nd run in vma and I'm on last boss too, but I do get past the 3 crystals, it's the crematorial guard that spawns after you get all 3 crystals >.<
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Maelstrom is a tricky one, especially on a Magicka Templar. Its prolly one of the most difficult setups to try finishing MSA.

Once you know mechanics and what type of attacks certain enemies have and how to dodge/mitigate them it wi

Maelstrom is a tricky one, especially on a Magicka Templar. Its prolly one of the most difficult setups to try finishing MSA.

Once you know mechanics and what type of attacks certain enemies have and how to dodge/mitigate them it will get a lot easier. You having not maxium CP is also one of the main points why it is more difficult. You have 522 CP and the cap is at 690 iirc so you miss about 20-30% dmg output and you also have less damage mitigation which is even more important.

I did a MSA run with 300 CP and beginner gear a while ago you can find it here:
    https://youtu.be/f6It6FSQfNY

Its a bit out of date but I am planning on updating my website soon, tho prolly wont be in time for the Orsinium event. But the video still should give you a general idea on what to look out for.

If you have troubles with the crystals, you do not need to kill them in one rotation. You can go up there twice again. Crematorial Guards you just have to make sure to run in a circle around them when they are spiting fire so you do not get hit by the fire. Also make sure to use Sigils.

If you have the chance, I highly recommend recording your tries and then analyze them where exactly stuff went wrong so you can "theorycraft and improve"
    Edited by Alcast on November 23, 2017 1:12PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    I feel you there! I'm doing my 2nd run in vma and I'm on last boss too, but I do get past the 3 crystals, it's the crematorial guard that spawns after you get all 3 crystals >.<

The crematorial guardian should die if you destroy all crystals.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I almost excursively tanked for 2 years since joining the game, then decided I needed to develop my abilities as DD, not on one but 4 characters at the same time, and started off with vMA. I started with my stamina DK, reached the last boss on 1st attempt but gave up since I didn't have enough DPS (was in my PvP gear and also my rotation wasn't really fixed) so next day I tried on magicka Sorcerer (no pet) and cleared it in one go, took me about 2 hours in total. I returned on DK and finished with a similar gear setup - 2H/Bow - but different sets. Next I did it on Magicka Templar which was horrible for the first 10+ runs since I was stubborn enough to cling to some really bad skills, such as puncturing sweeps and BoL, but once I fixed my build and rotation and got rid of those it became much easier. The fewest clears are on stamina NB and I still die a lot. At this point I have all the weapons and I abandoned vMA for a while to concentrate on other content: the HotR dungeons, vDSA and veteran trials, mainly vMoL. I will return to vMA in a few months though.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On my Magicka Templar I run the following setup:

Front: Radiant Glory | Purifying Light | Harness Magicka | Elemental Drain | Inner Light || Empowering Sweep
    Back: Lightning Blockade | Blazing Spear | Ritual of Retribution | Vampire's Bane | Degeneration || Elemental Rage

Rotation is really simple: Elemental Drain -> Purifying Light -> bar swap -> Degeneration -> LA -> Vampire's Bane -> LA -> Ritual of Retribution -> LA -Blazing Spear -> LA -> Lightning Blockade -> bar swap -> Purifying Light -> HA x 2 -> Purifying Light -> bar swap. Reapply Elemental Drain every 2nd rotation. In execute phase (under 20% HP) use 2x Radiant Glory instead of front bar attacks.

It's probably not near top DPS for Templar but it's safe, sustainable and cheap to play since you have major/minor sorcery and major prophecy from skills and you can use dropped magicka potions or tri-pots if you struggle with stamina. Works for group content too, if you replace Elemental Drain with Force Pulse/Crushing Shock and weave that with HA. You don't really need specific gear, but probably something like 5 Law of Julianos / War Maiden + 4 Infallible Mage / Moondancer + 2 Monster Set with double lightning staves would work best. Since you can go ranged and your rotation is just DoTs (lightning HA is a DoT too) I would recommend Valkyn Skoria set. It also gives you 1.2K health bonus and allows you to use Whichmother's Brew for more recovery and still have enough health for safe runs.
    Edited by Asardes on November 23, 2017 2:27PM

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would you use repair kits? Do you have them spare from PVP?

My first clear took me about 120 deaths, my second clear around 20, my third clear has been going on since 3 days and I died like 200 times so far. I'm pretty upset at this point about my own performance. Did this happen to anyone else? I flawlessed stage 1-6 and 8 already on my third try and still can't beat Voriak anymore. First I had mana sustain issues which I solved by slotting Harness instead of Ward. Now I have massive stam sustain issues in phase 3 which I will hopefully solve by slotting Crushing Shock instead of Force Pulse. I can't believe I beat him two times without these skills.
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did Flawless achievement on my 12k DPS heavy armor DK.

I often intentionally fell down to avoid the damage over time you have while up, but more often than not, I managed to kill the three crystals in one try.

The point is to damage them simultaneously as much as possible. I just walked around in circles applying dots to each one.
    Templars have Vampire's Bane - make sure it is up as close as 100% of the time on all 3 crystals.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    You're dropping your 27k DPS like its a lot. I'm sorry to break it to you, but even for 522 CP, 27k is low.

27k is plenty for vMA.

Personally I AIM for 25k and keep bumping up my health and sustain until I get down to 25k.

Getting 28k? Change 1 item to heavy instead of medium.
    27k now? ok, change an enchant from stam to health or maybe a weapon damage to stam regen.
    25.5k? Sweet, now we're good.

Yeh vMA is all about burst. Still, with 27k DPS no wonder the arena is a pain in the ***.

Picking when to use the damage sigil and your ultimate more than makes up for it imho.

That's also probably my biggest tip for first completes. Use the damn sigils. They are super strong and can be used every round.

Why would you waste the Damage sigil on the Crystal Phase? Chances are, you've already used it to burn the Daedroth on your first clear. And you'll need the rest for the final phase because chances are, you're gonna panic and do stupid things, so the sigils would save your butt during that time. The Crystal Phase is just something you need good DPS and awareness for

I didn't suggest using the damage sigil on that phase, though I know a guy would would because he literally found it the hardest part of the final boss. The DOT was wrecking him and he had stamina issues running around, avoiding the meteors and skulls. Once the crystals were down he could grab the defence sigil and could easily burn the boss.

There is no wrong way to complete vMA, try a few things out.
    As I pointed out, I LOWER my dps so that I have more sustain, resist and health. I want to try and reduce the impact of RNG by giving myself bigger safety margins while still having enough DPS to get it done.
    To a LOT of people this is the worst way to go. Build for massive DPS and instantly kill everything. Dead things don't hurt you. That's ok, I'm doing my vMA run, nobody else.

Identify the hardest thing for you on this character and use the sigils to fill the gap at that time.

I found doing it on my bow/bow stam blade (don't ask) it was best to use the damage sigil right at the start so i could get to the crystals before the daedroth spawned. Obviously the crystals were easy for someone with snipe, e-hail, pinject etc.

With my stam sorc 'meta' build I just drop the ballista att he start and it's all good, save the damage sigil for the burn phase after the crystals are all destroyed.

My point is that if you can't get past the crystal phase, use some sigils. try the speed, or the damage, or the health. Get a tactic that works for you and then get to the next problem.

Doing vMA on my bow/bow build really taught me how powerful those sigils can be and using one at the right time can be a game changer.
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

My first clear was on my stam-sorc tank with knight errant, seventh legion, tremor scale. 1h shield on the front bar, DW on the back.
    I still use this tank for pledges. He has insane levels of self heals and puts out 15k+ dps. low for a dps, but high for a tank :grin:
  • Mikuelray
    Mikuelray
    ✭✭
    The bow is so worth it for bis stam dps. Got real lucky. Completed vma once and got lighting staff and bow. Both with best trait lol. Magblade seems easier but magsorc is still easy mode. Dots is key for the crystals. It can be done in 1 phase but takes practice. Magicka builds makes it much easier. Shields are your best friend.
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Once you know mechanics and what type of attacks certain enemies have and how to dodge/mitigate them it wi

Once you know mechanics and what type of attacks certain enemies have and how to dodge/mitigate them it will get a lot easier. You having not maxium CP is also one of the main points why it is more difficult. You have 522 CP and the cap is at 690 iirc so you miss about 20-30% dmg output and you also have less damage mitigation which is even more important.

I did a MSA run with 300 CP and beginner gear a while ago you can find it here:
    https://youtu.be/f6It6FSQfNY

Its a bit out of date but I am planning on updating my website soon, tho prolly wont be in time for the Orsinium event. But the video still should give you a general idea on what to look out for.

If you have troubles with the crystals, you do not need to kill them in one rotation. You can go up there twice again. Crematorial Guards you just have to make sure to run in a circle around them when they are spiting fire so you do not get hit by the fire. Also make sure to use Sigils.

If you have the chance, I highly recommend recording your tries and then analyze them where exactly stuff went wrong so you can "theorycraft and improve"

I did it. Wrote a post on it :)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also do not quite understand the fascination people have with double destro staffs. Well actually I do, because they give a higher DPS parse on a target dummy. But is VMA more akin to a DPS parse on a target dummy or, say, PvP where you have to tank, heal, and DPs all by yourself? PvP right? How many good magplars do you know that run around in Cyrodiil with a double destro build? I personally would run either a resto back bar (mutagen is a possibility, healing ward is better than breath of life, Light's Champion ultimate will save you against a Crematorium Guard, empowering Sweep will not) or, if you have access to Lich 1-handed weapon and shield, have that as a 5 piece, which will do wonders for your resource management, and allow you to slot something more useful than elemental drain (such as honor the dead).
    To add to that, destro/resto can get pretty high scores, too (not my video): https://youtu.be/KP86mePueno

Did you read the part where the OP keeps dying?

Yes. And you argued that destro/destro is just for score and that destro/resto is better for someone who's learning, which I have no disagreement about. I'm just saying that destro/resto is good for score, too, to further support your suggestion of a backbar resto.

OK, my bad. Skimming these forums because busy time. Sorry for the mix-up!
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    This Looks Like A Job For ..

1zuk24.jpg

@Lukums1

He has returned!

<3 thanks for the summon.

They are right I have ran it over 1500 times with the videos to proof that count.
    Enough about me.

I've read what you said.
    Anyone is capable as a magicka sorc to clear it's the tricks which you seem to need help with.

If you're up at crystals and you come down you will certainly face a CG. Here's the trick for "newbies" no offense!
    You KEEP your ultimate and use suppression field on him and the clanfear to get back up top, not only does this nullify his BREATH attack it will also stun the clanfear ensuring a smooth transition back up top.

Vamp will be effecting you somewhat, as long as you have 75 points into elemental defender and thick skin it shouldn't be an issue.

CP for "newbies" is also a HUGE concern, they almost always have it wrong. So I'd be interested to see exactly what you're running to futher assist in greater detail.

Gear/CP is generally a non issue, with clearing it as a (almost naked) blue staff mess on stream (in first person). LOL

I'm happy to step you through bit by bit if you ever wanna tee up a time where we can discuss at greater lengths on coms.

Many thanks,

You're vMA Wh0r3 Lukums
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100000000x easier on magsorc brotha
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case anybody didn’t mention it you don’t need to use soul gems. Revive at the wayshrine. You will revive st the mini wayshrine and start again in the same mini round your in. There’s also a merchant there to repair your gear which is much cheaper than using repair kits :)
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some great advice here but I think the one thing that isn't being mentioned is the LAG.

As I posted in another thread, my upload speed is actually in KBPS and download in low MBPS. Now, VMA is difficult enough without throwing a very poor internet connection into the mix. When you're trying to learn the cadence of the fight, you have 3-4 second lag and your pets won't even spawn (I could see the skills lighting up when I pressed the buttons, but that was it), you start to feel like this is an utter waste of time and money... then all the great advice in the world isn't going to make any difference whatsoever. No matter the "easy Pet Sorc" build. No matter the sets, and skills. Trying to use a Resto, except you can't barswap - or can't in time to save yourself. I've been banging my head against the wall for countless hours, spent probably over 50k gold in repairs and... yeah. Done for now.

What's even more frustrating is that while I could change ISP (at significant additional cost) there's no guarantee that my ASDL speed will improve. And that's what I'm stuck with for at least 2.5 years.

Edited by LadyLethalla on December 11, 2017 2:21AM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LadyLethalla i totaly agree with you

Without the LAG i can finish now VMSA within 2hr or so with the LAG i give up on 4th stage

Don't you just love it when you have full health and then within 2 sec your dead lol or as you mention you cast ability and nothing lol so you cast it again still nothing and you cast it again and then your characters casts the same spell 3 times and your mana is already half way gone lol

or my favo part is when everything stops ... and you can move around but everybody is frozen and then boom your dead or d/c aaaa

still no lighting VMSa staff :(
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have lag or live in Oceania, VMA is not worth it.
    Respect to those that did it though. I couldn't.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weapons aren't even worth the hassle now. Do it for the rush you'll get when you finally succeed, which you eventually will.
    Edited by Ohtimbar on December 11, 2017 4:34AM
    forever stuck in combat